SpaceLiZard skin v1.8

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riik
A while ago, I came onto the skinning forum to post up the WIP version of my SpaceLiZard skin, a totally original skin based upon my avatar, which is also totally original. Since then, the skin has been totally revamped, keeping the original idea, only enhancing it.

The reason I came up with this skin is that I wanted to make something totally original that I could put my own flare into, and what better way then to base it around my own avatar and his backstory?

If you want a slightly dark alien-esque sci-fi scene for your Osu!, I hope this skin provides.

Name: SpaceLiZard
Creator: Riik
Theme: Riik and his avatar
Version: 1.8
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12KRBFQT

Size: approx. 13mb
OSU! STANDARD MODE ONLY (other modes may be skinned when I get round to playing them. Also, most menu features are also skinned, including rankings).

Additional Notes: The cursor centre-clicks, with the middle of the circle. The arrow pointer is merely for show, so you can just ignore it.

Screenshots/Video links:

Updates:

V1.8
-----

- Deleted unnecissary "-old" sound files left behind by audacity

- The correct version number should now be displayed in-game

- Cleaned out the comments in the skin.ini file - shouldn't effect gameplay

- Changed slider border colour to a silver tone

- Spinner-spin png enhanced

- More lighting effects

- Modified the follow point to make it less ugly

- Styled dots after the new follow point

- lighting and bumping added to more images

- Added Ranking images based on letters from the Agency FB windows font*

- New Ranking screen text based on the Agency FB font

- New Selection tab image

- replaced the imo annoying hit whistle sound with a ride cymbol sound

- A few more image tweaks

*I tried drawing my own letters, but it didn't work out so well... well at least the numbers are still hand-drawn, as is my "Are you ready?" text ^^

V1.73
-----

- Reduced volume of the menu click sound

- Sharpened the cursor to make it more visible

- Sharpened/bump mapped approach circle to make it more visible

- Slider style changed to option 2 (transparent, without the semi-circles)

- Numbers brought in front of the hit circle overlay

- Change log included in skin folder

- Increased brightness/contrast of the spinner to make it more visible

- Altered the spinner approach circle so that the actual circle is now a fully opaque shape

-------------------------------------------------------------

Any feedback or ideas for improvement would be much appreciated!!
Pereira006
wooow
aswome skin
Vext
Well not gonna lie I was hoping for a little less space and a little more lizard when I downloaded. Boy was I surprised.

First off let me say Fantastic! It all looks really good, and I hope people will give it a try before judging because I myself am guilty of looking at this and going ">_>...ehh"

Just a few things bothered me about it.

1. The SFX are all a nice touch but the one for mousing over songs in the menu is incredibly overpowering and most of the time was louder than the song going in the background!
  2. I'm hoping you add ranks to go along with the theme of the skin? The default osu! ones do not fit at all.
  3. The cursor looks nice but while playing (Especially on fast songs) the transparency makes it very difficult to see where it is and what section of it is actually where you are clicking.
  4. Same problem as above, but with the approach circles.
  5. The spinner also seems to have a similar problem, but more so it just makes me a little dizzy. :P
  6. Needs Catch the Beat skin elements! :)

Overall though this is great. Good job!
Topic Starter
Riik

I'll keep all that in mind

The sound thing I can easily do on audacity... just give it a negative amplification.

And the cursor has already been made less transparent than the previous versions, but I guess I didn't go far enough... :roll: but then I have a tendancy to think "that'll do" and move on with things

Personally I like the spinner how it is, but I'll just wait and see what other people think.
Topic Starter
Riik
ok, updates are complete... decided to alter the spinner after all, just to give it a bit more colour... was a bit dark and boring...

EDIT:

Already started on V1.8... that update should contain new rank images, more interface edits and light upgrades, a few more tweaks, fixes and clean-ups. Probably be ready in a few days. It'll probably be the last update before I begin work on 2.0 (Which will include Taiko/Catch the beat content)
Vext

Riik wrote:

ok, updates are complete... decided to alter the spinner after all, just to give it a bit more colour... was a bit dark and boring...

EDIT:

Already started on V1.8... that update should contain new rank images, more interface edits and light upgrades, a few more tweaks, fixes and clean-ups. Probably be ready in a few days. It'll probably be the last update before I begin work on 2.0 (Which will include Taiko/Catch the beat content)
Nom nom loves me some custom CTB.
Firo Prochainezo
I got really confused with the cursor while playing. Maybe change that into a simple thing?
Topic Starter
Riik
What aspect of the cursor?

Is it the fact that it has a sort of false pointer? It was supposed to be a sort of spinning target indicator (points in the direction of the enemy) that you see in a multitude of space sims, mixed together with the Osu target-like cursor. The cursor clicks with the centre of the circle (although, it would make the game more interesting and fun if it clicked with the end of the arrow... specially with said arrow spinning around :P ). If it helps, I could put a note on the main post about it.

Also, here's a sneak preview of v1.8:

http://www.xfire.com/video/411751/
Ruidoso
:) good job, but i have a problem (about watch video).

it's upload in Xfire and i can't watch it, because i banned in xfire, and im never enter xfire, could you upload anywhere?
Topic Starter
Riik
I'll upload something to youtube later... I used xfire because of the more lax approach to copyright stuff (such as music), but if that's a problem, I'll try youtube.
Ruidoso
Thanks.
Topic Starter
Riik
ok, I've hit a snag with the video stuff... youtube was unable to convert the xfire vid, so I'm going to stick it in WMM and then try to upload again later. It means more delays, but I will get this done eventually.
Topic Starter
Riik
Topic Starter
Riik
v1.8 is finished... It'll be uploaded soon, as well as a suitable video (which will be availible on both youtube and xfire, the former for the quality and the latter for in case the vid gets taken down for copyright on the music)

EDIT

Done.
Verdisphena
not my style, but... fine
Dragvon
Added to compendium.
Deceitful
pls make the link to mediafire :)