forum

[resolved] New Taiko and osu!mania FC Achievements Aren't Working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner
Problem Details:

I've tried a bunch of different maps to get the new Taiko and osu!mania FC achievements, but I haven't been able to unlock them. The Catch the Beat ones work fine using the same methods.

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
NeVMiku
Hush hush achievements are not to be discussed...

SPOILER
Not here anyway.

But if this is an actual problem then I'm on my wit's end. Have you checked the new osu! page? Some achievements can only be found there.

http://new.ppy.sh/forum
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

These aren't "Hush-Hush" achievements though. They are "Skill" achievements.

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

But if this is an actual problem then I'm on my wit's end. Have you checked the new osu! page? Some achievements can only be found there.
I am referring to the new achievements on the new osu! page. They are not working like they should.
NeVMiku

Sleepteiner wrote:

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

These aren't "Hush-Hush" achievements though. They are "Skill" achievements.

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

I am referring to the new achievements on the new osu! page. They are not working like they should.

Great, because I don't see any form of "FC Achievements" in the Skill section. Not that I'm saying there is also one in Hush Hush.
---------------_old_1

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Great, because I don't see any form of "FC Achievements" in the Skill section. Not that I'm saying there is also one in Hush Hush.
They aren't called FC achievement. Another name for them is gold star medals.

And OP, I think you need 100% to get the gold star medals, not full combo.
NeVMiku

--------------- wrote:

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

They aren't called FC achievement. Another name for them is gold star medals.

The grey ones you only need to pass. I don't know about the Gold ones. Yeah, I do think you have to FC them, though I'm not sure.
But I don't know if it's specific to osu!std or other game modes.

Personally I don't see one specific to Catch or Mania (unless it applies to all modes of course).

And no, not 100%. Just FC.
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

--------------- wrote:

I just tried it and it didn't change anything.

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Yeah, I do think you have to FC them, though I'm not sure.

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Personally I don't see one specific to Catch or Mania (unless it applies to all modes of course).
Go to the other game mode tabs then scroll down.

NeVMiku
Right, I'm sorry.

You've answered your own question! lol Now I know more stuffs and things.
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Right, I'm sorry.
You don't have to apologize. You are the one going out of your way to help me. :)

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

You've answered your own question!
There is still the problem of these achievements currently being impossible to obtain, sadly.
Bara-
Maybe it's because of a false detection of FC?
In mania, there is no set number of combo for fc (since holds keep giving combos)

Also, NeVe, Hush Hush achievements are no longer silencable
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

Bara- wrote:

Maybe it's because of a false detection of FC?
In mania, there is no set number of combo for fc (since holds keep giving combos)
That is what I thought, but I got max combo possible on a couple of maps, and it still didn't work.

I feel like this should be confirmed due to the fact that not a single person has any of these achievements even though they have been out for a day now. This is including the people who have filled the requirements for at least one of the achievements multiple times.
NeVMiku

Bara- wrote:

Also, NeVe, Hush Hush achievements are no longer silencable
I lol'd.
Bubbler
In Standard and CtB, the gold medals can be earned through achieving a "Perfect".
This means to achieve maximum possible combo on a given map - for these two modes.

I think the problems are different for Taiko and Mania:
In Taiko, the maximum combo is well-defined for any map, but there is nothing called Perfect at all. Even autoplay result does not show the Perfect message.
On the other hand, in Mania, any play with zero 100's, zero 50's and zero misses counts as Perfect, but the actual number of combos can differ.
These points must be considered to make the gold medals work correctly.
Bara-
I believe Perfect in Taiko also has to do getting all sliderticks in drumrolls
Not sure though
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner
I just checked the profile of both people who have gotten 1,000,000 scores in mania or got a best possible score in Taiko in the past two days, but none of them have the FC achievements. So, that probably isn't the problem.
Bubbler

Bara- wrote:

I believe Perfect in Taiko also has to do getting all sliderticks in drumrolls
Not sure though
Are you talking about the in-game message or the medal?

In-game message (shown over the hp-graph) ->
Autoplay hits all slider ticks, spinners and big dons correctly, but still no "Perfect" message
(and that map has no sliders and only one spinner btw)

Medal ->
Does not work. Period.

Oh, and it was indeed possible to get a Perfect - at least on a map with zero sliders zero spinners... and still no medal :(

Sleepteiner wrote:

... So, that probably isn't the problem.
Maybe you meant to say it isn't the POINT of the problem?
-Boggy-
I can confirm this, I actually got perfects and didn't get the achievements, but the thing is I have no idea what makes a perfect S different from a normal S in Taiko, because you have to get a full combo anyway ._.
Bubbler

-Boggy- wrote:

... but the thing is I have no idea what makes a perfect S different from a normal S in Taiko, because you have to get a full combo anyway ._.
I agree. Perfect should at least be consistent (e.g. all no-miss plays, or maybe 0miss + full slider + full spin, or whatever).
I will be glad if this (relatively minor?) issue is fixed along with the medals.
-Boggy-
Question: does ANYONE have any of the Taiko or Mania FC achievements at all?
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

-Boggy- wrote:

Question: does ANYONE have any of the Taiko or Mania FC achievements at all?
Nope, no one has those achievements.
VeilStar
I can't verify any of this myself due to being bad at this game but I'm pinning this for now.
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

As of 6:35 PST (Pacific Standard Time), nothing has changed. These achievements still cannot be unlocked.

Hopefully this will change later today, but, since it hasn't changed yet, don't mark this thread as resolved.
DarkStoorM

Sleepteiner wrote:

As of 6:35 PST (Pacific Standard Time), nothing has changed. These achievements still cannot be unlocked.

Hopefully this will change later today, but, since it hasn't changed yet, don't mark this thread as resolved.
Aren't fixes applied only after the game update?
-Boggy-
However, we're still unsure if only "Perfect" scores award medals or if simply getting max combo/S works on Taiko. I guess we'll have to figure that out once osu! updates.
I have no idea how Mania works, so I can't say anything about the mania FCs.
Topic Starter
Sleepteiner

DarkStoorM wrote:

Aren't fixes applied only after the game update?
Yea, that is true, but I thought that the changes in the "web" category are added when they are posted. Since this is not the case this time, I guess I was wrong in my assumption.

-Boggy- wrote:

However, we're still unsure if only "Perfect" scores award medals or if simply getting max combo/S works on Taiko.
I probably shouldn't. A "full combo" has always been defined as getting no misses and never breaking the combo, or, at least, it has been that way as long as I have been playing.
Bubbler
So... the "fix" announcement was done yesterday and still

both Taiko and Mania medals don't work. Disappointing.
Trosk-
I just tried myself and seems like it still doesn't work.
VeilStar
Removing the confirmed tag from this thread as I created a new thread listing all current issues with medals (achievements) to have a centralized place for them. t/467000

Edit: Resolved