forum

Best DPI for Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ransu
So I recently got a new mouse and I was wondering what's the best DPI to use...

Mouse - Logitech G303
Resolution - 1366x768
Sensitivity - 1x
Raw Input - On
StephOsu
you have to test it yourself
no one can help you on that
but a general rule of thumb is to keep it below 2k DPI so you can have better control
Endie-
somewhere between 400 and 1500. Just find something that fits you and stick with it
FrzR
Try 800 and change it from time to time if it's too fast or too slow.
Xyrus_old_1

StephOsu wrote:

you have to test it yourself
no one can help you on that
but a general rule of thumb is to keep it below 2k DPI so you can have better control
Pretty much this ^

To start with, make sure that the DPI is right for your everyday use of the computer, e.g. browsing the internet, playing other games, etc. Use that as your starting point. You may find you suit a higher/lower DPI when playing osu! as opposed to doing anything else, so either change the in-game sensitivity, or set up your mouse so that it uses a seperate DPI for osu! either through settings. Since it's Logitech, you should be able to do this either by setting it to change when playing osu!, or by adding a 2nd DPI and toggling between the 2 (I find it difficult to get the settings to save to my mouse, so I'd recommend using osu!'s sensitivity, it's the most convenient of the 3 options, especially for tweaking and experimenting).

The DPI x sensitivity you use in osu! needs to be low enough that you can aim steadily, but high enough that you feel comfortable making jumps. Having said that, for me that's anywhere between 800 and 1600 DPI. I started off a lot higher but gradually came down, now that I've adjusted my grip, I find I have more control over my G502, so I've gone back up to 1000DP1 x1.15 sensitvity. This will probably change again eventually...

Just keep experimenting and you'll find your ideal settings.
winber1
i use 0
Hvick711
mizuki-chan
I prefer 1600dpi with my razer mamba tournament edition.
I have 1920x1080 fullscreen 24" monitor in front of my face :D
Sup A Noob
Some people use 1000, some people use 5000, some people use 20000, I use 3200.

Only way for you to test and try out. There's no real best DPI.

I stick to what's best for desktop use though. So the only thing affecting my DPI is my driver settings.
N1X02
hey guys just wanted share something that may make some of you laugh...
So I've had my mouse (Anker, forgot the exact model) for around 2.5 years now. Starting playing osu! just a couple of weeks ago and as noobs do i tried to find the optimum settings available including DPI. Now what i hadn't realised is that my mouse was set to 8k by default... So unknowingly I've been playing with 8k DPI since getting this thing. I'm currently trying to figure something out and I'm testing the 2 - 3.5k range. Doubtful that I will be able to attribute improvements to the lowered DPI cause I'm just starting anyways but at I'll try to post an update once every couple of weeks. Until then I hope some of the more experienced of you can have a good laugh about my sillyness :D :D

so prev. 8k DPI, 6/11 Win 1x Osu @ 1080p (15" or 24" depending on whether I'm at home)

now starting with 3.5K, 6/11 Win, 1x Osu @1080p

edit: about the " i wont be able to tell the difference part... well after an hour of playing with 3.5k I am confident that this will make me tons better. haven't actually got any significant pp increases but playing feels significantly better and I'm waaaay more precise on my jumps
KupcaH

N1X02 wrote:

hey guys just wanted share something that may make some of you laugh...
So I've had my mouse (Anker, forgot the exact model) for around 2.5 years now. Starting playing osu! just a couple of weeks ago and as noobs do i tried to find the optimum settings available including DPI. Now what i hadn't realised is that my mouse was set to 8k by default... So unknowingly I've been playing with 8k DPI since getting this thing. I'm currently trying to figure something out and I'm testing the 2 - 3.5k range. Doubtful that I will be able to attribute improvements to the lowered DPI cause I'm just starting anyways but at I'll try to post an update once every couple of weeks. Until then I hope some of the more experienced of you can have a good laugh about my sillyness :D :D

so prev. 8k DPI, 6/11 Win 1x Osu @ 1080p (15" or 24" depending on whether I'm at home)

now starting with 3.5K, 6/11 Win, 1x Osu @1080p

edit: about the " i wont be able to tell the difference part... well after an hour of playing with 3.5k I am confident that this will make me tons better. haven't actually got any significant pp increases but playing feels significantly better and I'm waaaay more precise on my jumps
So, you bump one year old thread to say this? No one cares, keep your sillyness to yourself.
Ryoid
Next time see the date or just make a new thread
N0thingSpecial
Forum is not a personal diary please do not update us
lulpeadless
1000 dpi
1x sensitivity
raw input:on
screen resolution
1280x720
Jhynx
i used to play with 800 dpi and 1.0 sens
then i found out that thats actually really low cuz of maps with jumps n sht so im now playing on 1000dpi and 1.2 sens and tbh the high sens really helps with jumps
my screen is 1080p btw
maraa
The answer to your question is there is none. Now for the question what is my favorite sensitivity for Osu!, that would be about 6k
MrGarebear2000

maraa wrote:

The answer to your question is there is none. Now for the question what is my favorite sensitivity for Osu!, that would be about 6k

lol nice necro buddy
maraa

MrGarebear2000 wrote:

maraa wrote:

lol nice necro buddy

Lul nice eyesight buddy

Flanster