forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix
I've been reading Rewrite since 3 days non-stop and I'm still in the Prologue, not sure if I read incredibly slow or ...
Harp Note
It has been a month since i posted, in that time i finished Umineko (Last week) and Rewrite (yesterday), and what can I say? Both were really good and had an amazing OST.

I'm not going to write a review but the bgm i liked the most:

Magicphoenix wrote:

I've been reading Rewrite since 3 days non-stop and I'm still in the Prologue, not sure if I read incredibly slow or ...
It's just too long, but i liked it anyway (I think I'm a Key fanboy xD).

It doesn't have much to do with this but I wish in most VNs you could skip chapters/sections/etc entirely (not only with fast forward), like in Fate or Koitate. Most of the time it's annoying to wait to the next choice. I needed 7 plays (without counting moon and terra). to complete in a 100% this VN, one for each routes and the other 2 for the friends/missions, the walkthrough saved my life.

_____

Now I'm not sure what game I will play, half a year ago I donwloaded Cross Channel, Katahane and Ever 17, and for whatever reason they still are in my pc, so probably one of these will be next.
Magicphoenix
Ever17 !!!1111!oneeleven

+ I finished Chihaya & Lucia route, now I'm quarter-way-in Kotori's route :P
Sakuya is the biggest man-mode badass in life, he too epic *^*
and Lucia's route was so much lovey-dovey until I suffocated, until, well...let's say the ending didn't really convince me

On a side note, this is without doubt the best OST

On a serious note, those are my favorites :
Anemone flaccida
Sunbright
Beyond the Darkness (not BGM but Ending though)
Black Star Sickness
=D
Dafydd
i won't be playing the next 2 routes (i heard there were 2) at the moment in fate/stay night since "fate" was just too much for me to bear.
Harp Note
Yeah, at first I didn't like him much, but after knowing more about his story it turns to be a really good character, well some people say that it has to be called Sakuya route instead of Chihaya lol.

For me, the best route (of the five) was Akane, it was a great change in comparison with the rest, and with that in mind, Terra was the best of all, you will know soon. And the best heroine it was Chihaya, I really liked her voice, sadly, is the most "bullied" xD (or is that Yoshino?)

About Lucia, I agree with you, much lovey-dovey, definitely not the best, but Kotori's route was the worst.

So, you recommend Ever 17? It has the best ranking of the three. Probably I will go with that next.

Dafydd wrote:

i won't be playing the next 2 routes (i heard there were 2) at the moment in fate/stay night since "fate" was just too much for me to bear.
Yes, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. That was one of the first i read, in my case I couldn't not read the next routes, nice memories.
ampzz

Harp Note wrote:

So, you recommend Ever 17? It has the best ranking of the three. Probably I will go with that next.
Yep, well worth the time even with it's slightly dated graphics.

If you like sRPG styles at all, please give Eien no Aselia a go, it is an amazing game with an equally compelling storyline.
VNDB link: http://vndb.org/v74
Yafutsufa

ampzz wrote:

Harp Note wrote:

Yep, well worth the time even with it's slightly dated graphics.

If you like sRPG styles at all, please give Eien no Aselia a go, it is an amazing game with an equally compelling storyline.
VNDB link: http://vndb.org/v74
too hard playing eien no aselia.... give up after 3/5 battles.... i just can`t win :( :( :(
Harp Note
I played that some time ago, only cleared Esperia and I think I was going for Eselia in the next. The gameplay was fun but I dropped it after some time, it's hard for me completing these games, the same thing happened to me with Sengoku Rance (main story completed / half way in the second play) and Kamidori Alchemy Meister (Servalwi completed / half way in the second play), maybe I don't have many patience and I waste much time trying to make the best moves, so in the end i don't keep playing. But I'm sure I going to pick it up one day. (not sure if "pick it up" is the right verb, whatever)

Yafutsufa wrote:

too hard playing eien no aselia.... give up after 3/5 battles.... i just can`t win :( :( :(
At first i was like that too, but once you understand how the system works it's somewhat easy. And keep saving regulary of course, there are times when I keep and keep realoding, such a perfectionist lol
JNoob312
I'm still kind of new to visual novels as well and I'm willing to try more interesting one (preferably ones with voices).
I played:

Little Busters!
Rewrite
Wanko to Kurasou
Monmusu Quest 1 & 2
Katawa Shoujo

I'm thinking of trying out Fate/stay Night as well b/c I watched the anime and Fate/Zero and I heard the last route was really good... but yeah recommend some yo 8-)
WishfulFiction

JNoob312 wrote:

I'm still kind of new to visual novels as well and I'm willing to try more interesting one (preferably ones with voices).
I played:

Little Busters!
Rewrite
Wanko to Kurasou
Monmusu Quest 1 & 2
Katawa Shoujo

I'm thinking of trying out Fate/stay Night as well b/c I watched the anime and Fate/Zero and I heard the last route was really good... but yeah recommend some yo 8-)
MGQ bros
that feel when you play as a shota getting consensual sex

also I recommend Muv Luv alt. or 11eyes
but if you are going for something less mainstream you can try Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete
I don't play too many vn so I can't really help with non-mainstream ones
Magicphoenix
I recommend
G-Senjou no Maou (detective, yakuza)
Ever17 (Mystery, Drama, Survival)
ef - a fairy tale of the two (relationship)

:P
NoHitter
Reading through ef now. Finding time to sneak a read is so difficult with my schedule and all >.<

Oh and I suggest Steins;Gate. Pretty cool thriller/sci-fi (but not that much) VN. You'll enjoy it a little more if you have some background in science.
UnderminE
Instead of Ever17, I'd suggest Remember11. Pretty realistic and feels more-adult-like than Ever17. Though both are in the same Infinity universe, but still Remember11 stands 1 step further.
Haya
I am playing Koihime Musou right now and gotta say that it's pretty much fun!
JNoob312

Haya wrote:

I am playing Koihime Musou right now and gotta say that it's pretty much fun!
Really how is it? b/c I have to say... I'm a big fan of the anime (watched all 3 seasons) XD I'm in love with Rin Rin XD
ampzz
The anime does not do the VN source justice at all, since the male protagonist is never once shown as the original story was supposed to go.
It was never an all-girls event.
Magicphoenix
^Basically that
I haven't seen the anime (only the 1st episode after I played the VN), but like ampzz said, the addition of a male protagonist who's (obviously) the biggest deal in the Eroge changes the whole thing a lot and it's enjoyable to say the least.
Sotodashi
Are there Visual Novels with likable protagonists? (i.e., not walking clichés)
ampzz
Depends on what sort of 'likeable' traits you're after; mind listing some?

I know a few protagonists off the top of my head which are highly enjoyable since they're not the useless stereotypical sorts.
Apex_old
Someone go help me get the original galgame copy of Kanon and Clannad.
Yafutsufa

Apex wrote:

Someone go help me get the original galgame copy of Kanon and Clannad.
is there any? kanon and clannad already released long time ago... try searching in any shop at akiba or asking some collector
Jacqli
Currently playing: Kamidori Alchemy Meister
3rd playthrough on emilitia route and i hate her <,<
3 Best Female Char from that VN (for me) :
1. Serawi <3 (so romantic)
2. Melodiana (Extremely Beautiful)
3. Ragsumuena (i just like her)
Nakatsu Shizuru

Jacqli wrote:

Although I like Serawi the most, I like Emelita as well. As for the game itself, well.. it was my first SRPG VN and probably the last one. It took me a few weeks to finish it, and more importantly, I'm more into VNs with decent stories. It has its moments, the gameplay, the art and the characters are good so I gave it a 8 anyway.

On a different note, can someone recommend me a VN? Unfortunately, I can't speak japanese so it has to be english translated. It would be best if you could tell me your favourite ones and if I haven't tried it yet, then I'd give it a try. Thanks in advance.
Jacqli

Kagari94 wrote:

Jacqli wrote:

Although I like Serawi the most, I like Emelita as well. As for the game itself, well.. it was my first SRPG VN and probably the last one. It took me a few weeks to finish it, and more importantly, I'm more into VNs with decent stories. It has its moments, the gameplay, the art and the characters are good so I gave it a 8 anyway.

On a different note, can someone recommend me a VN? Unfortunately, I can't speak japanese so it has to be english translated. It would be best if you could tell me your favourite ones and if I haven't tried it yet, then I'd give it a try. Thanks in advance.
I hate a woman that like to having gossip...

Well maybe i can help you.. i know VN quite a lot.. just PM me what type of VN that you want? ;)
Nakatsu Shizuru

Jacqli wrote:

Well maybe i can help you.. i know VN quite a lot.. just PM me what type of VN that you want? ;)
Thanks, PM has been sent.
Lance
Just started on Rewrite. key did and OUTSTAND job with the UI this time around. The verdict is still out on everything else. Not really a big fan of the BGM.
ampzz
KEY never does visual novels right anyhow.

Rewrite was the only novel from them which I actually would have 'liked' if only not for the protagonist.
Miracle Lotus
Started reading two VNs right now: "your diary" and "Garden".
Though Garden isn't translated yet or even downloadable in the internet, I bought a hard copy of it and I'm having trouble reading it.
"your diary" has an interesting premise and it's partially translated, so far it looks gorgeous and the opening is just awesome.
Totally didn't get those two VNs because of Duca.
Momochikun
There is no EX version for Rewrite ? Lol lol~
KuroAkuma

Jacqli wrote:

For me the its
1. Lily (Bloodsuck III + L33t Damage)
2. Mylen (Prevail III + Long range Nuke)
3. Ragsmuena (Inb4 Death procs)

They are all very nice looking aswell so...yea...that workis in their favor aswell.

Storywise i agree with Jacqli
Serawi's was the best.
Jacqli

KuroAkuma wrote:

For me the its
1. Lily (Bloodsuck III + L33t Damage)
2. Mylen (Prevail III + Long range Nuke)
3. Ragsmuena (Inb4 Death procs)

They are all very nice looking aswell so...yea...that workis in their favor aswell.

Storywise i agree with Jacqli
Serawi's was the best.
How did you get those two? O_o

hehe is it? i really love serawi so much! :D

i want to send you a pm
LQA20Ans

Momochikun wrote:

It would be hard because of Kitamuta Eri, Saitou chiwa(spell correct?) and Hanazawa Kana lol
Lance
I'm progressing though the character routes in Rewrite slowly due to irl stuff. Lucia's route is just... strange. It had very good moments, but the writer went full retarded at the end.
Jacqli
damn.. i want to play Rewrite so much :'(
Magicphoenix

Lance wrote:

I'm progressing though the character routes in Rewrite slowly due to irl stuff. Lucia's route is just... strange. It had very good moments, but the writer went full retarded at the end.
Yep, my potential 2nd/3rd favorite route went straight down to second to last because of the ending...never go full retard guys
It did have the best romance moment out of every route though :D
Harp Note

Momochikun wrote:

This

____

Btw, I have been playing Ever 17, and finished Tsugumi and Sora's route, it was a little tedious the second play, the skip function is at fault xD (It doesnt work the way i like it, whatever). I think Tsugumi's route was better than Sora's but Tsugumi is so annoying, well, at first...
UnderminE
Tsugumi is lovely ok ;__; Keep reading, it took me almost 1 year. But in the end, I have no regrets because of the way it ended.
Harp Note
I know xD The end of her route was great, but it's hard to like her at first, anyway, I haven't "touched" the game in two weeks so I don't know when I will finish it.
Jacqli
Currently playing : Hoshizora no memoria ~wish upon a star~
i'm looking forward for kotomo route XD
Lance
Okay. Shizune's route's ending got to me. key might not know how to write a cohesive story, but they sure know how to make you cry like a little girl.

Edit: So there is one saving grace of Rewrite's character routes: Akane's route. The writing was actually passably good. Now all that's left is the final route.
show more