forum

sakuraburst - cherry blossoms explode across the dying horiz

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shiirn
i actually did to be honest. Also Ever17 was one of my first reads and def top 10 in my favorite stories of all time

the fact that the entire fuckign plot was only adequately explained in an obscure bad ending pissed the ever living shit out of me

i'll never(7 hahaha) forget how fucking confused i was when the nadeshiko bitch holding the baby suddenly went fucking all berserker and then the story just fucking ENDED on the first playthrough

btw spoilers

I've read pretty much every single english visual novel worth reading (and a bunch that aren't, tbh) Check out them votes fam, 50 votes per page, 260 votes total.
Natteke desu
can you suggest me sum shit with really good twist what make me feel mindfucked?
Topic Starter
Shiirn
If you haven't read Sharin no Kuni - Himawari no Shoujo, it's got one or two really, really, really good twist(s), but otherwise it's a bit plain

Root Double is basically Ever17 except more modern and with a less psuedo-science bullshit theme (In that it's a lot more obvious that it's psuedo-science bullshit and doesn't try to pretend it's realistic like ever17 does) and has a pretty twist-filled plot (Although you start to expect the twists)

Steins;Gate doesn't really have many major twists, at least, they're more "holy shit it got worse" moments rather than "how did i not notice all this foreshadowing" twisting

And of course you can't forget Umineko, which is basically twist town. but you don't go into multi-million word stories just because you want "sum good shit", umineko takes some dedication to get through.

Little Busters! has a couple major twists but they're somewhat spoiled by the fact that they're basically the "It was His Sled" type of spoilers - if you see any sort of discussion about the story at all, you'll run into a spoiler. And also from KEY, Rewrite has some good ones. I literally almost threw up during Kotori's route because that shit was just disturbing.

There are a few more i'm sure but that's most of the good ones off the top of my head.

And to keep shit on topic, I've gone over the slow bits near the beginning and added/fixed up some hitsounding and aesthetic oversights. Real tiny shit.
Natteke desu
thanks dud
Piine
first time seeing vn advice in a beatmap topic
Topic Starter
Shiirn
hit me up if u want any vn advice fam
BlueberrySansy
03:35:326 - 03:50:518 - I don't want to say this but; am I the only one who thinks that this part sounds like Lugia's Song on Pokemon?
Izzywing

BlueberrySansy wrote:

03:35:326 - 03:50:518 - I don't want to say this but; am I the only one who thinks that this part sounds like Lugia's Song on Pokemon?
its because it is
Yunomi
neat map :P

just kidding lol. storyboard is nice, map looks like my dead grandma
Rizen
Took me quicker than expected (one hour weeeeee)

Original --> http://puu.sh/qWgTp/225cd230ca.txt

With Hitbursts removed, ambient colors fixed (matching combo colours) --> http://puu.sh/qWhnv/cfc2f6eb33.txt

^ with 0.66 transparency --> http://puu.sh/qWhlg/24aaab47d6.txt

^ with 0.33 transparency --> http://puu.sh/qWhoC/bc0ebea7c0.txt

If there's a different level of transparency you would like, be sure to message me :P

chatlog.txt
01:31 Rizen: hmmm... tell me exactly what you want deleted/modified and i'll try my best to do it
01:31 Shiirn: like
01:31 Rizen: but don't expect anything great ;-;
01:32 Shiirn: from 01:13:980 - to 02:02:826 - i want to get rid of the hitbursts entirely as they're really amateur and look like ass incomplete
01:32 Shiirn: 01:27:057 - i want to change the colors of these from red back to the blue-ish to fit the combos
01:33 Shiirn: other than that nothing really
01:33 Rizen: [http://puu.sh/qWdGN/6811d71688.jpg the red, the blue or both?]
01:33 Rizen: (to remove)
01:33 Shiirn: maybe make the floating glow.pngs during the 01:13:980 - to01:32:633 - section to be less "defined" (put some transparency on them?)
01:33 Shiirn: both
01:34 Rizen: ok, i'll try my best to do that
01:34 Shiirn: ;w;
01:34 Shiirn: YOU GET CREDIT AND TAGS
01:34 *Shiirn runs
01:36 Rizen: there's no easy way for me to do this since I don't know the structure of this .osb file
01:36 Shiirn: yeah, i know....
01:36 Rizen: may take me like half a day to find and delete each individual glow.png
01:36 Shiirn: i'm sorry.... nephroid just abandoned the game
01:36 Shiirn: ._.
01:40 Rizen: did you say from a reddish colour to a blueish one?
01:40 Shiirn: like
01:40 Shiirn: in that section
01:40 Shiirn: see how the color fits the combo color?
01:40 Shiirn: 01:27:057 (3) - used to have a new combo and was red but that was obviously inconsistent with the rest so it was changed like forever ago
01:41 Shiirn: but nephroid was gone so i couldnt change the sb
01:41 Rizen: ok
01:41 Rizen: do you want the exact shade of blue as the combo colours?
01:41 Shiirn: rgb? hex?
01:42 Rizen: I can take the rgb from the .osu file
01:42 Shiirn: 116,165,216
01:42 Shiirn: i think
01:42 Shiirn: is what it uses
01:42 Rizen: 118,165,216
01:42 Rizen: close :L
01:43 Rizen: oh, before I change it
01:44 Rizen: I noticed that 01:26:287 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the combo is 6 objects long
01:44 Rizen: while others are 3
01:44 Shiirn: so?
01:44 Rizen: is the correct? (before I attempt changes
01:44 Shiirn: that's normal
01:44 Rizen: kk
01:44 Rizen: just checking
01:44 Shiirn: the other two dont have notes after them
01:44 Shiirn: xP
01:45 Shiirn: another person i asked for helped just asked me if i wanted to just get rid of all of the ambient lighting as well, "it'd be faster"
01:45 Shiirn: and i was like
01:45 Shiirn: "if i wanted to get rid of glow.png entirely, i could do that myself"
01:45 Shiirn: e_e
01:46 Rizen: ayy
01:50 Rizen: oh, about the ambient lighting
01:51 Shiirn: yaa
01:51 Rizen: did you recently remove combos at 01:20:903 (3) - as well?
01:51 Rizen: along with 01:27:057 (3) -
01:51 Shiirn: maybe
01:51 Shiirn: purple->pink yah
01:51 Shiirn: i thinkso
01:51 Rizen: kk
01:52 Rizen: I'm slightly colourblind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
01:52 Shiirn: lo
Topic Starter
Shiirn
Thanks a ton, Rizen!
gracefu

Topic Starter
Shiirn
thanks for your valued input
Topic Starter
Shiirn
buzzes have been removed
strickluke

Shiirn wrote:

buzzes have been removed
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN ✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋
Spaghetti
lets try this again

Izzz
if you still have the old version could you add a download link so people can get it?
Topic Starter
Shiirn
i have backups for the explicit purpose of restoring them if told by acting QAT (and no I won't eat that line of utter horse shit that it's "reactive not active" because I know this would be active'd the fuck out by certain QAT/BNs) that they will not DQ over said sliders as i don't want to be lead by the fucking nose, get this qualified, only for a QAT to "regretably" have to DQ days into it. This way there's no reason to DQ except actual issues.
Sieg
alright, seems that there are no unrankable sliders anymore
also sliderend 03:27:890 (1) moved

Side
tbh fuck rules :(
Topic Starter
Shiirn
tbh fuck people who let personal grudges taint their actions towards people's maps
Endaris
o come one, really...aside from the one burai-shape the wiggles were cool
and yes i say wiggles because that rule explicitly allows the use of additional nodes to create wiggles. The sliders are not "scrunched up", as the nodes have clear concept and direction and as such produce a smooth one-directional slidermovement (the ball is not going crazy).
Also AImod doesn't point out the sliders in their original state so I would claim that the rule doesn't apply here as it is explicitly stated that AImod should be checked to decide when unsure about a slider.

tl;dr
whatever happens, pack the nodes at least as tight as 00:42:915 (1) - in Roze, there's an awful lot of room in there atm so that not even a noticeable wiggle is achieved in most cases.
And
If you wanna nazi with rules, nazi them right. When a stupidly old rule has a stupidly old KO-criterium then it should be used as long as the rule is used.
Liiraye
QUALIFICATION NOTICE!

THE COMMUNITY HAS RAISED AWARENESS TOWARDS BRINGING BACK THE SQUIGGLY SLIDERS IN THIS MAPSET.
IF OUR DESIRES ARE NOT MET, WE SHALL COMMENCE THE RIOT.

SIGNED,
THE COMMUNITY
Topic Starter
Shiirn
get irreversible to qualify it with them and i'll re-add the sliders

as it stands I have no interest in requalifying this map and needing to deal with needing to kiss ass, say the same shit over and over again, or pray to my local deity to let this go unharassed. It's also basically impossible to re-qualify with most BNs being pointlessly afraid of the sliders to begin with

so fuck the police

EDIT:

PS: nuke empress
Spaghetti
if you thought the sliders should stay it would've made a hell of a lot more contribution if you guys spoke up earlier..
Sharu
Omfg sb is so niiice
Liiraye

Spaghetti wrote:

if you thought the sliders should stay it would've made a hell of a lot more contribution if you guys spoke up earlier..

TIL ranking criteria can be ignored if 5 randoms disagree about a rule.

No dude, people should be able to think for themselves and realize the difference with these sliders (barely affecting gameplay because of low SV) and the shit peppy was referring to. This whole 'majority rules' mindset is laughable.
Spaghetti

Liiraye wrote:

Spaghetti wrote:

TIL ranking criteria can be ignored if 5 randoms disagree about a rule.

No dude, people should be able to think for themselves and realize the difference with these sliders (barely affecting gameplay because of low SV) and the shit peppy was referring to. This whole 'majority rules' mindset is laughable.
ya but when 5 ppl disagreed (it was much more than 5 tho) there wasn't nearly as many who spoke up and agreed with the sliders
Faust
I heard this was going somewhere.

Go go go.
Endaris

Spaghetti wrote:

I did mate. p/5276294
I just didn't believe back then that people would be unable to interpret the rule correctly and refer to a 3yo peppy post instead that shouldnt play a role for this map as (we learned this I guess) "each map is treated individually". If peppy shows up here and says the sliders are not okay it's a valid argument. Otherwise not.
Topic Starter
Shiirn
I mean, the fact isn't that people are so retarded as to think these sliders are a problem.

There's two major factors here, and are the only relevant reasons people have for stonewalling the choice.

1.) Setting a precedent is scary. New BNs don't want to deal with the potential drama, old BNs don't either.
2.) People dislike me 'cuz I'm a rude cunt so I don't have the good will saved up with people in control to nudge-nudge into letting me get my way.

Anyone with any reasoning beyond those two points is either absurdly narrow-minded as to think "the rules" are some deity-defined law of reality, or are stupid and should be dismissed.
Stjpa
Just fixed a NC error.

Re-qualified~
Izzz

Joezapy wrote:

if you still have the old version could you add a download link so people can get it?
Since its qualified now, please?
Chaos
rip sliders of perfection
phaZ
where are my wiggles Q_Q

Joezapy wrote:

Joezapy wrote:

Since its qualified now, please?

@Spaghetti:
there was no reason to speak up when shiirn already disagreed and nothing changed. i was happy so there was no reason to say anything :D
now tbh i really really liked it so much more before. it gave an amazing expierience while playing but now it feels so half assed~ rip
Spaghetti

phaZ wrote:

@Spaghetti:
there was no reason to speak up when shiirn already disagreed and nothing changed. i was happy so there was no reason to say anything :D
now tbh i really really liked it so much more before. it gave an amazing expierience while playing but now it feels so half assed~ rip
actually there was lol
Izzz

Spaghetti wrote:

phaZ wrote:

@Spaghetti:
actually there was lol
there's a lot less reason to argue for something when its already there than arguing against it. I mean the map wasn't even disqualified for the wiggle sliders, so the few people who actually go and check to see why something you liked was disqualified like me assumed they'd still be there once the problems irreversible brought up were fixed. sure it would've been more helpful to say something earlier, but you shouldn't expect that to happen because people can't see the future.
Luel Roseline
Finally...