show more
SCANDiO
Finaly
Fezu
Awesome!
7ambda
PogChamp
Mismagius
hi, just passing by to say that i don't want this map unqualified or anything and this post isn't going to change anything about the current state of the map (only way to "fix" my issues are with a full/partial remap), but just so you get things right for your next map, this is what ideal mapping looks like:

calm sections in the song: small spacing, readable stuff
normal/average sections in the song: spacing is kinda "nonstop-ish" so you get to feel the rhythm while the player has fun
intense sections of the song: this is where you go crazy with your mapping and fuck up every player

this map lacks a lot of differentiation between these sections (no wonder your kiai time choices are a mess). the biggest example is in this section: 03:55:664 (1) - you have an "average" section, where there's just a simple 1/4 drumbeat spam. i'm fine with a deathstream as the drum IS going in pretty hard, but there's not much need for the extremely spaced streams (which, in my opinion, look a bit ugly, but aesthetics are subjective so w/e). THEN comes the very intense part which you even put a kiai time for, and... well, you just start putting streams with smaller spacing and add in lots of sliders lol.

i like to compare this map to apparition because the songs feel a bit similar to me, and apparition does everything right - calm parts are easily FCable by any focused player, average parts require a bit of challenge and intense parts are where you're struggling not to fail. in this map, your calm parts have a decently large spacing, but not something to worry about, your average parts tend to go pretty insane at some points, and your intense sections are sometimes even easier than your average sections.

other examples are stuff like 02:14:210 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this section in general where the song is supposed to be in an "average" section with a bit more intense parts, but you go really crazy with your mapping here w/ the back and forth jumps. i'd just leave these kinds of jumps for the parts where the song goes batshit.

05:14:209 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - probably the worst offender of the map, guitar here is barely even hearable comparing to the drums and doesn't change much, yet you put fullscreen jumps lol. idk, as a player and as a mapper this just feels a bit forced to me. but then again it's your interpretation of the song, it's not wrong, it just feels inconsistent compared to other intense parts where you didn't use this spacing.

(addendum: 04:43:118 (3,1) - flow here is pretty awful as the slider ends on the upwards sliderpoint, not the lower, and the stream starts on the bottom of the screen.)

again: this is just my opinion and is just a "hey you should avoid doing this kind of stuff next time if you want an easier time getting really hard maps ranked". it's not a bad map by any means, your structure looks fine, looks good on playability side, just could be much better regarding following the song's structure and intensity.
hehe
have some of these opinions

snapping 06:54:937 (2,3) -
emphasis 07:52:048 (2) - 07:58:594 (2) -
consistency 08:01:048 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - 00:44:756 (1,2,3) -
vocal definitely peaks on the 1/3 not 1/6 02:49:983 (2) - 06:33:618 (2) -

again: this is just my opinion and im gay

very moe song
Dawns
Your mapping style is very dated, I suggest looking at newly ranked maps around the same difficulty as yours for inspiration
I Must Decrease
Why hello there!

Just wanted to point out that your BG seems to be lacking in quality. The version you have here is 1366x768 however a better resolution of 1920x1080 is available and rankable, so I would recommend using that instead.

Here you go!

PNG:

JPG:

headphonewearer
pls dont i have a good play on it!!!!!!1
Topic Starter
DoKito

Mapper wrote:

pls dont i have a good play on it!!!!!!1
Nah. Those issues aren't enough to disqualify this map I think, but those are definitely things I need to keep in mind for future mapping.
Kite

Xexxar wrote:

Why hello there!

Just wanted to point out that your BG seems to be lacking in quality. The version you have here is 1366x768 however a better resolution of 1920x1080 is available and rankable, so I would recommend using that instead.

Here you go!

PNG:

JPG:

Just wondering, where did you find those?
pkk

Kite wrote:

Xexxar wrote:

Why hello there!

Here you go!

PNG:

JPG:

Just wondering, where did you find those?
I found them on konachan or something and removed the text lol (and gave them to mr eroge here)
The Emperor
Gratz on rank!
Varqaaa
Congrats! I was worried when the old 8.1 version I had switched to not submitted~
Zappy

Dawnsday wrote:

Your mapping style is very dated, I suggest looking at newly ranked maps around the same difficulty as yours for inspiration
Maybe that was on purpose? :thinking:. And newly ranked maps around 8.25 stars? :thinking:
Dawns

Zappy wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

Maybe that was on purpose? :thinking:. And newly ranked maps around 8.25 stars? :thinking:
Its a meme you aspie
Alheak
Thanks Anon for those amazing Original Werk © Donut Steel ™ Hitsounds!
GoldenWolf
Hysteria
That's some S-Grade hitsounds you got there, I do wonder where you got them from, incredibly curious.
davisamder
hiii
jeanbernard8865
needed more polishing before getting ranked