forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
UnderminE

Dolphin wrote:

I just finished my first Visual Nove (Sound Novel to be spot on)

I finished reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and honestly, it's the best story I have read ever in my life.
The ending made me shed a tear or two. ;;

It was maybe a bit. Grotesque... But still. It was good. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves Horror/Mystery Novels. It's really good.

Now I need to get the manga.... watch the anime... and then read Chiru..... and then Tsubasa.... (I probably won't be finished before I die)

btw I think I'm going insane. :?
You will see how they skipped important parts in Anime. Just watch it to see those scenes in animation. And read Chiru as soon as possible it is great. You will see how great Umineko actually is. Follow Ange.
Jacqli

Kanade4Life wrote:

anyone know "If My Heart Had Wings" ?
is it good?
I want THAT VN soooooooo BAD!!!!! ;w;
it's a very great VN
still 71% translated
Rio-

Kanade4Life wrote:

anyone know "If My Heart Had Wings" ?
is it good?
My Friend already Played It... And Yes, It's A Good VN worth playing He said... Besides, It isn't Eroge ( But still 15+ )...

Jacqli wrote:

I want THAT VN soooooooo BAD!!!!! ;w;
it's a very great VN
still 71% translated
In ErogeDownload... It's already Translated 100 % and Removed some Scenes
Removed link
Jacqli
Marry Me
Rio-

Jacqli wrote:

Marry Me
BlackbirdSWE
I recently been playing a lot of visual novel game, finish Symphonic Rain, chaos;head, Clannad -The Past Path-, Katahane & If my heart had wings.

For If my heart had wings my favorite heroine is Yori, love her. :)

Currently playing Da Capo III & Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!
Synchrostar
Grisaia no Kajitsu patch released, i know what i'll be doing for the rest of my holiday
ampzz
Already finished it off completely within eight hours; Amane is best.
RA272Nirvash
well, till now i only played Steins;gate, Chaos;Head and some Corps Party games, at the Momment Corps Party: Book of shadows.
i also have played quit alot eroges xD

well .... i am mostly interested in VN on PSP and not on the PC xD ......
i only played S;G and C;H on PC
the rest on my PSP

sadly not realy much good VN are translated into English and are available on PSP..
thats realy shity xD
Tsukiko T
Do Someone knows a Visual Novel like School Days (with animations) ?
Jacqli

ampzz wrote:

review? :3
Dumie
anyone know how to port eroge/VNs to iphone? OwOl
blissfulyoshi
You can always do a remote access to your pc through your phone to play your VN anywhere...

Beyond that, there is no easy way to port VNs to phone just because they are almost always built for windows (and you obv are going to have a lot of difficulty porting minigames or in eushully's case the majority of the game (non txt based parts) to run on phones).

The only one I heard about was porting DS ports of VNs to Android VNDS http://weeaboo.nl/projects/
Fzero100

Synchrostar wrote:

Grisaia no Kajitsu patch released, i know what i'll be doing for the rest of my holiday
Why did the patch have to be released when my holiday ended :c
I guess I'll have to slowly play instead of my usual marathoning.
Dumie

blissfulyoshi wrote:

You can always do a remote access to your pc through your phone to play your VN anywhere...

Beyond that, there is no easy way to port VNs to phone just because they are almost always built for windows (and you obv are going to have a lot of difficulty porting minigames or in eushully's case the majority of the game (non txt based parts) to run on phones).

The only one I heard about was porting DS ports of VNs to Android VNDS http://weeaboo.nl/projects/
dang it =w=; think it would work if i jailbroke my iphone and installed an Android system on there lol? o3olll
blissfulyoshi

Dumie wrote:

dang it =w=; think it would work if i jailbroke my iphone and installed an Android system on there lol? o3olll
I have no clue about the state of iOS's hacking is, so I have no clue if taht will work, but you can always try (but wow that is roundabout). On another note, there are VNs specifically for mobile devices, and I am pretty sure iOS has more of them than Android does, but they are probably all in jp, and who knows the quality of these things (the con I recently went to had a booth for a reverse harem game for iOS (and Android too, but they stressed iOS more))

Also as a note, if you have a DS, you obv could use VNDS on that too
Jacqli
nothing better than playing VN in your laptop
Synchrostar

ampzz wrote:

wtf, all the endings in 8h? it took me 10 to get to the point where i could make my first choice
Dumie

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Also as a note, if you have a DS, you obv could use VNDS on that too
hhahaa i got a ds emulator on my phone :D
AstralPhnx
For that person asking about if my heart had wings I had a look at it on the derusia digital distrobution platform and apparently people are complaining that its too expensive and they butchered the translation so it doesn't make sence. If you want my opinion try and get the japanese version cut and english patched instead of buying that expensive badly translated port
BlackbirdSWE
English patch for If my Heart Had wings is definitely better than MoeNovel translate, jeez too many broken engrish.

I'm currently playing Grisaia no Kajitsu & Kamidori Alchemy Meister
ampzz

Synchrostar wrote:

ampzz wrote:

wtf, all the endings in 8h? it took me 10 to get to the point where i could make my first choice
Yep, I was surprised myself.

If you're after my personal preference for this VN then...

> Makina - Makina's storyline over all was fairly boring and I didn't care too much for her character to begin with as it felt kind of 'forced'.
> Amane - She was sort of weird since her character comes off as being rather 'strong' but eventually it was easy to warm up to her.
> Michiru - Both Amane and Michiru's routes were about on par but Michiru edges out just because of what you find out in her route.
> Sachi/Yumiko - Yumiko wins out for overall storyline content and change but Sachi's had the really good emotional pull; I won't spoil why that is as you can find out yourself. : )

As a side note; be sure to complete both good and bad endings for each character as they're all highly enjoyable.

If anyone wants me to I'll provide my own walkthrough to obtaining all of the endings possible.

No offence to any Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete fans but I found it to be sort of lacking in my opinion. Even the visuals were kind of boring as well with the characters looking weird themself; heck you've even got twins where the only change is what they tie their hair up with which was really lazy.
blissfulyoshi
Anyone have any tips in relieving boredom when doing Makina's route in Grisaia. After the many SoL chapters of the common route, Makina's route is becoming near unbearable at points.

At some point my reaction is going to become like this:

(Only hope is that I have another VN to play, which has been far more interesting (stares at pic))
LQA20Ans

Synchrostar wrote:

Is it a full patched ver...?

If it's totally translated, I'll quit OSU until finish the Kajitsu lol.
El SolarBeam
I'm trying to search english patch for Rewrite Harvest Festa, but haven't found any
it's hard to find fandisc translation though lol

(well amaterasu translation is quite preferable, but I dunno when they'll release one)
Eroge Hero
Talking about Visual Novels on Osu? I like this idea!
I'm playing Grisaia no Kajitsu myself at the moment.
Jacqli
If my heart had wings atm

first impression is AWESOME VN!!!
LQA20Ans

wait... what is it mean?
I can't install because of this :(
blissfulyoshi
That line probably just means that the folder you said the game was in, does not have the game in it.

On another note, I somehow finish Makina's route in Grisaia, and wow that was terrible...I even started practicing that screaming pose I posted in the pic above.
AstralPhnx

ProBlackbird wrote:

English patch for If my Heart Had wings is definitely better than MoeNovel translate, jeez too many broken engrish.

Agreed. I actually got in touch with one person on the pulltop staff (the people who made the japanese version) and they replyed to me saying that they are cracking down on moenovel and are getting more profetional translators in to fix those errors (MoeNovel is a sister company of pulltop).
Rio-
Is G-senjou no Maou good? I want to Download Buy this? :?
[Vndb]
ampzz
Incoming wall of text to respond to a few questions/ etc. in this thread.

El SolarBeam wrote:

I'm trying to search english patch for Rewrite Harvest Festa, but haven't found any
it's hard to find fandisc translation though lol.

(well amaterasu translation is quite preferable, but I dunno when they'll release one)
Amaterasu will be doing a translation project for this but for now they're taking a decent break away from it as they forced themselves quite a bit to complete the original iteration's project.
Just have patience and wait like everyone else does.

[Kanbe Kotori] wrote:

wait... what is it mean?
I can't install because of this :(
You need to set the installation path correctly to where you have Grisaia no Kaijutsu installed for the English patch to be applicable.

Tuxdude143 wrote:

ProBlackbird wrote:

Agreed. I actually got in touch with one person on the pulltop staff (the people who made the japanese version) and they replyed to me saying that they are cracking down on moenovel and are getting more profetional translators in to fix those errors (MoeNovel is a sister company of pulltop).
I had no idea why people were so eager to give MoeNovel any credit at all; they did a horrible job with the novel with a really stupid decision to remove an entire route as well as make it default as all-ages.

If anything what they should have done besides translating the game correctly in the first place would have been to include an install option to question users which version of the game they would like to play

TL;DR version - MoeNovel is shit.

satriobp wrote:

Is G-senjou no Maou good? I want to Download Buy this? :?
[Vndb]
Yes, and no.

Reason for this vague response is that the other character routes besides the true one are all subpar with Tsubaki being the worst... funny thing is that the order of worst to best is actually the order you can get them anyhow. IE. Tsubaki (horrible) > Kanon (average) > Mizuha (alright) > Haru (best).

If you can overlook the fact of the first two heroines being a poorly written storyline and focus purely on the last two choices you will really enjoy it.

Funny thing with Akabei Soft2 is that any of their short-haired characters tend to be the worst heroine/route in their respective games with the only exception to this being Amane Makishima from Okiba ga Nai! (Clearly not biased at all)
Jacqli
Anybody know, when Irotodori no Sekai full patch will be finished and release?
ampzz
Going to quote myself here since people never really get the point...

ampzz wrote:

Just have patience and wait like everyone else does.
Just be thankful people even put the time/effort into doing fan-made translations which are released publically.
NoHitter
Amane's route in Grisaia feels a bit too dark.
That bus flashback.
Well that affected me quite more than it should have.
Jacqli
Now Playing : If My heard had wings
Next : Grisaria no Kaijutsu

Oh god, i'm a slowpoke.
LuxNova
Ze Yakimochi!
Jealous of all of you who can read Grisaia no Kajitsu. I want to read Makina's route so bad; her sniper in the OP instantly grabbed my attention.

Now going back for the old, good quality ones, starting with Ever17. I just love how much trivia you can learn from them.

Also learning Japanese so I can read Gensou no Idea -Oratorio Phantasm Historia-. It's got a Rewrite feel to it.
NoHitter
LuxNova, from what I've seen and heard, Makina's route is the worst xD

Just finished Sachi's route. I have to say its my favorite so far. Her character development was definitely interesting.
Dear gods, I still can't get that bus flashback out of my head though. That slow conversion from rationality to depravity -_-
LuxNova
Wut? But...but...it has the most lines...And I loved her personality in the demo...
Jacqli

NoHitter wrote:

LuxNova, from what I've seen and heard, Makina's route is the worst xD

Just finished Sachi's route. I have to say its my favorite so far. Her character development was definitely interesting.
Dear gods, I still can't get that bus flashback out of my head though. That slow conversion from rationality to depravity -_-
Maid Power...

Whuaaa.. XD
i'm looking forward to play this VN..
show more