forum

star2.png color behind cursor during kiai and breaks

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ziin
It's pink. By my guess, it's achieved by reducing the red blue and green channels by 25% of their original value. Can I change this?

There's a number of things which I don't know about, I'm sure (just read about the shift+f12 thing to upload screenshots) and I can't seem to find any .osu file format documentation, so I assume this is never going to be released or is in some corner of ppy.sh which I don't know about.
Gonzvlo

ziin wrote:

It's pink. By my guess, it's achieved by reducing the red channel by 25% of its original value. Can I change this?
If you want to change the color of "star2" simply re-colorize the "png" file, Here's an example:

Re-colorized file:

Result:
Topic Starter
ziin

Gonzvlo wrote:

If you want to change the color of "star2" simply re-colorize the "png" file, Here's an example:

Re-colorized file:
My point is that osu messes with the image behind the cursor, such as adding transparency and removing parts of the blue and green channel.

this one is gray-ish, which is what I want, but I'd sort of like to know if I can have the cursor stars and the kiai stars the same color?
SPOILER
modified:

default:
mm201
Customization of the cursor stars' colour is clearly a feature request, so I'll move this for you.
Topic Starter
ziin
I just want to know how to predict the color of images affected by the colorize function in storyboard/changing of color in hitcircles/star2.png now.
Gens
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10631&p=94085

???

I wouldn't know if this worked for the Kiai Time, but I recall it worked correctly for the cursor.

And god the temptation to rewrite all of my posts in that thread is unbelievable
Topic Starter
ziin
well it's good I found out something else, but like comboburstrandom this is skin only, correct?
Gens
Ah, .osu specific. Sorry, missed that bit.

Yes, I believe it does not work in the .osu.