forum

[ Yui ]'s Adopt a Scrub Tournament [Completed]

posted
Total Posts

Should this tournament be Score v1 or Score v2?

Score v1
50.40%
Score v2
19.02%
I don't care and will be okay with anything
16.36%
I care but I don't care to care, so I care to not care to care
14.23%
Total votes: 752
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Registration Closed, but You Can Still Join The Discord

Hello people,

I am [ Yui ]/dudemonkey61 and I would like to present to you my first of hopefully multiple “Adopt a” tournaments. What is an “Adopt a” tournament you ask, well let me explain it to you. There is a lot to this, but please read it as I will not answer questions that are directly stated below. I will also be taking in feedback on how to improve this, so if you have an idea bring it up I am all ears as long as it is constructive. This tournament won't be going on for a while most likely, but please sign up anyways because the more interest means the better the chance of it happening.

This will all be streamed at: https://www.twitch.tv/yuiosutourneys

MINI UPDATE

The staff is finalized, but we can always use more, so please feel free to sign up for a position if you want to.

UPDATE PART 2:

Join this and read the #welcome please. Like seriously DO IT.

https://discord.gg/014XLaIw61DnS5kOp

BIG SUPER IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This is about the amount of players in the tournament. I am stupid from not saying this in the beginning of me posting the tournament, but better late than never. THE TOURNAMENT FILLS TO THE LOWEST POWER OF 2 OF A RANK RANGE. This means that if there are 17 1-1k players and 72 in a range the total teams will be 16 and 16 only.

THIS NEXT PART IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND TOTALLY DEBATABLE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS THE FINAL DECISION PLEASE: I will be randomly placing each player that has signed up into a team up to the team cap meaning that if we only get 16 players in total the other players that did not make it will be put on a waiting list and will be contacted when needed if a player leaves the tournament, their rank range, or does not communicate. (Their is probably more, but you get it) SO DO NOT BREAK CONTACT IF YOU ARE NOT CHOSEN. There will most likely be ample opportunity for those who don't make it to actually be in the tournament IF THEY COMMUNICATE. (Sorry about caps, but this stuff is super important)

I will now show the total ranks that have signed up on the discord, so far meaning they are actually fully registered and waiting for the tournament. This will be updated once a day as people sign up.

Rank Sign-Ups:
1-1k: 17

1k-5k: 24

5k-10k: 22

10k-20k: 44

20k-40k: 49

40k-70k: 33

70k+: 25

TOTAL TEAMS IN THE TOURNAMENT: 16

I want this to change, so we can have a lot of teams in the tournament please sign up so we don't disappoint the masses.

About The Tournament
The “Adopt a” tournament is a tournament designed around brining more rank ranges together to get more interaction between different areas in the Osu! rank range. I came up with this idea as a way to get more people in the community to interact and be friendly with each other. At least for me, there is a gap of communication between people of different ranks, and I would like to break that barrier even if it is for only the length of the tournament. There are exceptions to everything, but this is a general thing that I have seen and would like to just break that wall just a little bit more. The tournament will be team based with varying ranked ranges on each team. For example (detailed information below), there could be a team with a Rank 40k, 15k, 7.5k, and a Rank 17 on a team. This has multiple ranks in a team with a varying skill set. This will have different sides of the community communicating.

How it works
This then leads you to wonder how I am going to balance it, so that the matches are fair. I decided to do a swapping format of players where each rank range will have their own map pool. This means that for each map they captain will choose a player to play and the map they are going to play. The captain must involve all of their players before they can use the same player again. This adds a bit of strategy to the mix, so the captains can save or use players strategically. Since each rank range has a different map pool, I have decided to make sure the map pool is fair to most. I decided to make it, so that each map that is played is freemod, which means you can put HD, HR, or FL as a mod. These are the only three mods you are allowed to have on at any point in time during a match except for warm ups. I will also allow the captains to ban maps (total depends on the stage), so that they can make a strategy around who each team has played so far and what players they can play currently. In order to ensure that no team is stacked and more interaction occurs between players, I will be making the teams based on who registers for the tournament and will randomly put teams together.

Name:
Pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.

You must also join the discord in order for me to know your interest. This will allow me to make sure I know where everyone is and what is going on with each player. MAKE SURE YOUR NICKNAME IN DISCORD IS YOUR OSU USERNAME PLEASE (Yes I am essentially stalking you ;) )

Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/014XLaIw61DnS5kOp

Rank Ranges (Subject to Change)
1-1k
1k-5k
5k-10k
10k-20k
20k-40k
40k-70k
70k-max

Match Rules
* ALL players must be present for the match. If a player is not present then a replacement will step in and take the player’s spot permanently.
* Each team will get a warm up map. (Be aware everyone will be in the lobby at this point in time, so the lower tier players will be playing with you.)
* Everyone, but the captains are kicked from the lobby and the captains will !roll to see who bans or picks first. The captain with the highest roll will ban second and pick first.
* The captain picks a map and then the official will mark down that the player for that team can not play until every other player on the team has played.
* This will go back and forth till a team has enough points to win
* In case of a DC, it is under the discretion of the official who is in charge of the match of whether or not the map is played again. The official’s decision is final.
([ Yui ] can overrule an official’s decision though.)

Social Rules
* Do not belittle any player at any point of time because of their performance. Everyone is trying their hardest and someone coming in saying they played like shit does not help them. If you break this rule you will be permanently banned from this tournament and any other tournament I make.
* If you are caught cheating during the tournament it will cause a permanent ban from any future tournaments and most likely a permanent ban from osu.
* Seriously don’t be an idiot and treat everyone with respect.

Prizes
1st Place: 2 Months Supporter and Profile Badge
2nd Place: 1 Month Supporter
3rd Place: A Picture of a Cookie

Staff
If you want to apply for a position as a staff member please pm me the position you want to help with and I will give you instructions from there. If you have a position that seems interesting enough go ahead and pm me I am all ears.

Host: [ Yui ]

Possible Seconday Streamer: BcowCinema

Commentators: AlexDark69, xNate, SteffoST, Squilly and shaz

Officials:Electoz, NotSuhun, RevRoadster, THESYRUPKIDD, Xephero, PhantomHunt3r

Coordinators: AlexDark69, OshieteKudasai, xNate

Map Pool Selectors: Spork Lover, OshieteKudasai, Tohka Yatogami, Electovoid, Maxx115, Hiicantpk, Chairman Zhao, [ Yui ]
AoniNojiro
Ah interesting I might try to sign up :3
Name: AoniNojiro
My english sucks but, yes I will keep in constant communication so im looking forward to it :)
HakuRyuu-
Name: HakuRyuu-
Pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
Pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.
Fellas
Name: THESYRUPKIDD
AlexDark69
Name: AlexDark69
NoScreename
Name:NoScreename
-Trinity-
Name: -Trinity-
McI0vin
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Name: McI0vin
I will keep constant communication with you
I understand that I can be removed from lack of communication with you
Bullen8
Name: bullen8

Edit: changed rank from 12k to 9k, 5k-10k is probably going to be the bracket for me.
Arte
Name: Arte
Crihs
Name: lahwraN
Sure m9
Sure m9
-Lolisim-
Name: -Lolisim-
I pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Vina del Mar
Name: [Burno-]
Gordon
Name: Soul_Asylum_
Willing to help with commentary and whatever else I can get my hands on.
I also agree to commit to the rules and guidelines!
An1m3
Name: An1m3
I pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I also pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.
StephOsu
Would like to know the time it starts so I can make sure that it doesn't screw up my schedule
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

StephOsu wrote:

Would like to know the time it starts so I can make sure that it doesn't screw up my schedule
To be honest I am not sure yet I am primarily looking for people who are interested, and then will build the tournament around that. It will take place only on weekends though and most likely won't start till early to mid July.
micajoeh
Name: micajoeh
Yes I'll keep in contact with you, and know that if I don't I'll end up being removed.
[ Yukinon ]
Name: [ Yukinon ]
Rank 7.5k (will likely change)
I pledge to keep in constant communication with me and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of yourself from the tournament.
Leigendar
I think I'll give this a go. :D

Name: Leigendar
I pledge to keep in constant communication with you and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I Pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Shazil
Name: Shazil
Looks interesting :D
DEMON-OSU
Name: - AisakaTaiga -
Un4given
Great idea!

Name: Un4given
Leithanien
Name: Hanik
Forgot xd
StephOsu

[ Yui ] wrote:

To be honest I am not sure yet I am primarily looking for people who are interested, and then will build the tournament around that. It will take place only on weekends though and most likely won't start till early to mid July.
If that's the case then I'll register first just in case of anything

Name: StephOsu
I pledge to keep in constant communication with the officials to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
Snajper
Name: Snajper

I pledge to keep in constant communication with the officials to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I pledge that you understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
xRaigekix
Name: xRaigekix
I pledge to keep in constant communication with myself and an official to ensure that everyone is able to know what is going on and that any confusions do not occur.
I also pledge that I understand that lack of communication can cause the removal of myself from the tournament.
-Reko-
Name: -Reko-
show more