forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix
Nagasarete Airantou :? (at least i don't know anyone who knows that great anime x.x)

Higashi no Eden ..

Lamune

REC

Suzuka

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

oh i'm sure i can still count many others ;w;
Faust
Cooking Master Boy, people.

Used to watch that show so fucking way back.
Astom
Uhmmmm *-*

-Gun x Sword
-JINKI: EXTEND
-Zegapain
-Ramen Fighter Miki
... and so much others, the list is already very long lol
Firo Prochainezo

Wassaaaa wrote:

Sora no woto

Zeto no Hanayome

Seikon no Qwaser

Darker Than BLACK

:3
I hope you're trolling.

Back to the topic: Aoi Bungaku
Al-Azif

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

1. Galaxy Angel (all series, but i liked the 3rd the most)
    I wonder why i don't see people talking about it, i thought it had a lot of nonsense fun.
I like it also...

1. Demonbane
This is where my ID come from.
Magicphoenix
oh edit to my list -
Macross Frontier ... (ok i think many people like it but why doesn't anybody talk about this epic anime? ><)
SamiPale
Eden of the East. It's mysterious.
Uhh, is it popular?
Claudia_old

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Galaxy Angel (all series, but i liked the 3rd the most)
I wonder why i don't see people talking about it, i thought it had a lot of nonsense fun.
oh my god something in here i've heard of before

+1
Faust

SamiPale wrote:

Uhh, is it popular?
It is.
Mogsy

SamiPale wrote:

Uhh, is it popular?
Quite popular. Like pretty much everything Production I.G. does sans Ghost Hound (from what I can tell).

Speak of the devil, Ghost Hound also fits.
Shohei Ohtani
Theoretically, K-On, because nobody outside of osu except for like, president of the anime club, knows what it is ;D~.

Maid-sama was also cool too, but I'm not if that counts as unpopular.
Fabi
Mogsy

CDFA wrote:

Theoretically, K-On, because nobody outside of osu except for like, president of the anime club, knows what it is ;D~.
You know a thread's a failure/being trolled when someone mentions the animu making the most money in Japan.
Shohei Ohtani

Mogsworth wrote:

CDFA wrote:

You know a thread's a failure/being trolled when someone mentions the animu making the most money in Japan.
;D~.
Selee
Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji ...

It has the crappiest protagonist I've ever seen...but the story&theme are pretty impressive ...
Topic Starter
ztrot
Those who hunt elves was pretty decent :P
Guy-kun

CDFA wrote:

Just....
No.
Rantai
Forgot to add, Manabi Straight!

A heartwarming slice of life... that I have never seen mentioned anywhere.
schimdth

Ever17 wrote:

I remember this anime it was aired in Ph mid 90's I remembered I use to cut class just to
watch BT-X :lol:
Cuddlebun
I never see anyone talking about Kamen no Maid Guy, makes me wonder

or maybe I just don't talk to a lot of anime nerds seeing as how I don't watch that much anime
Anzo
WORKING!!
Firo Prochainezo

anzo-nii wrote:

WORKING!!
WORKING!! is pretty poplar, in my opinion.
Pashune
Probably Gakkō no Kaidan, AKA Ghost Stories. I actually preferred the english dub over the japanese dub. Whoever dubbed the anime basically turned it into an 'abridged' series since the anime didn't fair so well in Japan and they thought it was going to do just as bad or worse in the states.

I also like Gokudo. It's an older anime most people don't care about, but I think it's hilarious.
SamiPale

Mogsworth wrote:

Quite popular. Like pretty much everything Production I.G. does sans Ghost Hound (from what I can tell).

then BLASSREITER? compared to CODE GEASS R2 and SOUL EATER at that time it's not so popular, but the story is epic.
Maxer00
heheehe, Maria Holic...
Azure_Kite

Mogsworth wrote:

SamiPale wrote:

Uhh, is it popular?

I've been watching that recently. I have a few DVDs lying around.
Kert
Hanamaru Youchien
Cute, innocent and kindhearted anime with no perverted jokes and things like that
Vext_old
Hurr Naruto.

Master of Martial Hearts, what a wonderfully beautiful and well written/animated/acted show.
Kurowolfe
For me, it's Natsume Yuujinchou. Really nice pace and storyline.
Kokizi
last exile and ef
KFreezeOfFire
This would be easier if my favourite series weren't so goddamn popular! :cry:
Well, in my opinion, series like Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei and Revolutionary Girl Utena, though somewhat popular, don't get as much love as they deserve.
DerekMcD
Himesama Gokujin
Saint October (In 4:3... and 13 - 26 is never subbed...)
boat
Afro Ken

it was amazing
akrolsmir
Ones I've watched that others have mentioned:

Nagasarete Airantou
Those who hunt elves...

My own input: Kowarekake no Orgel? Dunno exactly how unpopular it is but it's mentioned very rarely. Actually introduced to that through the song from osu!.
TheFlook
Itazura na Kiss.
Very good, I randomly clicked it one day and watched it. Was a very satisfying Anime.
whymeman
The Big O

Yeah yeah, I can already see the joke in that. But it was something that stood out and kept me interested.
Firo Prochainezo

whymeman wrote:

The Big O

Yeah yeah, I can already see the joke in that. But it was something that stood out and kept me interested.
Dorothy <3
sfknight
I'm not sure if this is unknown or not but,
Minami-ke.

I've looked around and not many people have been talking about it like when someone needs a request on anime.
Rantai
Ahh I love that anime <3
Senbon
Witchblade; it is based on the American comics.

I thought it was very good and I haven't seen much anime with a dedicated mom, the daughter made things a little better even though she's a little annoying. There were a few nice subplots in there as well.

I saw it all on On Demand a couple years ago.
show more