boa - duvet TV sized

posted
Total Posts
169
show more
Mir
rip mir's insane

it won't be missed d

rank this you fuck it's been in grave for long enough
Est-
insane

00:17:806 (2,5) - fix blanket

no kd thx
Topic Starter
Renumi

Mir wrote:

rip mir's insane

it won't be missed d

rank this you fuck it's been in grave for long enough
recheck if you want it ranked so badl,,,,,
winkwinknudgenudge
Mir
alright.
Mir
Recheck as suggested.

Polka's diff needs updated tags and Renbery's Beginner has an offscreen object at 01:17:771 (1) - (it's like a few pixels but is still offscreen.)

Skipped lower diffs because nubery is KIA.

[ Normal]
  1. 00:05:728 (3,4,5) - Shouldn't this be a repeat like 00:08:304 (3) and all the others?
  2. 00:20:222 (4,5,6) - Triples in a normal... I mean bpm is low but this is a lot of click strain for sounds that aren't strong. This is a Hard+ level of rhythm complexity and tbh I recommend changing these all to something else.
  3. 00:30:851 (1) - I don't think this needs a drum clap on the end.
  4. 00:32:784 (1,2,3,4,5) - This rhythm isn't as good as 00:35:038 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - imo. In the latter the 4,5,6 are emphasized more due to different clicking, but in the former they're all just... circles.. and there's no differentiation of rhythm.
  5. 00:37:615 (1) - Small visual thing but it looks like the end of this is like a stub, could you make the red point closer to the start? Would look better imo.
  6. 01:01:022 (1,2,3,4,1) - Could really tidy up this pentagon.
  7. 01:04:565 (1,2,3) - Could improve visual distance by moving 2 a bit.

[ Mk's Hard]
  1. 00:00:611 (2) - DS is noticeably different with the previous and next objects. Is this intentional?
  2. 00:16:035 (4,5) - Make these the same shape? The coupling here is kind of weird because they're curved so slightly it's not noticeable.
  3. 00:19:900 (1,2) - Unforgivable pixel overlap. :c
  4. 01:09:075 (5) - Spaced less than 01:08:591 (3) - but larger timeline gap. Might want to consider moving 3 closer and 5 further away so this difference is noticeable.
  5. 01:17:610 (4) - This is overmapped and there's no drum here. The former three have sounds, though. I suggest making 3 a slider.
  6. 01:19:060 (4,5,6,1) - Pattern could be tidied up a bit.

[ Polka's Meme]
  1. 00:05:728 (5,6,7) - This flow is very awkward to play because of the angle of 6. If anything I'd expect flow like this for 00:06:372 (7,8,1) - because of the downbeat but where it is now feels much more awkward than it has to be. There's nothing in the song too important to emphasize like that either.
  2. 00:11:847 (9,10) - Claps aren't in the music, so these don't really have to be hitsounded with claps either. Same for 00:19:578 (9,10) - and the rest.
  3. 00:20:544 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Feels weird that this whole combo follows the vocals but it skips the vocal on 00:20:705 - for some reason. Could make a repeat or something if you want the held effect.
  4. 00:30:207 (1) - Wow this is a massive jump from a circle for this difficulty. I would really recommend nerfing this as there haven't been any jumps of this intensity anywhere else for stronger sounds even. 3.47x lol.
  5. 00:32:140 (1,1) - One pixel though.. :c
  6. 00:34:072 (4) - Again this is really big but more justified. I would recommend staying under 3x DS for jumps because these are almost half-screen jumps in a Hyper diff..
  7. 01:11:544 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - For something not even an insane level this stream is way too long imo. Throw some repeats in there or something because you only used one triple in the map and now you throw in an 11-note stream. It's completely out of place difficulty-element wise.

[ Insane]
  1. 00:09:915 (3) - This doesn't have any special sound on it so I don't understand why it has more emphasis than anything else in these jumps.
  2. 00:24:248 (6) - Suddenly skipping the snare after having mapped it the entire intro. Do a repeat or something to capture it?
  3. 01:03:921 (1,1) - 1/4 gap is kind of unfair to be honest.. it's really hard to not miss the slider end of the previous 1.
  4. 01:11:329 (1,2,3,1) - Really high spacing to be honest, even for an insane level. Spaced stream with sharp angles after it isn't easy to play. Maybe nerf the spacing or change the shape to be more smooth. Seems like a really big difficulty spike.


Intro until 00:32:784 - seems like the notes are so cramped up together and don't require much effort to move into hitting any of them. Not to mention they're placed in a way that looks very messy both in-game and in editor. Moreso in the editor, obviously, but I recommend cleaning it up and avoiding things like 00:13:941 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - where on the 1 the music changes into another verse but you're still cramped up in the same place as the previous combo/verse and there's no emphasis on movement at all. This persists for most of the intro and it would take a bit of repositioning if not remapping to fix this really cluttered placement because atm it feels very stale and boring to play.

[ grumd's Virtual Reality]
  1. 00:41:073 (1) - Unsnapped slider end.
  2. 00:02:346 (2,3) - Putting massive emphasis on the snare but dropping that emphasis right after on 00:03:473 (7,8,9). Lower spacing of 3 because you never emphasize the snare this hard in the intro for the rest of it.
  3. 00:28:596 (5,6) - Never used an extended slider before here with similar sounds on these notes. It's kind of inconsistent because it's never used again, so I would suggest changing it to 1/2. It also skips a very noticeable guitar strum on 00:28:757 and imo extended sliders shouldn't skip important beats like that since players like to at least end a slider on something.
  4. 00:38:259 (2,3) - Ctrl+G this rhythm to make stronger sounds clickable like the snare and to get the actual held vocal on 00:38:259.
  5. 01:03:599 (1,2,3) - Could improve visual distance here, 3 is noticeable further away.
  6. 01:14:872 (1,2) - This is never done anywhere else, and for such an anti-jump to be introduced at the end of the map makes no sense structurally. I recommend removing this or using it in other similar instances like 01:04:565 (1,2,3).
  7. 01:22:912 (2) - Could NC this because the slow follow point is really distracting.

The major issue I have with this diff that I saved for last is how it ignores the song in favor of massive pp jump sections that don't follow anything in particular and seem like they just "exist" for example 01:04:565 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - and 00:35:360 (2,3,4,5) - which both map massive jumps over what is actually a long held note for both instruments and vocals. The only constant beat are hihats that do not deserve such massive jumps that are equivalent to that of the jump spacing you used for vocals and guitar and whatever else you mapped to. 00:41:556 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This entire section ignores all triples you've been mapping before for the sake of pp jumps and comfortable flow. I get that the singer is singing a long and powerful held note but that doesn't mean you should just discard the rhythm you were mapping before completely. What you could do is at least put kicksliders or something if you want to keep the singletapping. 01:00:378 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The first 3 sliders are following the bass I think it is, which is nice, but then that nice rhythm is discarded for more pp jumps that go over the same sounds that are still being played. It's really awkward when a noticeable sound you're tapping to continues on and the mapper discards following it for something else that isn't nearly as powerful but is spaced higher. Even then, the singer decreases in intensity yet the jumps are all statically high spacing. 01:07:464 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - This is following some different things in the song and prioritizes a certain rhythm (drums) but right before it you get 01:05:048 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - more pp jumps that don't follow anything mapped to essentially the same phrase.

My point is this diff is clearly mapped for PP exclusively and disregards the song majorly in important sections to accomplish that. I think you could definitely add more sliders in the map and to actually follow distinct notes instead of putting in massive 11-note jump sections where there is clearly more interesting stuff going on in the song that could be prioritized through using sliders.

Good luck.

I did my recheck, now rank it.
Supreme God

Mir wrote:

Skipped lower diffs because nubery is KIA.
nubery is alive lol
Mir
o he was dead when i last talked to him but whatever low diffs are easily rankable and renumi has a tomppabeats set so he knows what he's doing
Topic Starter
Renumi

Mir wrote:

o he was dead when i last talked to him but whatever low diffs are easily rankable and renumi has a tomppabeats set so he knows what he's doing
i can't tell if you're memeing me or-
Mir

Renumi wrote:

Mir wrote:

o he was dead when i last talked to him but whatever low diffs are easily rankable and renumi has a tomppabeats set so he knows what he's doing
i can't tell if you're memeing me or-
i swear it's a meme don't hurt me ily
Topic Starter
Renumi

Mir wrote:

Recheck as suggested.

Polka's diff needs updated tags and Renbery's Beginner has an offscreen object at 01:17:771 (1) - (it's like a few pixels but is still offscreen.) polka still needs to apply the mod, but added tags just in case, also did some things on the beginner diff so that the pixel is in the playfield (also changed some slider shapes holy moly what was i thinking).

Skipped lower diffs because nubery is KIA.

[ Normal]
  1. 00:05:728 (3,4,5) - Shouldn't this be a repeat like 00:08:304 (3) and all the others? no held note that warrants a repeat
  2. 00:20:222 (4,5,6) - Triples in a normal... I mean bpm is low but this is a lot of click strain for sounds that aren't strong. This is a Hard+ level of rhythm complexity and tbh I recommend changing these all to something else. i think grumd gave me his reasoning on why i should change to that, something about giving players more of a "heads up" to the rhythm change. i think his irc mod post a few posts back on this thread mentions just that; looking back at it now though, i can see why that's not a good idea at all lol, thanks
  3. 00:30:851 (1) - I don't think this needs a drum clap on the end. whistle'd
  4. 00:32:784 (1,2,3,4,5) - This rhythm isn't as good as 00:35:038 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - imo. In the latter the 4,5,6 are emphasized more due to different clicking, but in the former they're all just... circles.. and there's no differentiation of rhythm. i think i fixed it, but keep in mind that the first slider in that section (kiai) starts in a white tick, then goes to the red tick to keep vocal mapping, so i couldn't do 100% what you wanted here, that or i misunderstood your point with flying colours >.<
  5. 00:37:615 (1) - Small visual thing but it looks like the end of this is like a stub, could you make the red point closer to the start? Would look better imo. was redoing some of the slider shapes and i fixed this before reading your suggestion lol ;w;
  6. 01:01:022 (1,2,3,4,1) - Could really tidy up this pentagon. i think i did what you wanted? picture/visual representation of what you mean would help fadfs
  7. 01:04:565 (1,2,3) - Could improve visual distance by moving 2 a bit. redid some sliders before doing your thing but i think i did what you asked

I did my recheck, now rank it. you scare me sometimes, thanks a lot mir aaaaaaah
everyone still needs to check their own respective diffs, and i'll give mk around 5 days to respond to his mod, or else i'll have to for the sake of pushing the map forward, seeing as how he hasn't logged in like around 3 months or so
thanks a lot!!
polka

Mir wrote:

[ Polka's Meme]
  1. 00:05:728 (5,6,7) - This flow is very awkward to play because of the angle of 6. If anything I'd expect flow like this for 00:06:372 (7,8,1) - because of the downbeat but where it is now feels much more awkward than it has to be. There's nothing in the song too important to emphasize like that either. :arrow:Vocals seemed more intense there, so broke flow for emphasis. Plus it's kind of my style to have straight angles sliders end away from the start of curved sliders I guess?
  2. 00:11:847 (9,10) - Claps aren't in the music, so these don't really have to be hitsounded with claps either. Same for 00:19:578 (9,10) - and the rest. :arrow:Adds a little bit of... flAVor to the map if you will.
  3. 00:20:544 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Feels weird that this whole combo follows the vocals but it skips the vocal on 00:20:705 - for some reason. Could make a repeat or something if you want the held effect. :arrow:The vocals don't become intense enough to be mapped until about 00:21:027 (4) -. That vocal I skipped was so minor it really doesnt make a difference whether its mapped or not.
  4. 00:30:207 (1) - Wow this is a massive jump from a circle for this difficulty. I would really recommend nerfing this as there haven't been any jumps of this intensity anywhere else for stronger sounds even. 3.47x lol. :arrow:Well it's not a circle to circle jump so DS doesnt really measure how intense the jump is. Nerfed I think.
  5. 00:32:140 (1,1) - One pixel though.. :c :arrow:I think its more like 3 or 4 but ya
  6. 00:34:072 (4) - Again this is really big but more justified. I would recommend staying under 3x DS for jumps because these are almost half-screen jumps in a Hyper diff.. :arrow:Having this be a repeat slider, it gives more recovery. Further more, the jump is justified because it is A) the chorus, B) an intense part of the music and C) all of the above \:D/
  7. 01:11:544 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - For something not even an insane level this stream is way too long imo. Throw some repeats in there or something because you only used one triple in the map and now you throw in an 11-note stream. It's completely out of place difficulty-element wise. :arrow:The stream speed is slow and hard is identified as a difficulty with 1/2 patterns and introductory 1/4th patterns. Insane is justified as far apart 1/2 patterns and common 1/4 patterns. Therefor the inbetween would be mild 1/2 patterns with intermediate 1/4 patterns, which imo, is exactly what this is
Sorry to shoot you down I still love you.
Mir

PolkaMocha wrote:

Mir wrote:

[ Polka's Meme]
  1. 01:11:544 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - For something not even an insane level this stream is way too long imo. Throw some repeats in there or something because you only used one triple in the map and now you throw in an 11-note stream. It's completely out of place difficulty-element wise. :arrow:The stream speed is slow and hard is identified as a difficulty with 1/2 patterns and introductory 1/4th patterns. Insane is justified as far apart 1/2 patterns and common 1/4 patterns. Therefor the inbetween would be mild 1/2 patterns with intermediate 1/4 patterns, which imo, is exactly what this is
Sorry to shoot you down I still love you.
On this point, while yes I do agree there should be intermediate 1/4, my point was more this is more like the only 1/4 you use. It's very sudden and considering you only used one triple in the map prior it's like... really sudden to have such a long stream. I think making more triples would help this more to give the player an idea of "hey this map will use some 1/4 in it so be prepared" but atm it doesn't really do that until the end where it's too late.

Is this even 1/4 :thinking:, well whatever it is I think you get my point. :3
Est-
rank this already sMH
polka

Mir wrote:

On this point, while yes I do agree there should be intermediate 1/4, my point was more this is more like the only 1/4 you use. It's very sudden and considering you only used one triple in the map prior it's like... really sudden to have such a long stream. I think making more triples would help this more to give the player an idea of "hey this map will use some 1/4 in it so be prepared" but atm it doesn't really do that until the end where it's too late.

Is this even 1/4 :thinking:, well whatever it is I think you get my point. :3
Oh no I understand your point! It's 1/3 I believe. Also, it's very slow and the DS is heavily reduced, so while yes, it's kind of a surprise, it's not an earth shattering one, and I think players should be okay.
Mir

PolkaMocha wrote:

Mir wrote:

On this point, while yes I do agree there should be intermediate 1/4, my point was more this is more like the only 1/4 you use. It's very sudden and considering you only used one triple in the map prior it's like... really sudden to have such a long stream. I think making more triples would help this more to give the player an idea of "hey this map will use some 1/4 in it so be prepared" but atm it doesn't really do that until the end where it's too late.

Is this even 1/4 :thinking:, well whatever it is I think you get my point. :3
Oh no I understand your point! It's 1/3 I believe. Also, it's very slow and the DS is heavily reduced, so while yes, it's kind of a surprise, it's not an earth shattering one, and I think players should be okay.
If you say so.~

REN-CHAN RANK IT PLEASE
Topic Starter
Renumi
d
LowAccuracySS

Hello from the Queue! Thanks for posting :)


[ Mk's Hard]
Compose
  1. 00:02:829 (3) - ctrl+g?
  2. 00:07:660 (2) - ^
  3. 00:13:297 (3) - ^
  4. 00:15:874 (3) - Stack on (4)?
  5. 00:24:731 (7) - Rotate by 25 degrees so that you can semi-blanket with (1)
  6. 00:30:851 (2) - ctrl+g?
  7. 00:34:716 (7) - I think it would be better to stack on (1)
  8. 00:56:191 (3,4) - stack on (5)?
  9. 01:03:921 (5) - ctrl+g?
  10. 01:16:805 (5) - ^

Seriously, that's all I could find. Insane is extremely well done and this whole set seems ready in my eyes. Go go go!
Topic Starter
Renumi
added mir's insane and tried to fix some of the issues on mk's mod on my behalf, seeing as how he's super afk atm
thanks for the mods;; know that i fixed mostly everything for the most part since i applied things that made sense to me, while also trying to keep mk's desired idea in mind as best as i could
removed insane for fdas reasons

Mir wrote:

Recheck as suggested.
[ Mk's Hard]
  1. 00:00:611 (2) - DS is noticeably different with the previous and next objects. Is this intentional? :arrow:i'll assume that's the case here, if not then eeee kinda illogical
  2. 00:16:035 (4,5) - Make these the same shape? The coupling here is kind of weird because they're curved so slightly it's not noticeable. :arrow:preeeetty nazi
  3. 00:19:900 (1,2) - Unforgivable pixel overlap. :c :arrow::c
  4. 01:09:075 (5) - Spaced less than 01:08:591 (3) - but larger timeline gap. Might want to consider moving 3 closer and 5 further away so this difference is noticeable. :arrow:agree :d
  5. 01:17:610 (4) - This is overmapped and there's no drum here. The former three have sounds, though. I suggest making 3 a slider. :arrow:does sound remotely better
  6. 01:19:060 (4,5,6,1) - Pattern could be tidied up a bit. :arrow:right >>

[ Space ] wrote:

[ Mk's Hard]
Compose
  1. 00:02:829 (3) - ctrl+g? :arrow:pattern so i think so??
  2. 00:07:660 (2) - ^
  3. 00:13:297 (3) - ^
  4. 00:15:874 (3) - Stack on (4)? :arrow: emphasis would be down to the ground
  5. 00:24:731 (7) - Rotate by 25 degrees so that you can semi-blanket with (1) :arrow:good ide
  6. 00:30:851 (2) - ctrl+g? :arrow:eeeeee
  7. 00:34:716 (7) - I think it would be better to stack on (1) :arrow:i'd rather leave as is to not mess toooooo much with the diff
  8. 00:56:191 (3,4) - stack on (5)? :arrow:the emphasis would be lost rip
  9. 01:03:921 (5) - ctrl+g? :arrow:aaaaaaa sure
  10. 01:16:805 (5) - ^
[/notice]

Seriously, that's all I could find. Insane is extremely well done and this whole set seems ready in my eyes. Go go go! i mostly applied ctrl+g suggestions since mk did this quite frequently in the start of the map so i hope it's fine >.<
thanks for modding and your words, space!

aaa hopefully it's alright
grumd
Oh hey! Are you close to ranking this? I'm so sorry I didn't check the mods on my diff, sorry I'm not very active in osu lately.

If you're not close to ranking then I could check all the mods and apply them to my diff. If you're gonna rank it soon and my diff will mess with it, leave it out.
Est-
d xd
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply