What's your biggest weakness in osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rena-chan
Anything above 220 BPM.
Espionage724

McNagah wrote:

Playing with my laptop touchpad better. Don't really know specifics as well as you guys.
I heard putting your touchpad in Absolute mode helps a lot (or take it a bit further and either make or acquire a stylus, then it would be similar to a tablet maybe)
McNagah

Espionage724 wrote:

McNagah wrote:

Playing with my laptop touchpad better. Don't really know specifics as well as you guys.
I heard putting your touchpad in Absolute mode helps a lot (or take it a bit further and either make or acquire a stylus, then it would be similar to a tablet maybe)
Sorry, I'm new. What's absolute mode?
Espionage724

McNagah wrote:

Sorry, I'm new. What's absolute mode?
I'll try to explain it the best way I know :p

With traditional touchpads, when you move your finger in a direction on the touchpad, the cursor goes that far.

If the cursor is at the top left of the screen, and you drag your finger from the bottom left of the touchpad to the bottom right, the cursor will either move the entire distance or only part way (but it should be still at the top of the screen either way).

With absolute mode, your touchpad acts like a touchscreen or tablet, as in, wherever your finger is, the cursor will be there.

If the cursor is at the bottom left of the screen and you put your finger at the top right corner of the touchpad, your cursor will snap to the top right of the screen. Then if you put your finger back to the bottom left of the touchpad, the cursor will snap back down there. You can also drag your finger on the touchpad for cursor placement too (if you drag your finger from top left to bottom right, the cursor on your screen should go from the top left to the bottom right, passing the center of the screen when your finger passes the center of the touchpad).

If your interested in trying it out, I used viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515 (not sure if it works on non-Synaptic touchpads or not, if it does't and you have a non-Synaptic touchpad, you might be able to use your driver's control panel to change the option)
sCam
spinners. i spin like 160 - 220. 260 the highest. I use a mouse. i got no arm or wrist movement, because the small area I'm in, and I have to holdmy mouse at the end of the table(to get better movement). If i sit up right next to the monitor though, i can spin like 250 - 320. some shit like that. damn i suck at spinning.
kriers

dunku wrote:

spinners. i spin like 160 - 220. 260 the highest. I use a mouse. i got no arm or wrist movement, because the small area I'm in, and I have to holdmy mouse at the end of the table(to get better movement). If i sit up right next to the monitor though, i can spin like 250 - 320. some shit like that. damn i suck at spinning.
Why would you go through so much extra trouble only because you'd like to keep your high sensitivity?
I currently play with 450 dpi, and I have absolutely no trouble playing hard maps. Besides, it's actually easier to spin with a lower dpi
since the spinner is small. This allows for more movement in spinners, which allows for more speed (given practice).

Also, spinning with your arm is a MUST if you have ambition to spin fast. Just find a comfortable "channel point" on your wrist and shake it.
lolcubes

kriers wrote:

Besides, it's actually easier to spin with a lower dpi
since the spinner is small. This allows for more movement in spinners, which allows for more speed (given practice).
Seconding this. I don't use 450dpi, but I use 800 which is also somewhat slow. I spin 420-440 usually and sometimes up to 470 if I am warmed up enough.
Mismagius
I posted here already, didn't I

but

1/1 stacks and slow (less than 170BPM) streams
Low
Jumps. *u*

orz
sCam

kriers wrote:

dunku wrote:

Why would you go through so much extra trouble only because you'd like to keep your high sensitivity?
I currently play with 450 dpi, and I have absolutely no trouble playing hard maps. Besides, it's actually easier to spin with a lower dpi

Also, spinning with your arm is a MUST if you have ambition to spin fast. Just find a comfortable "channel point" on your wrist and shake it.
tbh, it's kinda fun with the high sensitivity. i don't have to move much, and i actually do great at the hard maps. I never had trouble with hard maps(only when i was a noob 2 months ago.) just that when i sit close to the monitor, i slip with the mouse a lot, and it gets me frustrated. Like when I'm close to the monitor I can't do distant jumps. With me holding my mouse at the end of the table i can do the jumps, and I'm faster, with better accuracy(I'm not sure about this, cuz i just played with lower dpi and i got better accuracy on a map i never had A on) but now i lowered my sensitivity(like 10 mins ago) and I'm doing so much better, and I'm back to sitting close to the monitor.

I'll experiment with this for a while to see if it's right for me.
lolcubes
You need to define what "hard maps" means. If it's [Hard] maps, then you will see once you reach [Insane] map level, or even beyond that. With no immediate control over your movement, it will be tough to successfully do anything properly so lower sensitivity is recommended.
sCam
I can pass the easy insane maps like grimoire of alice by zun ,with a A, but shit like homework crisis. i fail in like 60 - 120 secs. dreamdischarger insame, i fail when i can't do the part where it breaks down. i can pass stuff like mary louise by lily(vocaloid)

still need more practice and all, but i was only playing with high sensitivity for experimental reasons, i never said it was a permanent thing. still trying to figure out what's best for me.
Zelmarked
Note streams that have breaks in between all stacked in one place.

When notes string together 2-4 at a time and then jump right to the next note which is a different amount of clicks.
Big Yikes
I really suck at single tapping :'(
That's the only thing that keeps me from fcing [Hard]s with DT+HD
ampzz
Triplets, triplets, triplets... the bane of my left-hand's existence.
thelewa
Jumps, streams, pretty much everything is my weakness
lolcubes

ragelewa wrote:

Jumps, streams, pretty much everything is my weakness
I thought it was long spinners!
/me remebers that youtube vid.

:D
Frizz
High AR, non-compressed streams, short jumps Q_Q
Kuria
long streams muzukashii~~
Xylem Beer
Spinners, jumps and slow streams.
shaNk_old
bad mappers
JAKACHAN

shaNk wrote:

bad mappers
DJPop
shaNk_old

JAKACHAN wrote:

shaNk wrote:

bad mappers
DJPop
+1
Nary89
+2
GracieLub
+3
Nary89
+100
Cygnus
Inconsistent spacing of jumps. >3<
NeoRainier
loli backgrounds
flow
Consistent, fast, spread jumps ~ 10 seconds+...
Salvage
Spacing that requieres a lot of snapping.
dlovan
1/3 streams D:
-Athena-
Mouse only! BIG BIG YEAH! You probably know my weakness now orz..
ychao
Weaknesses? Plenty. Consecutive triplets (and come to think of it, fast couplets as well), to name one. Long and/or high-bpm streams to name another.
Can't really think of my biggest one though, since there are so many.
Royboyvdm
I hate maps with small circles and i mostly skip them nowadays..
kriers

shaNk wrote:

bad mappers
My Angel Gordon
Squares
Mismagius

hellopppp wrote:

Squares

shaNk wrote:

bad mappers
Remilia--_old

NeoRainier wrote:

loli backgrounds
A8mew
Update on mine:

Sliders. Also, circles. But mostly sliders.

Mah glasses so weak.
M i l o t i c
streams and streams
show more