Huion 420 > Wacom CTL480 ??

posted
Total Posts
10
Topic Starter
Neonwolf
I heard a lot about how great Wacom tablet are so I went ahead and purchased one for myself. I like the size more so I don't have to lean my hand onto my tablet at an awkward angle. I did find that the Wacom tablet was super buggy and "choppy". I felt that my cursor had enter the 60hz dimensions (lol). I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but I just couldn't seem to figure out why it just didn't feel smooth. I wasn't allowed to turn on "Raw Input" because, I would only be able to use half my screen. I also couldn't find a way to convert my "sensitivity". I tried to match them closely. If you guys have any suggestions or arguments why the CTL480 is better, please do. I feel like I just dumped cash on a worthless piece of junk. The only upside is the super small pen and ability to draw 30x better.
Dre-
You don't need raw input for tablet actually I would leave it off it makes the latency go up. also check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s
Topic Starter
Neonwolf

Write wrote:

You don't need raw input for tablet actually I would leave it off it makes the latency go up. also check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s
I don't think I had any latency issues. Maybe I could try and see though. Thanks ^_^

(Happystick ;-; )
Dre-
yea but for people like me where every millisecond counts. also whats wrong with happystick xd?
Dexus
XP-Pen G430

Raw input doesn't introduce lag.

If you change some settings or hardware just keep at it, you'll cope with the change eventually.
Topic Starter
Neonwolf

Dexus wrote:

XP-Pen G430

Raw input doesn't introduce lag.

If you change some settings or hardware just keep at it, you'll cope with the change eventually.
Would it be worth is in the long run? Versus my H420?
Dexus
Pros: It has a pen that doesn't use a battery, has a decent polling rate compared to wacom tablets and is similar to the H420 in a sense, shorter/flatter tablet that can be more comfortable for you to rest your hand for how small it is (I feel the 420 is a bit tall for how small it is making it uncomfortable to play with), the area is perfectly usable for what it is and it's a low cost tablet

Cons: the drivers may be a bit buggy as it's a somewhat new product and the fact you'd have to buy another tablet.

You can honestly stick with your huion 420 as it's a tablet and does it's job, but it wouldn't hurt to try other options if you're willing.
The Gambler
It you want a relatively larger area, I do suggest you go Wacom as the Huions are pretty small in terms or area.
Topic Starter
Neonwolf

Dexus wrote:

Pros: It has a pen that doesn't use a battery, has a decent polling rate compared to wacom tablets and is similar to the H420 in a sense, shorter/flatter tablet that can be more comfortable for you to rest your hand for how small it is (I feel the 420 is a bit tall for how small it is making it uncomfortable to play with), the area is perfectly usable for what it is and it's a low cost tablet

Cons: the drivers may be a bit buggy as it's a somewhat new product and the fact you'd have to buy another tablet.

You can honestly stick with your huion 420 as it's a tablet and does it's job, but it wouldn't hurt to try other options if you're willing.
I purchased one, best decision ever tbh. Thanks for introducing me to this tablet brand! I'd give it a 10/10
Sayorie
Please sign in to reply.

New reply