forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mogsy

PolkaMocha wrote:

Trinity Seven. It just started. :D
it's one of the higher-rated series from this current season on MAL, plus it's the harem-du-jour so it's got plenty of fans.
Lanturn
Pick something random before 2006 and it's pretty much unknown :P

Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love / Brighter than Dawning Blue. | http://myanimelist.net/anime/1543/Yoake ... scent_Love
Anime adaption of a 2005 Visual Novel. Most people probably haven't even heard of this or only watched a couple episodes. First half is like filler which is really just used to help develop the relationship of the MCs, and second half is where it really starts to get good with the story and completely worth it.

As much as I also want to mention Glass no Kamen / Glass Mask (2005), I'm pretty sure it's popular/known enough. If you haven't heard of it, watch it!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1974/Glass_no_Kamen_(2005)
All about theatre and acting. Even if you aren't a fan of acting in general, it'll still pull you in really easy.
Mogsy

Lanturn wrote:

As much as I also want to mention Glass no Kamen / Glass Mask (2005), I'm pretty sure it's popular/known enough. If you haven't heard of it, watch it!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1974/Glass_no_Kamen_(2005)
All about theatre and acting. Even if you aren't a fan of acting in general, it'll still pull you in really easy.
I really enjoyed Glass Mask's 2005 adaptation, even if it gets really silly (the entire Miracle Worker arc made me laugh for whatever reason); I was hesitant to list it simply because Glass Mask is a VERY well-known manga from the 70's, actually helping to set a lot of shoujo manga's stylistic trends (its influence in Japan is up there with Rose of Versailles!).
Neku Okazaki
Miyakawa-ke no kuufuku, I find this on youtube :O

Dokixdoki
Gatchaman Crowds anyone?
Green Platinum

41236 wrote:

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, because it's very funny and I like Suzuko Minori's voice.
I swear there are dozens of us yet it is getting a 4th season

Neku okazaki wrote:

Miyakawa-ke no kuufuku, I find this on youtube :O
Considering it kinda gets the whole Lucky Star crowd by default idk if can be considered unpopular. Forgetable sure tho
sayechka
Hotarubi no mori e and Wolf's Rain. I think they are pretty unpopular, but...?
Kyonko Hizara
Does Ga-Rei: Zero count? I only have 2 other friends that have ever seen it and most people I know have never heard of it.
Diu
One Outs :)
Axiaan
My favorite unpopular anime is Shigofumi. ^w^
13 episodes, 1 season.
It's the story of a mailwoman who send the "last letters" from the world of the deaths to their friend or other. (in the "normal" world)
This anime talk about the death, the last sentence we have to say before the died.
It's very interesting, and I like this unpopular anime. :)

(Sorry, I haven't a very good english, so if my post is not in a "good english", I apologize)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Well, it's not so much an anime, but the OVA: Sento Yousei Yukikaze was quite good imo
I like things involving aerial combat, without adding other features like mecha/transforming planes :/
Nub1
Non Non Biyori's not popular when it released and I never imagine it will became popular

but now, it rated #604 and ranked #423 in myanimelist :\
Green Platinum
MAL ratings aren't really anything to go by SAO was like #13 after only episode 1 had aired.
AJ-FreakS
Ill go for Shiki.
Nathan
prince of tennis mostly because it was a childhood anime
Xerxes Break
Zankyou no Terror, I think this anime are pretty unpopular
_HiguchiKaede
Pretty old anime, Zipang.

sojekt wrote:

Zankyou no Terror, I think this anime are pretty unpopular
ZnT is on top 150 popular anime in MAL. Its the best summer 2014 anime i think ;_;
Aka
tegami bachi :(
Hidden-
I really liked Ben-To, I don't know if it's unpopular, but I personally never heard of it before my friend talked to me about it.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Fortune Arterial was pretty good.

It made me marathon through it and it takes a lot to make me marathon an anime. :3
DeletedUser_3473174
Brave 10
Xanaehla
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
NicaHime
Bincho-tan

Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime
- K a t h -
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai :3
Katze
I really liked Kuragehime but idk if it' popular or not i dont think so
Yuudachi-kun
Tragedy on the G line.

There's one sub 1k view video of it on Youtube like. I've watched it over three times and still have no clue what it's about.
Athrun
Gundam Ms8th Team
Cocolites
ghost hunt ;) :D
-Nya-
Ehh, Tokyo Mew Mew?? I'm not sure if it's really that unpopular, but it's the most unpopular one I have watched till now.
Dranembo
I don't know if it's unpopular or unknown but Deadman Wonderland.
kuniinobu
togainu no chi !! it was orginally a visual novel game thing and it became an anime (much like DRAMAtical Murder!!) but it never got as popular ^~^
CrystaltheCool
I have a feeling that nobody here knows what Madoka Magica or Soul Eater are. ;_;
-Nya-
@ CrystaltheCool: I know what Madoka Magica is and I looovvveee that series, the movie as well, but I don't think it's unpopular though, not at all.
Green Platinum
Both Madoka and Soul eater are insanely popular atleast after their release. Anime fans are just fickle since there is always a huge turnover of new viewers watching newer stuff.
EneT
Theres quite a lot of unpopular anime that I like but Kyousougiga is the first that pops into my mind
-SayaKai
Tokyo Mew Mew.
Monstrata
Kimi to Boku (Not to be confused with a certain other anime with a very similar name)

Epitome of slice-of-life.
Green Platinum

monstrata wrote:

Kimi to Boku (Not to be confused with a certain other anime with a very similar name)

Pretty sure Aria the animation is the epitome of slice of life.
Monstrata

Green Platinum wrote:

monstrata wrote:

Pretty sure Aria the animation is the epitome of slice of life.
Aria is definitely up there, but it's setting makes it less slice-of-life imo :P.
Zuikaku
Not sure if anyone here has watched this but 'Seitokai Yakuindomo'? :roll:
show more