forum

[resolved] Anime Pack Vol. 2 Achievement Won't Unlock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haiiro-Chan96
Problem Details:

Hello!

I've been trying to play through the anime beatmap packs to gain the awards, and although the Vol. 1 pack worked just fine; I have played every song in the Vol. 2 pack and yet I haven't gotten the achievement.

Let me lay out what I know about the situation:

- All beatmaps in the pack downloaded just fine with no errors or unplayable maps (there are no maps that ended up in the osu! song 'failed' folder).
- I compared the set's list of songs online with the beatmaps I had in osu!, and they were definitely all there.
- I successfully played through all beatmaps in the normal osu! mode (no taiko, mania, etc).

So, in a nutshell, all 14 maps ARE in my osu! and have been successfully played with no errors, missing maps, or anything unusual of the sort.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything I missed? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
- Hai-chan

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Can we have a screenshot (like this), so we can confirm that you actually did clear every single map and that you didn't miss any by accident.
Nathanael
Check if you missed a beatmap here: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist?t=t
Else, let us know which is the one that doesn't get cleared.
Topic Starter
Haiiro-Chan96
Okay guys, I haven't figured it out, but at least I think I know the root of the problem now.

When I went to find the list of beatmaps for you, I ended up going to my 'Recently Played Beatmaps' page on my profile and found the time that I was playing last night when I went through all 14 maps trying to get the achivement. The thing is, only 12 out of those 14 are showing up online:

So, even though I played the other two beatmaps, for some reason they don't appear online.

After discovering this, I found the two beatmaps in question, Black Rock Shooter and Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, which my desktop osu! shows I have indeed played. I even played them both again, and even though desktop osu! shows two scores now, my online Recently Played page still doesn't show any evidence of them at all.

Here they are in desktop osu!:

So... I've played them, and desktop osu! knows it... so why don't the online records agree?

Thanks for your help, guys! <3
Stefan
Well, I have absolutely no idea. I just tried both beatmaps you were pointing out and I have a online rank on them (both, profile and in-game).

tried to play other difficulties of these beatmaps? Else, we've got to see if other users do have the same problem.
Topic Starter
Haiiro-Chan96

Stefan wrote:

tried to play other difficulties of these beatmaps?

I gave that a try, and the same thing happened - Desktop osu! says I've played them, but no response online. Anything else I should try?
Yomawaru
It is strange that the heart icon signifying the beatmaps' ranked status isn't shown in the upper left (like this). Does it show on the other beatmaps that worked? Have you tried temporarily switching over to a scoreboard type other than "Local Ranking"? Scores might not submit online if there isn't a heart or flame icon in the top left, and switching scoreboards might fix the absence thereof. Try playing them again if you manage to make it appear.
Topic Starter
Haiiro-Chan96

Yomawaru wrote:

It is strange that the heart icon signifying the beatmaps' ranked status isn't shown in the upper left ...
Have you tried temporarily switching over to a scoreboard type other than "Local Ranking"?
YES! That did it! Although both maps didn't have the heart, Black Rock Shooter was submitted to the global scores, whereas Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari not only wasn't submitted to global, but when I came back to it, it acted like I had never played it at all (Black Rock Shooter said I'd gotten a B and a listed my score). After replaying Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari on the Global board, I immediately unlocked the achievement.

Case closed! Thanks so much for your help, everyone, I really appreciate it! <3 Now, onto the next pack!
Stefan
Phew, I was already afraid I messed up something. again. Glad to see you could unlock them. :D
Topic Starter
Haiiro-Chan96
No, I guess it was just some strange problem I'll need to look out for - I had the same problem about five times in packs 3 and 4, but once I knew what to look for, I was able to find the songs in question, play them again until it showed that I had a score in Global, and then I got the achievements - now I have all four! Ahh I wonder which to do next... Rhythm Game, Video Game, or Internet?

Thanks awfully for the fun packs, Stefan, and to all of you for your help ^^