forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Selee
Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji ...

It has the crappiest protagonist I've ever seen...but the story&theme are pretty impressive ...
Topic Starter
ztrot
Those who hunt elves was pretty decent :P
Guy-kun

CDFA wrote:

Theoretically, K-On, because nobody outside of osu except for like, president of the anime club, knows what it is ;D~.
Just....
No.
Rantai
Forgot to add, Manabi Straight!

A heartwarming slice of life... that I have never seen mentioned anywhere.
schimdth

Ever17 wrote:

I remember this anime it was aired in Ph mid 90's I remembered I use to cut class just to
watch BT-X :lol:
Cuddlebun
I never see anyone talking about Kamen no Maid Guy, makes me wonder

or maybe I just don't talk to a lot of anime nerds seeing as how I don't watch that much anime
Anzo
WORKING!!
Firo Prochainezo

anzo-nii wrote:

WORKING!!
WORKING!! is pretty poplar, in my opinion.
Pashune
Probably Gakkō no Kaidan, AKA Ghost Stories. I actually preferred the english dub over the japanese dub. Whoever dubbed the anime basically turned it into an 'abridged' series since the anime didn't fair so well in Japan and they thought it was going to do just as bad or worse in the states.

I also like Gokudo. It's an older anime most people don't care about, but I think it's hilarious.
SamiPale

Mogsworth wrote:

Quite popular. Like pretty much everything Production I.G. does sans Ghost Hound (from what I can tell).

Speak of the devil, Ghost Hound also fits.
then BLASSREITER? compared to CODE GEASS R2 and SOUL EATER at that time it's not so popular, but the story is epic.
Maxer00
heheehe, Maria Holic...
Azure_Kite

Mogsworth wrote:

SamiPale wrote:

Eden of the East. It's mysterious.
Uhh, is it popular?
Quite popular. Like pretty much everything Production I.G. does sans Ghost Hound (from what I can tell).

Speak of the devil, Ghost Hound also fits.

I've been watching that recently. I have a few DVDs lying around.
Kert
Hanamaru Youchien
Cute, innocent and kindhearted anime with no perverted jokes and things like that
Vext_old
Hurr Naruto.

Master of Martial Hearts, what a wonderfully beautiful and well written/animated/acted show.
Kurowolfe
For me, it's Natsume Yuujinchou. Really nice pace and storyline.
Kokizi
last exile and ef
KFreezeOfFire
This would be easier if my favourite series weren't so goddamn popular! :cry:
Well, in my opinion, series like Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei and Revolutionary Girl Utena, though somewhat popular, don't get as much love as they deserve.
DerekMcD
Himesama Gokujin
Saint October (In 4:3... and 13 - 26 is never subbed...)
boat
Afro Ken

it was amazing
akrolsmir
Ones I've watched that others have mentioned:

Nagasarete Airantou
Those who hunt elves...

My own input: Kowarekake no Orgel? Dunno exactly how unpopular it is but it's mentioned very rarely. Actually introduced to that through the song from osu!.
TheFlook
Itazura na Kiss.
Very good, I randomly clicked it one day and watched it. Was a very satisfying Anime.
whymeman
The Big O

Yeah yeah, I can already see the joke in that. But it was something that stood out and kept me interested.
Firo Prochainezo

whymeman wrote:

The Big O

Yeah yeah, I can already see the joke in that. But it was something that stood out and kept me interested.
Dorothy <3
sfknight
I'm not sure if this is unknown or not but,
Minami-ke.

I've looked around and not many people have been talking about it like when someone needs a request on anime.
Rantai
Ahh I love that anime <3
Senbon
Witchblade; it is based on the American comics.

I thought it was very good and I haven't seen much anime with a dedicated mom, the daughter made things a little better even though she's a little annoying. There were a few nice subplots in there as well.

I saw it all on On Demand a couple years ago.
ampzz
One anime I didn't mind which had an interesting setting and character situations that I found nice would have to be:
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Extracted synopsis from My Anime List
After contracting hepatitis A, Ezaki Yuuichi has been confined to a hospital away from his friends and family, much to his displeasure. To relieve his boredom, he has taken to sneaking out of the hospital, usually putting himself on the receiving end of a beating from his nurse. Upon meeting a girl his age also staying in the hospital, he is immediately captivated by her beauty. Akiba Rika's personality is not quite as captivating as her beauty however. In fact, she is rather selfish, moody, and bossy. But as the two spend more time with each other, they become closer, sharing the ordinary joys and trials of a budding teenage romance, even when darkened with impending tragedy - for Rika's condition does not leave her much longer to live.
MAL source link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Hanbun ... oboru_Sora

Had a nice, heart warming ending which was good and topped the show off.
mistylear19
I'll just give a list, and I know some are repetitive.

Kino no Tabi (Currently my all-time fave anime), PlanetES, Serial Expiriments Lain, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Best Student Council, Gentleman's Alliance Cross, Kodocha (Kodo no Omocha), Kaleido Star, and Demon King Daimayo.

And then there's a manga that I can't remember the name of that followed a girl that had a huge crush on this famous athlete. He was going to an all-boys school, so to get close to him, she dressed up as a boy. Where I read to, he knew, but didn't want to tell her. Some various people in the school (like the doctor) know, and tell her they know, but don't do anything to get her kicked out. If someone could remind me of the name of it, I'd be really happy.

There's others I like, but I'm not sure how well-known they are, and some of the other not-well-known ones aren't necesarily faves. And if this was too many, I'm sorry. >.< I just like sharing info.
mekadon_old
Maria + Holic lalalala
peppy

mistylear19 wrote:

Kodocha (Kodomo no Omocha)
I saw this thread title and came to post this one. You beat me.

Another few old classics that I'd say a lot of you would have never heard of:
Angelic Layer
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Honey & Clover (possibly quite popular? unsure)
Lilac
Well, I've certainly heard of Honey & Clover so it might be.

Didn't see it though, I might.
those
Pita Ten!
Rantai

peppy wrote:

Honey & Clover (possibly quite popular? unsure)
That one has been sitting on my HDD for ages... thanks for reminding me to actually watch it XD

Also I dug up - Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase, not many people know it last I checked. I found it enjoyable.
Vext_old
Maburaho.
Hiryuu_old
Nagasarete Airantou. Every episode made me laugh hard.
Haseo_old
Yakitate!! Japan. I dunno if it was popular, though.
xsrsbsns
Can't think of any unpopular ones that I've watched, since I don't find anime myself. Groove Adventure Rave seems to be the closest thing, though.
Leeg
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Neo Ranga
mathexpert
not unpopular, but underrated: Kannagi. (seriously a 7.72 on mal?!? this deserves at least a 8.7)
Comedic masterpiece, funniest slice of life out there.
Paperboy_old
Law of Ueki?
Has anyone mentioned it?
show more