forum

i honestly dont get what is so good about anime

posted
Total Posts
show more
Faust
2 people whom I like are butting heads, what do I do ?

Here have this complimentary gif.

AutoMedic
these blacks make me wanna fucking go back again but no
Hibiya-chan
Anime isn't trash, weeaboos are.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

I like how you try to claim that some things aren't subjective but them all of the things you list actually are subjective if you use them to determine if something is "good" or not.
consistency isn't subjective, realism isn't subjective, percentage of plagiarized content or new innovative content isn't subjective. I could list more if you like, but the point is, there are a whole list of criteria that people use to determine quality, that aren't subjective.
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I like how you try to claim that some things aren't subjective but them all of the things you list actually are subjective if you use them to determine if something is "good" or not.
consistency isn't subjective, realism isn't subjective, percentage of plagiarized content or new innovative content isn't subjective. I could list more if you like, but the point is, there are a whole list of criteria that people use to determine quality, that aren't subjective.
They become subjective if you use those criteria to determine if something is "good" or "bad"

Does it have innovative content? Objective question

Not having innovative content means this anime is bad - Now you're being a subjective little shit when you want to use this to say it's bad.

All your reasons for something being bad can just as easily be reasons for it to be good for someone else.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

They become subjective if you use those criteria to determine if something is "good" or "bad"
Sure. But if you approach the question like this, you might as well say that everything is subjective and bury criticism as a whole. If everything is subjective, we have nothing to talk about. In fact, you'll never be able to make any statement that goes beyond "I liked this".

In a strict, philosophical way, you'd be correct. But as I said, this is not how the question "what makes quality" is usually answered. If you look into how people answer it, you'll notice that there are recurring questions that they ask themselves in order to answer it. Animation quality, coherency of the storyline or the universe within the show, etc.

These are the things that can be objectively answered, and they are commonly used as criteria to check if a show is quality or not. Now, if a show fails all of the criteria, you can still enjoy it for all I care. But the show will be shit. And you'll have shit-taste. Do you have shit-taste, Khelly?
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Sure. But if you approach the question like this, you might as well say that everything is subjective and bury criticism as a whole. If everything is subjective, we have nothing to talk about. In fact, you'll never be able to make any statement that goes beyond "I liked this".
Good. Now shut up.
Railey2
if you honestly hold this view, then you got nothing to do in threads like this. Just put "its subjective" in your sig and be done with it forever, but stay away from any thread that discusses shows or a medium more thoroughly than "I like dis".
Helyana

_StormEx_ wrote:

Anime isn't trash, weeaboos are.
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

if you honestly hold this view, then you got nothing to do in threads like this. Just put "its subjective" in your sig and be done with it forever, but stay away from any thread that discusses shows or a medium more thoroughly than "I like dis".

I think I'm free to do as I please
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
what the fuck is happening here

are we still on topic with the original post
Foxtrot

Fser wrote:

what the fuck is happening here
people trying to be serious when talking about anime
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
every single of you people need jesus.
Tae
(see signature)
Rurree

Fser wrote:

every single of you people need jesus.
*yeezus
Yuudachi-kun
Jews don't have Jesus
Mogsy
aren't you all just the edgiest crowd in the lunch room
Yuudachi-kun
How edgy to use the term edgy
Mogsy

Khelly wrote:

How edgy to use the term edgy
edge
Meah
Anime was a mistake
Clyde
Well the story lines are excellent. You start to feel for the characters too. The artwork is amazing and sometimes they can make you fall off your bed laughing! Now go mind your own opinions so you don't piss of the majority of people that lay this game! :arrow: :roll:
Stefan
I'm gonna save you by locking it.