Is it fun?
autofanboy

Equim wrote:

Is it fun?
Topic Starter
MBomb

Equim wrote:

Is it fun?
Try for yourself! I think it's really fun myself, although I love maps like this in general, honestly, as you could probably guess, that's why I map them this way, but it's all personal preference, really.
CelegaS
Where is the rain diff?
Ascendance
Keep the thread clean, please...

No need to give me, or any other nominator, or even the mapper, any threats or bad will. Literally, we've qualified a map. After 2 weeks of having nothing in CTB, we give CTB a qualified map, with more to come even on this day, and we get hate for it. Why? Just because it's under 24 hours that it's ranked? It's an ENH spread by an experienced mapper with little to nothing wrong with it. The mapset is more quality than anything you people can make so give me a rest. If you want, I'll just stop doing anything and I just joined the damn BNG. If you want more stuff ranked, do something and help ffs.
Topic Starter
MBomb

CelegaS wrote:

Where is the rain diff?
I did actually try to map a rain difficulty, but whenever I tried, it just didn't turn out how I wanted it ;w; It was always either too simple or felt overmapped to me, so I decided I was probably stretching, and decided not to go with a rain difficulty in the end, sorry but I just didn't want to wreck this beauty of a song like that :(

Next mapsets are both a marathon (Although only platter level, again, sorry) and then a cup-overdose spread, hopefully people will be more happy with that, I've just wanted to map this song for a long time, and I was feeling really bad at the time and so mapped this to calm me down.
CelegaS

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

CelegaS wrote:

Where is the rain diff?
I did actually try to map a rain difficulty, but whenever I tried, it just didn't turn out how I wanted it ;w; It was always either too simple or felt overmapped to me, so I decided I was probably stretching, and decided not to go with a rain difficulty in the end, sorry but I just didn't want to wreck this beauty of a song like that :(

Next mapsets are both a marathon (Although only platter level, again, sorry) and then a cup-overdose spread, hopefully people will be more happy with that, I've just wanted to map this song for a long time, and I was feeling really bad at the time and so mapped this to calm me down.
I like the song too and I'm agree with you about what you said for rain!
And after thinking it's hard to do a good rain on a slow song.

This song is one of my first SS in std :)
Anyway there is no problem (for me) on your diff gj.
Sotarks
speedrank big fan ♥
Topic Starter
MBomb

CelegaS wrote:

I like the song too and I'm agree with you about what you said for rain!
And after thinking it's hard to do a good rain on a slow song.

This song is one of my first SS in std :)
Anyway there is no problem (for me) on your diff gj.
Thanks for the support <3
FuZ

Ascendance wrote:

After 2 weeks of having nothing in CTB, we give CTB a qualified map, with more to come even on this day,
i'm seriously wondering if the BNs browse the Pending section
DeletedUser_500696
I've never felt so much disapproval towards qualifying a perfectly rankable CtB set. Nothing for me to criticize, congratulations xd
Rockageek

FuZ wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

After 2 weeks of having nothing in CTB, we give CTB a qualified map, with more to come even on this day,
Between all goods ctb mapsets that could be qualified what, comes out ? cup/salad/platter.

Just wow
Vincs
ayy speedranking platters as always
BoberOfDarkness

Ascendance wrote:

bop

my first heart <3

Before awarding kudosu keep the following things in mind:
Did the post help you in any way to improve your map?
Did the modder post things that AIMod cannot pick up?
Did the post show that the modder has knowledge of modding?
Did the modder post things that generally make sense to you and seem not too terribly picky? If their post did seem picky, are you sure that the things pointed out can improve your mapset anyways?
Even if you don't follow the modder's advice, did you not follow it because of your personal choice only, and not because the modding seemed pointless to you?
Did you not already give the modder kudosu for a mod post on the same map recently, and if you did, has the map vitally changed between the two mod posts (adding a difficulty, remapping a difficulty)?
Was this a substantial mod post? Did the mod post point out more than a couple of things to improve or fix your map?

If you can answer yes to all of these questions, feel free to give the modder their well-earned kudosu!
@Mbomb, I just wonder why you gaved Ascedance a kudosu, according to his post in thread I cant find anything connected to mapset but only icon. If you guys had a IRC mod you should place that in thread.
Ascendance

BoberOfDarkness wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

bop

my first heart <3

Before awarding kudosu keep the following things in mind:
Did the post help you in any way to improve your map?
Did the modder post things that AIMod cannot pick up?
Did the post show that the modder has knowledge of modding?
Did the modder post things that generally make sense to you and seem not too terribly picky? If their post did seem picky, are you sure that the things pointed out can improve your mapset anyways?
Even if you don't follow the modder's advice, did you not follow it because of your personal choice only, and not because the modding seemed pointless to you?
Did you not already give the modder kudosu for a mod post on the same map recently, and if you did, has the map vitally changed between the two mod posts (adding a difficulty, remapping a difficulty)?
Was this a substantial mod post? Did the mod post point out more than a couple of things to improve or fix your map?

If you can answer yes to all of these questions, feel free to give the modder their well-earned kudosu!
@Mbomb, I just wonder why you gaved Ascedance a kudosu, according to his post in thread I cant find anything connected to mapset but only icon. If you guys had a IRC mod you should place that in thread.
He posted logs directly below my qualify post
:|
DeletedUser_500696

Ascendance wrote:

No need to give me, or any other nominator, or even the mapper, any threats or bad will. Literally, we've qualified a map. After 2 weeks of having nothing in CTB, we give CTB a qualified map, with more to come even on this day, and we get hate for it. Why? Just because it's under 24 hours that it's ranked? It's an ENH spread by an experienced mapper with little to nothing wrong with it. The mapset is more quality than anything you people can make so give me a rest. If you want, I'll just stop doing anything and I just joined the damn BNG. If you want more stuff ranked, do something and help ffs.
Yes, that is exactly the reason. No (perceived) logic behind the disapproval other than that the set was qualified quickly. No need to get upset though and insult people you don't even know with the subjective quality statement, it's one thing to insult a mapper and another to insult the mapset. Anyways it appears that you wanted to join the nomination team for some time now, you should know that this happens all the time just ignore it :)
-Sh1n1-

Ascendance wrote:

we give CTB a qualified map, with more to come even on this day, and we get hate for it. Why? Just because it's under 24 hours that it's ranked?

sadly, if you think that you are doing something good to the CtB community with this kind of maps, you are totally wrong. It smells like, more people will prefer convert diffs than CtB difficulties in a near future.

It's an ENH spread by an experienced mapper with little to nothing wrong with it. The mapset is more quality than anything you people can make so give me a rest.

you are so rude. alienflybot should be offended, I'm not a good mapper but this hurts too. quality? pls!!
Gratz
Bara-
Such a shame to see such negative comments here
MBomb, gratz with qualification, and keep going, no matter what people say!
Badis

FuZ wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

Amen
Riari

FuZ wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

I'm seriously wondering if this is a full time job they are paid for or if this is a voluntary position that people give their free time up to do outside of important life matters.
FuZ

Riari wrote:

I'm seriously wondering if this is a full time job they are paid for or if this is a voluntary position that people give their free time up to do outside of important life matters.
it seems like it's not a full time job nor a voluntary position, but more an opportunity to rank their own maps easily
Bara-
Can you please stop going off-topic?
It pollutes the thread, for no clear reason
If you have complaints about the BN-system, talk about it somewhere else, not in a map's thread, please
Riari

FuZ wrote:

Riari wrote:

it seems like it's not a full time job nor a voluntary position, but more an opportunity to rank their own maps easily
Read what you just said very carefully and reply once more.
Qiyana
That fast!? nj MBombie
Bunnrei
pls no mapping drama ;w;
Spaghetti
Topic Starter
MBomb
Thanks Bara, Spaghetti, Chara, Riari, and Dyl-Byl for your support, means a lot <3

Also, can we please avoid too much drama here? I would request a lock of the thread, but as the map is qualified right now, I don't want to silence any potential issues people find, so I kindly request we stay civil, and act like mature people.
Xinely
In middle of drama i would say grats mbomb for the qualify (i do remember my yorokobi now lol)
Altho it gets qualify so fast, if the map is clean and good enough for go, why not to move it
Ascendance
please respect moe
Yumeno Himiko
Hi MB, I remembered you asked me to mod this map some time ago but I was just busy at that time and had no time to come around. However it gets ranked so fast and I haven’t got to mod this, which makes me feel really upset. So I’ll just post my mods here, wish they can help you out!

[Gereral]
For soft-hitnormal, I’d prefer use the same file as the slidertick file, as the song goes with the nice clocks, why not use the same clocktick hitsounds for hitnormal?
I believe the timing is a bit delayed, try out -5 ms for all notes, it will work better.

[Cup]
00:03:891 (3) – For this slider, I can understand the reason you put it like this, you wanna cut off the move on the x axis and it works out very well. However, it still gives players a feeling like sticky. Here’s my suggestion, drag it as a straight slider and keep the head&tail with the same axises as the original slider. I believe it’ll feel better if you try it.
00:07:543 (2,3) – As we see, the ds gets larger here but the moving of slider 3 is not extending much, which may make players feel a bit stop here. And after slider 3, we get a 1.68x ds to the next note, which is large for a cup diff. My suggestion is to drag slider 3 as a straight slider so players can move more and easily get to the next note.
00:17:456 (1) – ctrl+H for this reverse slider and place it at the same place (x=160) as the original note. I don’t think giving a move back on a continuous notes and cup diff will please the newbie players, and it’s off the flow. It’ll be nice if the pattern looks like this here 00:18:500 (3,1) –Not a good choice to keep only 1.0x ds here, since it’s the start of the kiai section. I recommend you follow the ds like 1.6x or 1.7x, which can emphasize the beginning of the kiai part much.
00:27:891 (1,2,3) –why the ds is decresing here? The song is at it’s best part but the moving is decreased? At least give the ds between 2 and 3 the same as 1 and 2.
00:41:456 (3) – I recommend this slider moving left since it’s only a cup diff and you’re using a moving backward pattern. After all, if you still wanna keep this, cut down the ds a bit.
00:47:195 (2) – what about make this slider moving left/right instead of keeping? It’s not a good pattern to be seen in this cup since you make the movings for all other patterns, I can’t see a reason for this pattern keeping here.
00:51:630 (2) – move it to x = 360, it won’t look messed up then
00:51:891 (3) – why not give it a hitsound? A simple whistle also works fine.

[Salad]
00:09:635 (2,3,4) – This pattern looks really bad and can’t give back a good flow tbh, the ds between 2 and 3 is only 0.6x while it becomes 2.8x just after that. The later ds is too large, hope you can fix this stuff. 00:43:026 (2,3,4) – check out this pattern, it has the same rhythm and this pattern feels good imo.
00:16:418 (3,4,5,6,1) – Just feeling awkward for these notes, they not give me a good feeling. I’m not going to write some reasons, just saying this. MB you’re a good mapper and I know you can make this a better pattern.
00:22:157 (2,3) – what about keeping same 1.33x as the previous ds?
00:22:679 (4,5,6) – same as what I wrote in Cup diff, it feels disgusting with a changing ds, try to keep them the same. Not only it will give players a better feeling, but also it can be a perfect flow.
00:33:635 (4,1) – I think it’s good to put a dash here, try it out and I believe you’ll love it too.

[Platter]
00:03:374 (2,3) – first pattern that makes me feel abnormal, the ds between them is too small and it can’t give players a good decision on keeping at this point or moving left, if I were you, I would make this pattern more clearer by ascending the ds a bit, like the pattern you use here 00:05:461 (2,3)
00:05:983 (4,5,6) – The ds can be larger here, with about 1.35x ds, the current pattern can make people feeling sticky and give out a bad response. Moreover, the ds leaving left for the next dash is not ready. Thus I think 1.35x ds can work out better.
00:11:200 (1,2,3) – dear, the song hasn’t reached it’s kiai part, and the 1.5x ds between 2 and 3 will make many players dash here, which is not your want in oriental. From my perspective, I would suggest 1.35x ds.
00:28:418 (2) – I’m questioning why you want to cut down the move here? Nothing wrong with the melody and your flows, but I think keep it a straight moving right horizontal slider will make this pattern better.
00:46:679 (1,2,3) – it will be good to keep the same ds here, also the later 1.6x ds still gives a player feeling like to dash here.

As Zirox said, more spacing are questioning in platter diff, so I’m not going to post all of them.
Edit: my fault

I’m sorry if this causes d DQ, but I really hope this mod can help your map a bit MB! And good luck!
ZiRoX

examination wrote:

As Zirox said, more spacing are questioning in platter diff, so I’m not going to post all of them.
I didn't say that. Don't involve me in drama, thanks.
Shiirn
(Post-rant addition: Sorry for the wall. I felt I needed to explain both sides here.)

I think I can speak for many, many people when I say that the issue people bring with speedranks is not necessarily the objective quality of the maps.

For all that the community hypes up mappers, it's actually extremely easy and not that time consuming for an experienced mapper, of any mode, to make a plain map with as little objectionable pieces as possible. That's not the problem. If the mapper wants to simply raise their number of ranked maps without doing anything particularly special from a mapping perspective, such as this map being Mbomb simply mapping something quick for stress relief, that is entirely fine and entirely on them.

It becomes a bit of an issue when maps tend to "skip to the front of the queue", so to speak, by virtue of being ranked very quickly because a mapper can use their friends to go over their total 3 minutes of sub-3* playtime stuff to check and make sure they didn't make any glaring errors. Which is fine! It's certainly one of the "perks of the job" that you can more easily convince nominators to simply do what amounts to a sub-ten-minute check, rather than queues which can take days and weeks of real time and more than an hour of direct modding time.

On the one hand, there's no particular problem with speedranking a map that contains nothing special. On the other, it's a bit disrespectful to the community et al to brazenly show that you're capable of doing so. I'm sure no offense is meant, but some is taken. You have to remember that not everyone, especially newer mappers, which, for better or worse, take up a massive majority of the percentage of the community, are not capable of simply making a boring, plain map and calling up their buddies to quickly increase your ranked map count by 1.

That's how many people see it, and no matter what you say, it's how it's going to be seen by people not privy to the knowledge that "mapping is actually super fucking easy" and "being friends with a BN can much more easily convince them to just take a 10 minute quick break to check your map because they know you don't suck".

These facts have existed for well over six years now. They won't go away any time soon. And thus, if you want to speedrank a map, you're going to have to face the fact that there will be people who find it objectionable. Whether their baying is accurate or not is another point entirely, and as such, it falls to the mapper and the BNs themselves to understand what sort of image their actions can provoke.

All that said, looking at the map I see nothing objectively wrong with it. Move on with your lives.
Kibbleru
some people find speedranking a map very stulid, but its even stupider to exaggerate issues to try to dq a map that has no inherent flaws.
Ascendance

Kibbleru wrote:

some people find ranking a map very stulid, but its even stupider to exaggerate issues to try to dq a map that has no inherent flaws.
Setz
I think alot of the salt stems from the fact that they see maps getting speed ranked, but other maps that have been pending for a while just sit there because they have no BN connections.

as much as it sucks, that is just the way things work, even in real life, its always about who you know more than what you know. shitty, but that is a reality you will have to learn to accept.
Shiirn
My entire point is that a speedrank that is objectively fine comes from a combination of BOTH "who" and "what" you know. But if you didn't read any of that wall, I don't blame you.
Setz

Setz wrote:

I think alot of the salt stems from the fact that they see maps getting speed ranked, but other maps that have been pending for a while just sit there because they have no BN connections.

as much as it sucks, that is just the way things work, even in real life, its always about who you know more than what you know. shitty, but that is a reality you will have to learn to accept.

bold part clearly implies that yes, it is both, i am not saying its not. but one clearly holds more weight than the other.

a little reading comprehension goes a long way.
_handholding
ermmm, Why does examination have a kds yet his mod doesnt have a reply?

edit:

Kibbleru wrote:

some people find ranking a map very stulid, but its even stupider to exaggerate issues to try to dq a map that has no inherent flaws.
Examination's mod hasn't received a reply yet gets condescended and basically treated like an annoying kid that no one wants to listen to.

Tsubaki got checked by several BNs and QATs and was passed off as fine but was still able to get DQ'd by random mods' most notably by this guy p/5121844 whose mod consisted most of 'wtf' and 'why?'. Examination has at least given it a respectable mod yet no one wants to acknowledge it.
show more