forum

Tablet/finger friction

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Novalogic
Question to those who are playing with tablet for a long time now. I started using tablet around a year ago, and recently a problem popped up. While playing, pinky finger of my aim hand is touching / gliding over tablet's surface. In the beginning there was no problem with that, but now, after a year has passed, the area of tablet where my hand is touching it became somewhat... polished? It even sparkles now. The thing is - right now when i try playing, there is terrible friction between tablet surface and my pinky finger, and because of that i can't aim at all. Imagine trying to make a jump, but there is hellish resistance that blocks your hand and you can't aim properly at all. Is there any way to prevent it? Like replacing the tablet's surface? or restore somehow it's original properties? I tried placing a piece of paper in between the tablet and my hand, but it still feels uncomfortable. If anyone has any ideas please help.
Dexus
Stop resting your pinky and leaning onto your hand, or at the very least ease up on it. You could also try not hovering your pen (I assume you are) and focus the weight on the pen instead. Maybe buy a tablet cover to give it a slick surface.
Topic Starter
Novalogic
If i won't lean on my hand it'll badly affect my aim, especially on huge jumps. Dragging is out of the question. Maybe i'll need to look for that cover, hopefully it helps.
Dexus
You could also try one of those drawing gloves that can help deal with tablet friction. Another suggestion is you could use your elbow as an anchor point for stability instead of your hand.
Topic Starter
Novalogic
It'll take some more getting used to it, but looks like using arm as stability point is doable. Thanks. I can already tell that aim will improve even beyond what i could do before. The only problem now will be spinning, since with the whole hand hovering over tablet area it's impossible to do it the way i did so far.