forum

How much space osu takes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cute Panther
Hi I am thinking of downloading osu! on ssd of 250GB where I will be running only operating system and osu like I said.How much space does it take?You can post some examples of how many beatmaps you have and the space it takes.Thanks in advance.
Full Tablet

With 105,641 beatmaps.
Xyrus_old_1
11.7GB with ~2900 beatmaps. I always choose to download beatmaps without video. The game itself only seems to take up 600-700MB, but this is a rough estimate.
The Gambler
Ask peppy how much his servers are currently holding... that's how much "osu" is
Futon
Less than 5 GB with around 1600 beatmaps. Looking at your profile, I guess you probably don't have a lot of beatmaps since you didn't play the game for too long. Osu should be 2 GB at most for you.
SuperSaltyGamer
70-80 GB with about 10,000 beatmaps (all of the beatmap packs). ;)
Rumberkren
an operating system *windows* took 20GB~ (64bit)
so, there's around 230GB of disk space
230GB is way too much for osu (in my opinion)
so, you're good to go

(i have 8000~ beatmaps, 17GB~)
Yuudachi-kun
8000 beatmaps 25gb
TicClick
10,404 sets with 37,711 difficulties take 57.7 GB approx., and there are no videos. What osu! shows in main menu is the number of difficulties, not beatmap sets.
Even if you download all ranked maps, that'd be only about 120 GB at most, given you want them with no video.
Niko-nyan
15.2GB with 10000 beatmaps (but most of the beatmaps are taiko difficulties and a few of unranked maps for practice)

and yeah, it's a lot for me :(
AGRX
yeah if you get to the point you have many beatmaps you can delete videos from beatmaps and also skin elements that come with beatmaps packed.
Mo mit o
~50GB with ~20k beatmaps.
Windows takes ~20GB so you would have 230 GB only for beatmaps. That more than enough.