forum

[Archived] Osu! Crashing requiring pc restart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PixelPacker
I am currently running windows 10 on the latest stable osu build. So in the middle of a playing songs or being on the game in general the game will freeze then will crash and everything else on the pc wont run after that till I restart my pc can anyone help?

P.S it's a shame my friend got me addicted to this game because now anytime I want to play it, it's a risk to play because I host a teamspeak server in the background of my pc and if I ever need to restart my pc due to this happening most people leave :/
VeilStar
Sounds like your system crashing when running osu! more than osu! crashing and taking your system with it to be fair. (Overheating? Hardware issues? Some driver issues?) Do you have a crash log or anything to go of?
Topic Starter
PixelPacker

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds like your system crashing when running osu! more than osu! crashing and taking your system with it to be fair. (Overheating? Hardware issues? Some driver issues?) Do you have a crash log or anything to go of?
Sadly I do not and it isn't overheating I have already looked in my temps and it's not that but I do remember the first day I saw this issue it said the nvidia kernal crashed but that is gone. Also on occasion when I try and start osu it says the beatmap data base was corrupt.
Topic Starter
PixelPacker
Any help?
VeilStar

PixelPacker wrote:

Any help?
I'd say check the Event Viewer and check for logs from the crash in there, and then go from there.

PixelPacker wrote:

the first day I saw this issue it said the nvidia kernal crashed but that is gone
Judging from this it might very well be a graphics driver issue.
Topic Starter
PixelPacker
Thank you for the help but I wouldn't know what this would mean but I was digging around in event viewer and I found this
https://gyazo.com/41db76c39658a3bc78630849142ac20e (It's a screenshot of the error) If anyone would know how to fix this error you would be amazing!
TheVileOne
It's an access violation. That screenshot doesn't show the Details tab which has additional info on the issues. It sounds like your graphics card is having a serious issue at some point. Make sure you are on the latest drivers.
Topic Starter
PixelPacker
This is the details for the first error and I also found a second error.
You can find the first error in an above post
Details for first error: https://gyazo.com/ca830c5e596b67d02f3c1a054b6fcaa8
Second Error: https://gyazo.com/8dd04c7b43d07f5a863650583e818bc4
Second Error Details: https://gyazo.com/ec29be03a8e8793c175c170f93cdab8a

From what it looks like to me it's osu's sound breaking it. I have had weird issues with sounds and my current headset so I think it could be my headset messing with osu or it could be my dsound.dll in windows is corrupt.

Edit: Looking into this even more my sound issues and possibly this crash is due the sound.dll and that is part of directX and I cannot find out how to repair it.
TheVileOne
That is a possibility. 0x0000005 refers to an access violation exception, which means that there could be programs running (your headset drivers) trying to access the same memory that the game is trying to use. It could be that some malware or some other circumstance corrupted your directx installation. You can try reinstalling your directx.

Not using your headset is the best way to rule that out as a contributor. I'm curious though if you have issues with your sound cutting out. osu! will detect active audio devices in game if for whatever reason the currently active device is unplugged. It could be a trigger for the issue in your case.

This type of error should not be locking up your system. The operating system and graphics card driver software are designed to avoid these kinds of system failures. There is probably a more serious error log describing this event in particular (under System category) . Does it give a message that the display driver crashed?

If you are on the latest drivers, those drivers may not be working correctly or have been affected by the windows 10 upgrade if you didn't do a clean install.