forum

[Archived] Crash when changing active windows

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DaBlizz
Problem Details:
When using the normal mode (Compatibility mode disabled) the game will crash when clicking a window on the desktop that isn't osu.
Changing windows from task bar causes this crash. Alt-tabbing causes this crash. Opening windows from system tray does not cause this crash. Compatibility mode will keep this crash from happening.

Side note: Raptr (Plays.tv to be specific) cannot record video while compatibility mode is inactive. The video files become corrupted.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Couldn't be compiled, and screenshots wouldn't show anything actively occurring.

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Vaporwave

DaBlizz wrote:

Compatibility mode will keep this crash from happening.
When you say it will keep it from happening, do you mean it stops the crashes?
Lacrimosa
Sounds like something on your end might be causing that. You will have to use compatibility mode if you want things to run smooth without crashes. As for your recording problem, there are several ways to record your gameplay, so not being able to record with Raptr isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. You can use OBS, Fraps, or even this site which is really useful.
VeilStar
What exactly happens when you said osu! crashes? Do you get a black screen? A grayed out screen? Does a window pop up that says osu! has stopped working? Does a window titled 'oh no' pop up?
Topic Starter
DaBlizz

VeilStar wrote:

What exactly happens when you said osu! crashes? Do you get a black screen? A grayed out screen? Does a window pop up that says osu! has stopped working? Does a window titled 'oh no' pop up?
To be exact, the game itself becomes completely unresponsive. After that, the generic "program.exe has stopped working" message comes up and tries to find a solution to the problem. Osu itself produces no dialogues.
Silverfreak18
how do I get to the compatibility mode?
Topic Starter
DaBlizz

Silverfreak18 wrote:

It should be with the display options. Or, to be more exact, the renderer options. Should be right under the Fullscreen option.
Lacrimosa

DaBlizz wrote:

Silverfreak18 wrote:

It should be with the display options. Or, to be more exact, the renderer options. Should be right under the Fullscreen option.
Or you can hold shift while launching osu! and enable it from a recovery dialog which is going to pop up.
VeilStar

DaBlizz wrote:

To be exact, the game itself becomes completely unresponsive. After that, the generic "program.exe has stopped working" message comes up and tries to find a solution to the problem. Osu itself produces no dialogues.
There should be a log of some sort in the Event Viewer (under Windows - Applications) then. Have a look for it.