forum

[ Yui ]'s Adopt a Scrub Tournament [Completed]

posted
Total Posts

Should this tournament be Score v1 or Score v2?

Score v1
50.40%
Score v2
19.02%
I don't care and will be okay with anything
16.36%
I care but I don't care to care, so I care to not care to care
14.23%
Total votes: 752
show more
oumae
Name: _oumae
WhakMyWontons
Name: WhakMyWontons
Pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur (else Yui will receive 1 cookie)
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament (and Yui will receive 1 cookie)

I am concerned on randomly generated teams having people in many different timezones which could cause complications, but otherwise, looking forward to it :D
Naruto-kun
Name: Jimbo
Pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.
Electovoid
Name; Electovoid
Rank; 3,105

Pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.

>Will also apply as a Mappool selector if one is needed. I understand that I may not be able to compete in the tournament if I do so to prevent selection to my own advantage.<
RedKing
Name: RedKing
-jordan-
name: -Jordan-
- Chaehyun -
Name: - Kurk -

Jona7117
Name:Jona7117
Ardent
Name: Ardent
Acr0h
Name: Acrohthebeast
Rank 70k~

'if i were to not be able to play at that time can i then be romoved from the list? my parents are unpredictable. if i cannot do that just ignore this request of joining. also who am i gonna write to i dont think its mentioned in the post other than (the officials)'
GeepSy
Name: GeepSy
I pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Carron
Name: Carron
I'm always reachable, except if I'm sleeping lol.
Makes sense I guess.
So I pledge that I'm able to communicate and that I won't complain if I get kicked cause I'm afk.
Ale
Name: Ale
Rank 15,770
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament
Erikk-
Name: Dracou
Rank 51900
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament
Im fine with communicating :D
Anata yori umai
Name:___--___

I was wondering? When does this tournament start?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

___--___ wrote:

Name:___--___

I was wondering? When does this tournament start?
Most likely Mid or Early July. I am currently setting up staff and looking at the early registrations and will decide what happens based on feedback and everything like that, so it may take time to get it started, but I think this will overall be really fun for everyone :D
- Ako Tamaki -
eh why not
Name: AkoTamaki
Nnjarazor
Name: Nnjarazor
I pledge to the stuff :p too lazy to copy paste
[Verethragna]
Name : [Verethragna]
iskandarex
Name: Iskandarex
Pledged to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Pledged that I understood that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Skyzie
Name: Azurium
Halfslashed
Question, what's with the top rank range?

The gap between the lowest end of that bracket and the highest end is just too much, making it kind of unfair for the players on the lower end of the bracket (say I join and face off against the rank 600 player, for example). Is there anything that can be done about that?
Fairy Bread
Name: Illinon
Fluxeer
Name: Fluxeer

Is there any way of communicating, like a discord server or something else?
Ash Ketchum
Meh, might as well join cause my tourney is cancelled.

Hopefully I'll have time for this.

Name: Tioners
[ M e a k u ]
Name: [ M e a k u ]
Amanda
Name: Tonarinototoro
Rank: 265 (propperly more like 280 when we're going to play)
Ill do my best to pledge to your requests, but i might be going on hollidays and such since it's summer, so it depends on when the tournament is held c:
~ love Tona
LaBron Jayms
Name: nuvasek
I pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
mcgen
Name: mcgen

I will keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.

I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Regnag
Name: Regnag
I Pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
StephOsu

Halfslashed wrote:

The gap between the lowest end of that bracket and the highest end is just too much, making it kind of unfair for the players on the lower end of the bracket (say I join and face off against the rank 600 player, for example). Is there anything that can be done about that?
It wouldn't matter much as long as these stuffs are in working

[ Yui ] wrote:

How it works
This then leads you to wonder how I am going to balance it, so that the matches are fair. I decided to do a swapping format of players where each rank range will have their own map pool. This means that for each map they captain will choose a player to play and the map they are going to play. The captain must involve all of their players before they can use the same player again. This adds a bit of strategy to the mix, so the captains can save or use players strategically. Since each rank range has a different map pool, I have decided to make sure the map pool is fair to most. I decided to make it, so that each map that is played is freemod, which means you can put HD, HR, or FL as a mod. These are the only three mods you are allowed to have on at any point in time during a match except for warm ups. I will also allow the captains to ban maps (total depends on the stage), so that they can make a strategy around who each team has played so far and what players they can play currently. In order to ensure that no team is stacked and more interaction occurs between players, I will be making the teams based on who registers for the tournament and will randomly put teams together.

Match Rules
* The captain picks a map and then the official will mark down that the player for that team can not play until every other player on the team has played.
Since the teams will be picked by officials instead of the captains, the team will be balanced in terms of ranks, so rank wouldn't matter
As for the maps being played, since each map is picked before the player is picked, and each player can only play once until the whole rotation ends, captain almost always want their players to play in the mappool they should be playing
Shime-
Shimemem
Reqayon
Name: iRebellion
I pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that no confusions will occur.
I pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause my removal from the tournament.
Halfslashed

StephOsu wrote:

Halfslashed wrote:

It wouldn't matter much as long as these stuffs are in working

[ Yui ] wrote:

How it works
This then leads you to wonder how I am going to balance it, so that the matches are fair. I decided to do a swapping format of players where each rank range will have their own map pool. This means that for each map they captain will choose a player to play and the map they are going to play. The captain must involve all of their players before they can use the same player again. This adds a bit of strategy to the mix, so the captains can save or use players strategically. Since each rank range has a different map pool, I have decided to make sure the map pool is fair to most. I decided to make it, so that each map that is played is freemod, which means you can put HD, HR, or FL as a mod. These are the only three mods you are allowed to have on at any point in time during a match except for warm ups. I will also allow the captains to ban maps (total depends on the stage), so that they can make a strategy around who each team has played so far and what players they can play currently. In order to ensure that no team is stacked and more interaction occurs between players, I will be making the teams based on who registers for the tournament and will randomly put teams together.

Match Rules
* The captain picks a map and then the official will mark down that the player for that team can not play until every other player on the team has played.
Since the teams will be picked by officials instead of the captains, the team will be balanced in terms of ranks, so rank wouldn't matter
As for the maps being played, since each map is picked before the player is picked, and each player can only play once until the whole rotation ends, captain almost always want their players to play in the mappool they should be playing
The thing is, this makes sense for balancing between rank ranges, not an individual rank range. Considering the fact that 1-5k is huge, catering maps to these players is either going to be too easy or too difficult. Also, if you were to use rank as a basis of measure, the three digit will beat the four digit player if they face against each other. Thank you for quoting the rules, I definitely read them through, but I would like an answer from the organizer or confirmed staff, please.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Halfslashed wrote:

The thing is, this makes sense for balancing between rank ranges, not an individual rank range. Considering the fact that 1-5k is huge, catering maps to these players is either going to be too easy or too difficult. Also, if you were to use rank as a basis of measure, the three digit will beat the four digit player if they face against each other. Thank you for quoting the rules, I definitely read them through, but I would like an answer from the organizer or confirmed staff, please.
So the reason for the rank range currently is the fact that I was not sure what type of response I would get and whether or not people would sign up, so I kept the ranges kind of large just to compensate lack of participation. I honestly don't expect to get anyone over rank 100, but if it happens it happens. The solution was to make the rank range rather large for that section. I even put down that the rank ranges are subject to change specifically for this reason. I am trying to get the perfect balance down, but my lack of knowledge of the upper tiers makes it a bit difficult. If everyone in Osu! all the sudden signed up then it would be pretty easy to just get a random bunch from certain categories together, but alas most of the community probably doesn't even know these forums exist/care that a random rank 32k is setting up a tournament. I don't plan to start this tournament to quickly because of this fact and by delaying it I can easily come up with better plans. So don't worry about the rank ranges just yet they are just place holders for now. I will fix them if I need to and thanks for the feedback because I honestly don't know the rank range difference and need to take it into account, but sign the sign ups are so small I currently can't do much yet.
StephOsu

Halfslashed wrote:

Oh I see the problem now
I actually considered this when I was reading the rules
"What if the team consist of players with lower end of their brackets in every bracket?"
and then I tried to think of everything they could do to win
My best result was to have the weakest player to play against the strongest player (rank 100k against 4 digit rank) and all other remaining players play in a pool that's 1 rank bracket lower than them (like rank 19k playing in rank 20k~40k mappool, 9k playing in 10k~20k mappool, etc), which place them in upper hand for most of the matches, which is not against the rules (not for now)
IMO, in the end it still ends up on how well the organizer and the staff manage the team balancing I guess.
GRR SNARL GROWL
Name: Squilly
I pledge to blah blah blah blah blah etc
TP618
Name:TP618
Halfslashed

[ Yui ] wrote:

Halfslashed wrote:

So the reason for the rank range currently is the fact that I was not sure what type of response I would get and whether or not people would sign up, so I kept the ranges kind of large just to compensate lack of participation. I honestly don't expect to get anyone over rank 100, but if it happens it happens. The solution was to make the rank range rather large for that section. I even put down that the rank ranges are subject to change specifically for this reason. I am trying to get the perfect balance down, but my lack of knowledge of the upper tiers makes it a bit difficult. If everyone in Osu! all the sudden signed up then it would be pretty easy to just get a random bunch from certain categories together, but alas most of the community probably doesn't even know these forums exist/care that a random rank 32k is setting up a tournament. I don't plan to start this tournament to quickly because of this fact and by delaying it I can easily come up with better plans. So don't worry about the rank ranges just yet they are just place holders for now. I will fix them if I need to and thanks for the feedback because I honestly don't know the rank range difference and need to take it into account, but sign the sign ups are so small I currently can't do much yet.
Thanks for the response, I'll put some trust in you to make it work then.

Name: Halfslashed
I pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Lazer
Name: Lazer
show more