if can, no H-scene please :O
Backfire
Ampzz and X3ro - Yep! That's it.
Fucking awesome game that is.
Faust
Narcissu, is what I would recommend.

The sequel as well, if you may.
mathexpert
thank you for the suggestions!! I'll check them out :)
those
Playing Wanko to Kurasou right now. If anyone has the original, can I get the original text that translates to this:

"She's probably your typical "girl". They are difficult creatures who put priority on "likes and dislikes" over "right and wrong" or "beneficial and not", and they decide on things using emotion, not reason. They drown themselves in "their goodwill" and "their tried efforts", not solving the problem at all."
anthonyyy0

LunarSakuya wrote:

anthonyyy0 wrote:

I've only played (well, I'm in the middle of it) Ever17. Love it so far. Oh, and the Ace Attorney series of course.
ohoho Ever17 YES. Coco's ending is supposedly a mindfuck really intense xD
I should get through the rest of the infinity series :D

Anyway, that and a bunch of BL games LOL Togainu no chi was good

Edit: oh yeah and Time Hollow (someone should remap the opening)
Coco's story is last, right? So far I beat You's, Sara's and I'm almost done with Tsugumi's. I guess I'm closer than I thought to completing the game. I can't wait to see how everything wraps up. I'm already seeing how certain things click into place.

But the biggest mystery, IMO, is that Sara isn't even in Takeshi's story...
Topic Starter
Kokizi

ampzz wrote:

Sharin no Kuni - Himawari no Shojou is the full title.
The fan disc for it was equally as good.
Houzuki was pooting boss
anthonyyy0
Ok... Tsugimi's good ending. </3
Shiirn
I wish i could randomly chat about visual novels

My extremely extensive knowledge of english vns is largely wasted.
Drakari_old

Yumi14 wrote:

Any suggestion for galge?
Kira Kira is good, and there is a non-H version that doesn't loose much... Though as it turns out all they did was remove the pictures. The scene is still there but only in text.

If you do play, I have advice: Do the Kirari ending last, and do it over again right after. If you have any ability to get emotionally attatched to the characters you will need to see the special bonus ending that you can only see after completing every other ending in order to avoid hating the game after Kirari's ending. Even better if you can find a way to not do Kirari's regular ending at all, it's fucking depressing.

Oh, and if you get the iOS version don't save anything in the first save slot. It sometimes will have a glitch and overwrite that instead of the one you select.
Shiirn
My vote list on vndb is a good place to see what visual novels are available in english, as well as what i consider their quality level to be.

I'm confident in being able to say that only a handful of novels are both available in english and not on that list. I can say with 100% confidence that the ones that aren't there don't really matter.

From that point on, actually playing them is a google away.
OmNii_old
Personal favorite:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Clannad
* Shuffle!
* Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai
* Tsukihime / Melty Blood
* Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yumi14_old

Drakari wrote:

Yumi14 wrote:

Any suggestion for galge?
Kira Kira is good, and there is a non-H version that doesn't loose much... Though as it turns out all they did was remove the pictures. The scene is still there but only in text.

If you do play, I have advice: Do the Kirari ending last, and do it over again right after. If you have any ability to get emotionally attatched to the characters you will need to see the special bonus ending that you can only see after completing every other ending in order to avoid hating the game after Kirari's ending. Even better if you can find a way to not do Kirari's regular ending at all, it's fucking depressing.

Oh, and if you get the iOS version don't save anything in the first save slot. It sometimes will have a glitch and overwrite that instead of the one you select.
Is this the vn you're talking about?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirakira_(visual_novel)
Shiirn
http://vndb.org/

seriously use that

http://vndb.org/v414 here's kirakira, even!
ztrot
Really loved ever 17 was a great game then i went and played 999 made by the same guy love his works :p
ampzz
If you can put the SRPG element, and the old graphics of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de aside it was a very nice and interesting visual novel to go through without any erotic scenes included.
It was only the original version which possessed the sexual innuendo but the final release had none of it which is following through to the official English release (working alongside the team who fan English-translated the game) done by JAST.
Tenshi-nyan
Anyone here played Muv-Luv Alternative? It's got the highest rating of all games in VNDB, so it should be damn good, right? :3
Drakari_old

Yumi14 wrote:

Drakari wrote:

Is this the vn you're talking about?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirakira_(visual_novel)
That's the one, and the "all-ages" version really doesn't lose anything over the original... Though it's really not very "all-ages" like I mentioned.
KuronumaSawako

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

Anyone here played Muv-Luv Alternative? It's got the highest rating of all games in VNDB, so it should be damn good, right? :3
Muv-Luv Alternative...if I'm not mistaken, my friend has played it but he did not say what he thought of the game ...
Shiirn

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

The plot was okay but it didn't draw me in like some other stories. Was too gimmicky. Just my opinion, though - people seem to like it a ton.

ampzz wrote:

If you can put the SRPG element, and the old graphics of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de aside it was a very nice and interesting visual novel to go through without any erotic scenes included.
It was only the original version which possessed the sexual innuendo but the final release had none of it which is following through to the official English release (working alongside the team who fan English-translated the game) done by JAST.
It's still a very nice VN with a side bonus of an interactive story based on how good you are at the game, and also allows for more expansive playing once you beat the game several times (level cap first playthrough = 30, second = 60, 3+ = 99, you can choose)
Yumi14_old

Shiirn wrote:

http://vndb.org/

seriously use that

http://vndb.org/v414 here's kirakira, even!
Gee, thanks a lot :D

ampzz wrote:

Might try it, thanks for the suggestion :D
anthonyyy0
The ending of ever17 was amazinngggg. I'm going to play the others in the infinity series now. Assuming they've been translated.
Shiirn
remember11 was

strange
anthonyyy0

Shiirn wrote:

remember11 was

strange
Stranger than ever17? Because that's pretty hard to top. o-o
Shiirn
it wasn't as complete in explaining everything at the end. You were left with a half-finished story that never really made sense (Unless you were both clever AND saw 99% of the bad endings to tie things together), as well as multiple cliffhangers at the end of the legit ending.
anthonyyy0

Shiirn wrote:

it wasn't as complete in explaining everything at the end. You were left with a half-finished story that never really made sense (Unless you were both clever AND saw 99% of the bad endings to tie things together), as well as multiple cliffhangers at the end of the legit ending.
Ohhh, I see. How long is it? Longer than ever17 or shorter? That's the only visual novel I've played so far so I'm not sure about how long an average VN is.
thelewa
TOMORROW IS THE DAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Shiirn

ragelewa wrote:

TOMORROW IS THE DAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Faust
TODAY IS THE DAY
akrolsmir
what, katawa shoujo? Didn't know it was so anticipated...
Scarth
I'm looking into playing Umineko, any thoughts on that?

Also, hi, first post.
NoHitter
Try solving all the crimes before reading Episodes 5 - 8.
Other than that, good luck.
Shiirn

akrolsmir wrote:

what, katawa shoujo? Didn't know it was so anticipated...
i don't know who you are anymore
Lance
AND THE WAIT BEGINS.
thelewa
Drakari_old
Huh, and here I don't even know what that is.

I'll wait until somebody can tell me whether it's horribly depressing.
akrolsmir
Upload being faster than download is certainly new for me.
thelewa

Hanako's skinburns taste like bacon

1.4mb/s it's time to be mad
Lance
With that, the story of Four Leaf Studios is finished. As a single entity, we will not be producing another game. But even though our story has ended, you will now be able to experience a new story; the story that Four Leaf Studios existed to create.
Man, this really got to me. I won't be able to read tonight because I have to work in the morning, but if KS is even half as enjoyable as I expect it to be I will consider it a success. To think a group of people from /a/ can produce something at this scale... maybe it isn't a complete waste of time to be there.
Zerostarry
lol its finally out.

playing nao.
show more