Tomoya Ohtani - Aquatic Park Act1

posted
Total Posts
show more
Curisu
Sonic Colours.... :3

[Easy]
01:03:756 - remove clap?
01:07:014 (4) - the spacing is a little bit weird..
01:33:077 - finish and vol-10?
01:38:564 - ^
02:18:859 - +tick clap?
02:16:973 - finish and vol-10?

[Normal]
00:17:974 - +tick clap?
00:18:146 - ^
00:49:181 - remove tick clap?
01:14:730 - remove clap
02:32:405 - +whistle
02:33:434 - +finish?

[Hard]
00:46:266 - +tick clap
00:59:469 (1,2,3) - weird slider......
01:46:623 - remove clap?
02:09:085 - mute it.

[Taiko]
The source is different from others.

+star
Topic Starter
p3n

yangzd88 wrote:

Sonic Colours.... :3

[Easy]
01:03:756 - remove clap? yeah sounds better without
01:07:014 (4) - the spacing is a little bit weird.. now it's +0,01x!
01:33:077 - finish and vol-10? sounds weird to me since there is the clap already
01:38:564 - ^
02:18:859 - +tick clap? no, the claps should only be on 2/1 and 4/1 (+/- 1/2 depending on the drums in the song)
02:16:973 - finish and vol-10? again this doesn't sound right to me

[Normal]
00:17:974 - +tick clap? This is supposed to be a single clap like 00:12:144 - it's a exact repeat of this part
00:18:146 - ^ 00:18:489 - could be a clap but there is no note here :[
00:49:181 - remove tick clap? it is different from the other patterns but I think it fits well here
01:14:730 - remove clap fixed!
02:32:405 - +whistle I had it this way before but it sounds really weird
02:33:434 - +finish? yes :)

[Hard]
00:46:266 - +tick clap sounds off to me
00:59:469 (1,2,3) - weird slider...... but I like them...... :cry:
01:46:623 - remove clap? fits perfectly
02:09:085 - mute it. done!

[Taiko]
The source is different from others. fixed

+star
Thank you for your time and mod! I found some more missing claps in easy and normal, too ;)
Topic Starter
p3n
wthwtfbbq...
cacipan
8-)                           
Raging Bull
Uhhh I'm gonna come right out and say it but....Did anyone even check mp3? *facepalm* >_>
Your mp3 is 118 kpbs. Minimum is 128. Find a different mp3?

This isn't considered M4M yet. I didn't realize the time when I started. So (hopefully) expect more from me.

Edit: Oh ziin did. Eh I'm still unsure if you should leave it. I suppose it's better to get it done now than later. :L

General:
So yea Mp3. Probably best to change it and get rid of the problem now than checking a BAT and see if it's okay.
I don't like slider ticks having sounds :( If you think it should have a sound, place a hitcircle instead.

Easy:
01:07:014 (4,5,6) - This looks better. I don't think you need to move 7 if you move it to where the picture placed it.
01:09:243 (7) - The arch looks rather weird. Can you fix it?
Seems okay.

Normal:
01:21:760 (5) - Combo seems rather long. Maybe remove this note so it's slightly easier?
01:52:624 (1,1) - Note appears rather early after a spinner on normal. Remove the note?
01:58:111 (1,1) - ^
02:00:855 (1) - This could potentially be confusing. I suggest you make a different slider or find a way to make the path visible. Edit:Apparently it's unrankable.
02:10:800 - Really don't think this break is needed. Just remove it?

Hard:
00:18:317 (6) - This slider stands out after looking at normal :< Can you make it prettier?
00:44:037 (1,2) - I don't like how the overlaps are. Make 1 blanket 2?
00:45:409 (4,5) - ^ You could maybe move 5 to the bottom instead of to the side?
01:31:362 (3,5) - This could potentially be confusing. 3 looks like it starts the slider, but it's actually 5 that's the slider. Do a different pattern.
01:36:678 (3,5) - ^
01:47:652 (3,5) - ^
01:53:996 (9) - Maybe NC?
01:59:483 (9) - ^
02:20:059 (3,5) - The 3 and 5 confusing comment :L

That's all! Good map though pretty nice song too. Starred!

Here's my map. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23138
Topic Starter
p3n

Raging Bull wrote:

Uhhh I'm gonna come right out and say it but....Did anyone even check mp3? *facepalm* >_>
Your mp3 is 118 kpbs. Minimum is 128. Find a different mp3?

This isn't considered M4M yet. I didn't realize the time when I started. So (hopefully) expect more from me.

Edit: Oh ziin did. Eh I'm still unsure if you should leave it. I suppose it's better to get it done now than later. :L

General:
So yea Mp3. Probably best to change it and get rid of the problem now than checking a BAT and see if it's okay. Well I said it before but this mp3 is 192kbps VBR...the original was 320kbps and 192VBR LAME codec made it an average of 118kbps with peaks of 192kbps. If this is a problem I can reupload a 192 CBR file that sounds EXACTLY the same but is ~1MB larger.
I don't like slider ticks having sounds :( If you think it should have a sound, place a hitcircle instead. It was an experiment and I kinda like how it turned out especially in easy and normal to keep the feeling of the beat consistent. The hard has almost everything mapped and doesn't use much of the slider ticks.

Easy:
01:07:014 (4,5,6) - This looks better. I don't think you need to move 7 if you move it to where the picture placed it. done
01:09:243 (7) - The arch looks rather weird. Can you fix it? done
Seems okay. just realized this is pretty tough for an "easy" but hey...

Normal:
01:21:760 (5) - Combo seems rather long. Maybe remove this note so it's slightly easier? tried some different approaches but after all I think this is still OK for this more challenging normal
01:52:624 (1,1) - Note appears rather early after a spinner on normal. Remove the note? removed the spinner and replaced it with sliders matching the beat
01:58:111 (1,1) - ^ removed lazy spinner, remapped that part
02:00:855 (1) - This could potentially be confusing. I suggest you make a different slider or find a way to make the path visible. Edit:Apparently it's unrankable. oh mighty deathstar...It was nice to have him but I think it's time to let him go :cry: remapped
02:10:800 - Really don't think this break is needed. Just remove it? fixed

Hard:
00:18:317 (6) - This slider stands out after looking at normal :< Can you make it prettier? I hope I did...and I made it better gameplay-wise
00:44:037 (1,2) - I don't like how the overlaps are. Make 1 blanket 2? The overlaps are intended and as this map is rather old I think I'll leave it as is (and it is very much playable as proven before with 5 "random" ppl 99%+ FC-ing it first play ever)
00:45:409 (4,5) - ^ You could maybe move 5 to the bottom instead of to the side?
01:31:362 (3,5) - This could potentially be confusing. 3 looks like it starts the slider, but it's actually 5 that's the slider. Do a different pattern. again this pattern is rather intuitive as the approaching circles for (3) and (5) are visible long enough before (3) could be confused as the slider start
01:36:678 (3,5) - ^
01:47:652 (3,5) - ^
01:53:996 (9) - Maybe NC? confusing imo... the consistent combocolor helps alot with this challenging pattern
01:59:483 (9) - ^ same as above
02:20:059 (3,5) - The 3 and 5 confusing comment :L

That's all! Good map though pretty nice song too. Starred! thanks! much appreciated. I'm surprised this map still holds up as it was my first try at (ranking-)mapping :o

Here's my map. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23138
DarkDunskin
Lauf! Lauff! Gib nicht auf! Die Dönerbude hat noch auf!

Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
theMikeAG
I would die of joy if BOTH of our maps were ranked at the same time.

Oh, by the way, K.Star.
Vergence

Harlo~
Cube Easy
00:49:524 (1,2,3,4,5) - Maybe place them somewhere else? It may confuse beginners
01:58:111 (X) - Add a short break here

Laser Normal
Approach Rate -1
00:44:037 (1) - Put this under (2)
I love the sliders in here!

Drill Hard
00:32:035 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - (2,3,4) is too near to (1) and so rearrange (2,3,4) and (5,6,7,8,9,10)
01:48:562 (1,2) - Make these 2 notes nearer as they are only 1/4 apart
01:53:996 (9) - New combo
good map ~
starrrrrrrrrrrrr !

-Guest diff-
Hironobu Kageyama - Battle of Omega (Extreme)
Topic Starter
p3n

DragonSparta wrote:

Cube Easy
00:49:524 (1,2,3,4,5) - Maybe place them somewhere else? It may confuse beginners I don't see anything confusing there...no direct stacking, nothing hidden, no unexpected kicksliders and no clipping into the hpbar
01:58:111 (X) - Add a short break here hp drain is almost non-existant in this diff so no need for breaks between those parts imo

Laser Normal
Approach Rate -1 ok
00:44:037 (1) - Put this under (2) it is unter (2) in play-mode the position just prevents the stacking bug
I love the sliders in here!

Drill Hard
00:32:035 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - (2,3,4) is too near to (1) and so rearrange (2,3,4) and (5,6,7,8,9,10) fixed spacing...even if it was just by 0,02 :D
01:48:562 (1,2) - Make these 2 notes nearer as they are only 1/4 apart this is only for cosmetic reasons. these "jumps" are not played as such. the kickslider into slider combo doesn't require any jump movements by the player and the distance doesn't prevent correct reading as it won't be noticed without looking into the editor.
01:53:996 (9) - New combo no. even though the combo may be very long I think it is necessary to keep it in one combo to make this pattern more readable

Thank You for your time, mod and star :)
Card N'FoRcE
Oh man why didn't you ask around for thissssssss.

- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • You need an approachcircle. You can take the default one if you do not want to make a new one, but it's important that it fits the shape of the overlay/hitcircle.
    Might want to add a white or black sliderborder as well, since you have the complete hitcircle set. Add a "Sliderborder: 255,255,255" under [Colors] in every .osu difficulty file (You can open them with the notepad from the editor; replace every 255 with 0 for black).
    "Sonic Colors" in the tags is not needed due to it being in Source already. "PINGAS" is not related to this song, come on xD. I'd remove "Tails" as well unless this song is related to him in some way. Maybe add something about those character you used for the backgrounds?
    I believe that the custom sound you used is just a bit too low. I increased them by 2db, try and see if you like them better:
    Download: sounds.zip
    I was about to say that using some whistles in the chorus would have helped a lot, then i saw some of them at the end. Still, i believe they can be used a bit more, so i tried making some patterns for them, please have a look and see if you like them (in that case try something similiar for Hard and Easy as well :3):
    Download: Tomoya Ohtani - Aquatic Park Act 1 (p3n) [Laser Normal].osu
    EDIT: HEY, why is this on WIP? D:
- Cube Easy:
  1. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    00:29:977 (1) - remove this?
- Laser Normal:
  1. .Opinions: (Just some thoughts, I'd personally like if you follow them)
    Probably the sliders are a tiiiiiiny bit too fast, but absolutely nothing bad.
    00:30:320 (5) - amazing job at following the drumroll.
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    00:55:869 (5) - remove this?
    01:21:589 (4) - remove this (and move 5,6,7)?
- Drill Hard:
    HP Drain -1? 7 feels a bit high for this kind of map.
    00:32:035 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - the pattern feels slightly awkawrd due to a sudden spacing increase that is a bit misreadable. I suggest something like this:
    01:52:624 (1,3,5,7,9,11,13) - doublecheck this stack please (see test mod to know what i mean).
- Dunskin's Taiko Oni:
    Seems fine.
EDIT: i forgot to say this: If you want to discus something or ask for a recheck after fixing, please ask me in game or send a forum PM.

Topic Starter
p3n

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Oh man why didn't you ask around for thissssssss. I didn't want to annoy you ppl :o

- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • You need an approachcircle. You can take the default one if you do not want to make a new one, but it's important that it fits the shape of the overlay/hitcircle.
    of course...makes perfect sense now that you mention it! done!

Might want to add a white or black sliderborder as well, since you have the complete hitcircle set. Add a "Sliderborder: 255,255,255" under [Colors] in every .osu difficulty file (You can open them with the notepad from the editor; replace every 255 with 0 for black). done, set to white as it is the one intended.

"Sonic Colors" in the tags is not needed due to it being in Source already. the source is colours - ppl in the US might argue it is the "wrong" way to spell it...thats why I included the american spelling and I would like to keep it that way.

"PINGAS" is not related to this song, come on xD. I'd remove "Tails" as well unless this song is related to him in some way. Maybe add something about those character you used for the backgrounds? ok ok you got me there :P added the used whisp-powers instead

I believe that the custom sound you used is just a bit too low. I increased them by 2db, try and see if you like them better:sounds.zip
    that is just awesome! It sure sounds alot better now....the hitsounds used to be a bit faint but now they are just right! thank you!

I was about to say that using some whistles in the chorus would have helped a lot, then i saw some of them at the end. Still, i believe they can be used a bit more, so i tried making some patterns for them, please have a look and see if you like them (in that case try something similiar for Hard and Easy as well :3)
    tbh I'm not exactly a fan of whistles and they are very hard to use as they can destroy all other hitsounds imo. They can be pretty cool depending on the song/music. I tried to at least use some whistles and the pattern you suggest surely fits and supports the melody but it is a bit over the top for my taste. Easy and normal do have some whistles but hard doesn't (used to have 3(!) whistles @01:13:187 (1,2,3) but I changed that long ago. I don't know but I guess it would be better to include some whistles in hard, too. For now I restored those whistles in hard and at least every diff now uses "some" of them.

EDIT: HEY, why is this on WIP? D: I have no idea why, it sure was in pending for the last ~6 months....fixed :cry:

- Cube Easy:
  1. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    00:29:977 (1) - remove this? yes! Now that it is gone it feels much better with DT/HR/HD...and it didn't make much sense to use it before the downbeat anyway...

- Laser Normal:
    Probably the sliders are a tiiiiiiny bit too fast, but absolutely nothing bad. they ARE fast...dem lazerzzz
    00:30:320 (5) - amazing job at following the drumroll. thank you :)
    00:55:869 (5) - remove this? yup, flow is more consinstent in this part now
    01:21:589 (4) - remove this (and move 5,6,7)? I know and understand the various reasons why it could be better to make this part "easier" or less 1/2-heavy or less "streamy". I do however think every map needs it's "corners" and "rough edges" and something ppl of the respective diff-target-group may consider challenging. There it is: embedded 6note-1/2-stream followed by a linked slider-barrage (I make up words here but meh...) in short: If it doesn't break the flow and isn't mis-timed I'd rather keep this part as is.
- Drill Hard:
    HP Drain -1? 7 feels a bit high for this kind of map. it shouldn't be too hard to SS so it never occured to me as relevant. good point though. changed.
    00:32:035 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - the pattern feels slightly awkawrd due to a sudden spacing increase that is a bit misreadable. I suggest something like this: fixed to 0,8x into 1,0x into 1,6x (looks almost exactly as what you did in the screenshot, should be more readable und less awkward now

01:52:624 (1,3,5,7,9,11,13) - doublecheck this stack please (see test mod to know what i mean). aww man...obvious mapping fail is obvious! fixed! (rearranged outer circle to follow the stacking, rearranged the starting and ending slider of the pattern to match the distance snap in playmode, fixed spacing to following combo) thanks for pointing it out!
- Dunskin's Taiko Oni:
    Seems fine.
EDIT: i forgot to say this: If you want to discus something or ask for a recheck after fixing, please ask me in game or send a forum PM.

Amazing mod. I hope the upload was ok - will double check everything tomorrow after work. Thanks alot for your time, mod and star(s)!!! This was by far the most helpful mod in the past few months!
Card N'FoRcE
(ノ ̄∇ ̄)ノ 彡
Aleks719
Hello

Some general stuff :
  1. files with name default-0, default-1 , etc - it's a numbers on your notes/sliders.
    But you also have default-percent and default-x, default-comma, default-dot. This files are totally useless. Remove them. + Full submit
  2. Since you'll need in full submit, you can remove unused *.osb too.
  3. Since you have "Sonic" word in source, you could didn't add this word in tags. Remove "sonic" from the tags in all diffs please
Drill Hard
01:26:904 - this break is too short :S Remove it?

Cube Easy
00:19:689 (6) - add nc?
00:51:925 (4) - ^
00:59:812 (5) - ^
01:08:043 (5) - ^ It was nazi, yes. but imo combos in easy must be no longer than 5 or 6, also there is inconsistency in combos here.
Topic Starter
p3n

Aleks719 wrote:

Hello

Some general stuff :
  1. files with name default-0, default-1 , etc - it's a numbers on your notes/sliders.
    But you also have default-percent and default-x, default-comma, default-dot. This files are totally useless. Remove them. + Full submit ummm you know these are used for score and combo display if you don't use a custom skin? looks really weird to have black score and combo numbers with white "x , ." unless you use any customs these should either be used or reverted to all-white. Anyway it looks fugly if I remove those files on my netbook...
  2. Since you'll need in full submit, you can remove unused *.osb too. please read: .osb for dummys
  3. Since you have "Sonic" word in source, you could didn't add this word in tags. Remove "sonic" from the tags in all diffs please somehow valid point but it looks much better to have the complete american-english name of the game in the tags instead of random "colors" - dunno if it will cause any famines, tsunamis or even earthquakes if I leave it as is...
Drill Hard
01:26:904 - this break is too short :S Remove it? see the circle-jump pattern before the break? Imagine less-than-pr0-players failing because of the (still somewhat) high hp-drain inside the break after this pattern. I guess it is "fair" to freeze the hp-bar and make it less punishing

Cube Easy
01:08:043 (5) - ^ It was nazi, yes. but imo combos in easy must be no longer than 5 or 6, also there is inconsistency in combos here. hmm I tried to rearrange the combos in easy but they do make the most sense from a players perspective the way they cut the noticable melody-parts right now...at least for me :o

I know you are a very good modder and it was no bad intention at all...but the .osb file and some new combos you might think should be changed (subjective) are no unrankable errors imo. I'll make the .osb change and maybe even the NC change if the map cannot be ranked otherwise (I'm still confident here).
Aleks719

p3n wrote:

Aleks719 wrote:

Some general stuff :
  1. files with name default-0, default-1 , etc <...>
    ummm you know these are used for score and combo display if you don't use a custom skin? looks really weird to have black score and combo numbers with white "x , ." unless you use any customs these should either be used or reverted to all-white. Anyway it looks fugly if I remove those files on my netbook...
    you are mistaken, do you know? Images for combo and score(also x , . %) : score-1, score-2, ..., score-x etc. You don't have it, anyway.
    Example : I don't use skinned elements for combos and my combo and score(dot,comma,digits) - white, as defailt images.
  2. <...> you can remove unused *.osb too. please read: .osb for dummys
    I insist on full submit, because your images (pointed in previous suggestion) useless. I read this thread earlier, but my point: it's no need when you must make full submit only for osb. But if you will make FS anyway, why you can't remove osb too?
Cube Easy
01:08:043 (5) - ^ It was nazi, yes. but imo combos in easy must be no longer than 5 or 6, also there is inconsistency in combos here. hmm I tried to rearrange the combos in easy but they do make the most sense from a players perspective the way they cut the noticable melody-parts right now...at least for me :o

<...> are no unrankable errors imo. <...>
I didn't say it's unrankable. Main thing in mod are images, not combos and osb
Topic Starter
p3n
OK I asked 4 ppl to send me screens and none of them had the same problem as I still have when deleting the default-x,. files. I'll look into it again later today after work. It is possibly linked to some low-spec settings or who knows what. And yes, IF I do the full submit I will delete the .osb ;)
Aleks719
Card N'FoRcE
It has been recently discovered that if you don't put the full name correctly in tags, the map won't show if you search it in-game.
So he needs to have the whole "Sonic Colors" in tags.

About the default-x stuff, Aleks is right (I didn't notice because i only checked if the full set of elements was there but i forgot about those being useless unless you add a skin.ini instruction).
Removing the .osb is useless because the editor will make another one anyway.

I'll be glad to rebubble after the full submission/fixes, just tell me when you're done.

EDIT: rebubbled
James2250
-I talked about it with Derek for a while and using silent slider ticks for at least half of the map isn't really a good idea as it breaks the flow of the map with the song. If you don't like the sound of the default slider tick try and find an audible custom one that fits more
-It looks like the default comma is still in the folder?

Easy:
00:31:692 (3) - I wouldn't recommend this for an Easy, repeating short sliders can confuse beginners
00:48:152 (5,1) - spread these out more if possible
01:48:852 (3) - again, not the best idea for an Easy difficulty

Laser Normal:
-Getting too hard for a Normal at the moment (and has a very high slider velocity) I recommend you turn that down and try to make it a bit more beginner friendly overall
-Would be a good idea to go on Opengl for a while and try and improve all of the slider shapes so players can read them correctly
00:30:320 (5) - sliders like this could use some improvement to help make them more readable (especially on Opengl) http://puu.sh/5NRR
00:44:037 (1,2,3) - stack these?
01:21:417 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - try and make stuff like this easier
01:48:509 (3) - same slider comment http://puu.sh/5NRZ

Dunskin's Taiko Oni:
Looks good

Drill Hard:
-Has a pretty nice flow to it but it would help if patterns could be spread out more to avoid all of the overlaps that happen around the map
00:44:037 (1,2) - I see a lot of slider/overlapping notes like this. They aren't unrankable but they don't look too nice while playing in my opinion. Maybe get a few more peoples opinions on them as well
00:59:469 (1,2,3,4,5) - not the most organized pattern
01:27:247 - the break really isn't needed and looks bad when playing
01:49:538 (4,1) - space these out more

Not too bad but the entire mapset could use some fine tuning before it gets approved, call me back after fixes (and maybe a few more mods?) and I will rebubble
Topic Starter
p3n

James2250 wrote:

-I talked about it with Derek for a while and using silent slider ticks for at least half of the map isn't really a good idea as it breaks the flow of the map with the song. If you don't like the sound of the default slider tick try and find an audible custom one that fits more I recall a discussion on this topic that ended in "not completely silenced ticks and slides" but that was more than 7 months ago. Will look for a low-volume less disturbing sample :cry:
-It looks like the default comma is still in the folder? umm should be gone after full submit today

Easy:
00:31:692 (3) - I wouldn't recommend this for an Easy, repeating short sliders can confuse beginners kicksliders replaced
00:48:152 (5,1) - spread these out more if possible not a real spacing issue imo (and I do bitch and nazi about spacing all the time) but a ~1,5s gap with 1,0x spacing makes the notes seem a bit lost...
01:48:852 (3) - again, not the best idea for an Easy difficulty changed

Laser Normal:
-Getting too hard for a Normal at the moment (and has a very high slider velocity) I recommend you turn that down and try to make it a bit more beginner friendly overall the SV and everything else was intended to fit the mapping theme of the "laser-whisp" (yeah I know nobody gets what I tried with the different themes and overall styles but meh). The star rating went up after a patch this summer from 3,8 to 4,3 by deleting some notes and adding breaks. If you think it is necessary to change the fundamentals and streamline it I'll do and rebuild the whole thing from scratch :o
-Would be a good idea to go on Opengl for a while and try and improve all of the slider shapes so players can read them correctly my netbook needs opengl to run osu! anyway but my sliders look different from yours somehow
00:30:320 (5) - sliders like this could use some improvement to help make them more readable (especially on Opengl) http://puu.sh/5NRR
00:44:037 (1,2,3) - stack these? they are stacked correctly in play (and test) mode :evil:
01:21:417 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - try and make stuff like this easier makes me sad but if I have do rebuild everything I might as well use something different here
01:48:509 (3) - same slider comment http://puu.sh/5NRZ

Dunskin's Taiko Oni:
Looks good

Drill Hard:
-Has a pretty nice flow to it but it would help if patterns could be spread out more to avoid all of the overlaps that happen around the map
00:44:037 (1,2) - I see a lot of slider/overlapping notes like this. They aren't unrankable but they don't look too nice while playing in my opinion. Maybe get a few more peoples opinions on them as well well what should I do? You wont see anything else than negative comments about this as ppl who like how this map plays (because of the correctly spaced and therefore a bit overlapping patterns) usually don't complain and I had plenty of "test subjects" to abuse for playability tests. Maybe I'll ask them to pointlessly flood this thread with praise? The original patterns were definetely unrankable and had massive overlaps. The actual version still plays a bit like the intended movement patterns but doesn't compromise readability imo. I know it is hard to get something unusual or even experiemental ranked these days.
00:59:469 (1,2,3,4,5) - not the most organized pattern spreading it a bit
01:27:247 - the break really isn't needed and looks bad when playing what the...I'm 99,9% sure I deleted this break a few weeks ago in one of the recent mods
01:49:538 (4,1) - space these out more maybe it's just me but I don't think a jump fits here...leaving it at normal spacing

Not too bad but the entire mapset could use some fine tuning before it gets approved, call me back after fixes (and maybe a few more mods?) and I will rebubble
Working on the normal as soon as I get my new PC...using a netbook to actually map is a pain. Submitting after all changes are applied.
Card N'FoRcE
I actually believe that using the sliderticks how they were used in here should not be considered as "silencing" even if some of them are actually silenced.
Having them silenced was needed to achieve those hitsounds patterns that flow really really well.

I guess you can achieve the same thing by using another sound instead of silencing them, but it must use a very low volume to behave as intended from the start.
DarkDunskin
Taiko Update:
- decreased Max. Combo to 999, 1003 was an ugly number anyways.
- Changed Settings a bit, more friendly OD and so on.

Download: Tomoya Ohtani - Aquatic Park Act 1 (p3n) [Dunskin's Taiko Oni].osu

Your mother is too short.
Topic Starter
p3n
still alive :oops:

Internet working again so I'll get back to this as soon as possible.

EDIT (10/26):

Used most of James2250's suggestions but after using a low-profile custom tick at low volumes I found this to be complete nonsense. It changes absolutely nothing. Unless you turn up the hitsound volume to 200% and play at very high overall volume levels with a headset you wouldn't even notice these ticks. Even the standard-ticks @15% volume are completely lost in the beat and not distinguishable.

I did change the "mute" file to a low volume file anyway

Changed the map-names to prevent any further philosophical discussions about what is "hard" and what is "challenging normal".
fartownik

General:

1. I've checked it through and I'm pretty sure the title should be "Aquarium Park Act 1". Change it on all difficulties and do the full submission.

[Drill Insane]

More than 3/4 of your Finish hitsounds is not really necessary. It'd be nice if you decrease their amount.

01:53:996 (9) - New combo?
01:59:483 (9) - ^
02:24:860 (5,6) - Delete the last repeat and place a note there instead (like you did here for example: 02:16:287 (6,7)?
01:50:567 (1) - Repeat hidden under a hitburst. Replace.

[Laser Hard]

Wow, this map is pretty unique. That's what you call a proper use of slidertick sounds!
02:25:546 (1,2) - Add whistle?

[Cube Easy]

Finish spamming is the only thing I can point out in this diff. Just fix it as in Insane.
Pretty nice.

Lovely song, pretty good map.
Topic Starter
p3n

fartownik wrote:

General:

1. I've checked it through and I'm pretty sure the title should be "Aquarium Park Act 1". Change it on all difficulties and do the full submission.
In the european version the stage is called "Aquatic Park". Dunno if the iTunes version is listing it as "Aquarium Park" or not but I'll stick to the name it has on the CD itself.

[Drill Insane]

More than 3/4 of your Finish hitsounds is not really necessary. It'd be nice if you decrease their amount.
done...took out ~15 finishes

01:53:996 (9) - New combo? pattern is very challenging to play and the long combo helps making it more readable
01:59:483 (9) - ^ same here - readability > short combos
02:24:860 (5,6) - Delete the last repeat and place a note there instead (like you did here for example: 02:16:287 (6,7)? excellent...done!
01:50:567 (1) - Repeat hidden under a hitburst. Replace. my bad. fixed

[Laser Hard]

Wow, this map is pretty unique. That's what you call a proper use of slidertick sounds!
02:25:546 (1,2) - Add whistle? added whistle to sound the same as in the 1/1 sliders for the same part of music before and after this

[Cube Easy]

Finish spamming is the only thing I can point out in this diff. Just fix it as in Insane.
Pretty nice. done

Lovely song, pretty good map.

Thanks for modding this :oops:
Musty
Let's mod \:D/

[Drill Insane]

00:23:804 (9) - I think you can make it more esthetic. :/
00:44:037 (1,2) - Why the (2) is behind the (1)? :S This is not awful..
00:45:409 (4,5) - ^
00:47:810 (4) - make this moar like a circle
01:02:213 (1,2) - same for 00:44:037 (1,2) -
01:10:443 (1,2,3) - Looks better : http://puu.sh/aXgv
01:12:844 (6,1) - I'm not fan of this pattern.. :{
01:32:391 (6,7) - Strange spacing, confusing
01:37:878 (6,7) - ^
01:40:965 (5,6) - ^
01:48:852 (1,2,3) - ^
01:52:281 (5,1) - Make the (1) not behind the (5)?
01:59:312 (8) - New Combo?
02:16:287 (6,7) - Same as 01:32:391 -
02:21:774 (6,7) - ^
02:24:174 (2,3,4) - imo the spacing looks confusing, btw just an opinion
02:33:777 (1) - Put that note here : http://puu.sh/aXin

[Taiko]

Settings looks better like this : http://puu.sh/aXiM
(CS doesn't matter)

Nice taiko, i'd fun to play it :D

[Laser Hard]

WTF WHAT ARE THESE SLIDERS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG *favorite*

00:58:269 (5) - Only this one i don't like
01:00:498 (3) - New Combo
01:43:022 (5) - This one isn't good too
02:15:944 (3) - ^
02:26:918 (4) - ^
02:32:405 (3) - ^
02:33:605 (4,5) - Don't overlap these?

[Cube Easy]

00:24:833 (1) - Remove NC?
01:10:786 (1,2,3) - I think it's confusing for beginners
01:14:216 (1) - Remove NC?
02:28:290 (1) - Remove Clap at the end of the slider

Awesome HS i like the map

i deserve a star ;)
Topic Starter
p3n

Mustaash wrote:

Let's mod \:D/

[Drill Insane]

00:23:804 (9) - I think you can make it more esthetic. :/ but...it is...somehow
00:44:037 (1,2) - Why the (2) is behind the (1)? :S This is not awful.. that's what it is supposed to be...the specific movement can only be achieved by (partly) overlapping the circles following the sliders
00:45:409 (4,5) - ^
00:47:810 (4) - make this moar like a circle kay
01:02:213 (1,2) - same for 00:44:037 (1,2) - like said before it is intended to achieve the zig-zag movement :(
01:10:443 (1,2,3) - Looks better : http://puu.sh/aXgv aye!
01:12:844 (6,1) - I'm not fan of this pattern.. :{ whyyyy it plays "ok"
01:32:391 (6,7) - Strange spacing, confusing is it? I changed this long long ago because someone mentioned it should be more spaced out to be readable and such
01:37:878 (6,7) - ^
01:40:965 (5,6) - ^
01:48:852 (1,2,3) - ^
01:52:281 (5,1) - Make the (1) not behind the (5)? hitburst should not block the (5) so I like to keep it as is
01:59:312 (8) - New Combo? I want to keep the complete pattern in one combo as it is...basically...one combo
02:16:287 (6,7) - Same as 01:32:391 -
02:21:774 (6,7) - ^
02:24:174 (2,3,4) - imo the spacing looks confusing, btw just an opinion changed a bit
02:33:777 (1) - Put that note here : http://puu.sh/aXin I'll think about it

[Taiko]

Settings looks better like this : http://puu.sh/aXiM
(CS doesn't matter)

Nice taiko, i'd fun to play it :D

[Laser Hard]

WTF WHAT ARE THESE SLIDERS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG *favorite*

00:58:269 (5) - Only this one i don't like
01:00:498 (3) - New Combo ok
01:43:022 (5) - This one isn't good too
02:15:944 (3) - ^
02:26:918 (4) - ^
02:32:405 (3) - ^ the sliders should be better as I changed the circle size back to what it used to be
02:33:605 (4,5) - Don't overlap these? yup

[Cube Easy]

00:24:833 (1) - Remove NC? no...it fits and is used like this throughout the map
01:10:786 (1,2,3) - I think it's confusing for beginners I did come up with something different
01:14:216 (1) - Remove NC? can't see why
02:28:290 (1) - Remove Clap at the end of the slider oops

Awesome HS i like the map

i deserve a star ;) yes you do :P
Thanks a lot for your mod Musty!
Katsuri
The bitrate of your mp3 file is 118kb/s, and is lower than the minimum allowed 128kb/s. Re-encoded the mp3 for, and you can download it here.
Topic Starter
p3n

Katsuri wrote:

The bitrate of your mp3 file is 118kb/s, and is lower than the minimum allowed 128kb/s. Re-encoded the mp3 for, and you can download it here.
This was discussed before. The mp3 is a 192kbps VBR encode...done by me with LAME encoder. Some programs that don't actually support VBRs will just show you the average kbps over the whole file. I wont re-encode the original 320 kbps CBR file to 192 kbps CBR because there would be absolutely no gain in terms of quality (just in filesize) compared to the 192 kbps VBR file now.

Xakyrie
hey there, requested mod from someone you know very well ;P

aw man, this hasn't been modded in ages! Well then, I'm glad to offer you this mod! and to the requester, I'm sorry it took so long ><

orz it was popped = = well I hope it's possible to get it back soon! so lets start.

General.
  1. seems fine to me here.

Cube Easy
song setup
  1. no problems.

note arrangement
  1. you might want to use grid level 3 to rearrange all this, spacing could prove inconsistent if you use grid level 1 or 2 ><
  2. 00:14:202 (2) - eh, maybe a nono. try extending the slider, removing the repeat and arranging them according to distance snap, you know, the usual.
  3. 00:26:890 (4) - I think the small repeats should be kept to a minimum; previous repeat slider fit and can't really be fixed and it looks so nice... for this, try something like this?
  4. 00:27:576 (1) - is it possible to extend this two white ticks forward? 00:30:320 (1) is awfully close to the center of the spinner as it is so it shouldn't be a problem I'd hope.
  5. 00:30:320 (1) - fix blanket maybe?
  6. 00:31:349 (2,3,4,5) - o.o
  7. 00:50:553 (2) - don't want to stack this on 00:48:152 (5) D: ?
  8. 00:56:383 (5) - it sounds better if you remove this :v
  9. 01:03:242 (3) - want to make this a bit more curvy? try adding a red point in the middle of the points.
  10. 01:04:613 (5) - same for this. it's because for easies, you should try to avoid adding notes where there is no real need for any.
  11. 01:29:305 (3,4) - musically speaking, you should be removing the extra repeat and note here. you could extend (3) if you wanted to.
  12. 01:30:676 (5) - haha cube's eyes make the slider look trippy owo
  13. 01:34:792 (4,5) - as well here. It sounds fine though, just a suggestion to keep this from being overmapped as an easy.
  14. 01:36:163 (1) - so cool! o:
  15. 01:40:965 (4,5) - orz same thing
  16. 01:43:365 (3,4,1,2,3) - stacking all this might be a bit confusing to beginner players...I suggest removing (3,4).
  17. 01:45:423 (4) - fix blanketing?
  18. 01:46:452 (5) - sorta unnecessary to have
  19. 01:48:852 (3,4) - repeats don't feel right here. you could either
    a: just remove the repeats from the slider or
    b: extend the sliders so they are the same length as they were with the repeats and readjust.
  20. 02:07:885 (1,2,3) - even with the new combo, this might throw people off considering the previous combos like this aren't timed the same. consider rearranging it elsewhere :P
  21. 02:14:915 (2) - same as earlier suggestion for this section. copy paster! baka ><
  22. 02:25:546 (1) - \:D/
  23. 02:27:604 (4) - maybe just lengthen the slider instead of using a repeat D: ?
  24. 02:29:661 (3) - you should probably remove the repeat here x.x

hitsounding
  1. I don't even need to go through it, the hitsounds are awesome! though definitely keep the hitsounds on low volume even if you can't tell they're there :3

volume points
  1. no issues, you did a lovely job with the whole thing.

new combos
  1. 00:24:833 (1) - to be consistent, remove new combo.
  2. 00:59:812 (5) - new combo.
  3. 01:08:043 (5) - new combo.
  4. 01:13:530 (4) - new combo.
  5. 01:14:216 (1) - remove new combo.
  6. 01:30:676 (5) - new combo.
  7. 02:25:546 (1) - remove new combo.

comments

lovely easy, it's so calm and enjoyable. ^^

Laser Hard
song setup
  1. seems okay to me.

note arrangement
  1. 00:44:037 (1,2) - why you not stacked D:<
  2. 00:46:781 (5) - this sounds a bit strange if it doesn't end on the previous red tick... consider trying something new here.
  3. 00:48:152 (7) - I'm being the devil's advocate here but really, the blanket isn't perfect D: try fixing this around >< If you don't believe me, here look x.x
  4. 00:52:268 (4) - same as before.
  5. 01:03:756 (4,5,6) - this is a good sounding pattern, try adding this kind of pattern elsewhere, otherwise remove it because it's literally like the only one of its kind in this map.
  6. 01:19:017 (3) - you could turn this into 3 notes D: make it a bit more hard and interesting.
  7. 01:22:446 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - again, this is the kind of thing you should try repeating in your map! (of course, rearranging it too not just copy/paste)
  8. 01:25:190 (1,2) - this is a little hard to read D: try something like this:
  9. 01:30:676 (1,2) - add a note in-between.
  10. 01:36:163 (1,2) - ^
  11. 01:38:907 (1,2,3,4) - try something more creative, maybe this?
  12. 01:47:137 (1,2) - add a note in-between.
  13. 01:52:624 (1,2) - so plain >< try something like this:
  14. 02:03:598 - add a note? o.o
  15. 02:04:970 - ^
  16. 02:11:152 - 02:11:486 - add a slider or something, it would work well here.
  17. 02:14:229 - add a note.
  18. 02:20:059 (1,2) - note in-between? ;w;
  19. 02:22:803 (1,2,3,4) - same suggestion as before.

hitsounding
  1. 00:11:115 (1) - you forgot a clap on here D:
  2. 00:48:152 (7) - finish on the end doesn't really fit :v
  3. 01:04:442 (5) - clap.
  4. 01:23:132 (3) - clap on the end.
  5. 01:24:504 (3) - ^
  6. 01:25:875 (2,3) - clap on the last two ends (last repeat and end of slider), and remove clap on (3).
  7. 01:44:394 (1) - add clap on 3rd repeat.
  8. 01:58:111 (1,2,3,4) - claps on all ends.
  9. 02:03:255 (4) - clap on end.
  10. 02:03:941 (1) - clap.
  11. 02:04:627 (3) - clap on end.
  12. 02:05:999 (3) - clap on end D: ?
  13. 02:06:342 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - clap on ends of all (2)s and (4)s?
  14. 02:09:085 (1) - clap or no o:
  15. 02:29:318 (2) - clap on 3rd repeat?

volume points
  1. 01:23:818 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this whole section could use a lower volume, due to the music.
  2. this is really general, I don't want to drown you with a huge mod. for example, sections like 01:52:624 (1,2) - could use lower volume and softer hitsounds to add for a better effect when playing.

new combos
  1. 00:56:040 (1) - remove new combo.
  2. 00:57:069 (5) - new combo.
  3. 00:59:812 (5) - new combo.
  4. 01:00:498 (1) - remove new combo.
  5. 01:10:100 (1) - remove new combo.
  6. 01:10:443 (5) - new combo.
  7. 01:12:844 (1) - remove new combo, new combo on 01:13:187 (2).
  8. 01:52:624 (1) - remove new combo.
  9. 01:55:711 (1) - remove new combo.
  10. 01:58:111 (1) - remove new combo.
  11. 02:03:941 (1) - remove new combo.

comments

I'd say this diff is a bit strange... a lot of long sliders that make it less like a hard and too many extended repeat sliders. Try changing it up a bit with patterns like I had pointed out or adding more notes here and there.

Drill Insane
song setup
  1. HP Drain +1?

note arrangement
  1. 00:31:692 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - try this maybe o: just a suggestion~
  2. 01:18:159 - you should fill this in with a jump or a note somewhere, it would sound better :v
  3. 01:19:703 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - try doubling the first spinner, and moving the first set of (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) back to where the second spinner is and delete it. Rearrange if need be.
  4. 01:30:162 (8) - maybe make this a bit more curvy D: ?
  5. 01:32:391 (6,7,8) - I love the sound of this! it's a good pattern to use.
  6. 01:35:649 (8) - curve curve
  7. 01:40:965 (5,6) - spacing here is kind of a throw-off even at this level x.x
  8. 01:48:852 (1,2,3) - spacing
  9. 02:03:255 (8) - two notes after this (on the blue and white ticks) would sound good.
  10. 02:16:287 (6) - spacing
  11. 02:19:545 (8) - curvy curve x.x
  12. 02:21:774 (6) - dat spacing orz
  13. 02:24:860 (5) - same thing :c
  14. 02:30:005 (7,8) - add a note in-between and one on the red tick after (8).
  15. 02:32:748 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - ♥

hitsounding
  1. 00:11:630 (2) - clap.
  2. 00:12:144 (4) - remove clap and add at the beginning.
  3. 00:12:659 (5,6) - claps on both.
  4. 00:13:173 (7) - remove clap on the end?
  5. 00:18:317 (6) - claps on the ends D: ?
  6. 00:23:290 (6) - add a clap.
  7. 00:23:633 (8) - remove clap.
  8. 00:49:181 (3) - clap on repeat.
  9. 00:50:553 (3) - ^
  10. 01:13:187 (1,2,3) - I don't think the whistles here fit @_@
  11. 01:32:734 (7) - clap at beginning.
  12. 01:38:221 (7) - ^
  13. 02:05:999 (4) - clap on end.

volume points
  1. I'm just going to suggest what I did to the previous diffs for this sound wise. Other than that, it's great.

new combos
  1. 00:48:495 (1) - remove new combo.
  2. 00:51:239 (1) - remove new combo.
  3. 00:51:925 (8) - new combo.
  4. 00:53:639 (1) - remove new combo.
  5. 00:54:325 (6) - new combo?
  6. 00:55:011 (1) - remove new combo?
  7. 00:56:383 (1) - remove new combo.
  8. 00:57:069 (8) - new combo.
  9. 01:01:355 (1) - remove new combo.
  10. 01:06:842 (1) - ^
  11. 01:09:243 (1) - ^
  12. 01:11:986 (1) - ^
  13. 01:14:216 (1) - ^
  14. 01:39:936 (1) - ^

comments

A bit spinner happy I see o.o. I find it weird how some of your sliders are perfectly made (even and perfectly shaped) while some look like they're just thrown on there to get it done faster D: plus there are a lot of overlaps of sliders and notes that aren't very pretty that could use fixing but if you like it, I'm not gonna tell you you can't have it on there xD otherwise, this was fun c:

DarkDunSkin's Taiko Oni
none of this bs! modding this taiko is a disgrace :c
DarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkin--

good luck with this mapset! ^^
Topic Starter
p3n
Mother of ModPosts

xcherry wrote:

aw man, this hasn't been modded in ages! Well then, I'm glad to offer you this mod! and to the requester, I'm sorry it took so long ><

orz it was popped = = well I hope it's possible to get it back soon! so lets start. Ah I'm not in a hurry here ;) since this has been in pending for more than a year now...

General.

Cube Easy
song setup
  1. no problems.

note arrangement
  1. you might want to use grid level 3 to rearrange all this, spacing could prove inconsistent if you use grid level 1 or 2 >< I don't use grid-snapping at all when arranging the notefollows. I only use it for symmetrical patterns and for slider creation before moving them into place without grid snap ^^
  2. 00:14:202 (2) - eh, maybe a nono. try extending the slider, removing the repeat and arranging them according to distance snap, you know, the usual. I don't think 1x repeat sliders are a complete no-go for "easy" diffs but I'll try to reduce them a bit to reduce the star rating
  3. 00:26:890 (4) - I think the small repeats should be kept to a minimum; previous repeat slider fit and can't really be fixed and it looks so nice... for this, try something like this? great idea, made it exactly like this!
  4. 00:27:576 (1) - is it possible to extend this two white ticks forward? 00:30:320 (1) is awfully close to the center of the spinner as it is so it shouldn't be a problem I'd hope. yeah it's either the white tick it is on now or the one you mentioned. I'll leave it on the tick it is now as I think beginners really do need some time to recover from spinners. I know tons of ppl who spin like mad in HUGE circles so they tend to end spinners as soon as they pass them to use the remaining time to relocate the cursor. I don't think this should be the way in easy maps.
  5. 00:30:320 (1) - fix blanket maybe? aye! fixed!
  6. 00:31:349 (2,3,4,5) - o.o img ahhhhh I want to keep those repeat sliders here :(
  7. 00:50:553 (2) - don't want to stack this on 00:48:152 (5) D: ? sure why not, even though you could never tell while playing it
  8. 00:56:383 (5) - it sounds better if you remove this :v ok
  9. 01:03:242 (3) - want to make this a bit more curvy? try adding a red point in the middle of the points. fixed the shape a bit, but without a red point as it made the slider a bit too short
  10. 01:04:613 (5) - same for this. it's because for easies, you should try to avoid adding notes where there is no real need for any. I think this one is ok as the base changes with the chord and it is kind of dominant (for me at least)
  11. 01:29:305 (3,4) - musically speaking, you should be removing the extra repeat and note here. you could extend (3) if you wanted to. I tried this but personally I think it is a bit easier to just go with the rhythm here.
  13. 01:34:792 (4,5) - as well here. It sounds fine though, just a suggestion to keep this from being overmapped as an easy.
  14. 01:36:163 (1) - so cool! o: ヽ(´・`)ノ
  15. 01:40:965 (4,5) - orz same thing changed this part
  16. 01:43:365 (3,4,1,2,3) - stacking all this might be a bit confusing to beginner players...I suggest removing (3,4). killed (3,4) *sadface*
  17. 01:45:423 (4) - fix blanketing? aye
  18. 01:46:452 (5) - sorta unnecessary to have true
    b: extend the sliders so they are the same length as they were with the repeats and readjust.
    the repeatsliders used to be long kicksliders for the drum roll. They now kinda resemble the drum roll but are much easier as they are only 1x repeats with a 1/1 break, so to keep it consistent with the first drum roll I'll keep them.
  20. 02:07:885 (1,2,3) - even with the new combo, this might throw people off considering the previous combos like this aren't timed the same. consider rearranging it elsewhere :P ok, changed the circles to a slider to make the 1 1/2 gap easier to play
  21. 02:14:915 (2) - same as earlier suggestion for this section. copy paster! baka >< [/color]
  22. 02:25:546 (1) - \:D/ ahhhhhh need .osu-code ahhhhhhh....ok tried my best to recreate this. great!
  23. 02:27:604 (4) - maybe just lengthen the slider instead of using a repeat D: ? yeah made this consistent with the previous changes
  24. 02:29:661 (3) - you should probably remove the repeat here x.x nuuuuuu....keeping it consisten with the previous

hitsounding
  1. I don't even need to go through it, the hitsounds are awesome! though definitely keep the hitsounds on low volume even if you can't tell they're there :3

volume points

new combos
  7. 02:25:546 (1) - remove new combo. fixed all the combos above

comments

Laser Hard
song setup
  1. seems okay to me.

note arrangement
  1. 00:44:037 (1,2) - why you not stacked D:< watch in playmode / autoplay
  2. 00:46:781 (5) - this sounds a bit strange if it doesn't end on the previous red tick... consider trying something new here. hmm okay just ended it on the red tick then
  3. 00:48:152 (7) - I'm being the devil's advocate here but really, the blanket isn't perfect D: try fixing this around >< If you don't believe me, here look x.x I know I know...seems that was LAZY ME almost a year ago >< fixed
  4. 00:52:268 (4) - same as before. aye
  5. 01:03:756 (4,5,6) - this is a good sounding pattern, try adding this kind of pattern elsewhere, otherwise remove it because it's literally like the only one of its kind in this map.
  6. 01:19:017 (3) - you could turn this into 3 notes D: make it a bit more hard and interesting. this map used to be a "Normal"...but then it took a modpost to the knee
  7. 01:22:446 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - again, this is the kind of thing you should try repeating in your map! (of course, rearranging it too not just copy/paste) I tried. Made the map a bit harder overall.
  8. 01:25:190 (1,2) - this is a little hard to read D: try something like this: img yep, also "fixed" the slider afterwards
  9. 01:30:676 (1,2) - add a note in-between. aye, also added all the other ones
  11. 01:38:907 (1,2,3,4) - try something more creative, maybe this? img changed it a bit
  13. 01:52:624 (1,2) - so plain >< try something like this: img changed a little
  16. 02:11:152 - 02:11:486 - add a slider or something, it would work well here. longer spinner works for lazy ppl like me ^^
  17. 02:14:229 - add a note. aye
  18. 02:20:059 (1,2) - note in-between? ;w; aye
  19. 02:22:803 (1,2,3,4) - same suggestion as before.yep

hitsounding
  1. 00:11:115 (1) - you forgot a clap on here D: where? °-° seems fine to me
  2. 00:48:152 (7) - finish on the end doesn't really fit :v removed
  3. 01:04:442 (5) - clap. fixed
  4. 01:23:132 (3) - clap on the end. fixed
  5. 01:24:504 (3) - ^ fixed
  6. 01:25:875 (2,3) - clap on the last two ends (last repeat and end of slider), and remove clap on (3). fixed
  7. 01:44:394 (1) - add clap on 3rd repeat. was already there :o
  8. 01:58:111 (1,2,3,4) - claps on all ends. fixed
  12. 02:05:999 (3) - clap on end D: ? fixed all....that's what you get for messing around with a diff until it is almost completely remapped....
  13. 02:06:342 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - clap on ends of all (2)s and (4)s? on all ends of the (3)s matches the pattern ;)
  14. 02:09:085 (1) - clap or no o: made the spinner longer so no need anymore

volume points
  1. 01:23:818 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this whole section could use a lower volume, due to the music.
  2. this is really general, I don't want to drown you with a huge mod. for example, sections like 01:52:624 (1,2) - could use lower volume and softer hitsounds to add for a better effect when playing.

new combos
  11. 02:03:941 (1) - remove new combo. fixed most combos above

comments

I'd say this diff is a bit strange... a lot of long sliders that make it less like a hard and too many extended repeat sliders. Try changing it up a bit with patterns like I had pointed out or adding more notes here and there. this diff used to be a "normal" (and still mostly is), I just wanted to rename it because so many ppl complained about it beeing too hard...

Drill Insane
song setup
  1. HP Drain +1? nah drain is fine...the death-circle and the fish-of-death are almost sudden death with the actual DR

note arrangement
  1. 00:31:692 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - try this maybe o: just a suggestion~ this sounds very nice but I'll stick to the triple-triple :)
  2. 01:18:159 - you should fill this in with a jump or a note somewhere, it would sound better :v it is a baby jump already :[
  3. 01:19:703 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - try doubling the first spinner, and moving the first set of (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) back to where the second spinner is and delete it. Rearrange if need be. best. suggestion. ever. this works so well....I'm surprised I never tried this before.
  4. 01:30:162 (8) - maybe make this a bit more curvy D: ? added some curvy-ness
  5. 01:32:391 (6,7,8) - I love the sound of this! it's a good pattern to use. ヽ(´・`)ノ
  6. 01:35:649 (8) - curve curve curve³
  7. 01:40:965 (5,6) - spacing here is kind of a throw-off even at this level x.x hmm but it is a consistent jump spacing for (4,5,6)
  8. 01:48:852 (1,2,3) - spacing taking off 1x repeat sounds weird and using notefollow spacing of 0,8x looks REALLY clamped. I'm OK with the doubled spacing
  9. 02:03:255 (8) - two notes after this (on the blue and white ticks) would sound good. just added the downbeat
  10. 02:16:287 (6) - spacing I will keep the doubled spacing as I feel it actually increases readability
  11. 02:19:545 (8) - curvy curve x.x x[ curved!
  13. 02:24:860 (5) - same thing :c like before it is just a double spacing jump on a start of a new part
  14. 02:30:005 (7,8) - add a note in-between and one on the red tick after (8). plays nice but I'll keep the old version for the sake of consistency

hitsounding
  10. 01:13:187 (1,2,3) - I don't think the whistles here fit @_@ hmmm I changed it to soft finishes for now...but that isn't much better
fixed all the missing claps and misplaced claps...
volume points
  1. I'm just going to suggest what I did to the previous diffs for this sound wise. Other than that, it's great.

new combos

comments

A bit spinner happy I see o.o. I find it weird how some of your sliders are perfectly made (even and perfectly shaped) while some look like they're just thrown on there to get it done faster D: plus there are a lot of overlaps of sliders and notes that aren't very pretty that could use fixing but if you like it, I'm not gonna tell you you can't have it on there xD otherwise, this was fun c: yeah the overlaps are intended to achieve the movement pattern. And I don't think they are THAT ugly. I fixed most of the sliders now I guess. Some of them just don't need to be curved around anything as it doesn't matter while playing it (at least that's what I thought)

DarkDunSkin's Taiko Oni
DarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkinDarkDunSkin--
DD is the BOSS ;)

good luck with this mapset! ^^ xmas 2013...here we goooo

Well that was...about 4 hours of APPLYING the mod....I can't imagine how long it took to WRITE it D: But now I kinda know how ppl may feel about my longer mods. Really really great mod and thanks for taking the time and doing this. The 2 kd are more than well deserved!

I know this mapset is a bit messy and it has its rough edges but that was my first try at a "rankable" mapset...and it is pending for more than one year now ;)

also thanks to MoonShade for asking you to mod it
DarkDunskin
Now I want a mod from Cherry for my maps too D:

p3n wrote:

Mother of ModPosts

xcherry wrote:

orz it was popped = = well I hope it's possible to get it back soon! so lets start. Ah I'm not in a hurry here ;) since this has been in pending for more than a year now...

General.

Cube Easy
song setup
  1. no problems.

note arrangement
  1. you might want to use grid level 3 to rearrange all this, spacing could prove inconsistent if you use grid level 1 or 2 >< I don't use grid-snapping at all when arranging the notefollows. I only use it for symmetrical patterns and for slider creation before moving them into place without grid snap ^^
  2. 00:14:202 (2) - eh, maybe a nono. try extending the slider, removing the repeat and arranging them according to distance snap, you know, the usual. I don't think 1x repeat sliders are a complete no-go for "easy" diffs but I'll try to reduce them a bit to reduce the star rating
  3. 00:26:890 (4) - I think the small repeats should be kept to a minimum; previous repeat slider fit and can't really be fixed and it looks so nice... for this, try something like this? great idea, made it exactly like this!
  4. 00:27:576 (1) - is it possible to extend this two white ticks forward? 00:30:320 (1) is awfully close to the center of the spinner as it is so it shouldn't be a problem I'd hope. yeah it's either the white tick it is on now or the one you mentioned. I'll leave it on the tick it is now as I think beginners really do need some time to recover from spinners. I know tons of ppl who spin like mad in HUGE circles so they tend to end spinners as soon as they pass them to use the remaining time to relocate the cursor. I don't think this should be the way in easy maps.
  5. 00:30:320 (1) - fix blanket maybe? aye! fixed!
  6. 00:31:349 (2,3,4,5) - o.o img ahhhhh I want to keep those repeat sliders here :(
  7. 00:50:553 (2) - don't want to stack this on 00:48:152 (5) D: ? sure why not, even though you could never tell while playing it
  8. 00:56:383 (5) - it sounds better if you remove this :v ok
  9. 01:03:242 (3) - want to make this a bit more curvy? try adding a red point in the middle of the points. fixed the shape a bit, but without a red point as it made the slider a bit too short
  10. 01:04:613 (5) - same for this. it's because for easies, you should try to avoid adding notes where there is no real need for any. I think this one is ok as the base changes with the chord and it is kind of dominant (for me at least)
  11. 01:29:305 (3,4) - musically speaking, you should be removing the extra repeat and note here. you could extend (3) if you wanted to. I tried this but personally I think it is a bit easier to just go with the rhythm here.
  14. 01:36:163 (1) - so cool! o: ヽ(´・`)ノ
  15. 01:40:965 (4,5) - orz same thing changed this part
  16. 01:43:365 (3,4,1,2,3) - stacking all this might be a bit confusing to beginner players...I suggest removing (3,4). killed (3,4) *sadface*
  17. 01:45:423 (4) - fix blanketing? aye
  18. 01:46:452 (5) - sorta unnecessary to have true
    the repeatsliders used to be long kicksliders for the drum roll. They now kinda resemble the drum roll but are much easier as they are only 1x repeats with a 1/1 break, so to keep it consistent with the first drum roll I'll keep them.
  20. 02:07:885 (1,2,3) - even with the new combo, this might throw people off considering the previous combos like this aren't timed the same. consider rearranging it elsewhere :P ok, changed the circles to a slider to make the 1 1/2 gap easier to play
  21. 02:14:915 (2) - same as earlier suggestion for this section. copy paster! baka >< [/color]
  22. 02:25:546 (1) - \:D/ ahhhhhh need .osu-code ahhhhhhh....ok tried my best to recreate this. great!
  23. 02:27:604 (4) - maybe just lengthen the slider instead of using a repeat D: ? yeah made this consistent with the previous changes
  24. 02:29:661 (3) - you should probably remove the repeat here x.x nuuuuuu....keeping it consisten with the previous

hitsounding

volume points

new combos
  7. 02:25:546 (1) - remove new combo. fixed all the combos above

comments

Laser Hard
song setup
  1. seems okay to me.

note arrangement
  1. 00:44:037 (1,2) - why you not stacked D:< watch in playmode / autoplay
  2. 00:46:781 (5) - this sounds a bit strange if it doesn't end on the previous red tick... consider trying something new here. hmm okay just ended it on the red tick then
  3. 00:48:152 (7) - I'm being the devil's advocate here but really, the blanket isn't perfect D: try fixing this around >< If you don't believe me, here look x.x I know I know...seems that was LAZY ME almost a year ago >< fixed
  4. 00:52:268 (4) - same as before. aye
  6. 01:19:017 (3) - you could turn this into 3 notes D: make it a bit more hard and interesting. this map used to be a "Normal"...but then it took a modpost to the knee
  7. 01:22:446 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - again, this is the kind of thing you should try repeating in your map! (of course, rearranging it too not just copy/paste) I tried. Made the map a bit harder overall.
  8. 01:25:190 (1,2) - this is a little hard to read D: try something like this: img yep, also "fixed" the slider afterwards
  9. 01:30:676 (1,2) - add a note in-between. aye, also added all the other ones
  11. 01:38:907 (1,2,3,4) - try something more creative, maybe this? img changed it a bit
  13. 01:52:624 (1,2) - so plain >< try something like this: img changed a little
  16. 02:11:152 - 02:11:486 - add a slider or something, it would work well here. longer spinner works for lazy ppl like me ^^
  17. 02:14:229 - add a note. aye
  18. 02:20:059 (1,2) - note in-between? ;w; aye
  19. 02:22:803 (1,2,3,4) - same suggestion as before.yep

hitsounding
  1. 00:11:115 (1) - you forgot a clap on here D: where? °-° seems fine to me
  2. 00:48:152 (7) - finish on the end doesn't really fit :v removed
  3. 01:04:442 (5) - clap. fixed
  4. 01:23:132 (3) - clap on the end. fixed
  5. 01:24:504 (3) - ^ fixed
  6. 01:25:875 (2,3) - clap on the last two ends (last repeat and end of slider), and remove clap on (3). fixed
  7. 01:44:394 (1) - add clap on 3rd repeat. was already there :o
  8. 01:58:111 (1,2,3,4) - claps on all ends. fixed
  12. 02:05:999 (3) - clap on end D: ? fixed all....that's what you get for messing around with a diff until it is almost completely remapped....
  13. 02:06:342 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - clap on ends of all (2)s and (4)s? on all ends of the (3)s matches the pattern ;)
  14. 02:09:085 (1) - clap or no o: made the spinner longer so no need anymore

volume points

new combos
  11. 02:03:941 (1) - remove new combo. fixed most combos above

comments

I'd say this diff is a bit strange... a lot of long sliders that make it less like a hard and too many extended repeat sliders. Try changing it up a bit with patterns like I had pointed out or adding more notes here and there. this diff used to be a "normal" (and still mostly is), I just wanted to rename it because so many ppl complained about it beeing too hard...

Drill Insane
song setup
  1. HP Drain +1? nah drain is fine...the death-circle and the fish-of-death are almost sudden death with the actual DR

note arrangement
  1. 00:31:692 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - try this maybe o: just a suggestion~ this sounds very nice but I'll stick to the triple-triple :)
  2. 01:18:159 - you should fill this in with a jump or a note somewhere, it would sound better :v it is a baby jump already :[
  3. 01:19:703 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - try doubling the first spinner, and moving the first set of (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) back to where the second spinner is and delete it. Rearrange if need be. best. suggestion. ever. this works so well....I'm surprised I never tried this before.
  4. 01:30:162 (8) - maybe make this a bit more curvy D: ? added some curvy-ness
  5. 01:32:391 (6,7,8) - I love the sound of this! it's a good pattern to use. ヽ(´・`)ノ
  6. 01:35:649 (8) - curve curve curve³
  7. 01:40:965 (5,6) - spacing here is kind of a throw-off even at this level x.x hmm but it is a consistent jump spacing for (4,5,6)
  8. 01:48:852 (1,2,3) - spacing taking off 1x repeat sounds weird and using notefollow spacing of 0,8x looks REALLY clamped. I'm OK with the doubled spacing
  9. 02:03:255 (8) - two notes after this (on the blue and white ticks) would sound good. just added the downbeat
  10. 02:16:287 (6) - spacing I will keep the doubled spacing as I feel it actually increases readability
  11. 02:19:545 (8) - curvy curve x.x x[ curved!
  13. 02:24:860 (5) - same thing :c like before it is just a double spacing jump on a start of a new part
  14. 02:30:005 (7,8) - add a note in-between and one on the red tick after (8). plays nice but I'll keep the old version for the sake of consistency

hitsounding
  10. 01:13:187 (1,2,3) - I don't think the whistles here fit @_@ hmmm I changed it to soft finishes for now...but that isn't much better
fixed all the missing claps and misplaced claps...
volume points

new combos

comments

A bit spinner happy I see o.o. I find it weird how some of your sliders are perfectly made (even and perfectly shaped) while some look like they're just thrown on there to get it done faster D: plus there are a lot of overlaps of sliders and notes that aren't very pretty that could use fixing but if you like it, I'm not gonna tell you you can't have it on there xD otherwise, this was fun c: yeah the overlaps are intended to achieve the movement pattern. And I don't think they are THAT ugly. I fixed most of the sliders now I guess. Some of them just don't need to be curved around anything as it doesn't matter while playing it (at least that's what I thought)

DarkDunSkin's Taiko Oni
DD is the BOSS ;)

good luck with this mapset! ^^ xmas 2013...here we goooo
Garven
[General]
Even just looking at your difficulty names leads me to this: You need to make a difficulty that will go between the Easy and the Hard. This way you can cater to a wider base of players.

[Easy]
00:48:152 (5,1) - I am wary of this spacing since you can see the 1 slider by the time you click on the 5.
01:22:446 (1) - A normal finish here feels far too strong for such a diminutive phrase. A soft whistle fits well to me.
02:20:403 (2,3) - These are overlapping due to stacking. Reduce stack leniency to 5 and that should fix this.

[Hard]
00:22:775 (4,5) - Spacing is dodgy.
00:55:011 (3,4) - Not much of a fan of this overlap
Really love the use of sliders here. Good job with that.

[Taiko]
Sounds pretty nice, actually. Good work.

[Insane]
00:44:037 (1,2,4,5) - Aw, these overlaps look so ugly compared to the really nice patterns you had earlier. :<
Well, there's a ton of 'em. Oh well.
01:31:362 (3,4,5) - Stacking makes this look really bad in play-mode.
01:32:391 (6,7) - Eeh, I really don't like the way the 4-hit slider feels.
And there's a bunch here too, heh. They just... felt kind of superfluous to me.
01:47:823 (3,4,5) - Same thing as earlier
01:50:567 (1) - Repeat arrow is kind of hidden due to the hitburst from 01:49:538 (3) -
01:58:111 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Cool pattern, but the way the piano continues to rise in pitch kind of counters your shrinking portion.
02:20:745 (3,4,5) - Yeah

The maps are pretty solid as-is. Main thing is the difficulty spread. If you choose to add in a Normal, call me back and we can get this set rolling!
Loctav
Feel the huge loads of love I've put into the new "Flame Normal". Huehuehue <3
Topic Starter
p3n

Garven wrote:

[General]
Even just looking at your difficulty names leads me to this: You need to make a difficulty that will go between the Easy and the Hard. This way you can cater to a wider base of players.

[Easy]
00:48:152 (5,1) - I am wary of this spacing since you can see the 1 slider by the time you click on the 5. OK I flipped the combo before to make the gap at least to ~0,8; couldn't get it to 1,0x though
01:22:446 (1) - A normal finish here feels far too strong for such a diminutive phrase. A soft whistle fits well to me. right. Changed.
02:20:403 (2,3) - These are overlapping due to stacking. Reduce stack leniency to 5 and that should fix this. great, thanks!

[Hard]
00:22:775 (4,5) - Spacing is dodgy. oops...fixed
00:55:011 (3,4) - Not much of a fan of this overlap made a different shape that fits much better
Really love the use of sliders here. Good job with that. thanks!

[Taiko]
Sounds pretty nice, actually. Good work.

[Insane]
00:44:037 (1,2,4,5) - Aw, these overlaps look so ugly compared to the really nice patterns you had earlier. :<
Well, there's a ton of 'em. Oh well. I had a very specific goal for each difficulty. The names and BG reflect the "theme" of the maps. The cursor movement I want to achieve in the drill map can't be done without overlaps (at least not the way I want it). Also I really don't think the overlaps are THAT ugly :(
01:31:362 (3,4,5) - Stacking makes this look really bad in play-mode. I could fix this by using stack liniency 2 but that would piss of anyone trying to play on hidden. Instead I fixed those by manually stacking in a different direction for each of the patterns.
01:32:391 (6,7) - Eeh, I really don't like the way the 4-hit slider feels.
And there's a bunch here too, heh. They just... felt kind of superfluous to me. hmm I can see this beeing a bit awkward as it breaks the constant movement a bit but it still plays fine for me. And it is a nice emphasis of the beat.
01:47:823 (3,4,5) - Same thing as earlier same fix as earlier
01:50:567 (1) - Repeat arrow is kind of hidden due to the hitburst from 01:49:538 (3) - maybe it is just me but I don't consider this as beeing really "hidden": http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/250078 Will change this anyway if you tell me to
01:58:111 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Cool pattern, but the way the piano continues to rise in pitch kind of counters your shrinking portion. I know...but spreading it completely felt weird, too :( I'll stick with it as is for now
02:20:745 (3,4,5) - Yeah fixed like described in 01:31:362 (3,4,5)

The maps are pretty solid as-is. Main thing is the difficulty spread. If you choose to add in a Normal, call me back and we can get this set rolling!

Loctav was so kind to help me with the normal. Turned out pretty good imo. It even features the Kanji for "flame" 8-)

Edit: 2 ppl had a quick look on the [Normal] and, the shameless el-copy-pasta for the 2nd KIAI aside, they said it is "decent for a normal" and "cool sliders for a normal". So here we go.
Garven
Damn, you work fast (even with the admitted c/p, hehe). Let's see then...

[General]
Sorry I didn't notice this before, but your mp3 bitrate is a little below the threshold for ranking. Is it possible to locate a higher quality mp3?

[Easy]
.8x is fine. It was just that you had that slider right next to the previous note, so it was possible to generate confusion and premature clicks.

[Normal]
01:21:074 (3) - ctrl + r this for better flow

[Insane]
I'm kinda picky about overlap is all. ;)
As for the repeat arrow, that's why I said "kinda" It's technically okay, but if you were able to find a solution to remove it completely, it would be preferred.
Topic Starter
p3n

Garven wrote:

Damn, you work fast (even with the admitted c/p, hehe). Let's see then...

[General]
Sorry I didn't notice this before, but your mp3 bitrate is a little below the threshold for ranking. Is it possible to locate a higher quality mp3?
hmm the bitrate is 192kbps VBR that shouldn't be too low. This was mentioned a few times but I don't know why some programs just show an average rate over the whole file instead of the correct VBR. You can check the answeres to Katsuri and ziin to see the encoder settings and the screenshots.

[Easy]
.8x is fine. It was just that you had that slider right next to the previous note, so it was possible to generate confusion and premature clicks.

[Normal]
01:21:074 (3) - ctrl + r this for better flow ok plays better now

[Insane]
I'm kinda picky about overlap is all. ;)
As for the repeat arrow, that's why I said "kinda" It's technically okay, but if you were able to find a solution to remove it completely, it would be preferred. fixed it. the overlap is now pretty much gone.

sorry for the late reply but couldn't find any wifi spots until now...
Garven
Oh crap, wait - upload a reversearrow.png to complete that skin set and you should be good to go.
show more