forum

Linux users in a nutshell

posted
Total Posts
show more
BrokenArrow
that feel when my japanese is too fluent so it's super confusing for me to read the wrong subtitles xD #weebproblems :D :D lol
FuZ
top kek my man
Stefan
thank mr jesus
AstralPhnx
There are 2 types of linux users:

Those who go completely FOSS and go batty over anything that isn't

And those who honestly don't mind if they need to install something closed source and mainly use linux for some of the things it provides over windows.

Personally I feel I fall into the latter, I don't mind having to use closed source software and I mean trying to go completely open source would be nothing but a pain in the neck due to how much stuff out there requires the use of something closed source.

I mean I use ubuntu GNOME 16.04 mainly because I find it lighter on my resources than windows but I don't hold myself back by restricting myself to only FOSS software.

FOSS is nice but in this day and age using only FOSS software is just restricting yourself

(And for the record I do have windows 10 installed as well and I do use it for things like gaming but usually I'm just using linux because it doesn't feel the need to make my fans kick in when performing the simplest of tasks)
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
i do wish windows had some GNOME functionality
AstralPhnx

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Yeah that is one thing that got me really attached to GNOME. The GNOME tweak tool mainly and how you can use it to apply extensions to tweak the interface to your liking. I really like that
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
also some of the accessibility features would be nice to have for me
roshan117
i fucking love linux

i like to use mint
AstralPhnx

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

also some of the accessibility features would be nice to have for me

Oh yeah linux has some pretty solid accessbility features (honestly they get overlooked way too much)
Frolski
2/10 because anime
-Makishima S-
sudo rm -f /*
fat pear
linux users cry so fucking hard when people use windows/mac seriously their neckbeards reach the floor
fat pear
Linux user used Socialize!

It's not very effective...
Wuxo
Fix all problems in Linux:
1. Open terminal
2. Use command sudo rm -rf /

well nevermind, Taiga already used this joke
abraker
Let's play Russian roulette. Running this 5 times on your valuable data will prove you have balls of steel.

[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root / || echo *Click*

I can't believe I almost forgot that anime
AstralPhnx

abraker wrote:

Let's play Russian roulette. Running this 5 times on your valuable data will prove you have balls of steel.

[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root / || echo *Click*

I can't believe I almost forgot that anime
That's not russian roulette. That's just lose lose without the game part lol
abraker

tux wrote:

That's not russian roulette. That's just lose lose without the game part lol
Implies russian roulette is a game lol
The Gambler
GNOME 3 and Unity are pretty heavy on my cheapo laptop. I run MATE instead as it's lighter on resources and feels a lot more like Windows. The distro is Ubuntu btw.
AstralPhnx

The Gambler wrote:

GNOME 3 and Unity are pretty heavy on my cheapo laptop. I run MATE instead as it's lighter on resources and feels a lot more like Windows. The distro is Ubuntu btw.
Yeah I have heard a lot of good stuff about MATE. My machine can handle GNOME 3 though so I can get away with using it
The Gambler

tux wrote:

Yeah I have heard a lot of good stuff about MATE. My machine can handle GNOME 3 though so I can get away with using it
GNOME 3 feels really weird to use however... Unity was somewhat more intuitive but suffers from the same problems as GNOME in my use-case scenario. If anything, KDE, Cinnamon and MATE are my go-to for desktops.
AstralPhnx

The Gambler wrote:

tux wrote:

GNOME 3 feels really weird to use however... Unity was somewhat more intuitive but suffers from the same problems as GNOME in my use-case scenario. If anything, KDE, Cinnamon and MATE are my go-to for desktops.

Oh I can completely understand people finding GNOME 3 hard to use and indeed out of the box it is quite hard to use but once you have tuned it using the extensions and the GNOME tweak tool it really becomes a lot easier. However it isn't for everyone
KatouMegumi

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

There's KDE for Windows. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fat pear
i swear you are all nerds