forum

Languages

posted
Total Posts

How many languages do you speak fluently?

17.92%
48.90%
22.80%
4≤
10.38%
Total votes: 636
show more
Bear265

jjrocks wrote:

English is my only fluent one, I'm still learning french but I don't think I'll ever become fluent in it, I'm not very good in learning languages.
OMG ! Saying that with your current avatar just makes want to die of the Cuteness !!!
Metroid
English and I'm in my third year of Spanish in school....

Otherwise I'm sadly monolingual... D:

Yo hablo Inglés y español un poco...

I probably couldn't converse anything in Spanish except something very basic.... And I can only translate a few things from Spanish to English when I see billboards and instructions in Spanish in Philadelphia and on manuals...
eru
native+english
well i know japanese and arabics too, but not as fluent as the two languages before.
Firo Prochainezo

Faust wrote:

Rather fluent English, and shitty half-assed Chinese.
I'm curious now~
Shiro
French, English, Spanish.

Pretty much bilingual for English, according to a lot of people. :I

Planning on learning more.
Colin Hou

Faust wrote:

Rather fluent English, and shitty half-assed Chinese.
不勒个是吧...
Larto
I'm good at german and english, kind of decent at italian and trying to learn esperanto. Very fluent in the first two, and fluent enough in italian >_>
Mastodonio
Well,I speak Russian,English. I know Greek language not so bad,and I know German a little (from my school Deutsch lessons) :)
Sakura
I'm good with spanish and english, but that's about it, although i can somewhat read italian and portuguesse but i cant really speak them
Cremelime
English, spanish, french and trying to learn jap :3
TTTTTTTTTTTT
English

Chinese

im trying to learn Espanol,but i have no time to learn Spanish=A=
GladiOol

Bear265 wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

If I have to speak the language fluently, I'd say just Dutch and English.
If not; Dutch, English, German, French, Frisian.
What in the living hell is that ?
Some dialect (pretty much new language if you ask me~) we speak in north of holland :P still quite commonly used.
Leorda
English, Indonesian, and Japanese (Hiragana and Katakana only ;-;)
xsrsbsns
Chinese: Fluent speaker (native language) but VERY poor writing/vocabulary

English: Fluent speaker, good writing

Malay: (Below) average in both speaking and writing.. @_@

Learning Japanese atm, and maybe Russian after that (which I doubt will happen).
Ephemeral
can I be a complete fucking nerd and count the programming languages i am reasonably proficient in as actual languages?
Pokebis

Ephemeral wrote:

can I be a complete fucking nerd and count the programming languages i am reasonably proficient in as actual languages?
That's cheating since they're all so similar. Unless you know one of those crazy satirical languages fluently.
Daru
If you go by "English + native language", then I'm extra fluent in English.
Randy96
1. English
2. [Broken/Forsaken] Vietnamese
3. [Learning] Spanish
Athyrionjh
Well I can German (of course), English (Well I can't speak it very proper, but write/hear/read it very good duh~), I should have be good in Latin, but in truth it sucks and I'm as good as in the beginning of my 5 year career in Latin~, and I'm learning Japanese (I really love it compared to Latin). Well I also had a half year spanish, but I wasn't good at it~
Martinawa
Catalan and Spanish (Native), and English. I know many words of Italian and Portuguese and I'm learning Japanese, but it's pretty difficult.
Riik_old
English + was learning French in school, but after I finished, I forgot most of it >.<. Now learning Japanese. And I keep telling myself I'll try and learn Welsh some time, but I never get round to it :|
-maJu
german (native), english, french, romanian, hungarian... and a a little bit of other languages ;)
everything except german I can't 100% fluently lol XD
Seanzombiettu
أعلم لغة العربية و إنجليزي
anongos
I can speak Tagalog and English fluently. I used to be able to speak Chinese(Mandarin and Fujian), but now I can't . :?
bagnz0r
More than 4.
English, Polish, Japanese, German (fluent)
Korean, Chinese (Mandarin) (not-so-fluent)
hinamizawan
Portuguese (native), English, French and Japanese (hiragana, katakana and some kanji only).
Ephemeral
i speak fluent english, some japanese, some cantonese and a hint of gaelic.. though not particularly fluently
Shohei Ohtani
Generic English and Spanish. Although I suck at spanish.
OzzyOzrock
English, Spanish, and French 50% fluent (still learning ._.)...

Learning Japanese, Italian, and... every other language in the world.
taeblush
Fluent english, that's about it.
I've been studying french for a few years but I wouldn't consider myself fluent. :p
RhaiizoN
Arabic = always write/speakin' at school
indo/malay = write/ speak fluent, good!
english = a little.. not use always >.<
Kurowolfe
I think I'm fluent in English and Bahasa Melayu (national language).
Could understand Japanese a fair bit, although I can't speak fluently yet.
And also a smattering of Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, German, Bahasa Bajau (native language), Bahasa Kadazan (another native language) and French.
mekadon_old
English, Malay, Indonesian, some Tagalog, Hokkien, Fujian, Japanese (?), and a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit of Spanish and French
Pizzicato

mekadon wrote:

some Tagalog,
i guess u learned it from Garena HoN.
anongos

mekadon wrote:

English, Malay, Indonesian, some Tagalog, Hokkien, Fujian, Japanese (?), and a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit of Spanish and French
Errr, remind me the difference between Hokkien and Fujian again? I thought those are just different names for the same dialect.
Laraix
Lithuanian, English, German, a bit Japanese.
intermu
Only 2 for native fluency: Indonesian and English.

Another 2 for other languages in progress: Mandarin and Japanese, both at an intermediate level.
Weez
I speak English fluently and I'm alright with Somali too. I can read Arabic but don't understand it and I know like >25% French.
rixzeiya
Tagalog and English... :P

and learning Nihongo.... :D
boat
Native russian and swedish speaker, I also know danish and clearly english rather fluently too.

Studying german and japanese at the moment.
show more