forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Seren-

ponko wrote:

Hotarubi no mori e. Very cute.
and very sad at the same time
IsseiTheBest

Ideolo wrote:

Just found another one I love, Haibane Renmei~ <3
Haibane Renmei is one the most liked anime in Italy
Sapphiire_old_1
.hack// Series they are awsome its in the style of sword art online
Opticallusion
Denpa teki na kanojo. The reason its unknown is because it only has two episodes. Everyone should give this a shot, though. It's freaking amazing.
Mistercool121
Im gonna say another because i hardly ever see anything about it but its really epic and deserves a watch :D
The Joker
I would have to say Durarara! It is such a good anime. Everyone should watch this (:
SereneMidnight
I can't really be too sure about current anime, because I haven't seen anything of the 2013 seasons yet aside from Devil Survivor 2 (Don't recommend it) and Senran Kagura (I don't recommend it, either. Too focused on fanservice to make people see what the game series is really about.) But I would definitely suggest checking out Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon if you can. Other older anime that isn't well known (At least to me) is Shinigami no Ballad (Read the manga and light novel if you can!,) and Yumekui Merry.
anthag
Zombie-loan, don't know if it is really unknown or unpopular but I haven't seen much of it
Caraele
Air (tv)
Many people that I know haven't seen this, so it seems unpopular, but it's great. ; u;
Ztyx
Papakiki
xMomo_old
Kamisama Karin, it's really cute but not a lot of people have seen it, it is a bit old :)
Sunday Without God, a lot of people was watching Attack on Titan and didn't even checked this anime out, it has a weird story line but it is really good and has a touching ending that had me in tears, maybe because I'm too emotion :D
Shirotaku
[C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
One of the best underrated anime i've ever seen it is sooo good...
i don't get why it's not really popular

Also Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
it's more of an OVA series that took 1 year to be aired, but if you like harem and mecha it's awesome :D
kinda similar to Hayate no Gotoku
shotademon
probably Nichijou

it's a kyoani one but for some reason no one seems to know it
Gilochan
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. i cant staph laughing and HNGGGG
Mineko
Tamako Market? is the only unpopular that comes to my mind, I really enjoyed it
Seikunai

Mineko wrote:

Tamako Market? is the only unpopular that comes to my mind, I really enjoyed it
Don't tell me that I'm the only one who thought that it's mediocre.

For me, Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey and Clover)

It's my top 2 anime (Gintama is my top 1) and it's really good.

One of the best romance story that I have seen. Ever. I can relate with the characters, plus the good drama and comedy as well. Great storywriting.

People don't usually watch these kind of anime, sadly. And it's Josei, people usually turn away from these genres.
Pruvia
Aikatsu! :'3

Click here to watch
washedupplayer
Aku no hana, it seems to be rather unpopular for...obvious reasons, but it is a great show imo.

As for unknown...well I'm not competly sure that it is unknow, but I haven't seen/heard much discussion about it, so I'll go with Usagi Drop.
Liiraye
gdgd fairies! At first glance noone would watch a show this crappy looking, but as a reference of it's greatness I made 5 mates watch a few episodes together and we ended up marathoning 2 seasons that day. We laughed hard every episode and it takes quite a lot of anime knowledge to get the references (still fun if you don't get all of it).

I'm sad that it has around 1k viewers on mal whereas most people drop it for not watching more than an episode due to the graphics.

The animation was produced by one guy and half of the episodes aren't even scripted. They Keep in the bloopers in the show as well. A definite MUST to see if you want comedy.
Tsukimi Luna
NouKome is too underrated
Its amazing and yet its not very popular :(
Chainsaw-chan_old
I think it's a little more known now but when I first watched Katanagatari nobody knew what the hell it was and it just kinda flew under the radar for 2 big reasons

1)each episode is 50 minutes I believe
2)it was made by the creator of Bakemonogatari and Bake ended up stealing all the attention

Also Un-go because I expected it to sky rocket in attention because of how great it was and it's a pretty cool concept
but it just never got the deserved attention
Chainsaw-chan_old

Fergzyy wrote:

I would have to say Durarara! It is such a good anime. Everyone should watch this (:

also durarara is everything but unknown, it was even aired on television in america on toonami sooo...
Sanbyoururu
For me, it's probably Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy).

Seriously, I have no idea why this series got so little attention. It may look a little artsy and unusual I guess, but that isn't even a bad thing at all. Actually, it's pretty damn cool to look at, the story is great, as are the characters and soundtrack. Throughout its 11 episodes it manages to be both serious and hilariously entertaining without ever being too silly or clichéd, and while seeming somewhat incoherent at first, it all builds up to one of the greatest conclusions I've ever seen in anime.

I can only highly recommend this series to anyone who doesn't mind pausing the video from time to time to read the tons of crazy fast mono/dialogue, it's so worth it! :3
Magic Girl
Probs Pani Poni Dash
Sousaki
Kurokami the Animation
hinr
Is Dantalian no Shoka unpopular? if yes, then yeah, that.
Abominableve
Shigofumi was really good I dont recall seeing it anywhere

and Amnesia~
it had maybe its 4 minutes of fame on tumblr but the hype wasnt what it deserved
it did well for an anime adaption of an Otome Game
Mogsy
I really liked Shigofumi but Amnesia is a hilariously horrible show. Just in terms of adapting a visual novel to the screen and its inept execution.

To throw one I've recently finished onto the pile: Asatte no Houkou.
Kaona
Shugo Chara! <3
Abominableve

Mogsworth wrote:

Amnesia is a hilariously horrible show. Just in terms of adapting a visual novel to the screen and its inept execution.
I wish they tried harder with it, it seemed like they tried to spend budget on pretty art and animation over story.
It certainly is crap compared to the better adapted animes like Kanon2006, clannad and ect

i appreciated that it wasnt another school days at least uhg i abhorred it even with the art
but the art and animation is what won me over
as far as otome and visual novel games go- i really hope DRAMAtical Murder gets one
then again BLs dont get good animes

sekai ichi hatsukoi is a bit underrated for what its worth too but that can be a whole other topic to

Kaona wrote:

Shugo Chara! <3
its not unpopular or atleast not that unpopular, it had the biggest hype since Tsubasa when it came out.

to be honest i think the hype is bigger than what it deserves but thats just me
but then again i always preferred Clamp's works over Peach Pit
Quaraezha

RRRREEEEEDDDDDDLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE

It's an anime movie though. Which are almost always unheard of if it's not a series.
silmarilen

Quaraezha wrote:

RRRREEEEEDDDDDDLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE

It's an anime movie though. Which are almost always unheard of if it's not a series.
i watched that and tbh, i didnt really like it that much (its also ranked top100 on anime-planet so i wouldnt call it unpopular)
Quaraezha
It is a pretty dumb movie. Everything is cliche and you can pretty much predict what's gonna happen.
But fuck it, man. It felt good. Every god damn frame is a wallpaper.

While it is popular in a certain aspect, it's sad that a lot of people never heard of it :'(
At least from among my friends, especially the "rabid otakus" they claim to be.
limee_old
Hikaru no Go. Don't really hear about it.
klepon_old
The Law of Ueki, I wonder have the power of Ueki that can change trash into tree for save the earth.
Slayers. Old anime and not bad. Lina character in dota was inspired by the same character in this anime.
NG Knight Lamune & 40. I don't think that anime for kids but that's funny.
kouzuki_karen
tsukihime

I think it's unknown anyway since only one of my friends have heard of it
-NoTitle-
- VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire
- Kiba
- Princess Tutu.
Karote

mrdumpling64 wrote:

tsukihime

I think it's unknown anyway since only one of my friends have heard of it
I've heard it's supposed to be really bad that type moon fans pretend it doesn't exists.
Though manga/visual novel is pretty awesome.

Koi Kaze
The Tatami Galaxy
Rec
Hunter x Hunter (2012) - I know it's popular but doesn't get enough attention as other shounen anime.
Kisetsunotori

limee wrote:

Hikaru no Go. Don't really hear about it.
Yeah but the art is really good
Restless Spirit
Currently it's Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne. Funny thing is: Someone on the osu!forums in this particular section redommended it to me. But nobody I ever talk to knows about this anime.
show more