forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jacqli
Something happened with fuwanovel? I can't access it since yesterday. :/
The Joker
Has anyone played Katawa Shoujo. I thought the story line was pretty good.
anthag

Fergzyy wrote:

I have played it and I have to agree that the story were pretty good.
My personal favourite were the Hanako route :D
Audiodelus
Flyable heart had one of my favorite BGM's and character designs (visually). So glad Gumi-chan got a route in the fandisc.
Just finished ガールズbeアンビシャス!and starting on Cross Days. I might lose my head if I get too excite.
Fzero100

Fergzyy wrote:

Yea, it was pretty good. I'm glad it was my first visual novel.
Lily would have to be my favourite.
Jacqli

Fzero100 wrote:

Fergzyy wrote:

Yea, it was pretty good. I'm glad it was my first visual novel.
Lily would have to be my favourite.
i agree with you, lily's route was the best route at that VN .

Also i'm currently playing All of the Galaxy Angel series now. Gonna clear all of the routes. Xd
Kyonko Hizara
If there is anything in common with almost every chapter of Umineko, there is always something with the adults arguing about who the fuck gets what of the money
ampzz

Fergzyy wrote:

Overrated visual novel with a slightly lacking character line-up if you ask me.

If you are after a really immersive storyline there is quite a large number of titles which make it seem rather generic in contrast. I'll also state this to any potential flame war pertaining from people just thinking that I'm hating on the title without actually bothering to complete all the routes and go in-depth with trying to understand where each character comes from - I have finished all routes in the title twice in consecutive sessions for each girl to find out if my original verdict on the route was lacking at all.
NoHitter
^ Yeah. After rereading it some time back, I have to agree that in terms of the storyline, it wasn't that great. It's wasn't "bad" but I can't say it was among the "best" either.
I found the continuity of the writing styles a bit skewed (as expected with many authors). Also, Lilly's route was the best written in my opinion.
anthag
I really loved Rewrite and Little Busters by Key. There have been times that I have wanted to just forget about them just so that I could reread them one more time. Do anyone know if Key are working on another new project yet or if there are some VNs that are like these great pieces?
Jacqli
I think Katawa Shoujo isn't an overrated VN, ampzz. People just said that Katawa Shoujo is a good VN or a recomended to play VN (for some people). Well i can't deny with your thought for this VN, my reason why i said that this VN is good to play (even there's no CV included) is just because Lily got my heart, and also the Slice Of Life theme is enjoyable imo.

anthag wrote:

I really loved Rewrite and Little Busters by Key. There have been times that I have wanted to just forget about them just so that I could reread them one more time. Do anyone know if Key are working on another new project yet or if there are some VNs that are like these great pieces?
I don't think so. After finished with Rewrite, Key didn't make any good announcement at all. Or. . . Maybe it's just my thought?
Magicphoenix
Is it just me or is Suou Amane's flashback-part way longer than the rest?
Twice as bad to read especially when you know what's gonna happen after that
Jacqli

Magicphoenix wrote:

i agree with you.. It's soooooo long.. And it makes my mood bad after i finished that Flashback. But good routes imo.
Apex_old
Do anyone know why is Muv Luv Alternative so popular? The first game only has 7.90 or so on vndb, and yet the Alternative had 9.30.
NoHitter

Magicphoenix wrote:

It almost disturbed me as much as Saya no Uta did. Who am I kidding, Saya no Uta was the most disturbing thing I read.

Anyway, you know what was going to happen and that makes it all the more suspenseful. That slow depravity into lawlessness. Lord of the Flies.
UnderminE

Apex wrote:

Do anyone know why is Muv Luv Alternative so popular? The first game only has 7.90 or so on vndb, and yet the Alternative had 9.30.
Because first game is basically full of empty talk, classic side of the game. Showing characters etc

Then in second game shit gets serious.
blissfulyoshi
Bing's translator is beyond amazing, so for comparison here is a screenshot (top is Bing, bottom is ATLUS)

Apex_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Bing's translator is beyond amazing, so for comparison here is a screenshot (top is Bing, bottom is ATLUS)

I can do better:

*Sigh*,\ I thought the teacher was my friend.
NerdRage04
My first visual novel ever was Snow Sakura, I have a large list of my MAL account of the ones I have played and/or playing going to play

My favorite so far has been Utawarerumono, I really REALLY hope the second one gets translated because I am not too sure on the fan base for the VN and the Anime.

I also really enjoy the "A Kiss For The Petals" Series.

I am currently playing through "If My Heart Had Wings" with the restoration patch of course ;)
as well as Grisaia no Kajitsu, which is a little slow at the moment. I hope it picks up.
hinamizawan
The only vn I've ended playing so far is Umineko so it was my first contact with vns along with Higurashi. I've tried to play Saya no Uta but got bored, Tsukihime is pretty monotonous around the prologue, f/sn seems too overrated and never bothered to even try to enjoy KS. Guess I'm more of a 07th Expansion fan.
spongypuppet
Hmm, I've only played quite a few, and I think I've only finished two so far... lol
I also play (or am currently playing) some OELVN. Trying to make a visual novel via Ren'py but it's hard because I'm a very bad artist. I think my writing skills are kind of decent, though.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Disgaea Infinite
Rewrite
Little Busters
Ever 17
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Knifepoint Horror
Time Labyrinth
Fantasy Requiem of the Abyss
ReSet: Thief of all Hearts
Prince Maker: Braveness
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sleepless Night

Umm, I think these are pretty much what I played or am currently playing. I'm almost finished with Umineko, currently on episode 7 but I can't bring myself to read it. My head would explode! lol
SPOILER
Ever since Yasu and Clair vauxof Bernard were introduced, I got very confused. I don't know what's going on anymore lol.
Also, I still haven't finished Higurashi, Little Busters, (because I got bored and never played it ever again but I might play it again sometime) Ever 17, Knifepoint Horror. Fantasy Requiem of the Abyss, Re:Set, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I've finished Disgaea Infinite, (almost all content unlocked) Rewrite, (Kotori's Route) Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Time Labyrinth, (I think the good ending?) Prince Maker: Braveness, (the prince became a politician, I think), and Sleepless Night. Anyway, I still need to finish all of them before I play a new one XD.
Magicphoenix
I tell u Grisaia guys, after I finished Amane-route, Michiru's flashback was shorter than a blink of the eye. I was like "Wtf, this almost seems like the flashback is going to end in like 2 more sequences..." aaaaand it's over.
But there's probably more post-flashback stuff to come = =
Fzero100

Magicphoenix wrote:

I tell u Grisaia guys, after I finished Amane-route, Michiru's flashback was shorter than a blink of the eye. I was like "Wtf, this almost seems like the flashback is going to end in like 2 more sequences..." aaaaand it's over.
But there's probably more post-flashback stuff to come = =
Yea, it's just that Amane's flash back so unusually long in comparison to everyone else.
When I was playing her route, her flashback seemed to last for ever.
Magicphoenix
Oh also, I'm puush-ing every philosophical passage from Yuuji I come across and put it all into a compilation later. What a badass
Fzero100

Magicphoenix wrote:

Oh also, I'm puush-ing every philosophical passage from Yuuji I come across and put it all into a compilation later. What a badass
Ohh, that would be really awesome to see.

Also I started playing little busters and it's been pretty good. I was wondering if I should skip to refrain since I've seen season one of little busters?
Navizel
Got the urge to continue play Grisaia no Kajitsu as well as 999.

currently on beginning of Makina's route in Grisaia.
Rio-
Just recently started Grisaia and Little Busters! EX.... And got urge to continue Kotori's Route in Rewrite...
Jacqli
/np
- Rewrite
- Dracu-Riot!
- Majikoi!

Good bye osu!
Navizel
In your opinion, which is better, Makina's route or Amane's route?

Not really into pettanko heroines so I paused on Makina's and went for Amane's route and I'm already done with her first h-scene. I can go back again to Makina's route if she has a better route.
Jacqli
I suggest you to play Amane's route first.

Why?:
- it has a strong storywise than makina's.
- Amane's more cute than makina
- Makina's route is stupid, that's what i've heard and it's true.

Something about Amane's route (may contain spoiler)
SPOILER
her route's theme is a bit dark and it made me feels a little bit gloomy after finished her route. And also her flashback story is way too long. It's about twice than the other's flashback so you must prepare your time to finish her route

honestly i never finished Makina's route before cause i didn't like her so i didn't know much about her route. So you may can ask other people's opinions.
Navizel
Okay. Currently I stop going for Makina's and going for Amane's route first. Amane's route has too much h-scene
Apex_old
untitled
Jacqli

Otonashi07 wrote:

Okay. Currently I stop going for Makina's and going for Amane's route first. Amane's route has too much h-scene
yes, she's a pervert after all Xd..

Apex wrote:

How about we get together and create a galgame or a VN
good idea, i can be your story creator Xd, and plot setting Xd.. Just tell me if serious about this . . .
Navizel
So I'm done with Amane's flashback. goddamnit, I spent like 5 hours or more reading that flashback. Can't really say anything about her flashback but after I finished it I also feel sad and gloomy.
Gravey-
Visual novels are great! I like them i have 5 visual novels.
Navizel
Done with Amane's route. Needs more future. Too short after the last choice. And Amane never knew Yuuji's job. bit disappointing

Thinking of doing either Yumiko or Sachi's route next. People say Michiru is the best girl but I just can't like her because tsundere.
FireFoxZX
Dafaq.
Jacqli
wat

just finished DR! (elina's route)
it's a masterpiece!
Freya

Otonashi07 wrote:

Done with Amane's route. Needs more future. Too short after the last choice. And Amane never knew Yuuji's job. bit disappointing

Thinking of doing either Yumiko or Sachi's route next. People say Michiru is the best girl but I just can't like her because tsundere.
well 2 days i spent and still in general route.
particularly long but funny. ' L_ '
Leguna
currently playing Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete.
and i have to say, this VN's like.... whoa (totally need some good machine to run, my laptop bit laggy)
i love the bgm though, made me remember my old days :3
gonna run for all the route :D
show more