forum

DragonForce - Scars of Yesterday [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chromoxx
idk how the wrong timestamp got pasted for that one section.
basically the same thing i wrote still applies, it's about the section from 06:59:434 - .
i'd suggest adding notes on spots like 06:59:884 - 07:00:334 - 07:00:634 - etc for buildup, since the break doesn't really build up much here imo and there's still plenty going on in the song.
Topic Starter
Mew

Chromoxx wrote:

idk how the wrong timestamp got pasted for that one section.
basically the same thing i wrote still applies, it's about the section from 06:59:434 - .
i'd suggest adding notes on spots like 06:59:884 - 07:00:334 - 07:00:634 - etc for buildup, since the break doesn't really build up much here imo and there's still plenty going on in the song.
I get what you're saying and I've thought about this before myself, however I think the short break is more justified than forcing in a bunch of notes here that follow a rhythm that isn't seen anywhere else in the map. It's also supposed to act as a way for players to both catch their breath after the dense solo and to prepare for the speed-up in the final stretch of the song.
Chromoxx
last recheck
04:51:184 - you can add a note here since there's a noticable guitar hit here as opposed to 04:48:784 -

some of your reasons for keeping the breaks don't really feel very solid to me but it's not a big problem for me in the first place so i'm fine with you leaving it that way.

was gonna suggest changing the map to OD7 because of notelock but then i realized it was already OD7 lol. I'd suggest maybe changing it to something even higher like 7.5 or so to be honest, since when playing it notelock was a serious problem.

rest should be fine tbh
Topic Starter
Mew

Chromoxx wrote:

last recheck
04:51:184 - you can add a note here since there's a noticable guitar hit here as opposed to 04:48:784 - fixed

some of your reasons for keeping the breaks don't really feel very solid to me but it's not a big problem for me in the first place so i'm fine with you leaving it that way. added notes there after all :v

was gonna suggest changing the map to OD7 because of notelock but then i realized it was already OD7 lol. I'd suggest maybe changing it to something even higher like 7.5 or so to be honest, since when playing it notelock was a serious problem. alright, let's try it out

rest should be fine tbh
Chromoxx
fixed some other stuff including SVs in irc, also persuaded mew to add notes for the first break i pointed out after all.

If this gets popped i'm never touching Dragonforce again lmao...

Bubbled!
zigizigiefe
Gratz dude :) but i think there are still some problems and mistakes :/

Chromoxx wrote:

If this gets popped i'm never touching Dragonforce again lmao...
plz chromo :o
mangomizer
Eh why not, I'll shoot a star.
zigizigiefe
we're waitin' for second bub
Nwolf
rhythm improvements in kiais and some other spots, other small changes. Discord log can be offered on request.

zigizigiefe
rank incoming?
Raiden
kinda sad that you didn't map the guitar at the beginning but that's just me being biased :(

00:57:034 (282,283,284,285,286,287,288,289,290,291,292,293) - this offhand pattern sounds pretty clunky, I'd recommend instead increasing the kat note count here to reflect higher pitch, something along the lines of this:

02:10:234 - 05:28:234 - and 07:04:234 - definitely need kiai

03:39:034 (1845) - until 03:40:084 - substitute for a spinner for the guitar tremolo

04:23:434 (2263) - Finisher? Has a subtle yet noticeable crash

07:45:034 - expected them fast, but not that fast. Maybe make it 1,5x at least, so people don't get too frustrated missing the last 3 notes

05:13:834 - WOW NICE COPYPASTE PLAGIARISM PLAGIARMIASFMAIFMAIFSNAFINA

06:02:734 (2990,2991,2992,2993) - this pattern doesn't seem to fit the overall tone you've been using till now, try 06:02:884 (2992) - making this a don

06:16:234 - oh my god i didn't think about making this a full stream :psy: kudos to you
zigizigiefe
I wanna give a suggestion before qualify

You should use custom hitsounds for intro part (e.g:cymbal sounds for kat) sounds better :)
Topic Starter
Mew

Raiden wrote:

kinda sad that you didn't map the guitar at the beginning but that's just me being biased :( Blame Herman Li for making the guitar too crazy for an intro :(

00:57:034 (282,283,284,285,286,287,288,289,290,291,292,293) - this offhand pattern sounds pretty clunky, I'd recommend instead increasing the kat note count here to reflect higher pitch, something along the lines of this: Basically applied your kat-triplet suggestions, but shifted it 2 ticks to the right since I want to keep the blue ticks after the white ticks as dons

02:10:234 - 05:28:234 - and 07:04:234 - definitely need kiai Really? I think there's other sections that would even deserve kiai more than this one since I think the kiais at 02:19:834 - 03:49:834 - and 07:13:834 - do a good job at representing the song picking up the intensity again

03:39:034 (1845) - until 03:40:084 - substitute for a spinner for the guitar tremolo Deleted 03:38:959 (1843) - and used a slider instead which I think works just a bit better

04:23:434 (2263) - Finisher? Has a subtle yet noticeable crash Yeah

07:45:034 - expected them fast, but not that fast. Maybe make it 1,5x at least, so people don't get too frustrated missing the last 3 notes Changed

05:13:834 - WOW NICE COPYPASTE PLAGIARISM PLAGIARMIASFMAIFMAIFSNAFINA Uhmmm, I'll have you know that I mapped this long before you even submitted yours, so I'll see you in court, pal :^^^^^)

06:02:734 (2990,2991,2992,2993) - this pattern doesn't seem to fit the overall tone you've been using till now, try 06:02:884 (2992) - making this a don Sounds good

06:16:234 - oh my god i didn't think about making this a full stream :psy: kudos to you And 2 kudos to you
Thanks for the mapcheck, greatly appreciate it! :)

zigizigiefe wrote:

I wanna give a suggestion before qualify

You should use custom hitsounds for intro part (e.g:cymbal sounds for kat) sounds better :) I don't really wanna change something fundamental like that this late into the process.. also I would have to have someone make them for me since I don't know how to make proper hitsounds, let alone how to make them rankable.. maybe next time :(
Raiden
at least make the guitar solo a kiai :( plslpsplsplsplslps

also respond to zigi otherwise i can't qualify this
Topic Starter
Mew

Raiden wrote:

at least make the guitar solo a kiai :( plslpsplsplsplslps okokok i did D:

also respond to zigi otherwise i can't qualify this oh right, my bad.. I'll edit my previous post
Raiden
generic dragonforce song with a slightly different guitar solo than another one
zigizigiefe
another one.....gratz mew ♥
xEchoAlertx
Is the SV increase at the end really necessary? Whenever there are isolated finishers that occur after waiting around a few measures, in high-SV passages -- well, I can't stand that sort of thing. I imagine other HR players would have similar gripes. Hell, that SV is already extremely high for the ending streams.

Extremely fun map, otherwise! This is definitely one of my favorite of the Dragonforce maps. Every part of the map is entertaining, not just the solo!
Surono
heyy, Im sunroo.

gratz tatzujin thx mr zmm
Chromoxx
Gratz, well deserved qualified map!

:D