forum

Help with Tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dri
Hi! This is just a thread to see if there's anyway I can improve my tapping skills. I'm fine with my aim with the mouse, but I can't tap a circle in time at all. Any methods to train my tapping accuracy? Thanks! :D
DeathHydra
Listen to the music more carefully. Feel the beat and tap according to that. Or you can pay more attention to the approach circle.

And also, play more
StephOsu
Tips to get better

DeathAdderz wrote:

play more
Hiro-Senpai

StephOsu wrote:

Tips to get better

DeathAdderz wrote:

play more
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
Xyrus_old_1
1. Enable hitsounds
2. Adjust volume of hitsounds and music until you can clearly hear the hitsounds over the music
3. Use https://osu.ppy.sh/s/4659 to adjust your global offset, avoid adjusting local offset
4a. Find a map you've played a few times, then pass it (the OD of the map should be a whole number, e.g. 6 / 7 / 8 / etc..
4b. Go into options and change turn on the Hit Error Bar
4c. Watch the replay of the map you just passed taking note of how early/late you're coming it (the white bar in the middle is on-time, to the left is early, to the right is late). You can calculate it in ms by checking the OD of the map and using an OD chart like this one, e.g. you just played an OD 6 map and most of your hits are slightly to the left of the blue 300 area, since OD 6 gives you a 300 if you hit within 43.5ms of the correct timing, you're off by about 45-50ms or 1/20th of a second
4d. Now go back and play that map and try to come in 1/20th of a second late, if you managed to get mostly 300s, pat yourself on the back and move on to your next goal, otherwise, go back to step 4c
The Gambler
pray mole
Sup A Noob
Believe in the keyboard that believes in you
Hiro-Senpai
Believe in the heart of keys
Topic Starter
dri
I'll see how this works. Thanks! :P
(any more tips to practice should also respond :P)
Rosten
If you want better acc, listen to the music, approach circles are ultimate crutch. Not really, but don't forget that above all else, osu is a rhythm game. Crank the music up to 100 and tap to the beat instead of the circles.

If you want to have better tapping stamina, there's no easy way to get that. Just play long maps. There's no easy way to train stam.

Try and single-tap as much as you can, lot easier to keep a beat when you don't have to pay attention to hitting two keys instead of one.
Xyrus_old_1

Rosten wrote:

Try and single-tap as much as you can, lot easier to keep a beat when you don't have to pay attention to hitting two keys instead of one.
Single tap vs. Alternating is preference only. It does not make the game harder or easier.
Lagel
i love how you kids who spam play more are always the same rank
The Gambler

Lagel wrote:

The pp drought is harsh
E m i

Lagel wrote:

Single people? Maintaining the same rank between their play more posts?

Or multiple people, all of them having approximately the same rank when they post?

Why is neither one valid?
Most importantly, why is neither one the kind of irony-spotting and devastatingly witty remark that you seem to think it is?
Fxjlk

Momiji wrote:

Lagel wrote:

Single people? Maintaining the same rank between their play more posts?

Or multiple people, all of them having approximately the same rank when they post?

Why is neither one valid?
Most importantly, why is neither one the kind of irony-spotting and devastatingly witty remark that you seem to think it is?
I think hes saying that he always sees low level players saying play more and hes implying people should git gud before they post because their view on the game is worthless.

Would of been more entertaining if he actually had a logical argument against play more.
LoliPantsu
u gotta get a razer gaming chair
Lagel

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

I think hes saying that he always sees low level players saying play more and hes implying people should git gud before they post because their view on the game is worthless.

Would of been more entertaining if he actually had a logical argument against play more.
You should stop assuming because you're gonna make an ass out of u and me. Mostly you tho.
Fxjlk

Lagel wrote:

You should stop assuming because you're gonna make an ass out of u and me. Mostly you tho.
You should probably not post a comment that could be misinterpreted as calling low rank players kids.
Yuudachi-kun
I agree with L
Lagel

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

You should probably not post a comment that could be misinterpreted as calling low rank players kids.
What? lmfao
how about you just don't assume xddd

Khelly wrote:

I agree with L
i've been craving your love for too long
StephOsu
I like how people just take it as a joke on the exact same post in here but they decided to get offended in here
Xyrus_old_1

StephOsu wrote:

I like how people just take it as a joke on the exact same post in here but they decided to get offended in here
1 of the 7 mysteries of G&R.
StephOsu

Xyrus wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

where's the other 6
Xyrus_old_1

StephOsu wrote:

Xyrus wrote:

where's the other 6
If I told you any more than that, it would ruin their mysteriousness. 8-)
StephOsu
BUT MUH MYSTERIES :'(
winber1

StephOsu wrote:

where's the other 6
in my pants
show more