forum

Cosplaying

posted
Total Posts
show more
iMuffin
never cosplayed myself but i know a few people that have and i've been meaning to do it myself
Shinde
I hate attention too much to cosplay. But I secretly love it very much and want to. ;__;

Though honestly, when going to an anime convention, people who aren't cosplaying stick out more than those that do.
deadbeat
i have been thinking about a sakutaro one...but knowing me i'll prob be too lazy to do it
Haneii
I've cosplayed as Yoruichi (BLEACH), Karui (Naruto) and in a couple of months @AnimeNorth I'll be cosplaying Hannah Anafeloz (Kuroshitsuji).
I also have an Organization XIII coat that I wear randomly or at cosplay get-togethers. I paint 2 little upside down pink hearts under my eyes :P
iMuffin

Haneii wrote:

I've cosplayed as Yoruichi (BLEACH), Karui (Naruto) and in a couple of months @AnimeNorth I'll be cosplaying Hannah Anafeloz (Kuroshitsuji).
I also have an Organization XIII coat that I wear randomly or at cosplay get-togethers. I paint 2 little upside down pink hearts under my eyes :P
pics lol
Danzai_old
Pics please. =w=
Haneii

iMuffin wrote:

pics lol

Danzai wrote:

Pics please. =w=
Had all my pics saved on my old laptop that died a couple months back (lost everything :( ).

Guess I'll just have to ... dress up again and take more pics o/.

I'll post when I get the chance/time :)
Danzai_old
Yey =w=
Haneii
Forgot to mention...I kinda cosplay in classroom situations too

ztrot
I'm to lazy to post pics but I've done naruto bleach uhh and my 1st cosplay was bad it was spike spiegel the outfit was great my hair just looked lol tho
ztrot
few pics from my last neb-con

iMuffin
dat shadetrot
maay
dat kagamine rin
Sure
I don't cosplay, but I love taking the picture. :)
Here is some pics that taken by me. (bound)

Weez
Never did :/

I did see the whole Akatsuki members at school once XD
Mogsy
Planning on doing some cosplay for Anime Boston, which is 2 months away. The only definites as of yet are Tsunemi Chiba from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and Joshua from The World Ends With You. Part of me wants to try to pull off Akira Takizawa from Eden of the East, but that'd require making a replica Noblesse Oblige, something I simply do not have the time to do/funds to have someone else do.
Gabi
I don't cosplay, but i love watching pro cosplayers <3 *points to sig*
Guy-kun
Only noteworthy cosplay was Kamijou Touma last october and again in two weeks' time.
Planning to do Season 2 Accelerator in May too...

Not many picfags on here...
Shinde

Guy-kun wrote:

Season 2 Accelerator
Season 2 Accelerator
Season 2 Accelerator
WANT

Also, needs more cosplay pictures. Surely someone besides ztrot looks good in an Akatsuki trench coat. Nice shades btw. Now if you'll excuse me, I forgot to watch the past 2 weeks' worth of Index.
Firo Prochainezo
I rarely cosplay, but when I want to I can. :/
Jarby
Hm, cosplay is an expensive hobby. Furthermore, I can't think of any character that I would suit.

Mogsworth wrote:

Joshua from The World Ends With You.
I want to see this. Badly.
jjrocks
For Halloween next year I'll be going as Dark Link...it'll be my first cosplay plus I'll be going into school as it. Senior year is going to be fuuuuun
Lilac

Jarby wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Joshua from The World Ends With You.
I want to see this. Badly.
I want to see this badly too. Mogsy with dat cellphone.

Anyway, I really would cosplay...if I had the money...I know I have $600 dollars but...

...T_T
Apex_old
Cosplay characters available:
Hank from Madness(manga style)
Miles Edgeworthy(not sure)
KAITO(insufficient age)
some more...
Apex_old
One thing about cosplaying is that Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying, because all Anime characters are Asian, there are some European characters. So don't go over a bloke and start cosplaying Vocaloid, that's just bullshit if you do that
adam2046

Zerobladers wrote:

One thing about cosplaying is that Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying, because all Anime characters are Asian, there are some European characters. So don't go over a bloke and start cosplaying Vocaloid, that's just bullshit if you do that
Please stop double posting.
Also, what...
Jarby

Zerobladers wrote:

Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying, because all Anime characters are Asian, there are some European characters. So don't go over a bloke and start cosplaying Vocaloid, that's just bullshit if you do that
Obligatory

Zerobladers wrote:

Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying

Zerobladers wrote:

all Anime characters are Asian
Seriously though, most people just do this for fun anyway. Can they help it if they aren't Asian? I can also say with certainty that I have never seen an Asian with eyes larger than their fist and hot pink hair.
heintsi

Jarby wrote:

Zerobladers wrote:

Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying, because all Anime characters are Asian, there are some European characters. So don't go over a bloke and start cosplaying Vocaloid, that's just bullshit if you do that
Obligatory

Zerobladers wrote:

Europeans are unsuitable for cosplaying

Zerobladers wrote:

all Anime characters are Asian
Seriously though, most people just do this for fun anyway. Can they help it if they aren't Asian? I can also say with certainty that I have never seen an Asian with eyes larger than their fist and hot pink hair.
Exactly the thing i were just about to say. Even if you are asian, american, european whatever there's no way you can achieve perfect looks of anime(drawn) character. And isn't cosplay more about costume itself, not the looks?
Faust

Zerobladers wrote:

My palm met with my face so, so violently.
Neo@lex
Nationality has nothing to do with the look. Most professional Japanese cosplayers completely suck at basic cosplay as they always make the same "look at me I'm sexy" face. If you can pull of the character's aura with your facial expression and the way you stand, it's a good cosplay, even if you're fat.

For example, stuff like http://i.imgur.com/016Uq.jpg is fucking horrible. You have to at least try to make the character believable. http://i.imgur.com/0Qsiz.jpg is not so shit, as she at least manages to look innocent in a similar way to the character. This is especially important if you're male, as people probably don't care about your tits, so the only appeal you have is the accuracy of the costume and how much your expression/stance resembles that of the character you're cosplaying.
awp

Haneii wrote:

in a couple of months @AnimeNorth
Oh I might be going to that I'll try to keep an eye out for you

I doubt I will be in costume because anything I'd want to dress as, I'm either not fit enough to pull off, or it involves props (weapons) that security wouldn't allow into the convention

man I'd love to take my keyblade to a sword fight though that thing is dangerous
Gabi

Neo@lex wrote:

Nationality has nothing to do with the look. Most professional Japanese cosplayers completely suck at basic cosplay as they always make the same "look at me I'm sexy" face. If you can pull of the character's aura with your facial expression and the way you stand, it's a good cosplay, even if you're fat.

For example, stuff like http://i.imgur.com/016Uq.jpg is fucking horrible. You have to at least try to make the character believable. http://i.imgur.com/0Qsiz.jpg is not so shit, as she at least manages to look innocent in a similar way to the character. This is especially important if you're male, as people probably don't care about your tits, so the only appeal you have is the accuracy of the costume and how much your expression/stance resembles that of the character you're cosplaying.
Some look horrible because they are ero-cosplayers, meant to look "sexy" while normal cosplayers try to pull of the actual char. Also usually a pro cosplayer will have a set of 15-50 pictures, so there's lots of different expressions they make :P
Jarby

Gabi wrote:

Some look horrible because they are ero-cosplayers, meant to look "sexy"
Yes, I find nothing sexier than glazed eyes and a painfully forced cutesy pose. Japan just keeps finding new ways to turn me on. Go, Mikuru-chan~
Kyonko Hizara
I cosplay~ I usually cosplay Touhou characters like:
Remilia Scarlet
Yukari Yakumo
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu
Aya Shameimaru
Byakuren Hiziri
Minamitsu Murasa
Koishi Komeiji
Nazrin
Apex_old
I am not aggressive, it's ztrot's AWFUL cosplay SPAM that forced me to squeeze this comment out.
Anyways, I am not very good at cosplaying(BUT I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!), cause I pretty much look normal.
heintsi
ztrot's cosplay pics were good, imo :D
Fabi
More pictures! ;p
Lilac
...T_T

I want to cosplay. T_T
Apex_old
I am what you call Cosplay-happy, I wanted to cosplay much, that I even think my black coat is pretty much what Hank in Madness wear. But costumes, they're hard to find and comes in a price, it's pretty much rare to see a piece of clothing in the shop that says"cosplay".
I'm Asian, but sometimes, I'd rather originate a manga rather than being drained by some other manga. Following other mangas is just being controlled by them, you can't change them if you want, and you feel more accomplished when you manga some novel or composition you write.
I am trying originating the manga version of Madness!, but my drawing skills are bad :( I so want to originate it, that i even dream of it!
Anyways, senseless violence in Madness is not so good, mindless slaughtering and razing is bad :evil:
Miu Matsuoka
show more