forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mogsy

kirukashi wrote:

B1rd wrote:

how is Rurouni Kenshin unpopular/unknown?
you'd be surprised how many people in my area don't know it
you see I kinda hate this excuse, "people in my area don't know it"

they're not the major representation of fandom at large. Besides, RK is a Shonen Jump staple.

FireFoxZX wrote:

asof right now Moetan
remove the link from your post, linking to torrents or illegal streams is against forum rules. I'd edit it out, but no more mod powers.
Elit3Blaze
A-Channel is what i call a 10/10 school/slice of life!!! <3
FlyingNeko

Elit3Blaze wrote:

A-Channel is what i call a 10/10 school/slice of life!!! <3
A-Channel was amazing <3
KuroyuriArlovS
Kuuchuu Buranko, Hourou Musuko, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to iu Onna, Maria Holic, Moyashimon, and Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.
Oh, and Ixion Saga DT. I think these are pretty unpopular.

Also, for a bit BL/shounen-ai choices, the KonoDan series. sobs.
kirueggy
Canaan

but be warned, the amount of sugoi is unbelievable
iRish_Cadence
Brothers' Conflict has 30K members only in myanimelist.net so i consider that unpopular.
Papa no iukoto wo kikinasai, no one from my school knows that, so yeah.
Demon
Plastic Nee-san , Its one of the funniest anime's i have ever seen and its pretty underrated.
kanasayu
ano natsu de matteru was so good and it would've been better without the fanservice
moonlight666
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho
akrolsmir
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, recently.
tanteiRE
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Even though the Aya Hirano voices the main character and sings the ending song, I think it's pretty unknown. Can't find the manga ANYWHERE, either.

Has a pretty nice opening, too.. :D
AutoMedic
Ixion Saga bby
Kyonko Hizara
I posted here before, but another one I really like is Haibane Renmei
[-Tsubomi-]
Magi the Labyrinth of Magic <3
tanteiRE

Kali-Senpai wrote:

How is that unknown or unpopular? The manga is still ongoing as well..
[-Tsubomi-]

tanteiRE wrote:

Kali-Senpai wrote:

How is that unknown or unpopular? The manga is still ongoing as well..
From what I've seen it's not very popular among places I've been
tanteiRE
I suppose it depends on where you live or what school you attend..
I went to an anime convention a couple months ago and there were a number of characters from Magi there :)
[-Tsubomi-]

tanteiRE wrote:

I suppose it depends on where you live or what school you attend..
I went to an anime convention a couple months ago and there were a number of characters from Magi there :)
yeah nye guess , I'm in the area of California , it's getting there , Magi is getting there I've seen a coup of cosplayers here and there ~
Yuuribo
Devil Survivor 2:The Animation isn't that popular,so maybe that counts. :D
LiarFires
I'd say Uchouten Kazoku, most people I know never heard about it yet it's a great anime with cool animation and interesting plot.
(plus there are tanukis, who could dislike tanukis :roll: )
Hidden Symphony
Ghost Hound

So far I haven't seen anyone mentioning this series at all.
But it's a nice Supernatural/Psychological series with well-made chars and an interesting story.

And well, though it's not Anime related but it would like to see that Manhwas get a bit more attention.
There are great pieces of work to find. :<
Mogsy

Hidden Symphony wrote:

Ghost Hound

So far I haven't seen anyone mentioning this series at all.
But it's a nice Supernatural/Psychological series with well-made chars and an interesting story.

And well, though it's not Anime related but it would like to see that Manhwas get a bit more attention.
There are great pieces of work to find. :<
Ghost Hound is absolutely brilliant, and definitely a title I wish more people would see.

LiarFires wrote:

I'd say Uchouten Kazoku, most people I know never heard about it yet it's a great anime with cool animation and interesting plot.
(plus there are tanukis, who could dislike tanukis :roll: )
It's definitely a bigger hit among those with a critical eye than the general anime fan, and it was actually my favourite show of last year.
Kyonko Hizara
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokoro-chan. I'm not sure if it was popular among everyone or if it was something that was only widely talked about among a small group. I only know one other person that's seen it and a handful that have heard of it.
Green Platinum
Naru20
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Jindujun93
I'd say Kino no Tabi. Well, that's the fate of an anime like that, I suppose. It does have a fanbase, but only consisting of those that actually reached a certain age so that they can enjoy it to its full extent. Under normal circumstances I'd probably have named Mushishi as well, but due to Zoku Sho airing this year, it's actually getting a bit more recognition as well. Still underrated in my opinion, though.
The Sugoi Goat
kuroko no basuke seems to be oddly unpopular ;w; its so good yet noone watches it just because its a "sports anime." most people don't seem to know mirai nikka too ;w; Even tho yuki is there :o <3
LOL69
uh clannnad
Gumpy

The Sugoi Goat wrote:

Most people don't seem to know mirai nikka too ;w;
How do people not know what that is even I knew what Mirai Nikki is before I started watching anime.
[Lewd]
Witchblade, complicated story for some pepole but overall really good anime in my opinion
Ryu Sei
I'd like Saki; especially on Nationals sequel. Well their expression while playing mahjong.....
AutoMedic

LOL69 wrote:

uh clannnad
clannad is well knowned for it's feels

so no
Gumpy
According too MAL not alot of people watched Steamboy so i'm picking that.
-Seren-
id say Ga-Rei: Zero
Nekolike
hmmm koi to senkyo to chocolate <3
HaruryuuSan
Witchblade.
AR10 Only

Harumi wrote:

Witchblade.
Yeah i loved Witchblade too !
chainpullz
Answering for a RL friend of mine: school days
tanteiRE

Jeeroox wrote:

Harumi wrote:

Witchblade.
Yeah i loved Witchblade too !
Witchblade is certainly underrated. If it weren't for the excessive fanservice, I'd say it's an anime for everyone to watch. :)
Karona_old
Kuuchuu Buranko, Paranoia Agent and Ping Pong The animation. They're my favorites but i've never seen people talk about them.
show more