forum

Why got pokemon removed from the TVs on Turkey?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tornado
Soo first of all I was a pokemon fan;untill 6 years ago and a while ago I chatted with a random guy and discussed about Pokemon.He asked me about why Turkey hasnt much pokemon fans or any kind of thing related pokemon in Turkey at all.I explained him already but.....

Im so bored and extremely hungry soo Im posting it here just incase for people who dont know why (I wonder if there is anyone who wonder why).If u dont care just leave this thread

Please leave this thread.Just leave.Just leave.Go away and please eat-drink for me just leave.

So first of all; all turkish young people who were a child on 90s,knows pokemon really good till the end of 2nd generation.

Memories..... as though It was 2002-2003; we have been even playing with Pokemon Taso"s for long hours a day on summer.I was still living on Austria on that time so Idk if kids actually played sooo long hours a day on winter times too.I dont remember kids were playing with Taso"s after that year.I think my childhood friend still keeps his Taso collection on his room :D

Pokemon became famous on 90s and in the beginning of the Milenium; sooo new episodes for the TV got translated,pokemon games were ordered from other countries and just like any other Country; Turkey had a great pokemon fanbase.

Everything was going well till.........

On 2007; a turkish tv channel was publishing old episodes of Pokemon.It might be old episodes but since new generation kids are growing up,it would be cooler if they feel our childhoods :D.But not any tv channel company or any 90s kid has expected that the new generation kids could be THAT much idiots.

On 2007,a kid was watching pokemon and he thought himself a Pikachu and attempted to Fly from the 4th floor of the apartment.The kid didnt die,but he was hurt very badly and got sent to the hospital.After that,many newspaper companies wrote THIS on the titles:

Cartoons are dangerous for the brains of little kids and lets the kids attempt suiciding.
*Useless texts*Useless texts*Useless texts*More Useless texts*
Pika pika pi!Pika Pikachuuuu!
RTUK will remove some cartoons from the TV

Dear media.Im pretty sure all of you Media members have grown up with Pokemon too.Im pretty sure you all played with Taso"s as though you are old or young.Because playing with them was a jam.You all love pokemon and all of you know that A GODDAMN PIKACHU CANT FLY,THAT KID WAS MENTALLY CHALLANGED AND YOU KNOW THAT.WHY WERENT YOU HONEST BY WRITING THE TITLE OF THE NEWS?

After that newspaper drama,RTUK has removed some cartoons from the TV (Pokemon,Sonic,they even removed Cedric.)

RTUK logic is; Pokemon,Sonic and Cedric washes the brains of the kids and gets removed from the TV.What do kids nowadays watch on the tv?

I wanted to learn the answer myself,so 2 years ago I was in the house of my newphie and checked what this little kid watching on the TV.My brain got washed after I watched for a few minutes and I literally wanted to kill myself.It is too much for kids.I dont mind if a person would think Pokemon is bad or good it doesnt matter,it is completely optional;but those new cartoons are EVEN MORE CANCER THAN Scarlet Rose.

I think the gameboy,DS pokemon games didnt get removed from Turkey; but I dont think they sell them often.
Also,pokemon didnt got removed from turkish anime websites (Thank god the internet didnt get touched) If a turk wants to watch pokemon episodes on turkish; he can find Turkish Dub till the end of 2nd generation (Misty and Ash).The episodes since May and Ash has only turkish subtitles from an english dubbed episode.But I dont think all the episodes got translated yet.If I had the chanche; I would put effort to help the translation.Well at least when I get motivation :P

I am not a pokemon fan anymore cuz the new pokemon gens are looking so silly in my opinion.But loosing an upcoming fanbase makes me sad.

Also,there is not any turkish pokemon games walkthrough channel.There are countless categories on youtube and all categories has its native language videos but I only saw a few Turkish Pokemon Parody videos (they were made before Youtube) and only 2 Pokemon videos like; "Pokemon theories" for having attention on the channel (That channel got inactive due several reasons)

This is the story and drama from pokemon on Turkey.Nowaday people on Turkey thinks that Pokemon is over forever but they dont know that it has over 900 episodes already.The last time I checked it 2 years ago it had 911 episodes and I dont know how much episodes are now.But after all,Pokemon got forgotten.Maybe because; people had to get reminded from the TVs about pokemon.Or maybe no one wanted to remind people; why pokemon got removed.

What is that idiot kid doing right now? He is alive.Why is he even living,why didnt he just die there?He became a highschool student and months he sayed that he didnt regret jumping from the window.Omg I want to kill him.

And the worst one from all is; THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.IM NOT LYING THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED

WOW WOW WOW did you actually read all this text? If you really did; Im congratulating your patience and feel happy for wasting your time in here rather than checking other notlogical topics.Cuz I dont think this topic is really that bad.Ehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Oh and remember; A PIKACHU CANNOT FLY AS SOON AS YOU DONT USE EMULATOR CHEATS ON A POKEMON GAME GODDAMMIT

Edits: Added some more infos.Also I feel kinda a happy cuz this thread became noticable :3
Razzy
ah, so the Pokémon hysteria just hit Turkey 7-10 years after American news was blaming it for bad behavior and a bunch of televangelists were calling it the work of Satan

I mean, other countries have banned it for even more ridiculous reasons -- Saudi Arabia believed that it was a Zionist tool and that the word "Pokémon" meant "I am Jewish" in Japanese
Zain Sugieres
Give tldr
Rurree

Teffammie Maye wrote:

ah, so the Pokémon hysteria just hit Turkey 7-10 years after American news was blaming it for bad behavior and a bunch of televangelists were calling it the work of Satan

I mean, other countries have banned it for even more ridiculous reasons -- Saudi Arabia believed that it was a Zionist tool and that the word "Pokémon" meant "I am Jewish" in Japanese
is that serious or are you just playing
Razzy

Rurree wrote:

Teffammie Maye wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... ontroversy
FuZ
very interesting
Rilene
who the fuck thinks pikachu the electric mouse can fly?
but after proof reading, how can watching cartoon triggers suicidal behavior?
Rurree

Teffammie Maye wrote:

Rurree wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... ontroversy
Amusing.
_handholding

Rilene wrote:

there is a top kek to be made from that, sadly im not witty enough to come up with it
Yuudachi-kun
Something about anime - frolski
Shohei Ohtani
yeah but honestly turkey shouldn't even exist so
roshan117
This is why I hate countries controlling media

I mean if someone like shows brutal torture on live TV, by all means censor it

But if some dumb kid decides to jump out of a window, that's his fault. Not the show's fault

It's kinda like America and the violent video games controversy
Hibiya-chan
I still believe on a pikachu that can learn surf but c'mon? fly? (Nvm maybe they're special event moves for pikachu). Still, it only happens in the games and not in the TV series.

Tornado wrote:

What is that idiot kid doing right now? He is alive.Why is he even live,why didnt u just die there?He became a highschool student and he sayed that he didnt regret jumping from the window.Omg I want to kill him.
Makes me wanna kill him too, much more if that's his pride taking over. Now the children of turkey won't get to experience an awesome childhood with pokemon. (Maybe not coz they can still use the internet. Thank God)
Razzy

Rilene wrote:

The same way subliminal/backwards messages in music cause people to Hail Satan... aka it doesn't. People just want to look for an easy scapegoat.
piruchan
I'm not into Pokemon, but last time I saw Pikachu it doesn't have wings, or anything that resembles wings.

This reminds of a similar case in Indonesia. Professional wrestling is banned from airing on free television channels because when I was a kid some stupid people around my age decided to copy the move on untrained people on floors, and real tables.

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Give tldr
Stupid kid ruins the fun for everyone else because he couldn't differentiate fiction and reality.
Rilene

piruchan wrote:

This reminds of a similar case in Indonesia. Professional wrestling is banned from airing on free television channels because when I was a kid some stupid people around my age decided to copy the move on untrained people on floors, and real tables.
Stupid people ruins for all, this is why people should take the age warning seriously if it exists, or at least watch with basic caution knowledges.

Teffammie Maye wrote:

The same way subliminal/backwards messages in music cause people to Hail Satan... aka it doesn't. People just want to look for an easy scapegoat.
What? That type of message causes that?
Stefan
Turkey is pretty sensible for such things, as you may know from the news and bla bla bla

it's similar to the controversy about the symbol in Zelda Ocarina of Time, idk how to call that rn. Anyways, people needs to complain about shit. Even if they're years too late.
Ephemeral
i can't actually give opinions on things because you know, staff and everything but

i had a good laugh at turkey and sensible appearing in the same sentence

no offense but ataturk is probably rolling in his grave right now
Shohei Ohtani
honestly ima let you know you could probably say anything and people wouldn't get mad like lmfao I've seen peppy say some crazy ass shit and he hasn't been assassinated yet so
ColdTooth

Tornado wrote:

On 2007,a kid was watching pokemon and he thought himself a Pikachu and attempted to Fly from the 4th floor of the apartment.The kid didnt die,but he was hurt very badly and got sent to the hospital.After that,many newspaper companies wrote THIS on the titles:

Cartoons are dangerous for the brains of little kids and lets the kids attempt suiciding.
That's not suicidal behavior, that's just pure stupidity.

No offense.
Hibiya-chan

ColdTooth wrote:

Tornado wrote:

That's not suicidal behavior, that's just pure stupidity.

No offense.
True.
Rilene
And blaming the media is their solution.
DeletedUser_6709840
Media censorship is often cancerous to the growth of a society, imo.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
lol middle east tv stations

glad i live in a real country xD xD xD
roshan117

Fser wrote:

lol middle east tv stations

glad i live in a real country xD xD xD
it wont be a real country by the end of the year lmao
fat pear
he probably mistook pikachu for emolga. smh gen 5 noob
Hibiya-chan

microism wrote:

That makes sense.

Gen 5 is worst gen hue
Razzy

_StormEx_ wrote:

microism wrote:

That makes sense.

Gen 5 is worst gen hue
you fuck >:1

also this happened before gen 5 /jokekilled
Yuudachi-kun
Gen2 was the best gen
FuZ
you spelled gen1 wrong
Yuudachi-kun

FuZ wrote:

you spelled gen1 wrong
No I didn't.

The gen1 games were unpolished trash
Razzy
I would've liked Gen4 a lot more if it didn't take such a long time to save/surf/spawn something on the honey trees

HGSS is my favorite Pokemon game
Hibiya-chan
Gen1 and Gen3 are best Gens

Khelly wrote:

FuZ wrote:

you spelled gen1 wrong
No I didn't.

The gen1 games were unpolished trash
The pokemons on Gen1 was the best. Same for Gen3. While Gen4 had the best legendaries.
Razzy

_StormEx_ wrote:

The pokemos on Gen1 was the best. Same for Gen3.
how dare you, Gen5's "shitty" designs are miles better than Gen1's "shitty" designs

Gen3 is good tho
show more