forum

What's your biggest weakness in osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DakeDekaane
Squares, flashlight and squares.
Starry-
Warming up with streaming. Somedays I can go 210bpm easy, others I can't stream 175 for more than 7 notes.
theramdans
streams with HD on,
Jumps with fast AR and High bpm, especially slider jumps,
small circle with slow AR and fast sliders,
random miss+slider breaks = perfect destruction :(
Krenyez
Over 3 minutes with Flashlight
I can't do it for now :P
buny
now it's 1/4 notes after sliders

can never time them right
tolliken
Endless depression.
The harder i try --> deeper depression --> man, i suck, should try harder.
Cursed circles of suckness. :(
pkhg
double time and jumps!!!!
i can't do that!
and stream over 240 bpm
impossible!!
I suck at playing :)
Craig McNeil
my computer desk. nothing to rest my elbow on while i play, and if i rest it on the arm of my chair, my wrist feels rather stupid
Jenny
i just felt the urge to say riceballs just now

(also, my "weakness" is things that are not mapped like they should be, 1/2 sliders starting on nothing [-> almost all red ticks] for example and these are kinda common - why is it a weakness, you may ask, if I can play them all properly? because they suck and I don't want to play maps that have them :v)

beats should be where the beat in the song is, so start the sliders on them instead of ending them on there; it's wrong - you click on nothing and you release when the beat comes, what kind of sense does that make
BlackStar016
You Know In osu!mania Where You Hold One Key. And Tapping The Other One? (IDK What It's Called.. XD)

That's By Weakness...
Plus_old_1
Aim, and, naturally, jumps.
Bladestar
fast bpm's and scatter blasted notes
big black is my nightmare
Rokk
Very fast streams with tons of space between the notes. That always gets me.
Zalaria
Welp, I have discovered some new weaknesses:

-The fast spinners are still a pain >.<
-In CtB, I can't keep a combo 95% of the time (stupid slider fruits)
-Sliders are my combo breakers
-I lack precision with a mouse
-Jumps

I need more practice...
XK2238
I suck hard at acc
and yes, I'm honest and this is an unavoidable fact of me >.>
Futurola
Streams, streams and more streams. Can't stream any faster then 190 or my mouse will break.
Hula
Slow approach circles, but with a fast beat. That shit gets me hard.
Jordan
Long streams / Spaced streams ;_;
Kanye West
I can play HR. And HD. but never HD+HR.

Very frustrating.
Arnold0
AR 10, simply can't play this
Crazy fast maps, I can't even read them
1/4 Streams faster than 160BPM even if I try my best it seems 160BPM is my limit...
Small circles, too poor aim
Even if a map is on my skill range I do many shitmiss and I have to retry so many time before I can FC a song :\
Don't know how to train nicely, and for me it's looking like my skill don't increase since months.
djjsixpack
I still can't stream above 180 bpm accurately, or at all for very long.

And I get nervous easily :(
TakuMii
just switched to tablet, and because I'm a lefty I'm forced to switch hands. My right hand has absolutely no endurance whatsoever, while my left hand has perhaps 75% of the amount precision I had with my mouse. And I can't seem to decide whether to play with full area (which I calculated to be about 230dpi at my resolution) or to measure out the area to match the sensitivity of my mouse (400dpi).
Giralda
Double notes, triplets, jump streams, slider streams, AR9 and AR10, reading streams.
Streaming becomes difficult after 180 bpm, can't do under 155 bpm anymore because too slow, gg.
Hidden, DoubleTime are also my weaknesses, in terms of mods.
sightreading.

I think that's about it, I'm sure there's more...T_T
theramdans
2 circles, spaced 1/4 beats
spaced triplets ( i prefer them stacked btw)
slider jumps
slider breaks
speedy sliders
squares
1/8 streams
last spinner at the end after a tiring map
ar 10
cs 6
thats all I think for now
Onozu
awkward spacings like Kirby maps
Slider with stream and suddenly sliders sliders stream slider stre.... how to read that?
Single tap above 200bpm
Exw
Slow streams. I always use one finger if slow streams appears.
Jump. ......meh
Shiningbolt
This would be so much more useful if everyone had the ability to help the last user who posted and gave advice.
Then they would put their weakness up next for the next person or something. (Too bad it would take too much effort if you don't say "just keep playing")

I'll try it, actually.

Takamaru_17, I too have that slow stream problem, but I usually fix it in the middle of the playthrough. You just have to be decisive. You could keep trying to use one finger or use both and get used to the timing. Don't switch between the two or think about the other mid-song and you should be fine.
As for jumps...That's kind of a broad term and because of that, you'd just have to play a lot of maps to get used to a good portion of them. For more specific jumps, there are beatmaps that have mostly jumps that can get you used to the simpler stuff. I wish I could tell you how to find them, though. I kind of want to get better at jumps myself.

My biggest weakness in osu! is probably reading. A lot of songs I want to beat have odd rhythms and circle, slider, and stream positions and directions. One of the most disappointing losses for me is when I lose after messing up easy jumps just because I'm not good enough at reading it.
Blaziken
Square jumps, no matter how close together they are they always get me.
Kiriino
Slow streamer, can't singletap fast with middle finger
enik

Shiningbolt wrote:

This would be so much more useful if everyone had the ability to help the last user who posted and gave advice.
Then they would put their weakness up next for the next person or something. (Too bad it would take too much effort if you don't say "just keep playing")

I'll try it, actually.

Takamaru_17, I too have that slow stream problem, but I usually fix it in the middle of the playthrough. You just have to be decisive. You could keep trying to use one finger or use both and get used to the timing. Don't switch between the two or think about the other mid-song and you should be fine.
As for jumps...That's kind of a broad term and because of that, you'd just have to play a lot of maps to get used to a good portion of them. For more specific jumps, there are beatmaps that have mostly jumps that can get you used to the simpler stuff. I wish I could tell you how to find them, though. I kind of want to get better at jumps myself.

My biggest weakness in osu! is probably reading. A lot of songs I want to beat have odd rhythms and circle, slider, and stream positions and directions. One of the most disappointing losses for me is when I lose after messing up easy jumps just because I'm not good enough at reading it.
Think I should answer to your post since 2 people posted above might not need any help. Honestly, I never had reading problems so the only thing I can advise - try to play higher ARs than you currently used to play so you'll be more comfortable with lower ARs (same with BPM I suppose).

My weakness atm is that after fully switch from alternating to single tap I can't snap(?) at all. I can read and aim big jumps or odd patterns but sometimes I just can't hit them for some reason. For example on a jumpy map I can get 98%+ with relax but can't even do 75% without it. Could it be because those jumps are 10-20 bpm below my max single tap speed? Oh and I can't alternate them anymore even though I could before switch.
Kalas_old
actually Id made a huge improvement in streams but it still sucks... well getting better
also a big problem is when a song is really slow and then instandly goes superfast
Stoneybeans
ar10 period, and i cannot comprehend 0108 style so reading i guess
Silverboxer
Timing any kind of stream correctly. I think I can tap very fast, I just don't know how to time the taps, or how many to do in the stream. Also spinning. Sometimes I can spin 440+ but most of the time it's only ~350.
Kanye West

silverboxer wrote:

Timing any kind of stream correctly. I think I can tap very fast, I just don't know how to time the taps, or how many to do in the stream. Also spinning. Sometimes I can spin 440+ but most of the time it's only ~350.
Start very slow, maybe 110-120 bpm streams and work up. Don't singletap, alternate them. As for how many, just start with triples, then do four notes, then five, and increase them that way. Knowing how much to tap in a stream depends on your reading skill as well.
Silverboxer
Thanks, I think I will just make my own practice beatmap to help me learn streams. I'm practicing a better way to hold my stylus now, so add jumps to my list of weaknesses for now :roll:
Sherbert
Spinning XD My tablet, it's annoying because whenever I go to spin it won't spin correctly... -,-'''
Probably random jumps too, I'm a noob at Osu!standard so~ XD
Sherbert

--Lynn-- wrote:

Spinning XD My tablet, it's annoying because whenever I go to spin it won't spin correctly... -,-'''
Probably random jumps too, I'm a noob at Osu!standard so~ XD
Actually I'm pretty bad with fast streams too >< I suck at this~
Full Tablet
Streams in general.
Anti-jumps. The note just after a sequence of jumps.
Circles that suddenly break a placement pattern.
Rhythm changes.
etc...
Kyujuroku 96
Everything. That's why I play CtB
Yousoro
Long jumps :c
show more