forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sonez_old

Magicphoenix wrote:

Yes. And she WILL - MAKE - YOU - CRY lol (hehe call me fame-bitch but i'm gonna post this here !! http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22987)
Mapped the most awesome OST of this game
This map is actually how i found the vn, many thanks <3
NoHitter

Magicphoenix wrote:

Nah, I guess the alternative to the usual CG of a VN is explained through videos in School Days. Though I've never played the game and I don't plan to do so.
So I played through it a bit.
It IS a VN but instead of the usual sprites + background, it's in an "interactive movie" format.
Sprites are all animated, the background moves as well, and instead of text, they use audio (with subtitles though).

Edit: Referring to School Days HQ
DeScarlett
August-Soft A Big FAN >w<

Whirpool Love the artwork

Key The Stories exceptionally good

Navel I started reading vn because of them. Shuffle! FTW xD

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion

And many more :oops:
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion
What I've known and liked (so far).

Also, did you know that 07th Expansion was inspired by Key?
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion
What I've known and liked (so far).

Also, did you know that 07th Expansion was inspired by Key?
was it ? O.O
i don't really know about that ><
i only started read them last year after all :D
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

was it ? O.O
Yeah, it was.

Ryukishi07 (the one behind 07th Expansion) wanted to make a similar feeling to Key's works, but brings another unpredictable (if you know what I mean) impact at the end. Leaving a certain feeling that's much more different than Key's.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

was it ? O.O
Yeah, it was.

Ryukishi07 (the one behind 07th Expansion) wanted to make a similar feeling to Key's works, but brings another unpredictable (if you know what I mean) impact at the end. Leaving a certain feeling that's much more different than Key's.
i see your point.
but ryukishi illustration were really something, and not to say the story itself really amusing - and a bit confusing for some people lol

i just loved how they put that amazing illustration - epic storyline & soundtrack XD
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.
but ryukishi illustration were really something, and not to say the story itself really amusing - and a bit confusing for some people lol

i just loved how they put that amazing illustration - epic storyline & soundtrack XD
Well, for newcomers that just started out with 07th Expansion, the illustration isn't exactly the pinnacle of Ryukishi-sama's works. The story is, and always will be.

But for us, I think the illustrations, sounds and storylines fits perfectly together, don't you think? It's just that no one can put them better together than him.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.

Well, for newcomers that just started out with 07th Expansion, the illustration isn't exactly the pinnacle of Ryukishi-sama's works. The story is, and always will be.

But for us, I think the illustrations, sounds and storylines fits perfectly together, don't you think? It's just that no one can put them better together than him.
Agreed, but the art of the new Rose Guns Days is a bit meh for me.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.

eeeeh ? i thought Ryukishi did illustrated the manga himself ? o.O
fit ? it's almost perfectly matched in my own opinion xD
Gimme moar of THIS
BERNKASTEL-SAMA <3

anyway, for all of you VN Readers or just want to start read VN. it's 07th Expansion is highly reccomended
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

eeeeh ? i thought Ryukishi did illustrated the manga himself ? o.O

fit ? it's almost perfectly matched in my own opinion xD

Gimme moar of THIS
BERNKASTEL-SAMA <3
No, he didn't.

Yes, yes it is.

You're still following Bernkastel? So am I, but that's because I'm a lolicon.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

You're still following Bernkastel? So am I, but that's because I'm a lolicon.
i'm her loyal servant lololol

not sure i like her because he completely have rika image. anyway, the main reason the same as you. i am a lolicon haha
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

i'm her loyal servant lololol

not sure i like her because she completely has Rika's image. Anyway, the main reason the same as you. I am a lolicon haha
Well, I like Rika too...

So you're a lolicon as well? I'll look forward to our friendly relationship.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

That's because it's new. Also, I don't think Ryukishi-sama is behind the illustrations.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Well, I like Rika too...

So you're a lolicon as well? I'll look forward to our friendly relationship.
Added :D

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Something Written Here

"Ryukishi07's newest PC novel game set in post-WWII Japan to ship in 2012"
and i was like
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

Added :D
Let the [murder] games begin.

DeScarlett wrote:

Something Written Here

"Ryukishi07's newest PC novel game set in post-WWII Japan to ship in 2012"
and i was like
You just knew that? It's been out for a while, though. The PV, that is.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

You just knew that? It's been out for a while, though. The PV, that is.
i thought the latest project was Higanbana :oops: . i only noticed it 3 days ago. when i opened their website. and somehow, i got the feeling i won't like that one XD
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

I thought the latest project was Higanbana :oops: . I only noticed it 3 days ago. when i opened their website. and somehow, i got the feeling i won't like that one XD
It's new, and it's a change.

Too fast for a change.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

It's new, and it's a change.

Too fast for a change.
exactly !!
sadly for me i can't keep up with their pace this time :(
Tsukimi Luna
School Days HQ

Se-chan minus the hentai = <3<3<3<3<3
mathexpert
Started "Little Busters!" by Key. Looking foward to the anime, I hope I can finish the VN before the anime finishes airing~
Remonwater
I tried Katawa Shoujo as my first visual novel. I really love it and highly recommend it for beginners.
I've gone through Emi, Shizune, Hanako, and Rin's routes so far, Shizune being my favorite one.
DeScarlett

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Started "Little Busters!" by Key. Looking foward to the anime, I hope I can finish the VN before the anime finishes airing~
"Little Busters!" ? not the "EX" ?
*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD

Yuu-Chii wrote:

School Days HQ
Se-chan minus the hentai = <3<3<3<3<3

N y a r u k o wrote:

Itried Katawa Shoujo as my first visual novel. I really love it and highly recommend it for beginners.
I've gone through Emi, Shizune, Hanako, and Rin's routes so far, Shizune being my favorite one.
Nice one :D

btw, Nyaruko, the full ver of Katawa Shoujo already released ? i only read the trial ver so far lol
NoHitter
Katawa Shoujo was released ages ago.
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD
mathexpert is under-aged?!

My life is a lie...

NoHitter wrote:

This is true.

Nice signature, BTW.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

NoHitter wrote:

This is true.

Nice signature, BTW.

since 2009. checked it on vndb. a few hours ago

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
That proves it, doesn't it?

And I was talking to NoHitter about the sig. But yours is quite nice as well.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
That proves it, doesn't it?

And I was talking to NoHitter about the sig. But yours is quite nice as well.
uh uh

*GASP
self centered detected
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

It was? When?
mathexpert

The Ribbon Red wrote:

mathexpert is under-aged?!
My life is a lie...
This is amusing xD

DeScarlett wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD
lol I don't really care about that age stuff, I'd much rather play the EX version, but I don't think there's a translation of it..? If there is, could you kindly give me the link ^^
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

It was? When?
that statement goes for me lolol

mathexpert9981 wrote:

lol I don't really care about that age stuff, I'd much rather play the EX version, but I don't think there's a translation of it..? If there is, could you kindly give me the link ^^
i got it from the site where i usually check some reccomendation here check it out

SPOILER
Y U NO PLAY WITH ITH

It's a Suggestion not a Demmand lol
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

that statement goes for me lolol
Okay...

Too bad I'm currently falling head over boots over something that's not a galge/VN.
Kazuo
just finished moonshine ;_;
now im wondering if i should play clannad or finish sharin no kuni...
Magicphoenix
If you think you hit rock-bottom with your feelings on drama then you should play Muv-Luv Alternative. It literally has THE most dramatic horrible cruel thing I've ever witnessed ever before regarding VN-Anime-Manga. It burrows a hole into your stomach and they're gonna build up painful moments for you lol. Very painful ones OTL
You must. Must. Play this VN.
Mogsy
I planned on picking up Muv-Luv rather recently. Seems like it'd be a neat VN.

Considering going through Tears to Tiara, as well. Anybody else ever play it? If so, how was it?
DeScarlett

Magicphoenix wrote:

If you think you hit rock-bottom with your feelings on drama then you should play Muv-Luv Alternative. It literally has THE most dramatic horrible cruel thing I've ever witnessed ever before regarding VN-Anime-Manga. It burrows a hole into your stomach and they're gonna build up painful moments for you lol. Very painful ones OTL
You must. Must. Play this VN.
SPOILER
Muv-Luv
Muv-Luv Altered Fable
Muv-Luv Alternative
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.1
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.2
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.3
Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse
Muv-Luv Supplement

very long sequel ~ DX

Mogsworth wrote:

Considering going through Tears to Tiara, as well. Anybody else ever play it? If so, how was it?
since Tears to Tiara was Leaf releases. i believe it's good
Sallad4ever

Mogsworth wrote:

I planned on picking up Muv-Luv rather recently. Seems like it'd be a neat VN.

To put it simple, it's your typical SRPG.
I'm not really far into the game myself (first time setting foot on avalon) but it's good if you're into medieval fantasy setting
The Ribbon Red

Sallad4ever wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

To put it simple, it's your typical SRPG.
I'm not really far into the game myself (first time setting foot on avalon) but it's decent if you're into medieval fantasy setting
Magicphoenix
Finished Muv-Luv Alternative. Holy shit, must play.
Also, what pissed me off is that the epilogue was a diashow without text but only audio and there was no translation to it, it was pretty much happily-ever-after talk and you could understand something but sitting 5 minutes having that VN open listening to japanese and not knowing what they say is a bit frustrating
Oreiora
Got the guilty crown: lost christmas preview awhile back, never had a chance to read it though, but I had a look this morning and the graphics were epic.
ampzz
It's Nitro+ what do you expect?
show more