forum

LMC (#500-#5000) osu! Standard Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bratan
LMC osu! Standard Tournament

Hello and welcome to the official thread of the LMC osu! standard tournament. Everything you need to know, how and where to sign up and when this tournament will take place can be read down below.

Rules And General Information

General rules and conditions

Tournament style:

This is a 1v1 tournament with 3 to 5 participants per team.
Score v2 will be used.
3 players play each match. (Decided by the captain.)
Captains choose who enters the lobby next once a player has lost all their lives.
Each player has 2 lives.
If a player loses a map, the player and his team will lose a life.
Map pools will become harder thorought the tournament.
Map pools will be chosen indepedently by a team of map pool creators, who are, of course, not allowed to participate.
The map pools are consisting of:
8 NoMod maps.
4 Hardrock maps.
4 Hidden maps.
4 Doubletime maps.
4 Freemod maps.
Each map can only be picked once per match. Freemod maps CAN but don't have to be played with a mod.

Match examples:

Player "A" loses 2 times in a row = He needs to leave the lobby.
Player "A" wins 1 match and loses 1 match. He can stay in the lobby until he loses his last life.
Player "A" wins a match, loses a match, and wins a match again. Player "B" needs to leave the lobby.
A new Player "B²" needs to join. Player "A" has still only 1 life left and the new Player "B²" has 2 lives.

The team captains have to choose their players by pming their referee.
The referee creates the room and invites the chosen players.
Substitutes are allowed to play, but only 3 players are allowed to play in the same match.
Each captain will !roll, whoever rolls the higher number will be given host to pick the first map.
The host will then be rotated between both players.
The game mode will be set to TeamVS.
There will be NO warm-up.
Failing a map results in a loss.
There is no tie-breaker.
The players are allowed to be exchanged by the team captains during the match.

Staff

Organizers: Katziezi xx-salkin-xx

Map pool creators: End-time doggywoof Thunderbolt235

Referees: Kyln19ma Arthrighteous

Streamers: Katziezi emuki Squilly

Commentators: emuki Squilly doggywoof Katziezi

(We are still looking for referees, everyone is allowed to apply as one, just pm a staff member)

Tournament schedule

First Map pool release: 3.8
Group stages: 5.8 - 7.8
The registrations will be closed on 1.8.

Registered Teams

Sqomorkly Kurover

Squilly
Tomoko Kuroki-
Spork Lover
Syph

XClickerZZ

Firebool
kkk
NeilPerry
Fanker
Avernus

xd

Artrighteous
Wuffles
Yahari

empire of the rising taeyang

Gogolo
HaruTachi-
Legless
Randomness

Potatoe Kings

waywern2012
xoho
Edijs
rihis123
Linins

why sipp when you can succ :)

-Neko
juliancala
- Ene Takane -
Miucs

Monstrata's Triangles

ParkourWizard
DraguinZZ
Raiho

Mexican Pride

Humbergas
Psycopath-
KevstracK
-Hebel-

Zekker is Legit

D4rkHeroBR
HueFlakes
Sickoh

This Time No Italy

Katziezi
Curse
_YuriNee

Make sure to follow our official stream!

Brackets

Link to the official brackets

Map pools

Map pool (Quarter Finals)

Prizes

Since we're running this tourney on a budget, the only prize will be 2 months supporter for every player of the winning team. Unless anyone would donate anything to make this a little more exciting, which would be much appreciated. Even if it's not much. You can donate here.

Thanks a lot to Duftende Pizza for the donation of 30 euros.

If you have any questions or are participating / a staff member, why not join our official Discord?
toon
deleted
_YuriNee
How will this mappool's star diff???
Spork Lover
Oh my, this seems interesting
Arakune_old_1
Anyone looking for a teammate? im rank 600~
Topic Starter
bratan

_YuriNee wrote:

How will this mappool's star diff???
The difficulty of the map pools will depend on the stage of the tournament + the choice of the map pool creators. For the group stage map pools the maps will be 5 star-ish.
Poncho

Arakune wrote:

Hi would you like to join my team "Boys Club" we are a bit underrated!
caned

Arakune wrote:

join my team the wolf pack
Topic Starter
bratan
Once again, due to a lack of participating teams, the tournament schedule has been delayed. For more information look at the original post.
HaruTachi-
would anyone be interested in letting me join their team? currently 1.2k c:
Shika
looking for a team pm
MyAngelSora
looking for a team, im rank 850 xD
pls pm me
[-Lockon-]

HaruTachi- wrote:

would anyone be interested in letting me join their team? currently 1.2k c:

Let's go :D?
HueFlakes
Would participate, but scorev2 is making me consider not. Even on Azer's dual cup when the players were asked to vote whether they wanted scorev1 or v2 , the dual cup staff still forced them to use scorev2 . And no statement was made to justify why scorev2 was used even though scorev1 won the poll by a very large margin (according to my memory , out of the 1K voters , 70% wanted v1 , and 30% stuck to v2). It feels as if the community is forcing it down our throats. Not telling you guys how to organize your tourney , nor criticising scorev2 , just saying some people might find their tournament experience more enjoyable . After all , the competition is about having fun , isn't it ?
Topic Starter
bratan

HueFlakes wrote:

Would participate, but scorev2 is making me consider not. Even on Azer's dual cup when the players were asked to vote whether they wanted scorev1 or v2 , the dual cup staff still forced them to use scorev2 . And no statement was made to justify why scorev2 was used even though scorev1 won the poll by a very large margin (according to my memory , out of the 1K voters , 70% wanted v1 , and 30% stuck to v2). It feels as if the community is forcing it down our throats. Not telling you guys how to organize your tourney , nor criticising scorev2 , just saying some people might find their tournament experience more enjoyable . After all , the competition is about having fun , isn't it ?

This tournament is being played with score system V2 and I pointed it out in the rules from the start, there is no fake poll like there was at the dual cup, which I participated btw. (and voted v1) so I didn't want this to happen to our tournament, cause I was pretty mad about that and yeah...it was just stupid and disappointing.

I felt the same way about V2 at first, but then realised it's actually a proper system for tournaments. Accuracy is the main focus in most rhythm games, and even though I'm not that much of an accurate player, I think accuracy should be rewarded, not only combo. Players like Ming would dominate the whole tournament, making it boring to watch and participate. Also, and that's the most important thing to me (which led us to the decision of choosing V2) is that V2 is ensuring that performance and consistency gets rewarded as it should. It's not perfect but definitely better than V1 in that aspect, because playing with V1 I could just get a huge combo and then basically nearly fail the rest of the map and would still win. I don't think that's a good winning condition, is it?

Anyways, we've decided to use V2 and we want it to stay that way. We do get that some people still prefer V1 (I used to as well) and respect that but won't use it for the tournament.
juliancala
i want to play ;w; does someone need 1 person? :c (message me if you want)
Topic Starter
bratan
Ok, the deadline has been reached, registrations are closed. We have a total of 12 10 teams and 48 38 (RIP The Immortals and uncompressed fury of a japanese doge) participants. We're also a bit understaffed so would be nice if you could ask your friends to referee for us. The brackets will be released tomorrow, I'll add the teams to the post thorought the day. Some of the games will be streamed. At the final stages of the tournament all games will be streamed. You can find our Twitch link in the official post. I'd also advise everyone participating to join the Discord to make eventual rescheduling easier for all of us. The map pool is done and will be released in about 24 hours. Looking forward to the tournament!