forum

[Archived] HELP MY RANK IS MESSED UP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bad aimm
Problem Details: umm my current rank was 63410 Now some how i made a 1pp play i went 63410 to 60082 iam pretty sure theres a error here

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Foxi
You're not alone, I just moved up 3k places after gaining 0 pp.
Dntm8kmeeatu
There was a change on how inactive accounts are handled so a bunch of people got taken off the leaderboard.

It seems though people are still slowly gaining ranks in Standard. Might be unrelated, Not sure. No confirmation yet.
TheVileOne
pp recalculations indeed happened. Everyone went up some ranks and ranks will change when people become active again.
Topic Starter
bad aimm
so your saying once the inactive people start playing again my rank will go down so whats the point of this?
TheVileOne
We want to leaderboards to represent people that still actively play the game. Otherwise the lists would be full of people that don't play the game anymore that lower the ranks of everyone else.
Dntm8kmeeatu

TheVileOne wrote:

pp recalculations indeed happened. Everyone went up some ranks and ranks will change when people become active again.

TheVileOne, I just want some confirmation. I know there was a PP Recalculation a day or two ago, But that's unrelated to the rank changes correct? The way you worded this makes it seem the rank changes are cause by a pp recalculation. Also are you referencing that PP change or has another, more recent one taken place?

One more thing, Whats with the standard ranks slowly still going up? Is the inactive user purge still going on or what?

I'm just a bit confused and want to clear things up.
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure it's related. It's nothing to be concerned about.