forum

Alternating help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jaydawg
So im currently trying to do high bpm maps (nomods and dt) but i can't single tap fast enough AND alternate tap circles aside from streams

Now i ask for some help and tips for me to improve my skill in alternating

Tnx in advance to the dude who'll answer my question :)
Ayesha Altugle
play more basically
Hiro-Senpai
Well if you are single tapping you should stick to that and play more
Tornado
It is all about playing much and practicing.Ye ye ye ye ye ye ye we heard that story blah blah blah.

But unfortunalety it is the truth.

But I can at least tell you how I adepted to play: "Irregular"

Well since I started to play the game; I always got impressed by WubWoofWolf"s plays on youtube.When I downloaded a few of them (Dragonforce,Scarlet Rose,Adults Toy,U.N Owen was Her?) I was so slow at anything that I was just spamming with my keyboard.Yes I was literally spamming with my both fingers with AUTOPILOT.

After I moved to Austria; I started to play the simple 2-3 stars but due my spamming habbit; I wasnt singletapping the circles.I was sometimes alternating it and sometimes not.Since then; I always had IRREGULAR play style.

Back then when I was really bad,I was alternating to the maps I couldnt read.I was singletapping the maps I could read.But now; Im alternating (Irregular) to anything I can read or not.

So,if you just force yourself to read the map; I guess it should work.

Also; play Hollow Wings or val0108 Difficulty maps.Their maps are just forcing you to alternate :D
Sup A Noob
1) Do A
2) Do B
3) Do C
4) Repeat 5 times
5) ???
6) Profit!!
Sorry kid, getting good isn't a recipe of tips and tricks.
StephOsu
play more
you can ask Endaris for beatmaps that's good for alternating practice
good luck
Sayorie
We should do a sticky for a FAQ thread with all answers as "play more".
StephOsu

Arthraxium wrote:

We should do a sticky for a FAQ thread with all answers as "play more".
or just let us to farm post counts with more play mores

I mean, this already existed and threads like these still exist everyday so I doubt a sticky FAQ would help
Hiro-Senpai
It just gets so boring, everyday such threads. Osu is a game where nobody can teach u how to play. You have to do it by yourself. Sure there are some tips or guidlines in terms of devices and settings. But gameplay wise everything comes down to the player
Frolski
Play more.
Endaris
Alternate more.
Or singletap more.
If you're too slow with singletapping you have to train your singletapping speed. People are able to singletap 300+bpm so if you keep practicing you should be able to get there as well or get RSI.
Alternating is a playstyle, not really a crutch for maps you're too slow to play. The mainproblem with alternating high bpm as a singletapping player is that you will get entirely messed up once there appear high bpm triples or even streams unless you are already used to starting them on either finger(most singletappers aren't).
iSatoru
play moar
Barusamikosu

Endaris wrote:

Alternating is a playstyle, not really a crutch for maps you're too slow to play.