tfw u lose a bet :^)
ex00:14:647 (8) - stab me for being nazi, but this doesnt look very aligned. or its nearly alligned but it isnt, and its bugging me. comparison below - I don't get it, it looks aligned to me. Show grid coordinates if you think it can be better
00:19:536 (1,2,3,4) - try doing something like http://puu.sh/qL1j5/349dcc1887.jpg. make 5 -> 6 -> 1 look more triangle and have the rest of the notes follow downwards via stack or manual stack. imo is alot cleaner than this http://puu.sh/qL1me/edc47a1416.jpg - this is intentional. The spacing from 6 to 7 is emphasized by the bigger spacing. It is already a triangle, it's just not equilateral
00:21:313 (4,5,6,7,8) - same issue here as the first mod. - same as before
00:22:536 - missing beat here. tbh you can stack it with 00:22:424 (2) - and itll still be fine. adds to the challenge. anyway, try to fill this note in, its super out of place.
00:28:424 (4,5,6,7,8) - ima stop repeating myself :p just make it aligned properly. ignore this if im actually blind ;l - same
00:36:424 (1,2,3) - lmao you did it here :/
00:41:313 (1) - http://puu.sh/qL1Fm/4d8e703996.jpg not a perfect triangle lol. not a huge issue, but since your map relies of shapes alot, might as well put this in here. - 00:41:017 (2,3,1) - is the triangle. The 2 is separate.
00:51:535 (7) - NC? theres a new drumming pattern. - going to need more opinions on that. I personally think it's not needed
00:53:313 (7) - this here. - unnecessary. It's a string of 1/3 so there's no need for a NC
01:11:980 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - idk about you, but id make this stream cleaner lol. doesnt look very curve perfect if thats even a term. i mean, http://puu.sh/qL1Us/db62ff1365.jpg compared to this http://puu.sh/qL1VF/aabd4f9e51.jpg, i think the 1st one is more pleasing to the eye.
01:17:091 (6) - id flip this the other way to compliment the next slider's direction. http://puu.sh/qL1ZC/3ad502fbef.jpg - its copypasted stuff so changing it wouldn't fit. Besides, its just horizontal sliders so far so something vertical wouldn't fit very well
01:51:091 (1) - imo id ctrl g this so its more consistent to this 01:50:424 (6,7) - . also i think as it is rn it gives unecessary emphasis to 01:51:313 (2) -
i meaaaan, 01:52:869 (1,2) - youve been doing this during the entire section so why not keep it the same. you seem to be copy pasting a lot of patterns anyway. - this creates a bad angle to play. These are just slight modifications of a pattern used previously.
02:00:869 (5) - ctrl g. i dont think the DS should be that wide. even for a map like this, imo its too wide. - Ctrl g is a bad idea. The distance can be consider negligible and this gives a better path overall
02:08:425 (5) - NC this? i think this part is pretty defined and should be on its own NC section. also helps tell players that this section is different. http://puu.sh/qL2fM/36a6d6ba7b.jpg - it's not significant enough for a NC imo. The section already tells itself with those quadjumps earlier in the section anyways
02:10:202 (5) - ^ - I don't see a reason musically to add a NC on this. The player should be able to define the jumpstream after previous patterns anyways.
02:11:980 (5) - ^
02:13:758 (13) - ^and similar parts
02:19:092 (13) - this one in particular coz the last 2 notes of the previous stream (02:18:870 (11,12) - )are particularly silent and might throw off some players. NC might help with reading. - considering that I haven't changed patterning for the whole section anyways. It feels pointless to do that. Changed the "silent" notes to a slider instead though
03:15:536 - wanna map the guitar? you did last time. - removed guitar section on last part
03:23:091 (8) - NC? - not necessary
--everything beyond this point is personal opinion and can be ignored--
03:03:425 (6) - NC coz new section? :/ and for similar parts lol - all my NC's are with the song and not by patterning. This being a NC is just out of place
18:17 Crimmi: looks like you need a mod.
18:17 ktgster: i certainly do
18:17 ktgster: you want to bother?
18:17 Crimmi: Well i'm getting nowhere anyways so I might as well slave away modding.
18:18 *ktgster is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/986233 sakuzyo - Senkyouranbu]
18:18 Crimmi: Lemme see.
18:19 Crimmi: Downloading.
18:23 ktgster: still downloading?
18:24 Crimmi: It's done.
18:29 Crimmi: Want a IRC mod or a forum mod.
18:29 ktgster: uhh
18:29 ktgster: idk what do you prefer
18:31 Crimmi: Well I do prefer IRC since I am more comfortable with telling it to you straight up rather than using college vocabulary to tell you that this object is off screen.
18:31 ktgster: alright
18:32 Crimmi: I know nobody takes SR into account but the SR from normal to hard is a bit odd, don't you think?
18:32 ktgster: its a general 1 star gap overall
18:33 ktgster: i guess you could say its odd since you might expect normal to be 2 stars instead
18:33 Crimmi: It's 1.92 but yeah.
18:33 ktgster: but you shouldn't really look at star rating when i made the map loaded down to the lowest point
18:34 ktgster: that being said, i did have a few checks on my spread
18:34 Crimmi: Ah ok.
18:34 Crimmi: Now your BG is 960x768, you should double check it yo.
18:35 ktgster: i have a feeling thats intentional
18:36 Crimmi: Intentional in what sense/
18:36 Crimmi: ?
18:36 ktgster: idk but it was something to do with ratio's not matching up
18:38 ktgster: and i can't find the BG
18:39 Crimmi: 01:23:314 (2) - This slider is possibly off-screen, maybe it's me but you should double check that.
18:39 ktgster: normal?
18:40 Crimmi: Yup.
18:40 ktgster: ur rite
18:40 ktgster: moved a few pixels up
18:43 Crimmi: I figured you'd use Soft hitsounds instead of drum hitsounds throughout this map
18:43 ktgster: whats with the double posting
18:43 Crimmi: D/C'ed/
18:44 ktgster: seems more like a preference thing
18:44 ktgster: i don't use headphones and i guess it could go either way
18:45 Crimmi: Not really a preference of mine, I figured that you used the japanese hitsounds around by the middle of the song and I thought you could've sprinkled it around throughout the map in parts when it fits the most, you know what I mean/
18:46 ktgster: the japanese hitsounds were mostly for the beginning
18:46 ktgster: i find it strange to use it anywhere else that isn't the first minute or the last few seconds
18:47 Crimmi: Ah, because japanese drum hitsounds like taiko hitsounds would've worked in the first minute imo.
18:47 ktgster: and considering the guitar
18:47 ktgster: well its not like you can hear the full effect on the easiest difficulty
18:49 ktgster: wow the disconnects
18:50 Crimmi: lol
18:51 ktgster: anything else?
18:51 Crimmi: I was checking 02:33:758 and I thought you we're following the violin, so I gave you an alternative here without altering too much http://puu.sh/qM74i/2dcf15b7c6.jpg
18:52 ktgster: but i never map that part?
18:53 Crimmi: What do you mean lol
18:53 ktgster: i assume you mean 02:33:758 -
18:53 Crimmi: yea
18:54 ktgster: o guess i checked the wrong part before
18:54 ktgster: question is, this is the easiest difficulty and your revision has more 1/2's
18:54 ktgster: i wonder if its suitable
18:55 Crimmi: Well it is an normal, right?
18:55 ktgster: it is
18:55 ktgster: but i don't feel like making an easy
18:55 Crimmi: Once the normal is around 2 stars, I don't think that would be necessary~
18:56 ktgster: its pretty much a mix of easy and normal
18:56 Crimmi: Hence the 1.92
18:56 Crimmi: Because I see NHII
18:56 Crimmi: So it's still good to me imo
18:57 Crimmi: And if anything, I can provide an Easy if it's needed.
18:58 ktgster: k going for it then
19:00 ktgster: k changed
19:03 Crimmi: That's it for normal, i'll skip N/A's diff since he's probably not online.
19:05 Crimmi: For Insane, particuarly 00:07:091- I hear 1/4 drumrolls yet you're using 1/6's, is that intentional?
19:05 Crimmi: 00:07:091 (5) -
19:05 ktgster: i hear 1/16
19:06 ktgster: 1/6*
19:07 Crimmi: Maybe the first 3 seconds of the roll it's 1/6 but I swear I hear mostly 1/4 after that.
19:07 ktgster: and i swear the whole slider length is 1/6
19:08 ktgster: actually
19:08 ktgster: 00:07:091 (5) - this is 1/6 whole
19:09 ktgster: the rest have some 1/8 in them
19:09 Crimmi: I see.
19:09 ktgster: but its confusing
19:09 ktgster: because all the 1/8's are just 3 notes
19:10 Crimmi: Blame sakuzyo
19:10 ktgster: and you're probably right
19:10 ktgster: but GL trying to fit that in
19:15 ktgster: and afk
19:18 Crimmi: Back
19:19 Crimmi: 00:46:573 (5) - Shouldn't the drumroll at (6) start here instead?
19:20 ktgster: uhh why?
19:20 ktgster: if you didn't notice
19:20 ktgster: the circles are 1/6
19:20 ktgster: the slider is in 1/8
19:21 Crimmi: Ah, I saw it.
19:22 Crimmi: But the transition from 1/6 to 1/8 is a bit tricky as I saw there but yeah.
19:22 ktgster: its the most simple method to execute the right rhyhtm
19:29 Crimmi: Well, everything here is solid.
19:33 ktgster: and your back
19:33 Crimmi: Yeah, I had to check my queue
19:39 Crimmi: All I can say is that it's a good map man~ gj
19:39 ktgster: o ok
19:40 ktgster: post in thread lol
19:42 Crimmi: Shit, I lost the logs
19:42 Crimmi: lol
00:26:202 (1,1,1) - If you wanna meme a bit you can do slightly increasing SV on each :^) im not vinsix
00:26:647 (1) - Also idk how to explain this clearly but uh...this looks cool so it would be cool if 00:26:647 (1) - pointed straight through it like symmetry or something idk stupid suggestion tbh (only consider this if you didn't do the thing above) why do u need to care about those random straight sliders lul
00:32:869 (1,1,1) - If you applied the first one then do it here too as well as anywhere else u did it luks beautiful im gonna keep them :^)
00:55:980 (1,1,1,1,1) - woo sakura pattern!! (shoutout to ma boi yyy) no im not gonna shout
no real issues
00:28:758 (7,8) - Not sure what the rhythm to using this DS is. At first I thought it was gonna be cuz of 00:14:536 (7,8) - that chopsticks whatever sound and also maybe during parts where the intensity rises slightly like 00:19:313 (5,6,7) - but then at 00:28:758 (7,8) - it doesn't really meet these similar requirements. Like sure there's a bit more emphasis at 00:28:869 - but that can be said about pretty much all of the last sounds of the 5s streams and not all of them do it so....yeah. idk man. Or maybe I'm missing something but if I'm not then make this consistent. After all that's what this whole map is pretty much banking on. - not all of them do it due to 1/8 sliders or changes into 1/6. If I missed something, please let me know
00:43:313 (8,9,10,1) - WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 1/6 quads that AREN'T SIMPLIFIED to 1/4 triplessss!!!!!!
01:26:869 (1) - Mute the slider end (or at least halve the volume for dat note cuz cool effectz - sliderend is also hitting a note so muting or lowering the volume is not an option
02:31:869 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Very slight distance snap increase would be cool kinda like the one you did here 02:02:647 - made it more spaced instead
02:48:647 (3,4,5,6) - Just wanna let you know this plays like butt and you suck for doing it but it's just cuz I suck at this kinda alternating - this is presented everywhere in the map, by now you should be expecting this anyways
The consistency things mentioned in the EX also apply here. Also in THIS diff unlike in the EX 00:28:758 (7,8) - thse don't have that emphasis but I think you still kinda tried to do it cuz 00:21:313 (3,4,5,6,7) - 00:14:202 (3,4,5,6,7) - etc. the snap to (7) uses .6x unlike the rest using .5x so idk if ur still trying to do that here or wat but again make it consistent in all those sounds and not just some. Also as a note obv you don't have to do them for ALL of them within reason such as 00:23:313 (9,10,11) - cuz kick slider or on the triples (though you could) - all those minuscule changes are to accommodate for stacks. Turn on stacking in editor and you might see why they're like that
00:43:313 (8,9,10,1) - again thank you for doing this
00:55:980 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - I wouldn't hate you for making the DS on these increase slightly per triple
Rest looks fine. Apply any related suggestions from EX to the other diffs if applicable.
Good luck! :v
00:26:202 (1) - this part isn't 1/3rd pretty sure ...you're not serious, are you?
01:19:980 (2) - could rotate this a bit to make it not as diagonal, looks kinda iffy yea fk me
01:33:313 (1,2,3) - drums you were following here end on 01:34:091 - adding a circle after that is much better for reading at this level
02:08:869 (1,2,3,4) - might wanna make this consistent and have a repeat slider after 2 like you did with the previous ones the concept is to increase the density step by step so it's completely necessary, after all you can't tell those reverses' length at the first sight
03:29:758 - snap green timing point to 03:30:647 - ? yeha
- 00:25:758 (1) - Hitsound it as a soft sampleset and additions soft-hitclap. it's already soft clap on slider head. not for the slider end cuz 1/3.
- 01:33:758 (2) - Make it a stream instead of a repeat? Its different from 01:33:313 (1) - , so I thought it'd be neat if 01:33:758 (2) - has a more significant pattern than 01:33:313 (1) - . I would like to keep 5-circle streams in only intro and outro (and ofc some certain parts), they are much more complicate with tons of 1/3 and 1/6. in other parts, some triples might be good enough.
thank you all.
- 00:21:758 (7) - not in line, drop it down and left 1 pixel apiece would rather just remake the whole stream
heyI don't like having too short NC's in a normal or easy hence why I have to deny all your NC's and fixed a few on my own.
inconsistent widescreen support with EX diff
00:17:313 (1,1) - weird nc patterns compared to your previous ones
00:27:091 (1) - i think you should just not nc this to be consistent with your long ncs from before
00:27:758 - there's definitely a note here, you should map this instead of making it a double - its a bit hard to hear. Not going to map these notes to as its a bit of a calmer part overall
00:28:202 - here too - ^
00:29:536 - here too - ^
00:29:980 - here too - ^
00:30:869 (9,10,11,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - so i think you were asking me about that pattern a while ago, i think removing the stream jump from 00:31:424 (4) - to 00:31:536 (1) - will make this pattern much easier to play. if you apply this then apply it to all the other patterns - A lot of this section is based around 1/4 jumpstreams and sudden rhythm changes. No change
00:33:758 (5,1) - i think the NC should start on 5 and removed on 1, makes more sense musically
00:36:424 (1,4) - overmapped, these should just be circles
00:39:536 (5) - i recommend buffering this slider - what is buffering?
00:44:647 (1,2,3,4) - this isn't 1/6, it's 1/4 according to the song
00:45:091 (5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - ok so i see you didn't make a stream jump to the first 1/3 in this one so i think you should get rid of the stream jump in the previous section where you used that pattern - context is important, theres no need for a jumpstream since its simply just 1/4's stringing into 1/3's.
00:48:276 (3,4,5) - overmapped, delete 4
00:52:424 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - you should probably match this ncing pattern to the previous 1/3 sections where you nc'd every 3 notes
00:53:758 (11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - ^
00:55:980 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - especially since you did it here for some reason. - its the most emphasized part. It's also the only part where i have jumps split into 3 each time. This is to help with reading
01:03:091 (4,5,6) - i feel like you could reduce 4 down to the red/blue tick and make 01:04:424 - clickable by turning it into a triple for better emphasis - ended 1/2 earlier instead
01:09:313 (2) - flute follows a different melody here compared to 01:08:424 (1) - so maybe you could try something else instead of just one slider
01:37:536 (3,4,5) - messed up a stack here (i think, hopefully)
01:42:758 (3,4,5) - i feel like ctrl-g on 4 and 5 (and moving 3 accordingly) will flow better, if you apply this then apply it to all other instanced where you used it - A lot of this map is tight movement from here on out so having this not flow is intentional. Also the movement from object 2 to 3 wouldn't be consistent with the slider patterns before
01:59:091 (5,6,7,8,9) - plays kinda weird when the distance isn't the same between all 3 parts, consider making them the same?
02:11:980 (5,6,7,8) - uneven distance compared to 02:08:425 (5,6,7,8) - , should be 3.42x between 6 and 7 for both - removed jumpstream instead due to no strong notes on the 1/2's
02:32:869 (9,10) - maybe turn these into 1/8th sliders? sakuzyo uses this sound a lot in his songs and all mappers who mapped this sound mapped it like a 1/8th kick slider - It's a single sound and the song only uses this note 6 times in the song. It would be unfitting to the rest of the map and also annoying to place in 1/8 sliders here
02:34:424 (3,7) - consider changing these to 2 circles to be consistent with the next parts which used 2 circles for almost all of them - its basically a more simpler version of the later part. I think it's fine to keep it as it is
02:47:091 (1,2,3,4) - same applies to these - same response as before
03:01:313 - tbh you could probably map to the guitar here, if you choose to do this then do this also for 03:15:313 - not going to map the guitar here as it is more suited for a stop kind of feeling per say
03:30:202 (4) - nc?
03:31:647 - there's a sound here pretty sure - on normal speed, it would just sound like the lingering hit from the previous note. Don't think its needed to add a note there
All 1/3 strings NC strings were removed aside from a few that landed on the downbeat.
00:27:758 - could make this a triple if you wanted to, apply this to all other instanced if you are - same reasoning as EX
00:57:609 (3,1) - jump might be a little too big here - not much I could do, lowered spacing of each jump
00:59:536 (4) - could use that snail shape gain if you wanted to, this kinda just looks odd
02:40:869 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - what's with the inconsistent distance here, a bit unfitting honestly, same with 02:55:091 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - The song decreases in pitch slightly hence why the spacing is lower
honestly nothing much to point out here, solid diff
00:55:980 (4) - nc? -
01:11:980 (4) - nc?
01:58:202 (3,4,5) - might wanna change 3 to a slider to be consistent with all of the other sections before it - The NC pattern before and NC pattern after are different from each other.
02:03:536 (6) - nc?
02:19:536 (5) - nc?
02:37:313 (1,2,3,4) - so this is kinda weird because this is mapped to the background drums while 02:33:758 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - is mapped to the strings synth so there's a bit of inconsistency here - changed rhythm here
02:51:536 (1,2,3,4) - same here
03:29:758 - snap ts to 03:30:647 - ? - It's a rest section for the normal players after the slider patterns. Just about anything placed after this slider is bad readability tbh
03:37:536 (7) - nc?
k very late mod i know, sorry.
Maybe try making the CS of Insane a bit bigger. Maybe around 4.5 or 4.7. Other than that, on to the mod.
- 00:15:980 (7) - You should NC this since its different from 00:15:313 (2,3,4) - and 00:15:757 (5,6) - . To avoid redundancy since there are similar patterns, I suggest you change the ones that are similar too. - A lot of the NCing is based less on the song and more on the map structure. As such, there is no need to NC this
- 00:33:313 (2,3,4) - No matter how hard I try to ignore the stick sounds, I can't seem to, and always end up mishearing it, and I probably won't be the only one. I suggest you just put a repeat. - which would just create a more annoying pattern due to the 1/6 slider. I think it is more of a personal problem as you are the first person to tell me about this
- 00:41:536 (4) - NC? I think its significant enough to.
- 00:56:869 (5,6) - I don't see why this should be any different than 00:55:091 (2,3) -
- 01:58:202 (3,4,5) - Wouldn't it be more consistent and reasonable to have these notes be one whole reverse slider? - The part was never consistent; it was just simply a buildup overall
- 02:47:091 (5) - This note should be unique enough to have its own NC.
Thats about all I got for now, but Normal could use a bit more effort. I'm not sure how to explain it, but something feels off about it. Anyways, if you need another mod on this, feel free to contact me again, and I'll do more next time. I did this in the morning, so I might have missed a few bits.
I will be modding the topmost difficulty downwards. I'll try not to suggest my own interpretations of sakuzyo.
- A lot of your last-note-of-the-stream combos are not in a straight line from their previous ones, probably due to grid snap being a cunt. Some are more in line than others, which makes the effect look kind of weird. I'm talking about 00:14:202 (4,5,6,7,8) - these things, btw.
- 00:19:313 (5,6,7,8) - The manual stacking of 7 and beyond makes this triangle look REALLY weird. I suggest just manually moving the stack so that 567 makes a proper triangle.
- 00:34:869 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - The issue i mentioned up there^ makes this pattern in particular look really weird. - no matter how many times I see it, I can't really see the misalignment at all
- 00:53:313 (7) - I can't explain exactly why, but I feel like this should be new combo'd. Feel free to disagree. - Removed NC patterns on 1/3 earlier so this is a no
- 01:11:536 (5,6,7) - This is super weird because there is totally a beat on the red tick and if anything it's stronger and i don't hear any particular pair of doubles that would take precedence over these beats. - that sound is not on a red tick, but more on a yellow tick or some ridiculous rhythm instead. Not sure how to deal wit this instead of just leaving it like this
- 01:26:869 (1) - This should be two notes if you're following the acoustics, as it does actually double up. I know the second is weaker, but... eh - true, but eh
- 02:08:425 (5,6,7,8) - I know i said i wouldn't suggest things like this, but this should really, really be two sliders if you want to keep 1/4 noises going as there isn't an audible beat on the first blue tick and the second is a slap that is irrelevant to the layer you're following. This applies to most of the Dun-Dun moments.
- 02:21:313 (1) - people give me shit for weird sliders im sharing the love. same w/ the other one - yay
- 01:47:980 (2,3,4,5,6) - This is personal opinion, but this is the only 5-note stream in this section. You have a lot of sliders before, and don't necessarily have clicks on all the drums anyway, so... maybe make this two 1/4 sliders and a circle? The string noises could make for pretty good 1/4 slider jumps. (The reason i didn't suggest this on EX is that EX is much more dense and has many more drum-reliant clicks, so following the drums excessively is fine for the ending) - There's a few 5 note streams before such as 01:40:869 (3,4,5,6,7) - and 01:33:313 (1,2,3,4,5) - . I am just simply mapping the constant drumming to circles here consistently
- 01:55:869 (7) - doesn't really make sense it's also very inconsistent with the rest of the section - did a minor rhythm change here
- 02:18:981 (8) - on EX, you specifically avoided having a click here, because there isn't a beat, I'm assuming. Do something similar here? - removed circle and increased spacing
- 02:21:313 (1) - IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME SLIDER AAAAAAAAAAAAAA - yep
normal is fine
for ez dif xd
00:32:869 (3,4) - do you think making this into a slider would fit better or did u really want the singular note to accentuate the big hit there, because it seems like 2 sliders would fit better because of that drum noise going on in the background - the former. The circle is more of a build-up feeling rather than following a certain instrument. A slider wouldn't have the same effect
00:39:536 - i was thinking you should add a note here to match the previous note that was added in the same section - I don't think I have ever add a circle there in previous sections. No change to keep consistency
00:43:980 (3) - you think making this into a slider to the previous white tick and adding a note on the beat would be better? - the player will probably assume that the current NC pattern is the downbeat. The song just switches a bit so this is why it is mapped like this instead
02:42:647 (2) - because the ending of this slider is a bit different (the music) maybe something different could be done just for the sake of it :B like a short slider or somethin - considering that this is the easiest difficulty, I don't think a short slider would be considered. I also think there is no need for a different ending as it is just following a basic guideline instead of the song as a whole.
02:51:980 - these parts feel kind of weird to me because they could just as easily have a note here although i could understand if they might feel cluttered or whatever but regardless ill just mention this part and i know it happens at least 1 other time in the kiai section before this. - added a circle
cool ending, i hope i did ok with this mod
- 01:58:202 (3) - Off-screen object.
- 02:19:536 (5) - I believe you could have placed an NC here. - not adding to stay consistent with previous NC styles plus I am avoiding 1 note NC's in easier difficulties
- 02:30:202 (1,1) - Recovery time might not be enough, I'm not really sure about it, but based on the 1500 ms rule for 150 BPM, I'd finish it on 02:32:424 - .
- 03:02:202 - 03:15:536 - This section is rather boring and very simple. Mostly Ctrl+J'd patterns focused on the center of the playfield. There's barely any movement and more than 50% of the screen is not being used for 15 whole seconds. I'd strongly recommend you guys separate things a tad so it doesn't look so clunky. - changed a few note positions around
- 00:56:869 (2,3) - As you haven't used a single 1/1 stack so far, maybe spreading them out would be a better idea. Generic triangle can work!! 02:47:091 (1,2) - Well, actually, here's the another one. Still, I don't think it's the best idea considering you are only using it twice throughout the map.
- 01:09:313 (2) - Mostly visual, but moving the tail to the left just a little bit would look nicer, that way the flow looks more intuitive towards (3). - used a curve instead, I don't think moving the tail would look any better
- 02:03:536 (6) - Shouldn't an NC be here? - same as Easy, I am avoiding one object NC's
- 03:17:536 (3,6,3) - Not really liking the fact that you are emphasising downbeats with the repeat arrow. Personally, I think they should really be clickable instead of not giving them any kind of action at all. They are not even placed in the tail where the action would be releasing the button... it's right in the middle of both, so it doesn't make too much sense. - changed to a more intuitive rhythm
- 00:52:202 (11,12,13,1) - and so on. The 1/6s mentioned are completely unpredictable and kind of unwanted for people who'll most likely play this difficulty. I do believe that making them as a slider would help a lot. Not all of them, though, only referring to those that are right after a 1/4 stream, because there's no way to tell they are 1/6s on an Insane-type of difficulty. So, patterns like 00:32:276 (2,3,4) - could be "okayish" because there's a small break in between.
- 02:38:647 (6,7) - Spacing is quite brutal here considering there's no real emphasis in the bgm. Something similar happens to 02:52:870 (6,7) - (actually it's the same scenario). Lowering the spacing here would be much nicer. - Lowered spacing, but due to the structure, I really cannot go much lower than this
- 03:28:869 (1,2,3,4) - And last but not least, reducing the spacing here a bit more so it doesn't look like a 1/2 pattern would also be nice. Actually, I read it as a 1/2 pattern, so I thought it would be nice to just let you know haha! - Considering that a rhythm similar to this was played before and the constant 1/4's, I don't think it would have the general player playing this misread as a 1/2
It's easily passable for those wondering!
Mostly a personal comment, but I do think you could work on your NCs till the very end of the intro. Stuff such as 00:43:313 (9) - could be NC'd to provide an easier readability to the 1/6 patterns. So there's an actual way of differentiating them not only by a few pixels, but also by the combos.
- 01:33:202 (9,1,2) - Must point these out. I really, really wasn't expecting that. Throughout the whole section, you are mapping the doubles before the slider and this just caught me off-guard. Isn't there a way of replacing 01:33:202 (9) - ? I was thinking about making 01:32:869 (8) - 1/4 and then adding another 1/4 slider on 01:33:091 - . What do you think? - just stacked on 9. It's the most fitting way
- 02:12:313 (8,1) - Spacing here goes crazy compared to the other 1/4 patterns. I really thought it was a 1/2 at a first glance. Making (7) a 1/4 slider could help out a bit so there's a really short break with no clickable action in-between. - lowered spacing
- 02:19:092 (12) - Also, adding an NC there would be cool, for the sake of the doubles.
- 02:26:647 (1) - Repeat arrow can be hella hard to read with some skins, especially if you don't hit 300 on 02:24:869 (1) - . Would move 02:26:647 (1) - some pixels below just to make sure it's 100% rankable. - moved a few objects
This difficulty is hella good, excellent job.
Amazing set, good job everyone. I do think there are some "must-change" stuff that should be... changed, so feel free to ask me any questions if you can't comprehend something that I said!
Call me back!