forum

What does "Play time" in Osu! really track?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mio Winter
To me it seems crazy that the best players in Osu! have such a low "Play time" number. Is it really true Axarious is rank 6 and he has only played this for 734 hours? I'd expect the best players at this to have played more than 10k hours at the very minimum. It cannot be true that none of the top 10 ranked players have all played less than 2k hours... (Although Cookiezi's play time doesn't count, due to time with no account and such.)

What does "Play time" really track? Does it include time spent on unranked maps, time spent in lobby, time spent in edit mode?

What explains their low "Play time" number?
KupcaH
-Play time tracking only when you PLAYING ranked map.

-Idk.
Topic Starter
Mio Winter

KupcaH wrote:

That seems the most likely hypothesis to me, but how do you know?
KupcaH

peppy wrote:

Counts total seconds actually spent playing a map (including breaks).
t/95049/start=195
breadman

Timo Timo wrote:

What explains their low "Play time" number?
I'm guessing it's because the tracking started when the feature was added
KupcaH

Mark9870 wrote:

Feature was added about 2-3 month ago... So, no.
Yolshka

KupcaH wrote:

Mark9870 wrote:

Feature was added about 2-3 month ago... So, no.
Still seems pretty inaccurate because there could be cases like one player has lower play time but both total hits and pc are higher than player b, even tho thats not possible because either total hits or pc should be lower on player A if player B has higher play time, unless player B has managed to spend all of his hours on 2* maps which i doubt.
10K hours is ridiciolus though.
Yuudachi-kun
You can have lower hits and higher playtime if you play slower or easier maps

This is far from impossible
chainpullz

KupcaH wrote:

-Idk.
Thus why axarious who only plays ranked maps when going for ranks has such low play time and rohulk who edited most of his maps to different settings (with these new diffs being unranked) both appear to have much lower play time. In fact most players play an extremely large amount of unranked maps.

Some more notable exceptions to spending a significant portion of time relative to their total play time are rafis who spends most of his time tryharding on ranked maps, and WWW who spend/spent a lot of his casual play on farming SS's on ranked maps. In addition, a number of players have had their stats reset at one point or another (ie. bikko/index/cookiezi/spare) for reasons not worth mentioning.

TL;DR: None of the stats on your profile track anything but ranked plays so they can/will be very inaccurate. Don't even bother using them as a means of comparing players.
kurodahatsuharu
734 hours is a pretty big number. I'm a casual osu! player and it take me 4 months to play 82 hours. So if you calculated, the among he play (if he play the same among of time per day) will be nearly 3 years.
Topic Starter
Mio Winter

KupcaH wrote:

peppy wrote:

Counts total seconds actually spent playing a map (including breaks).
t/95049/start=195
Thanks. : )

chainpullz wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

-Idk.
Thus why axarious who only plays ranked maps when going for ranks has such low play time and rohulk who edited most of his maps to different settings (with these new diffs being unranked) both appear to have much lower play time. In fact most players play an extremely large amount of unranked maps.

Some more notable exceptions to spending a significant portion of time relative to their total play time are rafis who spends most of his time tryharding on ranked maps, and WWW who spend/spent a lot of his casual play on farming SS's on ranked maps. In addition, a number of players have had their stats reset at one point or another (ie. bikko/index/cookiezi/spare) for reasons not worth mentioning.

TL;DR: None of the stats on your profile track anything but ranked plays so they can/will be very inaccurate. Don't even bother using them as a means of comparing players.
Makes sense.
StephOsu
it tracks how tryhard you are
KupcaH
I found that play time counting even when you're paused song. :< Now I was afk for 2 hours, and leaved song paused, and now I found that I've got 2 hours of play time increased.
The Gambler
535-ish hours on osu! in 3 years...
KupcaH
Play the fuck more.
Yuudachi-kun
I will play more mania