General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Apex_old
untitled
blissfulyoshi

Apex wrote:

I wonder if there is a game like DGRP which combines the presentation method of visual novels with external elements such as selective training(whether in relationship or in skills), role-playing/character customization, etc.
If you want interactive elements, there are plenty of visual novels with them. Just look at any AliceSoft or Eushully game. There are also plenty more by other developers.

On another note, I really enjoyed the daitoshokan anime, so I decided I might as well play it with machine translations. And as you might expect, the translations are pretty awful at times, so let's go have some fun with them (yellow is Atlas, green is bing, everything else is posted by another user):

"Is global warming a guy?" => "He is the warming I guess"
xxdeathx
I'd have to hand it to Amane's route in the Grisaia no Kajitsu anime for making a (extended, multiple episodes) flashback genuinely interesting and gripping from start to finish. It's made even better (or worse) by the fact that the outcome is known, so the purpose of the flashback is to show the journey to it. They're doing a magnificent job. Clearly they were saving their best arc for last.
Navizel
So I see Steins;Gate is going to get a PS3 and Vita version sometime in 2015..
domSaur
i wanna try If My Heart had Wings but i can see no dl anywhere so i guess i'll have to grab some cash and throw it on steam :s
fajarrps
Hmm maybe you would play fortissimo & Kadenz fermata, it's a good VN

It's from La'cryma X 5pb. ;)
Shurelia
fortissimo is wayyy much better than Fate series
Apex_old
untitled
The Gambler
Just finished ef - The First Tale by minori I got this Christmas

CG, plot and ero (IMHFO) - 10/10
Yonpachi_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Eushully's 16th game has been announced: Kami no rapusodi (Rhapsody of God)
http://www.eukleia.co.jp/eushully/eu016.html

can't wait
Shurelia

Sorry for being late but,.

A Visual Novel from Neko Works called "Neko Para" Has already been released guys! (And it's also available with English VN too).

You can grab it at Steam (for all ages version) or other sites (for 18+ version)

Still volume 1 though. So not gonna DL till it's on full ver /o/
Navizel
IIRC there's a Neko Para giveaway happening on Steam right now, to those who are interested.

Planning on playing Sengoku Rance next after If My Heart Had Wings. Is this right or do I have to play other Rance before playing this one?

*Still patiently waiting for Koichoco TL*
Yonpachi_old

Navizel wrote:

IIRC there's a Neko Para giveaway happening on Steam right now, to those who are interested.

Planning on playing Sengoku Rance next after If My Heart Had Wings. Is this right or do I have to play other Rance before playing this one?

*Still patiently waiting for Koichoco TL*
I would suggest Sengoku Rance because I like rpg-ish vn (at least not where you just choose some choices of option and get into some chara route).
but seeing that u wait patiently for Koichoco, then go for If My Heart Had Wings
Navizel
I'm actually playing If My Heart Had Wings right now. After this, I'm going to play Sengoku Rance but it's the 7th game from the Rance series so I'm asking if I should play the prequels before Sengoku. I also looked up Rance in vndb and saw other Rance have low scores compared to Sengoku so I'm wondering if the others are any worth.

Koichoco is more of an unrelated note since Koichoco TL is still not done yet.
Yonpachi_old
if you can read moonrunes and have plenty of free time, then I would suggest for playing the prequel series before. as for myself, straight to Sengoku Rance. and I'm not really fan of Alice Soft. I found myself more fond to Eushully games. I consider to play prequel series if a vn's really worth (example Baldr Series). as for Rance Series, I don't think the story's the selling point. we all have limited time in life so don't bother spending something which u didn't enjoy :peace:
domSaur
also going to try If My Heart Had Wings...
Yonpachi_old
been wondering if any of you guys already play battle goddess memoria cause I have some question
blissfulyoshi

Yonpachi wrote:

been wondering if any of you guys already play battle goddess memoria cause I have some question
I played through La Dea, but didn't do all the secret bosses or try using the 2.0 patch (I did use the append patch because the idol sidequest was hilarious)
Yonpachi_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Yonpachi wrote:

I played through La Dea, but didn't do all the secret bosses or try using the 2.0 patch (I did use the append patch because the idol sidequest was hilarious)
aaah looking at ur profil pic remind me of the biggest troll in madou lol. ah my question is not so hard. not about the history of godslayer or any spesific question. I just want to ask about Valefor's acrobat skill which triggered if she doesn't wear any armor and shield. what if she's using the invisible armor(the one that makes ur char appear naked). did the skill still take effect or not?
blissfulyoshi

Yonpachi wrote:

aaah looking at ur profil pic remind me of the biggest troll in madou lol. ah my question is not so hard. not about the history of godslayer or any spesific question. I just want to ask about Valefor's acrobat skill which triggered if she doesn't wear any armor and shield. what if she's using the invisible armor(the one that makes ur char appear naked). did the skill still take effect or not?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, never liked using Valefor xD. Also, I uninstalled my game already, so I can't check, sorry.
Yonpachi_old
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, never liked using Valefor xD. Also, I uninstalled my game already, so I can't check, sorry.
ah ok ;w;
aw u didn't like her
phantom thief. less encounter enemy, drop bonus ++ she's useful
Ironsoul27
ive recently begun my visual novel collection and started with the eroge genre
Decided VNs are the greatest things ever :3
Montyy
Ceph23
If you liked Clannad, you'll probably lke Little Busters and Rewrite, as both are made by key visual studio
I would also suggest Hoshizora no Memoria and If my heart had wings. Both are light reads and have a pretty nice touching story.

On another note, what is taking that Oreimo VN so long to finish? :/
Yonpachi_old

DivineShinobi wrote:

I discovered VN's about a year ago with my first one being Katawa Shoujo (Which I suggest EVERYONE play at least once) and currently I am playing Clannad ^.^

I also plan to play Stein's Gate and Nekopara :D

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated :)
please try my favorite VN too. G-Senjou no Maou. definitely worth to try
Kagari
i guess most of the VNs made by Key Visual Studio are by far the best VNs I've played so far (Rewrite is one of my all-time favorites)

just finished eden*, now playing Tokyo School Life :P
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I started playing through VNs last year.
My first would be Katawa Shoujo (still trying to complete all the arcs)
I played one on my phone once (I shall not name it)
Currently playing through Narcissu
Also currently on the look out for free VNs as I don't have much spending budget. :/
Straw Hat
I have only seen part of a VN and it is the first two parts of Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I just can't seem to find the time to finish it but the story is really amazing. If I have time, I would also like to try out Steins;Gate and Higurashi.
Ceph23
The translation of Oreimo VN is finally done!!
I've been bitching about this thing for months now!

Time to do that Ruri route. :3

Now I wait for disc 2 to be finished. One more year of waiting I guess.
Tari

Yonpachi wrote:

DivineShinobi wrote:

I discovered VN's about a year ago with my first one being Katawa Shoujo (Which I suggest EVERYONE play at least once) and currently I am playing Clannad ^.^

I also plan to play Stein's Gate and Nekopara :D

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated :)
please try my favorite VN too. G-Senjou no Maou. definitely worth to try

Omg, I would recommend G-Senjou no Maou too. Really great storyline and graphics.
Luna
Does anyone have suggestions for good Shoujo Ai VNs in realistic settings (realistic meaning no fantasy/magic etc.)? Bonus points if the art style is also on the more realistic end of the spectrum.
Preferably SFW, but 18+ is fine as long as the story has more substance than being a lame excuse to jump from one H-scene to the next.
Currently playing FLOWERS which is quite enjoyable, if a bit cheesy at times.
Shurelia

Luna wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions for good Shoujo Ai VNs in realistic settings (realistic meaning no fantasy/magic etc.)? Bonus points if the art style is also on the more realistic end of the spectrum.
Preferably SFW, but 18+ is fine as long as the story has more substance than being a lame excuse to jump from one H-scene to the next.
Currently playing FLOWERS which is quite enjoyable, if a bit cheesy at times.
Have you tried "Katahane" ?
Luna

Shurelia wrote:

Have you tried "Katahane" ?
I already stumbled across it when browsing vndb but was slightly put off by the whole doll story and the artstyle in some of the screenshots.
I guess I'll take a look at the trial version and see if I like it. Thanks!
Shurelia

Luna wrote:

I already stumbled across it when browsing vndb but was slightly put off by the whole doll story and the artstyle in some of the screenshots.
I guess I'll take a look at the trial version and see if I like it. Thanks!
Just lemme know if you need more recommendations from me.
Saranghae_old_1
I have extremely bad luck with visual novels. Most of the ones I played left me incredibly scarred.
Green Platinum

Dearly Blessed wrote:

I have extremely bad luck with visual novels. Most of the ones I played left me incredibly scarred.
Elaborate please (maybe stop getting Nukiges idk)
Jebbika
My fave visual novel has to be Rewrite. I got it about a month ago and I've been playing it non-stop!
I'm in love. :) :) :lol:

Have any of you played Rewrite?
I'm going the Shizuru route. She's so kawaii. I've heard a little about the ending... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Shurelia

Jebbika wrote:

My fave visual novel has to be Rewrite. I got it about a month ago and I've been playing it non-stop!

I'm going the Shizuru route. She's so kawaii. I've heard a little about the ending... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I did.

And yes, Shizuru's Route is really great but i like Akane's More because she's my favorite character at that game.
Jebbika

Shurelia wrote:

Jebbika wrote:

I did.

And yes, Shizuru's Route is really great but i like Akane's More because she's my favorite character at that game.
I myself was contemplating as to whether or not to choose Akane. Honestly, if I didn't meet Shizuru it'd be Akane all the way. <3
Akane has a nice route too and just as sad if what I've heard is correct.
Leguna
Majikoi English patch has been completed. 2 years of waiting and it's finally here.
http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/ ... n-project/
show more