posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
p3n

Roddie wrote:

Everything should be all set now.

Rebubbled!

Thanks again Roddie! And of course sorry for beeing so elusive the last few days...I had to hunt WiFi hotspots at several airports to keep up with your mods :o

About the bitrate of the mp3 (for BAT checking this mapset):
Stuff about the bitrate
It is 192kbps VBR, encoded with LAME. The issue is that the overall bitrate is averaging out as 118kbps and therefore some programs/OS show this value. Here is (again) a screenshot made in Windows Vista 64 (Win7 will show 118kbps as tested on my netbook today):

I still have the original 320kbps file and the subjective quality (to me at least) is the same for the re-encoded file above compared to the original. I hope this will not be a problem. If it is I can replace the file with a 192kbps CBR encode (which will sound exactly the same at bigger filesize). When I explained this to several ppl (including Roddie) they seemed to be OK with keeping the file as is.
Kei
Wow this map is still pending? D: I remember when I modded it long time ago haha~

Go go! rank this already! :3
Raging Bull
Damn this is still here after 4 months?? D:
Charles445
It's encoded as 192? That's odd. EncSpot tells another story

Not sure what to say about that
Topic Starter
p3n
I just re-encoded it again as 192kbps VBR and also CBR with LAME to test something. The average bitrate shows 118kbps for the VBR encode AGAIN. However the file sounds a lot better than the 192kbps CBR LAME encode. I really don't know what is going on here.

If you want to compare the sound quality for yourself here is the 320kbps CBR uncut version: http://puu.sh/j1xZ

I understand the concerns with the bitrate but as far as I can tell the 192kbps VBR encode that averages out at 118 sounds pretty good compared to the original...so if you don't look at the numbers but listen to it then I think the file should pass.
selymsivad
I really really like the Drill Insane. I am waiting for this to be ranked. :) GOOD JOB.
California
how is this unranked :o
Xakyrie

oh hey, this is bubbled!

go rank go o/
Garven

-hys wrote:

...ranked...
Kei
Wow~ Finally! Congratulations :3!
Loctav
Fuck yeah!
Congrats p3n-dono to your first ranked! <3
DarkDunskin
It's not Christmas '13 though :/
Roddie
Oh goody. This map got ranked.

Congrats, p3n. :D
Andrea
The end trolled me for once xD

Nice map though :3
Kawayi Rika
Congrats p3n ~ ;)
Xakyrie

DarkDunskin wrote:

It's not Christmas '13 though :/
we moved into the future =v=

congrats p3n :3!
Tony
congrats man! :D
yeahyeahyeahhh
nice song
Topic Starter
p3n
wooo nice! thanks to all you guys who helped me improve this mapset over the past year :D
DeathxShinigami
Excellent mapset and lovely song.

:oops:
GamerX4life
Glückwunsch zur 1. Ranked Map! :)
Roddie
Great, I just remembered something. I forgot to mention in my mod post about adding sega in the tags.

*Sigh* Oh, well.
MoonShade

Und alles Gute für deinen weiteren Mapperweg :D
N A L U
Congratulation for being ranked!
I love all themes of Sonic Colors (´ ω `)+ Very Nice. d
Kanye West
Isn't it "Aquarium Park" and not "Aquatic Park"?
Roddie

kanye west wrote:

Isn't it "Aquarium Park" and not "Aquatic Park"?

p3n wrote:

In the european version the stage is called "Aquatic Park"
He could have added Aquarium Park in the tags but meh.
Topic Starter
p3n
Dem tags!!!!.....I promise amendment for any future maps I may unleash :(