forum

Aus/NZ osu!standard Tournament 3

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Registrations have now closed, all the information for the tournament and round 1 will be coming out on dates specified on the main forum post. The tournament will kick off on Friday the 15th July.
jacargon
Hey,
I have to pull out unfortunately, I'm moving house and I don't know when internet will be connected at my new place so can't guarantee I'll be able to compete :(

Sorry Emerald, good luck with the tournament and all those competing as well!
Tedda
Totoki
I wonder who's doing the map pools and I pray it's good :^)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Tokichii wrote:

I wonder who's doing the map pools and I pray it's good :^)
It'll be me doing the map pool, sorry to disappoint.
Euphoric
Where do we find the Bracket?
Siroku5150
what does low seed no seed mean in the image
Euphoric
How do the brackets work?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Ok, so this tournament is going to work like this:
Because there is more than 64 players and less than 128 (There are 88 in total), the top 24 players in terms of pp have automatically qualified for the main bracket. Everyone else is seeded in terms of their pp, the top seed is top 16, high seed is next 16, low seed is next 16 and no seed is last 16 players. The top 5 players in each group will qualify which means there are 40 qualified people in total. Then there will be a standard single elimination bracket with the remaining 64 players.
CeilingWaffle

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The top 5 players in each group will qualify which means there are 40 qualified people in total.
How is the fifth player determined, since there are only four matches per group? The loser with the highest number of wins? Like if one loser gets 3/7 wins in their match, and all other losers get 2/7 or lower, the 3/7 loser becomes the 5th of the top 5?
Icyteru
Is there any place we can bet on the matches?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Icyteru wrote:

Is there any place we can bet on the matches?
There will be no official betting organised by anzt3 staff but there's nothing stopping you from privately betting.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

CeilingWaffle wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The top 5 players in each group will qualify which means there are 40 qualified people in total.
How is the fifth player determined, since there are only four matches per group? The loser with the highest number of wins? Like if one loser gets 3/7 wins in their match, and all other losers get 2/7 or lower, the 3/7 loser becomes the 5th of the top 5?
Qualifying Rules are as follows in order:
1. Match Wins
2. Map Wins
3. Map Difference
4. If it comes to 4 there will be a best of 1 map I guess.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Map pool is now out~
Euphoric
Still cant get my head around how this bracket works :/
TheJimnebob

Udyr wrote:

Still cant get my head around how this bracket works :/
Ok. So you're in group D, in the low seed. There are 4 different seeds (Top, High, Low and No) with 2 people in each seed. The "Top" seed has the 2 people with the highest ranks in your group. The "High" seed has the 3rd and 4th, and so on. You are in the "Low" seed, so that means out of the 8 people in your group, you are the 5th or 6th highest rank on your group.

Since you are in the "Low" seed, you will play 3 games. One with a Top seed player, one with a High seed player and one with a No seed player. This system is used for big tournaments to prevent the best teams from knocking each other out early on, which means that the final games will be much more close and exciting.

If you get in the top 5 of your Group, you will qualify for the main tournament with the 40 people who qualified through the group stage, and the 24 people who automatically qualified, making 64 people total.

(Sorry if this is a bad explanation)
I Will Tablet
Rip anyone who'll have to vs me since I'll have to try reschedule for night time :S
Lagel
how does this work
also if this is after the holidays can i withdraw
i'm quiting once the term starts
Diony

Lagel wrote:

how does this work
See the above replies to the post, EmeraldStar82 already explained how the first stage is working.

The tourney will be continuing after New Zealand and Australian holidays (1 week difference) but matches will be scheduled on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.

Also, you can forfeit after the match schedule is out, that way you get to see if you really cant make the time. Unless you have other motives for quitting after the holidays.
Lagel

Dionysaw wrote:

Lagel wrote:

how does this work
See the above replies to the post, EmeraldStar82 already explained how the first stage is working.

The tourney will be continuing after New Zealand and Australian holidays (1 week difference) but matches will be scheduled on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.

Also, you can forfeit after the match schedule is out, that way you get to see if you really cant make the time. Unless you have other motives for quitting after the holidays.
i can either keep playing to keep what "skill" i have left and then stop for the tourney or stop now, that's why i'm wondering
CeilingWaffle
Is the tie breaker map no mod or free mod?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

CeilingWaffle wrote:

No mod
TheJimnebob

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

CeilingWaffle wrote:

No mod
:/ I don't like that rule.
Meli
LUL gg me already lost before i've played
CeilingWaffle
Can you explain how tie breaks work? For example, if both players are tied at 3-3, I'm assuming the tie breaker map is automatically chosen as the 7th and final map to be played?
Diony

CeilingWaffle wrote:

Can you explain how tie breaks work? For example, if both players are tied at 3-3, I'm assuming the tie breaker map is automatically chosen as the 7th and final map to be played?
That's correct.
Euphoric
Hey i have work on saturday night, if i could be moved back or foward to friday or early saturday or sunday, that would be awesome :)
Diony

Udyr wrote:

Hey i have work on saturday night, if i could be moved back or foward to friday or early saturday or sunday, that would be awesome :)

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

General Rules:
  1. If the need of a reschedule occurs, please consult your opponent to work out a better time before contacting a member of staff. If a match is rescheduled, it is unlikely that the match will be streamed.
When choosing a time, please attempt to keep it near other matches and make sure both your opponents and yourself have atleast an hour before their next matches.
Meli
Looking at the match schedule, does it mean im vsing "fizim" and im playing at 10:30pm on friday?
Siroku5150
what difficulty will we be playing in the match
Siroku5150
wtf my opponents are like way better than me
Bauxe

RyShiroku wrote:

Yes, because you are no seed.
Lagel

Bauxe wrote:

RyShiroku wrote:

What does that even mean?
Edit: nvm i read that other guys post
Bauxe

Lagel wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_(sports)
TheJimnebob

Bauxe wrote:

RyShiroku wrote:

Edit: nvm i read that other guys post
Yay, At least someone understood it.
Siroku5150

Bauxe wrote:

RyShiroku wrote:

i feel sad
ithgyu
Did you honestly expect as a rank 100k to come in and fuck shit up...
Euphoric

II Jelli II wrote:

That's not very nice. You take that back right now mister man!
MaltyCrab
What does it mean when it says "Any warmup map may be no longer than 5 minutes and must be submitted"?
does that mean we send you the map or do we just put it up like a normal multi?
Lagel

II Jelli II wrote:

Are you telling me i can't have a days playtime and be better than everyone else? Well i'll be damned.
show more