General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
emonite
Visual Novels I currently have but none completed yet:
Flyable Heart (not patched)
Fate/stay night (patched)
Katawa Shoujo (English so no need for patch)
Little Busters! (patched)
My Girlfriend is the President (not patched but I heard that there is a official English version)

Don't like Saya no Uta because it is way too dark for me,does Flyable Heart have any English patch yet?
NoHitter
IIRC Flyable Heart had a machine translation English patch, so it's not going to be easy to read.
emonite
Machine translation is just...training to decipher. 8-)
Mystgun

emonite wrote:

My Girlfriend is the President (not patched but I heard that there is a official English version)
?
yes there is and i'm playing it right now xD

those

C L O U D wrote:

emonite wrote:

?
yes there is and i'm playing it right now xD

Yes, there is, and I'm about to finish the fourth and final route.
blissfulyoshi
Kamidori takes up way too much time T_T.

Oh well, here is a great truth....
Faust
Words of wisdom.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I actually want to try it too cause it has strategy gameplay, I wonder if it's good though
blissfulyoshi

Sallad4ever wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I actually want to try it too cause it has strategy gameplay, I wonder if it's good though
Well sinked 55 hrs in 2 weeks playing that game, so it must be decent I guess.... (Gameplay is very similar to fire emblem where you have a hero class person go around killing mobs. Storyline is nothing special. Battle animation needs work. Difficulty level on normal setting is a little bit harder than FE on normal difficulty (Goddess of Dawn without saves on normal is probably still harder if you want to keep everybody) Gameplay length for 1 route is 40hrs (I took 48 because there were 3 stupid quest that I wanted to complete but took like 2-3hrs for me to collect things like 50 of each fruit). In the end, you have to enjoy it for gameplay to enjoy the game, and note that some quest are stupid to no end.)
Sallad4ever
Hmm I don't mind a farming quest and seeing you willing to spend time to play it I guess the game is worth playing, so time to download this game 8-)
those
I find the name "Sharty" amusing
senaya

NoHItter wrote:

IIRC Flyable Heart had a machine translation English patch, so it's not going to be easy to read.
http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35920
lol, it was pretty confusing.
Synchrostar
finally finished yuela route on kamidori. Now finishing those extra stories before starting NG+.
10nya
VN done :
-Imouto Paradise :>
-11eyes
-11eyes crossover
-11eyes -Resona Forma-
-Real Imouto Iru ga ooizukmi-kun no baai <if im not wrong
-Fortune Arterial
-Koiiro Soramoyou and the Fandisk
-G-senjou no Maou
-Shunki Gentei Poco a Poco
-Tayutama and the fandisk
-Princess Waltz
-etc

On going VN:
- DRACU-RIOT! Web Trial
-Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo
-Twinkle Crusaders PSS -.-
taloscal
The 'Phoenix Wright' series is one of the best series ever IMO
currently i have been obsessed with;
- 'Katawa Shoujo' (highly recommended)
- 'Umineko' (not for the weak-minded or hearted)
and i've also started on 'Fate Stay Night' (though i am only on the prologue scene ATM)

also i don't know if it counts but, the school life sections in the 'persona' games also have a special place in my heart, some of the Social Links you make are incredible
Oreiora
Yeah, Katawa Shoujo is a really good one, just to clarify, you CAN turn off the ecchi scenes in options so technically it is suitable for the underaged teens.

Recently I started a random VN I found on A-S called Supplement Time, it revolves around a relationship between Hatsune Miku and a boy who finds her abandoned on the street.
NoHitter
/bump

Playing through School Days HQ.
So far all I've seen are videos... Is the story narrated through video or something?
Magicphoenix
Nah, I guess the alternative to the usual CG of a VN is explained through videos in School Days. Though I've never played the game and I don't plan to do so.

During the past week I cleared a few routes of Katawa Shoujo (anal & scars) + Kamidori (crayll OP unit) and now starting Muv-Luv Alternative lol
nomen
I'm playing Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, though my progress is rather slow. Oh and yes, it's my first VN.
Faust

nomen19 wrote:

I'm playing Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, though my progress is rather slow. Oh and yes, it's my first VN.
What an entry..

Enjoy.
Suzu_old_1
What I'm playing now:

- Monobeno <3 <3
- Shinsei ni Shite Okasubekarazu <3 <3 <3

What I will play after this two:

- Gurenka
- Shinigami no Testament
- Kamigakari Cross Heart!
- Sakura No Reply
Accelerator-kun
Playing:

Higurashi When They Cry
Corpse Party (if you want to count it as a more interactive visual novel)

Planning to play:

Higurashi When They Cry Matsuri
Higurashi When They Cry Kizuna
Umineko When They Cry
Steins;Gate
Mashiro-Iro Symphony
Magicphoenix

Faust wrote:

nomen19 wrote:

What an entry..

Enjoy.
Was mine as well btw
And still my favorite.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Playing:

Higurashi When They Cry
Corpse Party (if you want to count it as a more interactive visual novel)

Planning to play:

Higurashi When They Cry Matsuri
Higurashi When They Cry Kizuna
Umineko When They Cry
Steins;Gate
Mashiro-Iro Symphony
Sonez_old
Just started Ever17 the other night, seems it was a good pick. Though I haven't gotten that far.

Also Tsugumi is awesome :)
Magicphoenix
Yes. And she WILL - MAKE - YOU - CRY lol (hehe call me fame-bitch but i'm gonna post this here !! http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22987)
Mapped the most awesome OST of this game
Sonez_old

Magicphoenix wrote:

Yes. And she WILL - MAKE - YOU - CRY lol (hehe call me fame-bitch but i'm gonna post this here !! http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22987)
Mapped the most awesome OST of this game
This map is actually how i found the vn, many thanks <3
NoHitter

Magicphoenix wrote:

Nah, I guess the alternative to the usual CG of a VN is explained through videos in School Days. Though I've never played the game and I don't plan to do so.
So I played through it a bit.
It IS a VN but instead of the usual sprites + background, it's in an "interactive movie" format.
Sprites are all animated, the background moves as well, and instead of text, they use audio (with subtitles though).

Edit: Referring to School Days HQ
DeScarlett
August-Soft A Big FAN >w<

Whirpool Love the artwork

Key The Stories exceptionally good

Navel I started reading vn because of them. Shuffle! FTW xD

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion

And many more :oops:
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion
What I've known and liked (so far).

Also, did you know that 07th Expansion was inspired by Key?
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

Yuzu-Soft THOSE EYES

07th Expansion
What I've known and liked (so far).

Also, did you know that 07th Expansion was inspired by Key?
was it ? O.O
i don't really know about that ><
i only started read them last year after all :D
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

was it ? O.O
Yeah, it was.

Ryukishi07 (the one behind 07th Expansion) wanted to make a similar feeling to Key's works, but brings another unpredictable (if you know what I mean) impact at the end. Leaving a certain feeling that's much more different than Key's.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

was it ? O.O
Yeah, it was.

Ryukishi07 (the one behind 07th Expansion) wanted to make a similar feeling to Key's works, but brings another unpredictable (if you know what I mean) impact at the end. Leaving a certain feeling that's much more different than Key's.
i see your point.
but ryukishi illustration were really something, and not to say the story itself really amusing - and a bit confusing for some people lol

i just loved how they put that amazing illustration - epic storyline & soundtrack XD
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.
but ryukishi illustration were really something, and not to say the story itself really amusing - and a bit confusing for some people lol

i just loved how they put that amazing illustration - epic storyline & soundtrack XD
Well, for newcomers that just started out with 07th Expansion, the illustration isn't exactly the pinnacle of Ryukishi-sama's works. The story is, and always will be.

But for us, I think the illustrations, sounds and storylines fits perfectly together, don't you think? It's just that no one can put them better together than him.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.

Well, for newcomers that just started out with 07th Expansion, the illustration isn't exactly the pinnacle of Ryukishi-sama's works. The story is, and always will be.

But for us, I think the illustrations, sounds and storylines fits perfectly together, don't you think? It's just that no one can put them better together than him.
Agreed, but the art of the new Rose Guns Days is a bit meh for me.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

i see your point.

eeeeh ? i thought Ryukishi did illustrated the manga himself ? o.O
fit ? it's almost perfectly matched in my own opinion xD
Gimme moar of THIS
BERNKASTEL-SAMA <3

anyway, for all of you VN Readers or just want to start read VN. it's 07th Expansion is highly reccomended
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

eeeeh ? i thought Ryukishi did illustrated the manga himself ? o.O

fit ? it's almost perfectly matched in my own opinion xD

Gimme moar of THIS
BERNKASTEL-SAMA <3
No, he didn't.

Yes, yes it is.

You're still following Bernkastel? So am I, but that's because I'm a lolicon.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

You're still following Bernkastel? So am I, but that's because I'm a lolicon.
i'm her loyal servant lololol

not sure i like her because he completely have rika image. anyway, the main reason the same as you. i am a lolicon haha
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

i'm her loyal servant lololol

not sure i like her because she completely has Rika's image. Anyway, the main reason the same as you. I am a lolicon haha
Well, I like Rika too...

So you're a lolicon as well? I'll look forward to our friendly relationship.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

That's because it's new. Also, I don't think Ryukishi-sama is behind the illustrations.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Well, I like Rika too...

So you're a lolicon as well? I'll look forward to our friendly relationship.
Added :D

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Something Written Here

"Ryukishi07's newest PC novel game set in post-WWII Japan to ship in 2012"
and i was like
show more