forum

Sudden Jump in Taiko Rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cipse
Not sure why, but I've seen a few people (including myself) jump up a few ranks in Taiko without doing anything.
Does anyone know the cause of this?
Zoe
It seems that inactive accounts have had their pp purged, possibly until they become active again.
AlyNight
Thanks. I am having the same thing going on as well...
But did that many accounts went inactive on taiko?
(If you see my rank jumped that to me is drastic)
carnivore101
Yeah, some of my perfromances are little higher than last time. Is there a tweaks about anything?
PS: I know that rank moves due to inactive players.
Dusalty
It looks like hr got buffed a bit
Conor
kouzuki_karen
that's cute
Topic Starter
Cipse

loe4boe wrote:

It looks like hr got buffed a bit
Are you sure?
From my taiko statistics, my pp rose by about 8.5%, or ~130 pp, since the last time it was updated - which I'm sure just came from me playing normally.

If HR got buffed, even a bit, I'm sure there'd be a huge increase in my pp, considering that every difficulty on my "Best Performance" has HR attached to it
Conor
Chozo007
Sick... I had been top 500 slowly PP degrading to around 1200. Jumped back up to 900ish, feels good... :). Too bad now it's just gonna degrade again :(
Topic Starter
Cipse

Conor wrote:

the pp algorithm was updated a while ago but they've only just managed to run a reprocess of it all recently

we got the boost in pp 28 days ago (first graph jump) when they fixed the database corruption for certain OD/AR giving out incorrect values but the shown values of our scores weren't updated up until 3 days ago so our top performance lists have basically just been showing us incorrect numbers for about a month (raw pp didn't change when these updated because that already happened)

they also removed inactive players from the rankings 3 days ago (second graph jump) which explains the jumps in rankings across all the game modes but the inactive players would obviously retain their rank if they logged in and submitted one score

i hope i cleared up your confusion my friend ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Yep, that clears everything. Thanks :)
Also, I only really started playing Taiko ~28 days ago, so I wouldn't have noticed the HR buff when it happened :lol:
karterfreak
HR probably got buffed a -little- more than it needed to be...

Yuzeyun

It used to be 310, so the "buff" affected everything.
However I noticed that if every map had a +1pp bonus, the grand total would have been +20.
I got +45, so I got on average +2.25pp
Garpo got 74, which is 3.2 on average.
I'm not too sure about pp, I got +4 on Rainbow Dash, same goes for x.U. - haven't seen for higher ODs yet.
Conor
AmnesiA-chan
Same happened to me, dafek is happening?