forum

Update on 'The Voice' Tourney style

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Alright guys, just a short update. I've been having trouble planning such a large scale event. I have many people who are already supporting me and have said that they will staff. The problem is the actual planning of how everything is going to work. In order to determine the best possible way to set up this new style of tournament, I'm going to ask you to do a mock sign up, so I can see how many people are supposedly interested in joining. This is not the actual sign up. I'm aiming to host the tourney sometime in either September or October. The scheduling got pushed back a bit due to schooling and grad, and I haven't been able to work on it. Every one who signs up will be messaged personally by me to let them know that actual sign ups are happening and to thank them for participating in providing data for me to work with.

There are currently 4 groups in which you can sign up in and this is the rank range that I am planning to keep for the actual tourney. The rank catagories currently are: 1-1k, 1k-10k, 10k-20k, 20k-50k, and 50k-100k. Please keep in mind that although I have put catagories of both 10k-20k and 20k-50k, please note that players in the 20k range will be expected to choose your range respectfully. This means that if you have just gotten to 20k and are not comfortable with your skill, you may choose to be put in the 20k-50k brackets. Alternatively, if you are fairly comfortable with your skill level and can play well for your rank, please do not choose the 20k-50k as it will not be very fair. There is also the possibility of loosing your spot due to ranking up too high. This goes for any players who want to sign up. Please choose your rank range responsibly.

Again, this is only a mock signup. Please don't expect any tourney dates or map pools to be released and don't complain to me if you don't receive any info on these topics. If you want a thank you note and personal invite to the tourney, it is easier for me to do so if you don't change your name. I realize that many of you like to change your names, however, this makes it incredibly difficultfor me to find you again to thank you. I hope to see a lot of you signing up and I will do my best to make this tournament succeed. The mock signups will run for a month.

Click Here To Sign Up ↴

http://goo.gl/forms/TQvziAR5ivx5y4DJ2

Original Post About The Tournament Style ↴

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/407953
Inachi
Have to say your dedication is amazing.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

Inachi wrote:

Have to say your dedication is amazing.
Thank you ^-^ I've had this idea for a while and I think it's time to finally put it into action.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
When I posted this a day and a half ago, I was not expecting that many people to sign up. Within a day, I'd already gotten 9 responses and now have a total of 14. Thank you to everyone who is signing up for the test run and I hope to see many more of you signing up. I'll continue to update this post every 24 hours or so and we will see where it goes from there. Again, thanks to those who've signed up. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Shine Bright, Sunshine Out!
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
With 48 hours gone past, we have now gotten 17 signups. We slowed down a little bit but I have gotten a bit more insight as to which ranks are most likely to sign up. Hopefully there will be a lot more data in the coming month. By the end of June, I'll have most of the details set up. Be sure to pm me either in game (I'm always online either in game or on IRC) or through the site if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You can also post here if you think it will apply to the community. If enough of the same questions are asked, I'll be setting up an FAQ. So far, it looks like the most popular rank range is between 1k-10k. Keep in mind that you will be a different rank when the actual tournament happens so the stats will be a bit different. I'll be noting that as well and I will make sure to keep updated on rank changes as the tournament comes closer.

To those who are above 100k, you can still sign up if you are interested as you'll most likely be under 100k by fall. Remember, you still have an entire summer to go! Tournament days will always be on weekends (unless there is a rescheduled match, then set up the best time during the week and play it by ear). So all you school kids who have to worry about homework and all that jazz, don't worry about having to rush to complete homework so that you can play in a match! That's the update for today. Please share this with your friends so that we can run this as smoothly as possible. Thank you again for participating to those of you who have signed up.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Once again, it's time for an update. We now have 24 signups at the time that I am writing this. Please share this post with your friends so that I can continue gathering more data. Plans are beginning to develop more and I have an idea as to how the actual tournament is going to be played out. Thank you to all those who signed up. Your participance is greatly appreciated.
TacoBeat
Quick question, does this tourney have ctb by any chance? It would be awesome if it had both the osu! mode and the ctb mode tbh, sorry for bothering you, but It'll be nice if CTB players could have a tourney where they can not fail at osu! in case they're bad, like I am, thank you for reading.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

TacoBeat wrote:

Quick question, does this tourney have ctb by any chance? It would be awesome if it had both the osu! mode and the ctb mode tbh, sorry for bothering you, but It'll be nice if CTB players could have a tourney where they can not fail at osu! in case they're bad, like I am, thank you for reading.
Unfortunately, I will not be including CTB in this first run. However, if enough people want it and if this tourney goes smoothly, I will consider expanding to other modes. Thank you for the question and feel free to ask any other questions about the tourney.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Day 4 has gone by and we have gotten a total of 37 players signed up. I will be making a new post on how the actual tournament is going to be run very shortly. I've nearly got everything worked out except for rank range and stages. But the basics of the tourney will be posted within the next couple of days. So far, it looks like the main rank ranges are: 50k-100k with 32%, 20k-50k with 29%, and 1k-10k with 21%. I will most likely be adjusting the actual ranges before the tourney and if you are above 100k right now, don't worry! You still have around 3 months to practice and rank up. Try your best and you'll get there no time!
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
With our fifth day gone by, we now have 41 signups. Slowing down again, but I know that we can get more. Please share with players you think would be interested. I'm also starting to look into staff. Staff need to be experienced and I'll be interviewing people who pm me. I already have a few positions pre-filled. As for the basics of how the tournament is going to play out, I'm still working on that, but I will have it posted soon!
KJF
I wanna be in the 10k-20k category bcuz im good :D

dont look at my rank
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

KJF wrote:

I wanna be in the 10k-20k category bcuz im good :D

dont look at my rank
You have until September/October to rank up to that catagory. You can do it!
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
We now have 50 signups! Tiny milestone achieved! I have also gathered a few people for helping to pick map pools. I don't have much else to update you guys on today, but thank you to the 50 people who have signed up! <3
Asrea
hey sunshine i mightve put the wrong rank when i filled out the form ^^; DX sorry hopefully i didnt dont wanna ruin the data
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

Asrea wrote:

hey sunshine i mightve put the wrong rank when i filled out the form ^^; DX sorry hopefully i didnt dont wanna ruin the data
That's perfectly fine ^-^ this is only a trial signup so the real signup is not until August.
TheJimnebob
I'm Hyped