posted
Total Posts
show more
The Ribbon Red

Net-Nue wrote:

yea, totally agree with this :D
and btw,, ._.a
@animez15
Apparently, the ones who're capable of changing the plot isn't the producer alone. I've seen some works that has been turned into hell or heaven due to outside influences.

And I think that animez15 wants to be an Otaku dweller like me.
Net-Nue
well, maybe,,
otaku dweller increase =w="
The Ribbon Red

Net-Nue wrote:

well, maybe,,
otaku dweller increase =w="
YEAH!!!
*dwells...*

Seems like there's a new post in a topic. Dwellers, you know what to do.
Kucing Salto
Angel beats , Guilty crown and shakugan no shana
- Kud -
Ecchi Anime (To Love Ru, etc....)
The Ribbon Red

- Kud - wrote:

LOL.

I'm amazed you survived with that statement of yours. Considering your location...
Accelerator-kun

- Kud - wrote:

Try Highschool DxD
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

- Kud - wrote:

Try Highschool DxD
Nice effort. Good luck on that.
- Kud -

Accelerator-kun wrote:

- Kud - wrote:

Try Highschool DxD
already watch it :v
Issei-san xD

now i'm waiting for To Love-Ru – Darkness, Sora no Otoshimono III and of course Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai (i think this one will be like DxD) :v
Minty Gum
Mawaru Penguindrum and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica... too typical of me to like Madoka? ;~;
skyboy19
this season?

Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand Jormungand
- Kud -

Minty Gum wrote:

Mawaru Penguindrum and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica... too typical of me to like Madoka? ;~;
hey, do you know some anime that similar to Madoka Magica?
The Ribbon Red

- Kud - wrote:

Magical Girl? A bunch.

Magical Girl that's deep as Madoka? ...
- Kud -

The Ribbon Red wrote:

- Kud - wrote:

Magical Girl? A bunch.

yup, do you know some of them?
Net-Nue
^hmm,, i found one,,!! Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha..
but, i haven't watched it,, so,, i don't know the story =w=
The Ribbon Red

- Kud - wrote:

yup, do you know some of them?
Notice the dots on my statement below.

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Net-Nue wrote:

^hmm,, i found one,,!! Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha..
but, i haven't watched it,, so,, i don't know the story =w=
Nanoha's similar, but it's not that deep. (Considering what it is actually originated from)

Though it has more series (that I pay less attention to).
Nanael_old

The Ribbon Red wrote:

- Kud - wrote:

Magical Girl? A bunch.

Aw c'mon, I liked Madoka, and the way Urobuchi trolled everyone by just deconstructing the genre, but to call it deep? Kyubey didn't even know how entropy works.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

Aw c'mon, I liked Madoka, and the way Urobuchi trolled everyone by just deconstructing the genre, but to call it deep? Kyubey didn't even know how entropy works.
I suppose that's true. But it's not some random magical fanservice alike most Magical Girl you usually see these days.
Nanael_old

The Ribbon Red wrote:

I suppose that's true. But it's not some random magical fanservice alike most Magical Girl you usually see these days.
That was actually the point, also the reason why you don't hear Kalafina's Magia (a badass yet totally eerie negative song) till Mami gets beheaded at episode 3. The reason why there aren't many "sad magical girl series" is because that isn't really the point of that kind of show, silly fanservice is. Also, people crying and the show being depressing doesn't automatically makes it deep. Anyway, all this I mentioned nothing has to do with the original topic (deepness, was it?) If you take into account that the creator of Madoka also wrote Saya no Uta, he could have done more "deep" than this.

With all this said, I really really liked it, I just try to be objective.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

That was actually the point, also the reason why you don't hear Kalafina's Magia (a badass yet totally eerie negative song) till Mami gets beheaded at episode 3. The reason why there aren't many "sad magical girl series" is because that isn't really the point of that kind of show, silly fanservice is. Also, people crying and the show being depressing doesn't automatically makes it deep. Anyway, all this I mentioned nothing has to do with the original topic (deepness, was it?) If you take into account that the creator of Madoka also wrote Saya no Uta, he could have done more "deep" than this.

With all this said, I really really liked it, I just try to be objective.
Oh yeah... I forgot that Magical Girl are supposed to be fanservice. Silly Madoka...

But really, can you find a Magical Girl on that same level? (If you could, then I've missed something. :P )
Nanael_old

The Ribbon Red wrote:

But really, can you find a Magical Girl on that same level? (If you could, then I've missed something. :P )
As I said earlier, no, Madoka was a first. And they played with that fact (The opening being misleading, not showing the ending till everything is messed up)
And big part of its success is due to that (Sweet art direction and music help) The plot wasn't particulary original (Homura pulling a Furude Rika, etc) but was unique to the genre. In short, no, there are none.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

As I said earlier, no, Madoka was a first. And they played with that fact (The opening being misleading, not showing the ending till everything is messed up)
And big part of its success is due to that (Sweet art direction and music help) The plot wasn't particulary original (Homura pulling a Furude Rika, etc) but was unique to the genre. In short, no, there are none.
Well, there's your answer, - Kud -.
Original Question

- Kud - wrote:

Nanael_old
I notice I wrote a lot, I apologize for that really.
In topic, my favorite anime was probably Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, it had a terrible animation studio (DEEEEN!) yet it didn't matter one bit in the end, since the story was completely daunting. I liked many more, but that one stands out.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

In topic, my favorite anime was probably Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, it had a terrible animation studio (DEEEEN!) yet it didn't matter one bit in the end, since the story was completely daunting. I liked many more, but that one stands out.
Why didn't you say that earlier?

Welcome to the club, my friend. To the 07th Expansion fan club, that is.
Nanael_old
Since Higurashi I've read most of Ryukishi07 stuff, currently reading Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni and liking it. That also made me sort of fan of dai's music among others. That's how I ended here actually.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Nanael wrote:

Why didn't you say that earlier?

Welcome to the club, my friend. To the 07th Expansion fan club, that is.
Welcome to the club Nanael.

Anyway, Madoka is the best magical girl cause it's not a simple magical girl, it's more like a seinen.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

Since Higurashi I've read most of Ryukishi07 stuff, currently reading Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni and liking it. That also made me sort of fan of dai's music among others. That's how I ended here actually.
Nice. I like Higanbana as well (especially Higanbana herself... [LOLICON MODE]).

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Welcome to the club Nanael.

Anyway, Madoka is the best magical girl cause it's not a simple magical girl, it's more like a seinen.
Depending on your viewpoint, I guess. But yeah, it really changed the Magical Girl genre.
Nanael_old

Accelerator-kun wrote:

...Anyway, Madoka is the best magical girl cause it's not a simple magical girl, it's more like a seinen...
You know, that's pretty subjective. I know people who abhorred Madoka for the exact same reasons some call it a masterwork. "Forced Drama" is a word often used to describe it by them. Since, some actually do like their loli undergarments and dislike crying. Isn't Sailor Moon regarded as the best Magical Girl show btw? I recall it having many deaths too.

The Ribbon Red wrote:

...it really changed the Magical Girl genre...
You think? To me it is still the same fanservice+power of friendship formula, as always
Accelerator-kun
^ Is strange to be said by one with those avatar/sig combination.
Nanael_old

Accelerator-kun wrote:

^ Is strange to be said by one with those avatar/sig combination.
Is impartiality such a weird thing? The fact I like something doesn't make it the best thing ever, nor blind me to its flaws. I still really liked it.
Bakario
New shit has been added : Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~, Casshern Sins, Baccano!.

Specially Phantom, such deep plot.
Nanael_old

Bakario wrote:

New shit has been added : Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~, Casshern Sins, Baccano!.

You just gave me something to do, I never finished Phantom, it's about time to do it.
The Ribbon Red

Nanael wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

...it really changed the Magical Girl genre...
You think? To me it is still the same fanservice+power of friendship formula, as always
Well, yeah IMO.

I started with Cardcaptor Sakura. So I suppose it changed a bit of my concept on Magical Girl. Though perhaps if I've watched more Magical Girl, I don't think I'll be saying this myself.
Accelerator-kun
The point here is that I DON'T like too much magical girls, but I really liked Madoka. So something must be different from others! I will focus again on the dark viewpoint. Madoka got me at the ending of episode 3. I think I've said all.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

The point here is that I DON'T like too much magical girls, but I really liked Madoka. So something must be different from others! I will focus again on the dark viewpoint. Madoka got me at the ending of episode 3. I think I've said all.
/Madoka

Make room for new favorites...

Bakario wrote:

Don't know about Phantom...

But Baccano? Seriously? The "immortality" doesn't get much from me at all. Especially those 2 morons who're always running around and talking to themselves.
Yuri-lowell
Mirai Nikki, Yumekui Merry, Seikon no Qwaser~
The Ribbon Red

Yuri-lowell wrote:

Mirai Nikki, Yumekui Merry, Seikon no Qwaser~
Just when I'm beginning to think about it, this showed up.

Yuri-lowell wrote:

Seikon no Qwaser~
This doesn't really suit me well...
Accelerator-kun

Yuri-lowell wrote:

Mirai Nikki
Nice!

Yuri-lowell wrote:

Seikon no Qwaser
oh Yeah! :P
palinus
Forever it is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni :V