forum

What's your biggest weakness in osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
djjsixpack
Might as well update.

Long streams higher than 150 (30-40+ note), 200 is more like 20-25 notes, 240 is 10, and so on... :(
Small circle stream maps (Vanessa on EX diff...:/
Fast patterned jumps, I either hit every one of them or none at all (Masterpiece of example, though something faster)

And maps that have really high difficulty level with really high HP drain and not a lot of notes -_-
silmarilen
AR9+ and combinations of streams and jumps and sliders. also still sucking at streams above 180 BPM
benguin
I'm new (and bad) at this game:

-STREAMS. Can't do them at all. Especially high bpm streams, long streams, highly spaced streams, streams that lead into a slider (especially if it's a fast moving slider), streams immediately following a slider, streams infused with both regular hit circles and mini sliders. I also have a problem with my mouse accuracy on really long streams, I get confused with the mess of seeing a gazillion approach circles and scorebursts that I can't even tell where my mouse is supposed to be anymore and then my streams end up looking like 300-300-300-100-100-50-x-50-x-x-x-x...x-x-x-fail
-Spinners. I use touchscreen + keyboard usually and I either barely pass spinners or miss them completely. I'm a million times better at spinners with my mouse, but I can only play up to normal/low-end-hards on my mouse. Sometimes I'll literally pause the game, grab my mouse, unpause, do the spinner with my mouse until it's completed, re-pause, get adjusted to touchscreen, re-unpause; however that only really works on long spinners. I'm also bad at short spinners in general, by the time I comprehend they are there, I miss them. I also hate single notes immediately following the spinner, especially when the single note is in the middle of the play area because then I'll usually end up confusing the spinner's approach circle with the hitcircle's approach circle.
-Really high AR and really low AR.
-Quick patterned jumps; I tend to hit the circles in the wrong order. ;~; And jump patterns that stack on top of themsevles. Other than that I'm fine with most jumps.
-Flashlight trololol (I don't have the patience/skill to memorize a map.)
-Really small hitcircles...if I see a map with those, it's auto-(pause->Back to Menu).
-Getting a 100 in the last few notes of the song when I had the SS the entire time, getting a miss in the last few notes of the song when I had the FC the entire time, failing in the last few notes when I was passing the entire time.
-Really fast sliders, especially if the slider is some weird shape.

EDIT:
Taiko:
-STREAMS
-accuracy
-I either hit every slider perfectly or miss every single tick in the slider entirely.

CtB:
-STREAMS (especially really dense stream)
-triplets
-trills
-typewriter-esque patterns like:

.... /
.../..
./....
.... /
.../..
./....
.... /
.../..
./....
Pizzicato
AR8 + patterns.
Kinrinjin7
Streams + jumps all over the screen + sometimes spin + Flashlight
Xylem Beer
Hard Rock and spinners.
Arkinous_old
spinners so hard to repos after a stream or when a circle shows up and you have a sec to hit it
Jordan

kanye west wrote:

if I repeatedly play a beatmap, I get progressively worse at it.
SOOO TRUE .___.
-Athena-

Arkinous wrote:

spinners so hard to repos after a stream or when a circle shows up and you have a sec to hit it
What I do is I barely put in any effort for spinners, slightly less than 300 spins per minute which usually earns me a 300 and a small bonus.
Unless I know a break or the end is coming of course. This makes it much easier to reposition
laport

whenever I start osu! It won't show me the maps or the multiplayer room (with the ready button) but instead stays on this screen for 30 mins straight, first it's just scanning all the beatmaps, then it stays there untill my patience runs out and I am forced to close it out of boredom, with the random music that's playing at that time skipping over constantly during the time I'm waiting. I don't mind a background or two, but this processing thing is making me scared.. osu! used to be so fast and now it's getting tedious to get started (I just want to play a map but it won't let me)

This osz2 related processing (i think) is already my biggest weakness in osu!?!
kriers

laport wrote:

whenever I start osu! It won't show me the maps or the multiplayer room (with the ready button) but instead stays on this screen for 30 mins straight, first it's just scanning all the beatmaps, then it stays there untill my patience runs out and I am forced to close it out of boredom, with the random music that's playing at that time skipping over constantly during the time I'm waiting. I don't mind a background or two, but this processing thing is making me scared.. osu! used to be so fast and now it's getting tedious to get started (I just want to play a map but it won't let me)

SSD, man.
Hooves_old
Streaming, since I usually go too fast for the notes. Along with double taps.
laport

kriers wrote:

laport wrote:

SSD, man.
yes I have a brand new vertex 4, the actual processing itself takes a mere 10? or up to 30 seconds, fast enough, but the infinite waiting after that is a bug I think
Luffern
AR10... It just kills me.
sCam
I got over spinners, but now it's those little sliders in the middle of streams. How I hate those.
Luffern

dunku wrote:

those little sliders in the middle of streams. How I hate those.
Oh! i forgot that too.
Hooves_old

Luffern wrote:

What does that mean?
Tenshi

Hooves wrote:

Luffern wrote:

What does that mean?
Approach Rate - how fast the notes appear.
thelewa
My biggest weakness is how my mood directly affects how well I play

so I can only play this game well for 2 days in a month
Gon
i miss notes in the top right corner if it's not memorised beforehand. happens often when it's like an AR10 new combo or a big jump from the bottom left corner or something

now i'm having slight doubts about full area but i'm not willing to change zz
Neclory
stamina and slow bpm
Tsukimi Luna
Confusing patterns and deathstreams
YoshiOST
ram not functioning like its suppose to for a good 5 seconds in a song T.T
Anzo
Updating...

anzo-nii wrote:

1. Streams more than 7... Streams more than 9, and even-numbered streams
2. Keyboard for tapping (mouse clicks are better)
3. Very long spinners and very short spinners. (...spinner after a spinner)
4. Jumps (square jumps, accelerating jumps)
5. AR9 above, and below AR7
6. Stamina
7. Thin approach circles, I can't see them well.
8. Streams higher them 170.. yah great T_T
YodaSnipe
1. Hitcircles
benguin
Forgot to add back-to-back spinners on my list, especially when it's a long one followed by a short one.
Shohei Ohtani
Using a mouse
jianzii
Sudden changes in the speed of the song. Especially on stacked notes :P
ShouSaku
1. long stream
2. stamina
Swatty
Lets see..

1. AR10 (my biggest weakness, can't play hardrock because of big AR)
2. long spinners (my hand Q_Q)
3. streaming stamina (long 200BPM+ streams)
4. Jumps (but i can mostly hit them without problems
5. Hardrock (mostly big AR)
King Cupcakes
Jumps
Spinners
Very long maps
Spinners
The troll sliders that are slow on a high bpm map
Spinners
jianzii
Oh, I found out a new weakness of mine: Beatmappers who think it's cool to put random beats in that correspond to no beat or rhythm of the song whatsoever.
mmnah
Two beats(duplets?) in a row.
Very fast jumping. (Like in "Cant defeat airman" approved map)
Single beats with average spacing but with high speed(more than can be clicked with 1 finger).
Gruntybaby
Large jumps and slowdowns are the worse!

Spinning is alot easier now as I relax my arm, keep the circles small and keep pointer as close to the middle of the screen as I can
Triskelion91
Lots of jumps and deathstreams .__.
LunarSakuya
Guessing spinners
Layne_old_1
~
Hernan
Lack of will and patience.
Renard_old
spamming retards in pm
thelewa

Renard wrote:

spamming retards in pm
I agree entirely, your biggest weakness is spamming like a retard with private messages
show more