forum

[resolved] Need help to set up my OBS for osu! streaming.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brandiz
So yeah I've recently downlaoded OBS and pretty much got everything set up in terms of quality/stream layout.
There are although a few things I still want to add to my stream but can't seem to get to work.

*A now playing plugins
*A keypress counter

I've read the streaming tutorial post in the forums but the methods there aren't working. I've also tried osu!companion but that isn't working either.
If any of you guys could help me that would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Yanganof
dunno about the now playing stuff, but keypress counter is in osu options -> Gameplay -> Always Show Key-Overlay
Topic Starter
Brandiz

Yanganof wrote:

dunno about the now playing stuff, but keypress counter is in osu options -> Gameplay -> Always Show Key-Overlay
I'm thinking something that goes on the stream layout and not ingame, but thanks anyways.
Halogen-
I do recall some people using NohBoard for laying out the keys that they were hitting. As far as the now playing thing, the osu!Stream Companion works wonders.
Topic Starter
Brandiz

Halogen- wrote:

I do recall some people using NohBoard for laying out the keys that they were hitting. As far as the now playing thing, the osu!Stream Companion works wonders.
I get it to display what map is playing but how do I insert that into OBS?

EDIT: That NohBoard is great btw, thanks!
Halogen-
The osu!stream companion should give you locations for .txt files where the script is contained/updated - you specify that as a Text object in a scene and then direct the text object to the location when it asks for something from a file.

I apologize if my wording isn't the greatest, but if someone hasn't helped you with this in the next 2.5 hours or so, I can show you when I get home from work.
Topic Starter
Brandiz

Halogen- wrote:

The osu!stream companion should give you locations for .txt files where the script is contained/updated - you specify that as a Text object in a scene and then direct the text object to the location when it asks for something from a file.

I apologize if my wording isn't the greatest, but if someone hasn't helped you with this in the next 2.5 hours or so, I can show you when I get home from work.
I've got it figured out, thanks a lot. I got both the NP and keypress to work.
Have a good day.